• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Elvenar's HTML5 client

Timneh

Artisan
We're aware of this happening with the Chrome browser in version 69. With version 70, it has already been resolved. Just update your Chrome to the latest version, and the problem shall be gone! :)

It's happening for me on FireFox, i don't use chrome.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Yeah ive gone back to flash as HTML5 has a few issues it seems, tech tree dissapearing, blurry text and loading other cities for neighbourly help seems to take a lot longer...

DeletedUser1393

I use Chrome, I have enabled it,(in game), reloaded, restarted browser, restarted laptop, downloaded Beta Chrome and done the same and still looks like the same Elvenar , I play from New Zealand so I guess I'm on the International server? is that en? my browser is latest update , so not sure why its not working for me, is there anything else I'm suppose to do, or anything I should do? I guess if I just wait eventually it will change over

DeletedUser5037

In response to this related thread - https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/clipped-text-in-html5.8646/

I have been playing this Flash game in Chrome (v70) at 75% zoom with no text issues for quite a long while. However in HTML5, some of the text (large numbers, mainly) have become clipped, as described in the thread above. It is bearable for the most part, but has made trade-searching just that little bit harder, especially when searching for SENTINEL GOODS (arguably a futile task in itself due to 90%+ zero star trades, but let's not digress) and mostly especially as the Trader List is usually 60-150 pages long, so manual paging through the list is also tiresome!

Some images attached to illustrate the issue;

(Flash version)
Text Issue - Flash.jpg

(HTML5 version)
Text Issue - HTML5.jpg

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
It's happening for me on FireFox, i don't use chrome.
Hmm, that's interesting. During our testing we have not had issues with the tech tree in FireFox, only in Chrome 69. It'd be great if you could share some more information on this with us? What exactly do you see when you open the tech tree? And in case you don't want to post it on the public forums, could you please send me a private message or contact Support? :)

In response to this related thread - https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/clipped-text-in-html5.8646/

I have been playing this Flash game in Chrome (v70) at 75% zoom with no text issues for quite a long while. However in HTML5, some of the text (large numbers, mainly) have become clipped, as described in the thread above. It is bearable for the most part, but has made trade-searching just that little bit harder, especially when searching for SENTINEL GOODS (arguably a futile task in itself due to 90%+ zero star trades, but let's not digress) and mostly especially as the Trader List is usually 60-150 pages long, so manual paging through the list is also tiresome!
Thanks for your feedback. We unfortunately are unable to offer support for this particular issue, we're afraid. We develop the game with 100% zoom, and that's what we're able to support. In Flash we already had some issues with the horizontal and vertical lines showing up in the game when you zoom in or out, and in HTML5 the visuals can also break, but in a different way - as illustrated in the screenshots you shared. If you also have problems like this at 100% zoom, please do let us know, because we will want to resolve those, of course!

Timneh

Artisan
Hmm, that's interesting. During our testing we have not had issues with the tech tree in FireFox, only in Chrome 69. It'd be great if you could share some more information on this with us? What exactly do you see when you open the tech tree? And in case you don't want to post it on the public forums, could you please send me a private message or contact Support?

@Muf-Muf I switched to HTML5 on 2 occasions and both times if i tried to open the tech tree the screen just turned blue and blank. I thought it was just slow to load the same as the game is when loggin in in HTML5 but even after 3-4 mins it was still the same. It actually froze the whole game and i had to use task manger to close the browser so i could start again and switch out of HTML5.
Let me know if there is anything else i can tell you.:)

Jackluyt

Shaman
Could someone please explain how to copy text from the Chat Window and the Messages in HTML5?
Is there a simple point and click method, without having to use programming language??

Thanks!!
:) :)

cwgiii

Shaman
It can be tricky, and I have been told it acts differently via different browsers. I am using Chrome and the following works for me:

How to Copy/Paste:
1. Select the target text to copy. Note: the text will not show as highlighted yet, but it is selected
2. Right click in the selected area and choose "Settings"
3. Close the pop-up window. I believe the text should show as highlighted at this point
4. Now you can do the normal Ctrl C and Ctrl V to copy/paste as you normally would in windows

m4rt1n

Adept
It can be tricky, and I have been told it acts differently via different browsers. I am using Chrome and the following works for me:

How to Copy/Paste:
1. Select the target text to copy. Note: the text will not show as highlighted yet, but it is selected
2. Right click in the selected area and choose "Settings"
3. Close the pop-up window. I believe the text should show as highlighted at this point
4. Now you can do the normal Ctrl C and Ctrl V to copy/paste as you normally would in windows

Thanks, that works for me currently in Firefox, but using the flash version.

DeletedUser4517

Hi, noticed a weird text-formatting issue with my Amuni Goldmsith for the 9 hour Sarcophagus of the Faithful. Using HTML5 on Chrome, so figured I'd post here. The test is running into the images, but I don't have this issue with Trap-maker or any other manufactory. Thanks!
edit: actually I did find the same issue with the 1 day Gem manufactory, the text is running into the picture as below.

Goldsmith.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: