• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Feedback Player Movements

DeletedUser2114

While I was out for a stroll earlier I had a thought about this whole centre of map business. Yeah, I know, this is the kind of stuff I think about ok...Anyway I was thinking about the stuff we do know. For instance we know that when this game started on the server a year and a half ago I believe that it was filled from the centre out. So first player occupied centre spot, next six players occupied next ring and so on....
Now I would assume that the oldest players in the game, the ones who were here first must also be very high ranking players, like top 10 or 20, so my conclusion would be that at least some of these high rankers must be pretty close to if not at centre. I meant to try and put my theory to the test but don't really have the time till tonight :)

DeletedUser

You could search by rank, map say ten of them relative to each other and get a decent approximation of the centre of the map...
Even if those top 10 only represent 10% of the top 100, they should still be within several rings of each other, or (due to randomness) be reasonably indicative of where the game started.

DeletedUser1345

I started the game late in Sept., 2015.
There were a couple of large, advanced cities close by - they seemed large and advanced when I was new, anyway - but they have long since fallen silent.
So, I started in an older area ( presumably in a spot vacated by a deleted player ) - the game was several months old by the time I discovered it and began building.

Though it doesn't make any practical difference, I too would be curious to know where is the world-center.

DeletedUser2114

I started the game late in Sept., 2015.
There were a couple of large, advanced cities close by - they seemed large and advanced when I was new, anyway - but they have long since fallen silent.
So, I started in an older area ( presumably in a spot vacated by a deleted player ) - the game was several months old by the time I discovered it and began building.

Though it doesn't make any practical difference, I too would be curious to know where is the world-center.
Thanks for that info, was this on Winyandor ?

DeletedUser2114

First world, Arendyll.
Ok I see I'm a good distance to your North East so in Arendyll centre is South West and in Winyandor centre is somewhere to my North East so it would seem I'm a good distance from centre on both like maybe 100 rings. I had another goldmine this morning on Winyandor so I'm wondering are these goldmines that seem to be popping up going to be filled with non active players from close to centre and are new players to the game now placed at the edge, I'm just wondering what way it works. I would assume someone longer in the game gets preference to be placed closer to centre over someone on a starter city for instance. :)

DeletedUser2371

There will be more movements and it will be a weekly thing in the future. Currently we're testing markets by a few at the time, but in the near future it will become a regular thing :)
Fingers crossed I get moved again soon. I got moved to a shocking area with like 5 active players in it.

DeletedUser2331

Some positive feedback here: I used to be in an area where 60 of the 120 unlocked places were gold mines and almost never replaced, with north of me 7 active players (great guys though). The day of the move I got 25 neighbourly help when I logged on. This has "dropped" to 18-20 people a day that are not in my fellowship. Stuff on the market sells really quick. So very happy here about the move. Thank you for that!

DeletedUser2114

I still haven't been moved as of yet nor have my active neighbours. I logged on yesterday morning and 5 goldmines had popped up within my discovered area. These were quickly filled by evening but I would like to know are they being filled with inactive players from the centre or are they being filled with new players. I payed all of them a visit and most looked like starter up towns but one had a level 3 main hall so it would seem to me that players from the centre are being moved to my area.

DeletedUser2738

I am very happy where I am in the Winyandor , but I really would like to be moved in Arendyll server, because mostly players not active and looks like we all have mostly gems from boosted productions, so I struggle all time with trades :(
I could not find to tag right moment for moving, would be any opportunity to do that again? or write to somebody for it?

DeletedUser

I am very happy where I am in the Winyandor , but I really would like to be moved in Arendyll server, because mostly players not active and looks like we all have mostly gems from boosted productions, so I struggle all time with trades :(
I could not find to tag right moment for moving, would be any opportunity to do that again? or write to somebody for it?
The movement referred to isn't between servers but to a more active place on the World Map towards the centre.

The best suggestion to you if you're struggling to find trades other than your own boosted goods would be to find another Fellowship where members have boosts other than gems.

DeletedUser2114

First of all I would agree with the post above that maybe you need to find another f's where a balance of boosted goods is more evenly spread through the f's. As for the other thing you mention the option to move is automatically selected to the on position. You can find the tick box by clicking on cog icon to bottom right of screen and click the cog symbol in that pop up to see the tick box for moving. If you haven't been moved yet do not panic. I have not been moved on either world yet. This is a process that will take some time I imagine. They will get to you eventually.

DeletedUser363

Shame the only thing they have done in Winyandor is move some fs members close to me....I don't need them near me, I already trade and help them :cool:

DeletedUser2738

Thanks for answers ThunderingDarklord. I found where to tick a box.
I am very happy in Winyandor, I do not want to be moved, I just hope to move in Arendyll server.
I was in very good f's, but found too stressful, so in Arendyll server I am without f's, in Winyandor I am in much more relaxed f's, but trades 90% still happen with neighbours.

DeletedUser363

Just going through my neighbourhood in Winyandor...thanks....I have just visited 12 new neighbours....all have left the game.....just what I needed:rolleyes:

DeletedUser1150

I am in Wnyandor and am getting impatient about this moving that was talked about! I have almost no active neighbors - the trader only shows 1 star trades. How can I grow with no trades or neighbors? I am still very small - a more active fellowship would help some ... but I thought MOVING inactives out of the game was going to resolve my issues.