• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Feedback Player Movements

DeletedUser

The move for me has not been too good. I was in an area where I had people all around me I visited them every day, and they visited me every day, and I was getting around 20 non fellowship players visiting. After the move, I was moved to an allegedly busier area with many more "active " players allegedly, and my visits have been reduced to around 5 a day from the people I boost every day who are non-fellowship players, this is not good and a failure to me. You cant make people visit you even though you visit them every day, and to have been moved to an allegedly busier area and my return visits have been reduced so drastically is a joke !!!!!

DeletedUser363

I was moved to an allegedly busier area with many more "active " players allegedly, and my visits have been reduced to around 5 a day from the people I boost every day who are non-fellowship players,

The problem is, just because a player is active it doesn't mean they will visit you. Also, I have 40 'new' neighbours that will not be able to visit me, even if they want to, for a long time as their villages are so small that, although I have scouted further than them, they will not be able to scout near me yet. The larger players, that can visit, I have fewer of them visiting each week, which means I will visit those that reciprocate daily, and others when I need a coin boost

DeletedUser479

Why not just move players Activity and score wise based?
I have new players here...wow tap myself on the shoulder beside one or two, all below 100 scores and probably already quit the game cause they aren't in any FS. :eek:

DeletedUser

I was not moved but I've been getting significantly more visits since the moves. I'm not bothered that most of the players have much lower scores than mine since people can quit at any stage in the game. However, a member of my FS on Winyandor stated that she'd been moved to a significantly less active area.

DeletedUser363

One of my villages was moved from having about 8 neighbours that visited daily. Today I have done something I have done most days since the first move, visited 80 neighbours (all new). I get between 4 and 6 visits a day now...really not worth my effort of visiting unless I need the coins.

DeletedUser

Well, I'm still holding out hope that my city will eventually get moved. 50% of my current neighbors have not progressed far enough to have built a Trader. They are just the new ones that replaced the gold mines in the last month and mostly quit the same day they appeared. The rest are pretty much idle. I get a 1-2 visits a day in general from my neighbors. Also, usually there are only 1-4 of my neighbors that post / take trade offers and one of those just posts bunches of 0 star trades. I do visit my neighbors daily and so it is pretty obvious to me that 90% no longer play the game as their cities never seem to change.

Thank goodness my fellowship is active as that keeps because with only a couple of good neighbors to trade and receive visits from it would be hard to progress without them.

North of my explored area is a wasteland which looks like it would only provide gold mines at this point if I explored in that direction, very few of the city spots show a player name.

DeletedUser2693

My problem is, that I have not been moved.
I am not interested in ranking, I just want living/playing folks to trade with.

The Neighbors around me have turned into 1/2 price gold rewards, & then they are turned into Newbies who have already quit the game?

I am not looking for reciprocal visits from Active Neighbors. (although that would be awesome in my dream scenario)

I would prefer ACTIVE players who are seeking goods on the Trader!

This whole move concept for me, has been a total letdown.
I AM an Active Player.

Why not match me up with other ACTIVE players, instead of saddling me with a NEW crop of Inactive Players.

I have gained Nothing from these changes as yet.... :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1614

+ player movement was great move
- 1 issue with that ( even innactive players who just logged in to look on city after few months off with city on stage 1 + players just started and played few minutes and left straightaway have been moved to the center as well) and now the question how many spaces again will dissapear on WM again ?

Already 5 of them gone and gold mines filled them up + few have town with 5 min playing and left game :(

DeletedUser2203

I believe that I am a very active player since I started in the beginning of July. I play in Arendyll.
I visit all in my FS, and any reachable neighbors daily. I missed only 1-2 days because of a hurricane and no electricity/internet.
I am on playing every day. There are 22 members in my FS.
Since the Battle revamp, and now the moving, I am getting only between 8-10 visits a day. More than half are my neighbors, not FS.
I have had 4-5 2-star trades on offer for several days, just sitting. This saddens me. I think that a lot of players are discouraged,
and are not actively playing, or have stopped all together.
In the last few days, I've seen gold mines suddenly appear, then new cities just as suddenly replace them. They are starter cities,
which appear to have no activity. Abandoned, I believe. That they are being moved near me is disappointing.
It is very hard to play when my trades sit ignored and FS & neighbors do not visit.

DeletedUser479

hmmm so the
Great Solution move:
-delete players under chapter III
-keep players that are chapter III
-keep players that did spend diamonds
-move any players in the empty spots towards the center, who were active in the last 30 days

how should that help anyone?
ah right, some get lucky and some unlucky
how about a bit less randomness?
and why call that a solution?:confused:

DeletedUser2378

... I get between 4 and 6 visits a day now...really not worth my effort of visiting unless I need the coins.

Though I haven't had that many neighbour-visits before, I am having a similar situation with present-day neighbours' visits, & dealing with it in a similar way.
To be more precise, I return the visits I get (even out of courtesy),
but don't bother much for the rest unless I need the coins.

:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I generally don't do visits, as it takes too long, you get too little reward and it is boring.

Getting moved is not about visits (for me) it is about trading. While I don't have an issue trading right now, I can see it being an issue in the future as Inno makes it "more fun" by making it harder to get a stockpile of resources.

DeletedUser363

Getting moved is not about visits (for me) it is about trading
Yep, but most don't put up or take trades, and a lot are putting up 0 star trades...I would rather use the wholesaler than entertain 0 star trades

DeletedUser2378

Trading is a really important point, & I agree oldskoolrx7 - it is way more important than paying visits!

I am lucky enough to be in great Fellowship, so good & fast trading is not an issue.
Nevertheless, of my neighbours' trading:
in Winyandor, I have only one who does fair, 2-star trading,
& at the very present moment 13 pages in the Trader filled with crap-trades ...o_O
In Arendyll, the case is very similar as well -
which is extremely disappointing,
and leaves the trading to be relying mostly on the Fellowship.

As for Zero-trades, I need admit that I have used it myself in the tiny early producing times (where no boosts applied yet, etc),
but that was Only in relation to a bigger player-friend who would immediately pick up the helping-me trades.
in any case, even now if I see someone like this [and you can tell by the small amount traded] - I might take the trade, helping out a small player

In any other case, Fair-trading is the practice and it should be this way - and I too agreeing with w32aphex & tikococo ignore anyting less than 2-star trades.
Though, that [the tradings] is a part that I don't see how it might relate to inno - it does say much, though, regarding each & every single player ...
and/or the FS they're in [as non-fair trading cannot be supported in a good FS, imho]

:)

DeletedUser363

As for Zero-trades, I need admit that I have used it myself in the tiny early producing times (where no boosts applied yet, etc),
but that was Only in relation to a bigger player-friend who would immediately pick up the helping-me trades.
Yes, that's when they are ok, at the start with other players agreeing to take them.

My Human 'alter ego' is not in a fs, through choice, and has been invited by the AM of a fs who is a neighbour. He has over 150000 points, is in a top fs, and fills pages and pages with 0 star trades....then he wondered why the invitation was rejected.....why join a fs where the AM has such a low opinion of fair trades?

DeletedUser2548

No idea.

I set ours up so that we can help each other out, and only allow fair trades unless like you say, it's to give the lower level players a hands-up. My former fellowship wasn't what I'd hoped either, which led to me leaving, but there were a few of us who felt the same, so I set a new one up. They came along, new people have come too, and the overview clearly states the team ethic. Either be a team player, or don't bother applying.

I like the idea of the team comeradery, been a gamer for more years than I care to mention, so I get it. I like being helpful, and being a member of the armed forces, "team work makes the dream work", as we say. I could manage on my own, but the team thing is so indoctrinated in me, I can't help it anymore.

DeletedUser

I turned off the move option. I have a top 10 person near me and a couple that take the occasional trade, looks like it is quite possible I would be worse off moving.