• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Feedback Player Movements

DeletedUser

but am just miffed that I was moved away from an active guild member... I guess time will tell if any of my new neighbours are ones who do actually pay daily visits, they may be active according to you, but that dont mean they visit others on the map other than there own guildies....
In many respects being in a different place to an active FS member could be a good thing, if you've got new people who do visit/trade then not having that active person close by has freed up one new city space for a potential visitor. You can still visit that active person even if they aren't anywhere near you and trade with them exactly as before.

DeletedUser

No move for me yet in Aryndell ( the only one I play ). I'm actually afraid they have moved three players into my area as I visited all my neighbors last night and they still show their 5 hour cool downs while these three new people do not. If they got moved here it is going to be disappointing for them as my area is mostly through a inactive sweep so they just got a bunch of gold mines and Chapter 1 players that have just started and quit.
Not to mentions all the players who have deleted all their buildings ( except for the ones they can't ) and are long gone.

Valnad

Spellcaster
No move for me yet in Aryndell ( the only one I play ). I'm actually afraid they have moved three players into my area as I visited all my neighbors last night and they still show their 5 hour cool downs while these three new people do not. If they got moved here it is going to be disappointing for them as my area is mostly through a inactive sweep so they just got a bunch of gold mines and Chapter 1 players that have just started and quit.
Not to mentions all the players who have deleted all their buildings ( except for the ones they can't ) and are long gone.

Exactly the same for me.

DeletedUser2266

I registered my concerns about the proposed moves yesterday and my move had gone ahead today when I first logged in this morning. I have a lot of new active neighbours, which will be beneficial for progressing through the game, but not a single player from my previous area is within reach of me so I feel a lot has been lost. So much for the promise of being moved with your group of active neighbours! Climbing the ladder of success has never been my scene and I know very few players who feel progress is the only important point of the game - it's been a social and sociable thing too. I feel that something should have been put in place to allow us still to visit and trade with people we have already discovered as these loyal players, traders and online friends are now too far away to reach in the foreseeable future and we cannot help each other as our friendship hands are greyed out. Surely something could be done retrospectively to allow us to keep our pasts as well as investing in our futures?

DeletedUser2203

I only play Aryndell, and at least so far, I have not been moved, nor have I lost any of my neighbors.
I am very happy about this. :D
I visit all of my fellowship & all of my neighbors every day. I still even visit the ones who are not help-able due to (I guess) inactivity.
I have no missing cities that just give coins at the moment. Hopefully, at some point the few inactive neighbors will at least turn to coin givers.
Now if I could just be able to win a battle again...

DeletedUser9

Hi guys,

To respond on some of your questions:

How about moving the inactives away from the center, cause letting them stay at the same spot won't solve it for people who are in the center or for the most people anyway.

This is indeed how it works. Inactive people (which means they haven't logged in for more than 30 days) who have their "movement" setting turned on (which it is by default), will be moved towards the borders of the map, while active players will be moved towards the center, basically filling up their spot. As explained in the announcement, this does mean that one of these active players has to be in an exact similar spot (since it's a repeating pattern on the map), to be able to replace them.

when will the next moves take place?

We will do new movement rounds on a weekly basis.

Is this still a work in progress?

Because either they forgot to move me, or everyone else closeby moved to the exact same position. I did notice one or two new cities, which correlates to 1-2% of the total slots.

Movements take place when there are players near you who haven't logged in for more than 30 days and have their movement settings on and other players, who are active and more towards the borders of the map (and have their movement setting turned on) can replace them. If one of this criteria isn't met (or if these players at the end of the World Map are placed in a different spot in the center of the map), no movement will take place. The exact center of the map is the first place where players will be moved to and from there we'll get further and further towards the outside. This means that for now, it can happen that not much has changed in your direct vicinity, but that will come over the next few weeks :)

Kirithia

Novice
How active do you have to be to get moved? I would consider myself an active player, since I visit multiple times a day, almost every day, and have been doing so for over 6 months now. I would think, that if I were moved (and yes I have it checked to move me) I would go at least somewhat towards the center. That said, five rows below me, player placement becomes extremely sparse. Many of my highly active neighbors are gone replaced by very much newbies, yet here I still am surrounded by people that will have to scout many providences before they even discover me. And the number of trade pages has gone from 11 down to two. So far the movement has only greatly disadvantaged me.

DeletedUser1668

What a load of cobblers.

I'm at home all day every day recovering from being run over, pretty much always on this game.

It was not common knowledge!!!

You people don't listen. Take the money and run. What a great fan-winning idea that is.....

Hi Cazzy! Miss your company now.

DeletedUser1668

Thanks you , they should not have made things worst , if we had discovered player then keep those that we discovered not take then away . I lost a good neighbour with you . Boo to INNO

DeletedUser2371

So I got moved last night to an area that has lots of empty spots, I went to bed hoping they would fill up only to get on this morning and find they didn't. Then I polished what new neighbours I do have and I'm not impressed. Lot's of inactives.
I've lost out in this move. Normally overnight I would have been polished many many times, last night - 2 times.

DeletedUser1775

scheduled date came and went. And i am still in the same spot, with 2 bloody active neighbours in almost 300 provinces solved. :(

DeletedUser2548

Don't even know how to find you on the map now as there's no search by player name that i can find.

DeletedUser

If you click on the trophy / ranking points under your picture you can search a player by name. If you click on that players name after the search you can choose to visit that player. Once their city displays, you can click on the world map icon and it will show their cities location. The blue arrow thing should point back toward your city so you can kinda see your location relative to theirs.

DeletedUser1668

If you click on the trophy / ranking points under your picture you can search a player by name. If you click on that players name after the search you can choose to visit that player. Once their city displays, you can click on the world map icon and it will show their cities location. The blue arrow thing should point back toward your city so you can kinda see your location relative to theirs.

DeletedUser1668

thanks for that bit it does not help as most of my old reliable neighbours aree so far away I would be scouting everyday for months

DeletedUser2378

Hope & wish for some really better-place movements,
as, though interesting so far, I do have some non-visiting [& I assume not so active ones]*,
Plus, somebody whose town appears frozen ... Main hall seems upgrading for days, & Builders unable to be polished
- undoubtedly, the person isn't active, & I can not understand how this is happening

* (& I don't refer to smaller players who may not have discovered me yet, or something, here)