• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.22

Timneh

Artisan
Please lay down the sarcasm, it's just unnecessary and won't really help getting your point across.

That's the setting you use to drive backwards in your car, right?

Try taking your own advice

Play nice, guys.

Is that really the best way for a moderator to stop people arguing on a forum ?

While we appreciate the intent, but in such a case please just report the message and wait for our moderation team to take action. Thank you!

Why do you have a problem with a person giving another person advice on how to make a forum post. You should welcome this as you are always so busy. As long as the advice is given in the correct way of course.

If an account is not actively played on for too long, it will be deleted.

Really ? Then why did you state earlier in your fiction novel that accounts will not be deleted if thay have got past advanced scouts on chapter 3 or have had diamonds purchased.

If you have way too many Coins and Supplies, consider removing some of your Residences and Workshops.

You never thought this response through very well did you. If people remove some residences to decrease the amount of coins they are getting they also lose population and population is needed to upgrade buildings.

The Wholesaler definitely got used a LOT more than was ever intended and what was healthy for the game balance.

Classic example of Inno saying how they want us to play the game.

Please don't take the forum moderation upon yourself, but rather just report the post and ignore it for the rest. The forum moderation team will review the reports and take action where appropriate.

This was another case where the player was giving advice on how to make a post. Please see my comment a few above this one.

I could show a few more things that were wrong with some of the things you have said but right now i don't have the time.
Maybe you should consider a job in politics like i referred to in a previous post because in my opinion you are not very good at this one.

DeletedUser

That is a lie. In the update 1.21 release notes it clearly says the banshee would become mandatory after the next update(that would be update 1.22) no mention of update 1.23. I would have thought you would know what you wrote in your own release notes.

The Community Managers just post the Release Notes they get from the developers. The developers can change / delay future changes that are mentioned in the release notes and the Community Manager would have no say in the changes. So maybe they are now planning on making it mandatory in 1.23. There is no pressing reason to have the Banshee research mandatory until there is a Banshee II tech in the game and that does not look to be happening until the next guest race as the Dryad II was the unit for the Wood Elves. Of course, they could add the Banshee II anywhere after the Banshee tech so it could show up in one of the guest races in the future.

Blaming the CM's for non-executed future changes in the release notes that they have no control over, calling them liars, and making snarky comments about their inability to understand their own release notes is pretty unfair.

DeletedUser1265

That is a lie. In the update 1.21 release notes it clearly says the banshee would become mandatory after the next update(that would be update 1.22) no mention of update 1.23. I would have thought you would know what you wrote in your own release notes.

One could argue semantics, "with the next update" would be v1.22 and "after the next update (being v1.22)" would refer to v1.23, so which is it? I choose to go with the latter and give the community managers and the developers the benefit of the doubt, since being antagonistic about it achieves very little.

Timneh

Artisan
Well history would tell you that in all other cases that i know of where they have said a tech will become mandatory after the next update it has meant just that, the next update was installed and the techs were then mandatory and players were forced to go back in the tech tree to complete it if they were past that point when it became mandatory. You are free to believe whatever you wish to believe just as i am free to believe what i wish tobelieve. The world would be a boring place if we all had the same view of everything.

DeletedUser3032

@Lynxze
Meanwhile unhappy people are more vocal, that's why the forums isn't always the best place to look at when saying "everyone hates the change".

Where else can Inno look for feedback about their changes that the majority don't like? They ask us for feedback here, we give it and it would seem like every game very little is achieved by helping them out with negative feedback. Negative feedback is much better than positive feedback. Just needs acting upon and it shows they are listening to the players/customers.

DeletedUser538

Can we give the kp issue a rest please. Those 40 kp really dont matter, for all you know they reimburse us with 40kp but make the next research they add 40 kp more expensive.
They determin the price and its all virtual currency anyway.
thats so you dont have to figure something out....fix the issues please

DeletedUser

Taking me seriously? if you were paying attention you would see that its not only me who disagrees with this change but practically everybody here bar like two white knights blindly supporting these bad changes. I hope you aren't going to stoop to that level of cringe.

Literally everyone "takes me seriously" about this because we all feel exactly the same about it lol, and the likes on comments gives you a fair clue too. Newsflash: you cant bully someone anymore because it makes you feel better about yourself. you are the minority now in this topic.
The problem with making statements like this is that unless those who don't agree with you are willing to come forward and say then there is no way to know whether this is accurate or not.

Actually I don't necessarily take you seriously because of the way you shout and shout and shout and forcibly push your viewpoint onto other people, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I would hazard a guess that those who have a differing viewpoint don't bother to say so because either they can't be bothered or they get faced with a barrage of people screaming at them. Yes, those of you who do disagree with the changes to the wholesaler do agree with you, but this isn't true for everyone who comes onto the forum. Please don't say that those who disagree are in the minority, they are only in the minority of those who are willing to reply.

To go back to the topic of the wholesaler, I'm a member of 3 different fellowships and in none of them is participation in tournaments mandatory, in fact in the FS of my main city we encourage those who feel they can do very little to do just one province and the rest of us who are tournament regulars will ensure they get the benefit. I used the wholesaler in my tiny city as I do like tournaments and that city is just too small to do much, I've negotiated 1 or 2 provinces getting province 1 up to the 6th round and province 2 up to round 3 and I decided the cost outweighed the benefit, however I wouldn't have used the old wholesaler any more than I did this time as I just wouldn't have had the necessary goods, coins or supplies. Tournaments to me are a bonus to the game, not a necessity.

For me personally, the wholesaler has made no difference as I hardly used it before, only to get rid of supplies but I wasn't so concerned about what I was getting as long as I got something as supplies are free. Excess gold always goes into kp for me regardless of city level.

DeletedUser1829

You never thought this response through very well did you. If people remove some residences to decrease the amount of coins they are getting they also lose population and population is needed to upgrade buildings.

I would say they did, I had come to a similar conclusion prior to this comment and have been implementing it on one of my towns. Its working very nicely thank you.

There is no pressing reason to have the Banshee research mandatory until there is a Banshee II tech in the game and that does not look to be happening until the next guest race as the Dryad II was the unit for the Wood Elves.

I think guessing banshee II will be in the next guess race isn't a bad assumption considering the next race includes necromancers. Looking forward to seeing the challenges and upgrades that come.

DeletedUser1265

Actually I don't necessarily take you seriously because of the way you shout and shout and shout and forcibly push your viewpoint onto other people, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I would hazard a guess that those who have a differing viewpoint don't bother to say so because either they can't be bothered or they get faced with a barrage of people screaming at them. Yes, those of you who do disagree with the changes to the wholesaler do agree with you, but this isn't true for everyone who comes onto the forum. Please don't say that those who disagree are in the minority, they are only in the minority of those who are willing to reply.

@Lisica Well said.

Aureliae

Seeker
We never advertised the Wholesaler as a dump for coins and/or supplies. That doesn't mean it wasn't used as such, though.
Yes, you did advertise it Muf Muf. It's one of the 'did you know' messages when you log in.

Regarding your question: coins can still be used in other areas of the game - you can use them for upgrading your buildings, but also to buy some Knowledge Points to invest in technologies or Ancient Wonders.
I have few buildings to upgrade, as I said I'm short on population as it is, and even if I had 5 builds a day going it wouldn't deplete my daily supply of coin (which I max out twice a day). KP is stupidly expensive to buy, and if I do so, it just gets more expensive - and there's no reset there - so no.

The old Wholesaler was not very user-friendly in the amounts that were offered. We wanted to change this to tie into your Main Hall level to allow for packages that would better fit your progress in the game.
It was extremely user friendly. Variable amounts, buy what you like. A single fixed amount determined by some algorithm for ever increasing costs is the very definition of not user friendly.
If you had made it variable to where we were in the game by saying ... you know, once a player is say, at dwarf level, they're probably not going to be wanting goods in lots of 20, let's make their options 100,500 and 1000. And then at Fairies 500,1000,5000. Or something like that... then that would have been making the wholesaler both user friendly and variable to where we were at in the game. But the cost of good production doesn't get more expensive through the game, so the cost of buying goods from the wholesaler shouldn't get more expensive depending on where you're at in the game (which is what I seem to understand is the case? Everyone seems to have a different price?) You stuffed this one. Fix it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2476

the wholesaler was bad before its just even worse now. it costs nearly a million coins for 250 t3. I mean come on....facepalm
I agree it is a shocking rip off and slows the game right down. Each time you buy 65 marble the price goes up... like the KP shop.
Are they going to revert back to the prior trade system. The current one is unsustainable!

DeletedUser2476

Go back to the Trader as it was. 500 marble for 200,000 coins was already expensive... but 65 marble for 29,000 and the next 65 marble for 39,000 and escalating costs?... I gave up at that point. My steel manufactory produces about 68 steel in 24 hours, yet one encounter negotiation costs 1,8oo steel. Without the trader, I cannot get enough goods to progress.

DeletedUser2884

What I find shocking and unacceptable is the lack of communication from the Inno team the community managers and the Dev team.
This results in assumptions and creates anger from the view point of the players. Much of this drama could be resolved with simple answers and correct information being given.
The 50% increase in cost after each purchase is probably the biggest concern over the new Dynamic Wholesaler.
Well that info is wrong the price does not increase 50% after each purchase. It increases by 30K coins after each purchase.
Yes 50% increase from the first to second purchase so 60K for the first 90k for the second...But then 120k for the third only 30k more not 45k as it would be if it went up 50% each time. the 4th purchase 150K and so on.

This has been asked argued about cries about the rip off of the 50% increase after each purchase in Bet Forums, In the EN forums, In the US forums.
Why oh why could not one of the "Community Managers" correct the misinformation it is a 30K increase after each purchase not a 50% increase.
Is it ignorance of the game and the changes? Is it lack of concern for the views of the players? Is it they really do not read the feedback so they do not know what the issues are? Or are the "Community Mangres" just incapable of managing the community? Or just Plain incompetence?

Any way to clarify it is a 30K increase after each purchase not a 50% increase after each purchase.
Old system 200k for 500 Goods.
New system 270k for 450 Goods.
Not as big of a difference as to make the game unplayable due to cost increase for non boosted goods.

All of this drama could have been resolved with just a minor clarification from the community manager.

Edit: this is for people with a level 15 MH for those at different levels amounts and cost will be different but I believe the change is similar in terms of cost and increases based on each purchase.

Edit 2: to be clear this is true of boosted for non boosted goods as well at lvl 15 MH it is 750 boosted for first purchase then a 375 boosted goods cost increase per purchase so second purchase 1125, 3rd purchase 1500, 4th purchase 1875 etc.

Supplies as well work the same way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiriake

Soothsayer
  • Visual effects in the city have been added to give the city a more natural appearance. This can be toggled via the settings menu which you can find at the bottom right of the game.

This fog just looks weird. There is lot of issues in this game that should be fixed and yet devs decided that this is what is important? I'm not seeing how this is an improvement. It's just bland. Doesn't add anything to the game. Is not enough annoying to go to the settings to turn it off, but has no positive effect either. *shrug*

• Many improvements were made in the way the game handles placing streets and street connections.
I tried this and at the first look, nothing popped up as different, when placing/moving streets. Maybe I'll try it out again later, when I have more room, but for now it's a mystery what "many improvements" Muf Muf is talking about.

About the wholesaler change:

I didn't use it much in the past, but this new version is most certainly less user friendly. We have less choices about the amount we want. It's more expensive. I actually trade with my fellowship and neighbours, so I never had to depend on wholesaler. It's just another below the pelt punch by inno. Because why would players need to use it too much, if not to overcome shortcomings by Inno. Like no active neighbours for example. Yes, I read Muf Muf's explanations and I still have one big question: Why? Why would inno break something that works. and replace it with worse version, that doesn't benefict anyone?

As a whole this update is just another miss. No improvements really. Wondering how many players will quit because of this?

Oh wait there was an improvement! Muf Muf showed up and actually answered some questions. wow! I doubt that I'm the only person who noticed that you just dissappared. You made announcement posts, but no replies to questions or feedback. You were just gone. That started in december and came back to answering questions in the end of Januray. Funny thing is you had time to answer feedback/questions in beta, but not here.

Communication is one of the things that has been brought up again and again as an issue. That if Inno would bother to communicate better, there wouldn't be so big backlash all the time. But no. Whoever thought that giving players silent treatment is a good idea, just got it soooo wrong. players are not more calm, we noticed that you weren't here Muf Muf! You claim that you read feedback and even forward it, but your actions speak more loudly that oposite is true. We all get that all questions/feedback wont get answered, but the way you completely dropped the ball, just went beyond that. Now you are playing the victim here and again bad players are attacking you. I made an effort in the past to adress my complaints/feedback as generally toward inno, not at the only mod we have. You changed the game, when you dissappared.

Timneh

Artisan
Oh wait there was an improvement! Muf Muf showed up and actually answered some questions.

Most of what muf muf said never actually answered the wuestions in my opinion, just tried to defend the bad updates that had been installed and and the header of that novel of a post said that he would answer "this one time" so looks like muf muf will be dissapearing again although in another post it was said that Inno were here now and here to stay. Time will tell.

Communication is one of the things that has been brought up again and again as an issue.

According to muf muf silence is the best answer. i have added his posts below.

Even if we didn't post that actively on this forum before, we are here now and we intend to keep it that way.

Sometimes it's better to be quiet than to speak without having an answer available

DeletedUser3032

Wholesaler gives us extra resources. Trading with others doesn't, it only swaps the resources which is not helpful if we require large quantities of each. Unless we do 1 star trades but this will get people booted from fellowships. ;/ It's so lame this update and should be reverted back to the old system with immediate effect.

DeletedUser1829

Much of this drama could be resolved with simple answers and correct information being given.
The 50% increase in cost after each purchase is probably the biggest concern over the new Dynamic Wholesaler.
Well that info is wrong the price does not increase 50% after each purchase. It increases by 30K coins after each purchase.
Yes 50% increase from the first to second purchase so 60K for the first 90k for the second...But then 120k for the third only 30k more not 45k as it would be if it went up 50% each time. the 4th purchase 150K and so on.

This has been asked argued about cries about the rip off of the 50% increase after each purchase in Bet Forums, In the EN forums, In the US forums.

Any way to clarify it is a 30K increase after each purchase not a 50% increase after each purchase.
Old system 200k for 500 Goods.
New system 270k for 450 Goods.
Not as big of a difference as to make the game unplayable due to cost increase for non boosted goods.

Nice work. Glad you posted the edits I was curious about where you got the numbers. It increases by 50% each click but it is 50% of the original price as noted in your illustration. So the mechanism scales for each player then based on their original amount.

Your numbers on a price increase between old and new system surprise me though. I have not noticed a single difference in the price between the 2 systems when comparing to the original offer in the new system. I was specifically looking at coins/supplies so perhaps goods changed but they are all 5:1 now which I understood they were previously. So first offer cost ratios are:
Goods 5:1
Coins
T1 400:1
T2 1,600:1
T3 6,400:1
Supplies are roughly 10% of coins
T1 40:1
T2 160:1
T3 640:1

So a person with a lvl 15 main hall can dump 2.52M of coins a day, for a level 23 main hall it is just under 6.5M per day while still paying the same prices as the old wholesaler

Wholesaler gives us extra resources. Trading with others doesn't, it only swaps the resources which is not helpful if we require large quantities of each.

This is a big part of why it was changed, it wasn't designed to be the main source of goods generation. Supply in cities and demand through trading should be driving the economy of goods. Having a source to create the goods (in mass qty for some people) was distorting the original intent. Without figuring out a way to solve that (and the other issues) they won't give the old wholesaler back. The game is meant to have core puzzles we need to solve, one of those puzzles is how to generate with our factories the required goods to progress.

DeletedUser2886

I agree it is a shocking rip off and slows the game right down. Each time you buy 65 marble the price goes up... like the KP shop.
Are they going to revert back to the prior trade system. The current one is unsustainable!

the simple answer is no