• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.22

DeletedUser3034

I see potential, but I'm afraid it won't fly, if for no other reason than the amount of recoding it would need.

Write it up as a suggestion anyway, it could happen.

Timneh

Artisan
Wait what am i saying ? the fact it is win win will be enough for them to kick it out. It needs to be win in Innos favour only.

DeletedUser3034

Why must an intelligent discussion of a decent idea be filled with negativity? KingOr had an idea (and at 2nd glance I see it's merit), and should be helped and encouraged to present it, not have it pre-judged.

DeletedUser2886

I see potential, but I'm afraid it won't fly, if for no other reason than the amount of recoding it would need.

lots of things need recoding tbh. games companies always use the would take too much time as an excuse. if something is worth doing they should just do it. FF14 was completely overhauled from 1.0...look at that game now

Timneh

Artisan
Why must an intelligent discussion of a decent idea be filled with negativity? KingOr had an idea (and at 2nd glance I see it's merit), and should be helped and encouraged to present it, not have it pre-judged.

I think the idea is very good but if Inno remain true to form all the negative comments are relevant because it will mean us not having to play the way they want us to.

DeletedUser

Force my opinion? Shout with no capital letters and no audible voice to hear? sure lol. What planet are you on? All I have done here is agree with many other people on here about these bad changes. It's not even my topic. You said everyone is entitled to their opinion and then when I give mine I'm somehow shouting and forcibly pushing it on to other people. Talk about egotistical. Take your head out of your ass and accept people don't have the same opinion as you. If other peoples opinions offend you this much you shouldnt get involved in debates lol. Get over yourself. People have opinions stop taking them personally.

I have an opinion in this topic which just so happens to be shared by the majority and you cant handle that because its different to yours, and you have a vendetta against me it's pathetic. I guess everyone here who agrees with me is me on an alt and should be silenced like last time, just because they agree with me? Did you ever stop for a moment to think how bigoted those views make you look.

Anyway with regards to majorities and minorities look here, look on facebook, look on youtube. Look anywhere for gods sake. This update has caused a backlash from the players. You can deny it all you want and be a cringe white knight in denial but it doesn't change facts lol.

Like I said before...I'm sorry you are in the minority so cant gang up on me this time and break all the rules like you did in that other topic to make yourself feel better about yourself.
I really do think that you should read your own words, I don't have a personal vendetta against you, I don't call you names like a child in the playground... cringe white knight in denial?

I think it best if I ignore your posts from now on, that way I won't have to read them and then you can call me all the names you like because I won't be able to see them... hopefully that will help your anger issues - its a shame really because you have, at times, had good discussions going on before you made them all so personal to you.

DeletedUser

The worst thing about the trader is that it is part of the underlying issue, there are so many things wrong with the game that the players have problems with like the fighting element in what was originally advertised as a city building game. Inno have so many fighting games and I was really pleased to play a city building game which was new and fresh, but we've ended up with is a game in which fighting is of more and more importance.

If Inno were to tell us where they see the game going, what their vision of the future is then they might get more people on board. They're a company and it isn't possible that they are just doing random things in the hope that it all comes together at the end. Everything they do just seems so random, people were happy with the wholesaler but because it didn't fit in with how Inno sees the game working it had to change... why did it have to change?

The fighting with the just the barracks and 5 troop types seemed to be working for most people but Inno wanted to add in more troop types and buildings to produce those troop types... why did it have to change?

This isn't really a city building game, there is no chance to follow the path of a fighter or producer of goods, or even to be a hybrid of the 2.

If we knew what Inno's vision for the game is, what the long term goals are, why are all these changes necessary, why break something that was working just fine to replace it with something that doesn't make sense, maybe people would be able to accept the changes because they knew what the end goal is.

My next coin-purchased knowledge point will cost 987,000. :eek:
and I thought mine were high at 788,000 :p

Edit by Muf-Muf: Merged multiple posts into one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3103

No-one LIKES this... I suggest INNO GAMES start LISTEN to their players PRONTO... folk are leaving fellowships!!! Same are doing 'ABBA' (this is taken from the song... knowing me knowing you... but its visit me .. visit you) in their city names... which basically means they will no longer visit folk for coins alone but only visit those who they gain supplies from... hence fellowships are suffering ... folk who are away/shiftwork/ill are no longer being visited... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE... re-think this wholesaler thing.. its causing a lot of grief... not just for the players but for the ARCHMAGES AND MAGES... who are getting more messages than is poss to answer... I myself am spending more time doing these types of messages (on behalf of our members) and answering members ??'s than playing the game... to be honest.. its giving me more headaches than its worth... THANKS x

Timneh

Artisan

I have just had a long (and boring) phone conversation with my friends son who is a computer games programmer and i explained the game and the idea that king0r had and he says that implementing it should be very simple if done right and not take that long. He did laugh when i mentioned Inno games but i did not push for an explanation. I am not going to say the name of the organization he works for as i would probably get accused of advertising on the forum.

DeletedUser2553

The worst thing about the trader is that it is part of the underlying issue, there are so many things wrong with the game that the players have problems with like the fighting element in what was originally advertised as a city building game. Inno have so many fighting games and I was really pleased to play a city building game which was new and fresh, but we've ended up with is a game in which fighting is of more and more importance.

If Inno were to tell us where they see the game going, what their vision of the future is then they might get more people on board. They're a company and it isn't possible that they are just doing random things in the hope that it all comes together at the end. Everything they do just seems so random, people were happy with the wholesaler but because it didn't fit in with how Inno sees the game working it had to change... why did it have to change?

The fighting with the just the barracks and 5 troop types seemed to be working for most people but Inno wanted to add in more troop types and buildings to produce those troop types... why did it have to change?

This isn't really a city building game, there is no chance to follow the path of a fighter or producer of goods, or even to be a hybrid of the 2.

If we knew what Inno's vision for the game is, what the long term goals are, why are all these changes necessary, why break something that was working just fine to replace it with something that doesn't make sense, maybe people would be able to accept the changes because they knew what the end goal is.

You can always play Inno's game FoE also a city building game and you don't need to fight if you dont' want too, trade work just fine :)

DeletedUser3105

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please let us know your thoughts regarding the update to version 1.22 in this thread.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
Now that the wholesaler has made buying the goods that do not have as a boosted good so restrictive in an effort to encourage trades between fellowships and neighbours you will need to redistribute the players so the goods that are being produced match the demand for those goods.
In my neighbourhood there is a lack of Marble and Crystal. When I enter Marble in the Demand window there are six pages of trades demanding Marble. When I enter Marble in the offered window. There is not one offer.
This has been happening for a long time.
Before the Wholesaler update the players could meet the needs for goods not readily available via trades. Your changes made that too restrictive.
If you do not intend to revert back to the previous Wholesaler or use a flat rate of set prices for the goods then you should seriously consider redistributing the players based on production so we can trade.
We have had one player from our fellowship quit. Three others have stated they are considering leaving the fellowship/game because they just are not having fun anymore.
Games are supposed to be fun so why not put the fun back in the game.
Your change is an example of Authoritarian control. You are attempting to exercise complete or almost complete control over the will of another or of others to make them play the game you want them to play it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You can always play Inno's game FoE also a city building game and you don't need to fight if you dont' want too, trade work just fine :)
I did try it awhile ago but for some reason didn't like it, is FoE one othe games where others can raid your city and steal your goods?

DeletedUser1829

Let players trade between themselves with coins + supplies for resources as well as resource for resource.

Not a bad idea. Couple questions:
  • All games have sinks for self generating resources, mana depreciates for example. What sink would you use for coins? The current sinks obviously aren't enough as people still have a lot of excess coins.
  • How do you handle the hoarding factor?
I buy every trade for coin out there, and use the goods so gotten to take up other trades.
Perhaps I cannot dry the market up, I see that now, but do I not bend it toward my desires?
Number 1 player buys all trades which are up for coins including your 1000 planks for 1 mil coins (example). You then have 1 million to post up for marble or scout wish or anything you wish. You will never lose out because your making your own trades.

Currently many players get angry about cross-tier trading, I would be concerned that a person with a mass amount of coins could have a similar effect on the game as cross-tier trading currently does. Instead of posting T3 for T1 they just buy up tens of thousands of T1 goods draining the market more then it currently is.

Post your idea it is worth consideration, just try to think through some of the possible issues with it so it has a stronger case. Economics, greed and hoarding may yet be the biggest issues with it and human nature is a very hard thing to change. ;)

BUT all in all you should be posting trades yourself. NOT just picking up things.
This is a common problem in the game many people want "active" trading not "passive" but forget if no one ever puts up the passive trade there will never be the chance for activee trading. Also more critical if your timezone/playtime is outside the mainstream.

They MIGHT change it in some way in the future but i do not think it will go back the way it was. If they do change it there is no guarantee it will not make it even worse.

They won't change it, they have said that. It plugs certain issues in the game, yep may have created or highlighted other ones, but it solves certain problems. They have said they will work with us on ideas to improve/alter it. So if we can find ways to address the concerns we have without re-opening the issues this addressed there is a chance for good dialogue with them.

sadly innogames don't listen to good ideas.
You might hate the game that would exist if they didn't listen. There are a number of good ideas from players that have influenced the game and that is just the ones we know of. Just one example for the current topic is the original wholesaler change was different to what it is now, there was a single page and the options quite varied. It was because of players that the original plan did not come to live servers. Not because of being upset but because players could demonstrate key aspects of the updated that needed to be revisited and that it was happened, it was pulled (last Nov I think) and reworked.

If Inno were to tell us where they see the game going, what their vision of the future is then they might get more people on board.

Actually just had this discussion yesterday ;) The response from Marindor was as a company they are mindful of competitors and know they monitor what they are doing. As Inno is a business and has to report to shareholders they have to be careful about how much future information they reveal so as not to cause harm to the company. In that same vane as a company and shareholders they are not going to make a change like this that they know will upset many people unless they felt it absolutely necessary to protect the product and in turn the company. I am sure someone will twist this. ;)

I don't fully understand the changes but I think about the situation with my kids. There is a lot of stuff they want but I as a parent with more experience have a better understanding of things that are good or harmful for them. There has to be a level of trust between parent and child just like a level of trust between player and developers and I think herein lies the problems, most players don't trust the developers to know what they are doing.

DeletedUser2553

I did try it awhile ago but for some reason didn't like it, is FoE one othe games where others can raid your city and steal your goods?

Yeah but it doesn't happen often, not on the server I am on.. some try but they fail each time

Timneh

Artisan
They have said they will work with us on ideas to improve/alter it. So if we can find ways to address the concerns we have without re-opening the issues this addressed there is a chance for good dialogue with them.

Inno do not seem to want to talk about things apart from saying this is how it is and this is how it's going to be. They changed the wholesaler because it did not make players play the game the way they want them to and Muf-Muf almost admitted that in his post. I think it was something about being used far more than they intended so therefore the players not playing as Inno wanted.

There are a number of good ideas from players that have influenced the game and that is just the ones we know of. Just one example for the current topic is the original wholesaler change was different to what it is now, there was a single page and the options quite varied. It was because of players that the original plan did not come to live servers. Not because of being upset but because players could demonstrate key aspects of the updated that needed to be revisited and that it was happened, it was pulled (last Nov I think) and reworked.

Why did they feel the need to change it in the first place ? Nobody was complaining that the wholesaler was bad but they still changed it. You can read through this forum and see things that players have been saying need looking at for ages and nothing has happened. All the changes seem to be aimed at forcing players to play the way Inno want them to play

There has to be a level of trust between parent and child just like a level of trust between player and developers and I think herein lies the problems, most players don't trust the developers to know what they are doing.

Trust needs to be earned and Inno need to learn that. Most of the recent changes they have made are destroying any trust that there may have been and the attitude of Muf-Muf in that novel they wrote was a great way to destroy it even more. With the attitude shown towards some players in that post Muf-Muf should not be in the position they are in. Maybe they did not like some of the things that were said but personal feelings should not be expressed by a representative of Inno, if they don't like the things said ....TOUGH. If they can't take the heat they should get out of the kitchen. Trust has got to work both ways but Inno need to make it so players can trust them first. All of these things are just my opinion of course.