1. Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Dismiss Notice

Discussion Elvenar's HTML5 client

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Muf-Muf, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Timneh

Timneh Illusionist

It's happening for me on FireFox, i don't use chrome.

2. m4rt1n

m4rt1n Necromancer

I checked and have the latest Firefox version installed so that isn't the issue.

Thagdal likes this.
  3. Thagdal

Thagdal Soothsayer

Yeah ive gone back to flash as HTML5 has a few issues it seems, tech tree dissapearing, blurry text and loading other cities for neighbourly help seems to take a lot longer...

Timneh and Lelanya like this.
  4. Synnie64

Synnie64 Novice

I use Chrome, I have enabled it,(in game), reloaded, restarted browser, restarted laptop, downloaded Beta Chrome and done the same and still looks like the same Elvenar , I play from New Zealand so I guess I'm on the International server? is that en? my browser is latest update , so not sure why its not working for me, is there anything else I'm suppose to do, or anything I should do? I guess if I just wait eventually it will change over

5. Lelanya

Lelanya Shaman

Hmm that is odd. Mine applied upon reloading so I would recommend contacting Support

6. Faldorin

Faldorin Adventurer

In response to this related thread - https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/clipped-text-in-html5.8646/

I have been playing this Flash game in Chrome (v70) at 75% zoom with no text issues for quite a long while. However in HTML5, some of the text (large numbers, mainly) have become clipped, as described in the thread above. It is bearable for the most part, but has made trade-searching just that little bit harder, especially when searching for SENTINEL GOODS (arguably a futile task in itself due to 90%+ zero star trades, but let's not digress) and mostly especially as the Trader List is usually 60-150 pages long, so manual paging through the list is also tiresome!

Some images attached to illustrate the issue;

(Flash version)
    Text Issue - Flash.jpg
    (HTML5 version)
    Text Issue - HTML5.jpg

Lelanya likes this.
  7. Muf-Muf

Muf-Muf Elvenar Team

Hmm, that's interesting. During our testing we have not had issues with the tech tree in FireFox, only in Chrome 69. It'd be great if you could share some more information on this with us? What exactly do you see when you open the tech tree? And in case you don't want to post it on the public forums, could you please send me a private message or contact Support? :)

Thanks for your feedback. We unfortunately are unable to offer support for this particular issue, we're afraid. We develop the game with 100% zoom, and that's what we're able to support. In Flash we already had some issues with the horizontal and vertical lines showing up in the game when you zoom in or out, and in HTML5 the visuals can also break, but in a different way - as illustrated in the screenshots you shared. If you also have problems like this at 100% zoom, please do let us know, because we will want to resolve those, of course!

8. Timneh

Timneh Illusionist

@Muf-Muf I switched to HTML5 on 2 occasions and both times if i tried to open the tech tree the screen just turned blue and blank. I thought it was just slow to load the same as the game is when loggin in in HTML5 but even after 3-4 mins it was still the same. It actually froze the whole game and i had to use task manger to close the browser so i could start again and switch out of HTML5.
    Let me know if there is anything else i can tell you.:)

Lelanya likes this.
  9. JackLuyt

JackLuyt Scholar

Right click was added in Beta this week. We will have it soon.

Thagdal likes this.
  10. JackLuyt

JackLuyt Scholar

Could someone please explain how to copy text from the Chat Window and the Messages in HTML5?
    Is there a simple point and click method, without having to use programming language??

Thanks!!
    :) :)

11. cwgiii

cwgiii Illusionist

It can be tricky, and I have been told it acts differently via different browsers. I am using Chrome and the following works for me:

How to Copy/Paste:
    1. Select the target text to copy. Note: the text will not show as highlighted yet, but it is selected
    2. Right click in the selected area and choose "Settings"
    3. Close the pop-up window. I believe the text should show as highlighted at this point
    4. Now you can do the normal Ctrl C and Ctrl V to copy/paste as you normally would in windows

12. m4rt1n

m4rt1n Necromancer

Thanks, that works for me currently in Firefox, but using the flash version.

13. cwgiii

cwgiii Illusionist

Ah, sorry. I replied too quickly. My response is for flash, not the new HTML5.

14. Lelanya

Lelanya Shaman

15. Jedicris

Jedicris Dreamer

Just switched, so far Tech Tree has bits missing. Not liking the smaller text.

16. Viskyar

Viskyar Alchemist

Firefox 60.0.2 32 bit:

елвен нов.jpg елвен нов 1.jpg

The tree can not be loaded.

17. Muf-Muf

Muf-Muf Elvenar Team

Do you have the same issues in the latest version of Firefox, @Viskyar?

18. DrRoboto

DrRoboto Novice

Hi, noticed a weird text-formatting issue with my Amuni Goldmsith for the 9 hour Sarcophagus of the Faithful. Using HTML5 on Chrome, so figured I'd post here. The test is running into the images, but I don't have this issue with Trap-maker or any other manufactory. Thanks!
    edit: actually I did find the same issue with the 1 day Gem manufactory, the text is running into the picture as below.

Goldsmith.JPG

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  19. m4rt1n

m4rt1n Necromancer

Now using Firefox Quantum 63.0(64-bit) and the full screen button still does not work :(

20. Thagdal

Thagdal Soothsayer

@m4rt1n have you tried pressing F11?