• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.22

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please let us know your thoughts regarding the update to version 1.22 in this thread.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

KermitsDad

Alchemist
This update which tries to encourage players to trade with other players by making the wholesaler less attractive with continual price increases will not work whilst we are surrounded with towns as below.

You cannot trade with a player with a town like this and I am surrounded by many of them.
It's this that needs fixing and not the wholesaler. The wholesaler works so why fix it if it's not broken ?

The weekly relocation of non active players also does not work because all that happens is one abandoned startup town gets replaced with another.

In fact you get a whole new bunch of abandoned start up towns every week!

noobtown.jpg

Note that this town like all the others, is developed only to exactly the point where you are able to determine what 3 production boost you have available.

Does it still not occur to the game management crew that all these new start towns arrive just because players are looking to find certain goods boosts?
If they don't find them they start again with another town!

The abundance of these abandoned start up towns is the root problem which spoils the game for many players and suggestions have been made about this issue elsewhere.

Playing with the wholesaler mechanics to encourage player to player trading is not the answer.

DeletedUser2378

OK, I had to be 'away' couple of days,
but upon logging in to the game today
my Goodness :eek:
Why does the screen look so enlarged even if it's zoomed-out the most? ...

it makes me unable to have a good overall look even at my own city,
so as to decide where I want to place what ...

Not to mention while visiting, where this enlarged view makes me go around & around so as to locate the building I'm looking for..

Enlarged like this, can easily cause Enraged - since it makes the Elvenar-life even more difficult ...

Fix, please!¬

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Wohoo, it seems the did not respond, but they did read my comment about the unit update being hidden and it should be announced.

I stumbled on it accedently last week.

Ok sorry guys I got lazy so I did not spend the time to find the correct unit names so I hope you can make sense of it. I wrote it my way
here the changes to the units we can actually use atm.

BoGmPip.png

DeletedUser2884

More Crap passed of as Adjustments and no real game improvements. The Dynamic wholesaler is a bad idea and will just result in more abandoned cities due to the inability to trade with inactive neighbors and bring in needed goods. The devs are clearl blind to the real issues that plague the game and how to fix them. it seems they are just trying to force people to buy diamonds to buy extra expansions so we can fit in non boosted goods manus since there are so few active players.

A LAST GRASP FOR CASH IS WHAT THE NOTES SHOULD READ.

---

What a bunch of crap this idea of a dynamic wholesaler is. More ignored feedback on beta about the cost increase being way to extreme.
More ignored feedback about the difficulty in doing trades due to all the inactive and starter cities that never make it past the 2nd hour of game play.
The devs are blind to the real issues and ignore what the player base tells them in feedback threads that get ignored.
Another attempt to force people to buy diamonds to afford the expansions to place non boosted goods manues since there are not enough people left to trade with.

Update 1.22

ONE LAST CASH GRAB

Edit by Muf-Muf: Merged multiple posts into one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Does it still not occur to the game management crew that all these new start towns arrive just because players are looking to find certain goods boosts?
If they don't find them they start again with another town!
It does. And that's also why we delete such early accounts that are not being played on after 30 days.

Yet another example of the devs changing the wrong things.
What would you have us change instead, if you were in charge?

Why does the screen look so enlarged even if it's zoomed-out the most? ...
We changed nothing in regard to city zoom - please check your browser's zoom settings (the game has been optimized for a 100% zoom level). In case you require any assistance, feel free to contact Support.

it seems the did not respond, but they did read my comment
Unfortunately it is just not possible to respond to everything we read. But you can be sure that we do read. Also, thanks for posting the table. :)

The devs are clearl blind to the real issues that plague the game and how to fix them.
What would you class as "the real issues"?

it seems they are just trying to force people to buy diamonds to buy extra expansions so we can fit in non boosted goods manus since there are so few active players.
Nobody is in any way forced to buy Diamonds. Whether or not you want to buy Diamonds is a choice everyone can (and should) make for themselves. Elvenar is playable without any Diamond use, which shows in the fact that we have players at the top of the rankings who have never bought a single Diamond, making it very clear that it is in fact possible. :)

Timneh

Artisan
Muf-Muf if i was in charge i would only change the things that did not work. All the things that have been changed in recent months were working fine but Inno changed them because they thought players were moving through the game too fast. You will no doubt say that is not the case but we are all entitled to our opinion and if you really do read all posts on the forum you would know that A LOT of the people here think the same as i do. With regards to reading all the feedback on the forums, does that also apply to the beta forums as well as all the comments here about the feedback there being ignored suggests that nothing is taken seriously anyway and Inno just do what they planned to do. Reading comments is one thing, acting on them is something else.... Ok rant over.

DeletedUser2536

If it's true that the wholesaler will increase the prices, then that's the reason why I will quit playing this game immediately. I make progress due to the wholesaler, it's a slow but effective tactic for me at least. Good god, I hope I'm reading this all wrong.

And indeed:
Rule of thumb, Golden Rule, Number One: NEVER EVER fix something if it ain't broken.

History lessons for you dear gents and galls: many tragic disasters were caused by breaking the above rule.

DeletedUser2884

It does. And that's also why we delete such early accounts that are not being played on after 30 days.

Funny then that many of us are still surrounded by them and many have been there way more then 30 days. You would think that with the amount of feedback about the abandoned city issue that someone would have looked into it.
JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF IGNORED FEEDBACK.

Nobody is in any way forced to buy Diamonds. Whether or not you want to buy Diamonds is a choice everyone can (and should) make for themselves. Elvenar is playable without any Diamond use, which shows in the fact that we have players at the top of the rankings who have never bought a single Diamond, making it very clear that it is in fact possible. :)

LOL what a fake answer you are right under the old system no one was forced to buy diamonds and could move forward without them.

That is the point of the currant changes to force more people to buy diamonds or get out.
You Move to fast we make fighting and negotiating nearly impossible as well as 2 days to scout
BUY DIAMONDS IF YOU NEED MORE EXPANSIONS TO FIT THINGS IN.

Oh and lets not forget we keep making scouting mandatory for events to keep forcing people to scout to far ahead so we can punish them for
PLAYING THE GAME WRONG SPEND MORE DIAMONDS AND ALL IS NOW RIGHT

People were getting to many relics and raising boosted good production to fast
So we make Tourneys FS based take away/reduce relic rewards and make the checkpoints harder to reach and make the last one Nearly impossible to reach in order to.
MAKE YOU BUY DIAMONDS TO BE ABLE TO REACH THE 6TH STAR TO EVEN HAVE A CHANCE AT A REWARD THAT YOU NEED DIAMONDS TO BUY THE BUILDINGS IT UPGRADES OTHERWISE THE REWARD IS POINTLESS.

People use the Wholesaler to buy to much not enough trading with peers is going on.
Let's take away the wholesaler that was already over priced and a last resort to....
FORCE PEOPLE TO BUY DIAMOND EARLIER TO FORCE THEM TO BUILD NON BOOSTED MANUS BECAUSE THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH ACTIVES IN THE GAME TO TRADE WITH LET US KEEP FORCING PEOPLE OUT AND FORCE THE ONES LEFT TO BUY DIAMONDS TO PROGRESS...... LET US GET THAT LAST CASH GRAB!

Nice try muf muf but I guess you got to keep that game face on

DeletedUser219

There is so much wrong with that previous post, but I will say something to @Fyrr first. The initial price at the Wholesaler is not going up. After the initial purchase (the amount of which is based on your Main Hall level) of a particular Good the price of that Good goes up for the currency you used. So you can get 3 lots of the one Good for the old price each day. If you need to get rid of lots of Coin, like I do, you can avoid the price rise by purchasing each of the offered Goods once.

@Nickilli , if you feel you need to buy expansions to fit things in, maybe you need to look at what you are wasting space on in your city. As I have said elsewhere, I have never purchased Diamonds, and I have never run out of space. And my city has a variety of Wonders as well as the Magic Academy, Barracks and other training facilities. I also have non-boosted as well as boosted manufactories.

Relics from Tournaments have not gone down. The awards for Province completion are exactly what they were before the change, and the chest awards are far more accessible to more people than were the neighborhood checkpoints.

My Trader is far from empty. I currently have 29 pages of Trades available. It is true that 90% of them are 0 or 1 star trades or cross-tier trades which I will not accept, but when I need to trade my Boosted Goods for non-boosted, my 2-star trades are usually accepted within 2 hours. Yes, I use the Wholesaler, primarily because, although the name of my city is 'Do NOT Donate Coin' I still get about 2 million a day in my Main Hall, and have to get rid of it. The new Wholesaler will make little difference to me because I can avoid the price rise.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Muf-Muf if i was in charge i would only change the things that did not work. All the things that have been changed in recent months were working fine but Inno changed them because they thought players were moving through the game too fast. You will no doubt say that is not the case but we are all entitled to our opinion and if you really do read all posts on the forum you would know that A LOT of the people here think the same as i do. With regards to reading all the feedback on the forums, does that also apply to the beta forums as well as all the comments here about the feedback there being ignored suggests that nothing is taken seriously anyway and Inno just do what they planned to do. Reading comments is one thing, acting on them is something else.... Ok rant over.
Thank you. If you have any concrete examples of features you think are broken and/or not working as they should in your opinion, we'd be happy to hear them. :)

If it's true that the wholesaler will increase the prices, then that's the reason why I will quit playing this game immediately. I make progress due to the wholesaler, it's a slow but effective tactic for me at least. Good god, I hope I'm reading this all wrong.
This post from @Horanda explains how it will work:
The initial price at the Wholesaler is not going up. After the initial purchase (the amount of which is based on your Main Hall level) of a particular Good the price of that Good goes up for the currency you used. So you can get 3 lots of the one Good for the old price each day. If you need to get rid of lots of Coin, like I do, you can avoid the price rise by purchasing each of the offered Goods once.

Funny then that many of us are still surrounded by them and many have been there way more then 30 days. You would think that with the amount of feedback about the abandoned city issue that someone would have looked into it.
In that case there must be reasons why those accounts are not deleted. Mind you, if someone logs in to the account (even without performing any action), it will still be seen as an active account. And if someone is still logging in to it on a regular basis, then we really should not be deleting their progress, of course.

LOL what a fake answer you are right under the old system no one was forced to buy diamonds and could move forward without them.
And this is still possible today, and also will be after Wednesday's update. Yes, using Diamonds offers convenience, but not using Diamonds certainly does not make playing Elvenar impossible. :)

Timneh

Artisan
@Muf-Muf please don't say things like you would be happy to hear my opinions on things as i would just be wasting my time writing them here just to have them ignored so i'm not going to bother. There are a lot of posts on this forum and the beta forum from players commenting on changes they think would improve the game but they wasted the time it took to type them. When new things are introduced on the beta game and players find faults with them and post on that forum those things are still released onto the live servers without the faults being fixed. An example of this is the red info flag when the Banshee was introduced not going away, this was reported on beta as a bug but it was still released to the live servers with the bug, only a small thing i know but it still should have been fixed.
Why do questions asked on here never or rarely get answered ? One question i think really deserves an answer is the one about why was there no refund of KPs from unlocking the tournament technology in the tech tree when it was removed ? Do you honestly think it is fair for a player to spend over 1.5 days worth of KPs to research the tournaments tech only for Inno to turn around at a later date and say ok we are taking that away but we are not giving you anything back ? The question about the KPs has been mentioned several times on here and not once have you given a reply, you seem to just pick and choose the topics you want to reply to and anything controversial gets ignored. I personally think that posting anything on here is about as much use as a glass eye in a blackout if you want Inno to take notice of it. Muf-Muf you say that all feedback is read but why do you bother when nothing is acted on ? ...I think i have wasted enough of my time now so going to go and do something more worthwhile.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
@Muf-Muf please don't say things like you would be happy to hear my opinions on things as i would just be wasting my time writing them here just to have them ignored so i'm not going to bother. There are a lot of posts on this forum and the beta forum from players commenting on changes they think would improve the game but they wasted the time it took to type them. When new things are introduced on the beta game and players find faults with them and post on that forum those things are still released onto the live servers without the faults being fixed. An example of this is the red info flag when the Banshee was introduced not going away, this was reported on beta as a bug but it was still released to the live servers with the bug, only a small thing i know but it still should have been fixed.
We are always looking for feedback. We cannot reply to every single post, but we do read them. Even if we didn't post that actively on this forum before, we are here now and we intend to keep it that way. We are asking for your feedback - this is your chance to share your thoughts. ;) The issue you mention is indeed an annoying one, and has been forwarded to be fixed. We hope to have a fix for it soon, but we do not yet have a date that we can share at this point.

Why do questions asked on here never or rarely get answered ? [...] The question about the KPs has been mentioned several times on here and not once have you given a reply, you seem to just pick and choose the topics you want to reply to and anything controversial gets ignored. I personally think that posting anything on here is about as much use as a glass eye in a blackout if you want Inno to take notice of it. Muf-Muf you say that all feedback is read but why do you bother when nothing is acted on ? ...I think i have wasted enough of my time now so going to go and do something more worthwhile.
Sometimes it's better to be quiet than to speak without having an answer available. In hindsight, this might not have been the case here, and that's definitely something we want to improve. As said above: we are here now and we are here to stay. Now is the time to have the conversation that we have not been having for some time (or at least not enough). :) Also note that we are currently recruiting for our team, in order to assure speedy answers and the appropriate level of support for everyone.

One question i think really deserves an answer is the one about why was there no refund of KPs from unlocking the tournament technology in the tech tree when it was removed ? Do you honestly think it is fair for a player to spend over 1.5 days worth of KPs to research the tournaments tech only for Inno to turn around at a later date and say ok we are taking that away but we are not giving you anything back ?
Do remember that by researching this technology you also had access to the Tournaments feature, including all its rewards. This also gave an advantage, including lots of Knowledge Points, Relics and Rune Shards that you wouldn't have had otherwise.

Killiak

Artisan
Thank you. If you have any concrete examples of features you think are broken and/or not working as they should in your opinion, we'd be happy to hear them. :)

We can re-hash ALL the old posts on the battle system if you like? Or the Orc-blockade on province completion? I'm sure there is more too.
Since you are forwarding our feedback, you should know exactly which "features" were most disliked and most hotly debated.

In that case there must be reasons why those accounts are not deleted. Mind you, if someone logs in to the account (even without performing any action), it will still be seen as an active account. And if someone is still logging in to it on a regular basis, then we really should not be deleting their progress, of course.

I already asked elsewhere, but what is considered to be "active"? Just logging in once a week, building a house / collecting from map? That's hardly active and does not benefit anyone. I am happy I was moved, but I do still see several of this type of village on my map. It does seem to be an ongoing issue for people.

And this is still possible today, and also will be after Wednesday's update. Yes, using Diamonds offers convenience, but not using Diamonds certainly does not make playing Elvenar impossible. :)

For what it is worth; it is my opinion, which has been strenghtened over time with updates and events, that Inno is making the game a lot slower. So it might not be impossible to play without diamonds, their use is undeniably a huge boon and it is often promoted (heavily even).
The criticism is definitely not unfounded. I hope you also forward that bit of feedback.

Edit; honestly, I would personally MUCH prefer you answering questions with a "I/we don't know the answer (yet), but I/we will look into it. Ask again later, maybe I/we can help you then".
That is communication; silence always feels negative (imo)

Do remember that by researching this technology you also had access to the Tournaments feature, including all its rewards. This also gave an advantage, including lots of Knowledge Points, Relics and Rune Shards that you wouldn't have had otherwise.

Sorry, that's a load of Orc Dung.
Because do remember that in order to GAIN that advantage, we had to spend goods and supplies (troops). This game is all about trading one thing for another. So we traded KP for tournaments, and in the tournament we traded our goods/supplies for other benefits, as much as we found to be "worth it".

Your argument is therefor false; We didn't trade our KP for infinite free rewards. We traded KP for the OPTION to trade more of our stuff for other stuff.

So now we have tournaments where we still trade our stuff, but we lost our 40KP access-fee.
A refund would have been the only right option.

Edit; I even forgot to mention it was forced research. Basically we were forced to spend 40 KP to progress, which was not refunded when the research was removed. So yeah; for all intents and purposes we feel (and are) cheated out of 40KP.

Edit by Muf-Muf: Merged multiple posts into one.

Deleted User - 106219

Wrong. Simply having researched the technology gave no advantage, it merely allowed us to continue with research. Actually participating in the tournaments gave an advantage, but the participation was not for free - we spent resources and/or troops to obtain the Relics, KPs and Rune Shards. And we continue to do so, the only difference is that new players don't have to waste 40 KPs to be able to spend their resources in the tournaments.

Anyway, here are a few questions for you:
- Is it true that at max level the Campus (main building of the next guest race) is 10x10? That's FOUR whole Expansions for just one building!
- Any plans to rebalance the Mist Walkers? Because currently they are far superior to the Dryads, to the point where if I had a choice what to train - Mist Walkers or Dryads - I would NEVER train a single Dryad.
- Any plans to implement some of the things players have been asking for, such as the ability to preview the battle field (since battle fields in Elvenar are not random), or KP packages, or a less time-consuming and annoying way to give neighbourly help?
- Any plans for updates to the Magicless Academy? It's supposed to be a core element of the game, but so far it's mostly a waste of an expansion. At the very least move it out of the city grid, like the Harbor in Forge of Empires.

That's enough for now.

Timneh

Artisan
We are always looking for feedback. We cannot reply to every single post, but we do read them. Even if we didn't post that actively on this forum before, we are here now and we intend to keep it that way. We are asking for your feedback - this is your chance to share your thoughts. ;) The issue you mention is indeed an annoying one, and has been forwarded to be fixed. We hope to have a fix for it soon, but we do not yet have a date that we can share at this point.

I don't think anyone expects a reply to every single post but i do think it is fair to expect a reply to a question that has been asked.

Sometimes it's better to be quiet than to speak without having an answer available. In hindsight, this might not have been the case here, and that's definitely something we want to improve. As said above: we are here now and we are here to stay. Now is the time to have the conversation that we have not been having for some time (or at least not enough). :) Also note that we are currently recruiting for our team, in order to assure speedy answers and the appropriate level of support for everyone.

It is NEVER better to answer a question with silence than with a comment of some kind such as the ones mentioned by Killiak. I spent a lot of years as a manager of a very large workforce and always answered questions with a response of some kind, not answering at all was not an option for me as i believe it shows disrespect to the person or people asking it.

I don't think i need to respond to this statement as it has been responded to very well with the posts above. I will add however that there are a large number of people playing this game that have never taken part in a tournament but they still had to research the tech to progress in the tech tree, how did they benefit from using the 40 KPs that the tournament research cost ?