• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.22

DeletedUser3032

@Mykan
This is a big part of why it was changed, it wasn't designed to be the main source of goods generation. Supply in cities and demand through trading should be driving the economy of goods. Having a source to create the goods (in mass qty for some people) was distorting the original intent. Without figuring out a way to solve that (and the other issues) they won't give the old wholesaler back. The game is meant to have core puzzles we need to solve, one of those puzzles is how to generate with our factories the required goods to progress.

May as well get rid of wholesaler completely then. That would solve it. Then give us something else to spend supplies and coins on. Would be better even if they made the quantity MUCH higher we can buy each time.

DeletedUser2886

So a person with a lvl 15 main hall can dump 2.52M of coins a day, for a level 23 main hall it is just under 6.5M per day while still paying the same prices as the old wholesaler

Sorry but a level 15 main hall player cannot "dump" 2.52M coins a day. 4.4M is the max capacity at that level. It takes way more than 1 day to accumulate 2.52M coins. Even IF they could who would "dump" over half their max capacity....for a joke amount of goods, and have to wait a few days to get 2.5 million coins again....no one smart. Its a complete waste of coins and bad management of resources to dump that figure. You say it like its "farmable" lol.

I would only ever dump an amount of coins/supplies equal to a few quests I could rotate easily to get me back at max capacity in a reasonable amount of time, which is generally no more than say 300k coins (that's 5 gain supplies quests that reward with 50k coins) and 20k supplies (that's 5 3hr quests that asks for 60k coins and 2 advanced tools and rewards 4k supplies).

I would rather spend coins on KP anyway. So yeah I just buy about 20k worth of supplies because when those quests come in that will top me back up to max. There is no way I would ever buy anything from the wholesaler outside of being at max capacity, even as it was before. It's a shockingly poor value. Right now it would cost me nearly 1 million coins to buy 250 magic dust...so no i wont be dumping 2.5 million coins for 500 dust Mykan(I know you meant t1 but that's still a poor deal), when I can make 550 elixir in 3 hours.

Facepalm

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2553

I have just made up my mind from now on I will not use the wholesale or trade either, I boycott it because of this new changes that I find very very bad. Yeah it will take me ages to get somewhere, but what the heck since the change in August I haven't developed that much. I going to play the game on my "own" rules and not give into this new trade/wholesale mess.. I use to spend money on diamonds now and then but that will stop too.. No more

DeletedUser2886

Actually I don't necessarily take you seriously because of the way you shout and shout and shout and forcibly push your viewpoint onto other people, everyone is entitled to their own opinion

Force my opinion? Shout with no capital letters and no audible voice to hear? sure lol. What planet are you on? All I have done here is agree with many other people on here about these bad changes. It's not even my topic. You said everyone is entitled to their opinion and then when I give mine I'm somehow shouting and forcibly pushing it on to other people. Talk about egotistical. Take your head out of your ass and accept people don't have the same opinion as you. If other peoples opinions offend you this much you shouldnt get involved in debates lol. Get over yourself. People have opinions stop taking them personally.

I have an opinion in this topic which just so happens to be shared by the majority and you cant handle that because its different to yours, and you have a vendetta against me it's pathetic. I guess everyone here who agrees with me is me on an alt and should be silenced like last time, just because they agree with me? Did you ever stop for a moment to think how bigoted those views make you look.

Anyway with regards to majorities and minorities look here, look on facebook, look on youtube. Look anywhere for gods sake. This update has caused a backlash from the players. You can deny it all you want and be a cringe white knight in denial but it doesn't change facts lol.

Like I said before...I'm sorry you are in the minority so cant gang up on me this time and break all the rules like you did in that other topic to make yourself feel better about yourself.

firerock

Enchanter
The only thing I do with my coins is get goods, its pointless putting it into getting KP as I'm researched out presently in the woodelves, and not only that but its nearly 200K per KP. So my residences sit full of gold
The tools manus over the day will fill up my reserves even after 2 rounds 9hour productions for 6 t1, 4 t2 and 4 t3 manus.
scouting takes 2 and a half days and I refill the capacity (13.6m) in one round of collections.

The thing I enjoyed most was helping those starting off giving them resource (zero rated trades), and taking trades of the younger players in my area even when they are not my boosted goods. I can t balance out my goods to the same extent now, this means I trade less in my neighbourhood and fellowship. it means I don't need to log on so much, maybe once a day now rather than the 5 or 6 times I used to. This change is a real killer for me, especially as one of the players who helps the newer ones, therefore its surely going to have the a similar impact on them too.

Whats the point in playing any more? Its not enjoyable, there is nothing to do but wait monotonously for the production of manna and the woodelves goods (*yawn*).... ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

DeletedUser3034

And the big guys with more coin than they can use empty the market with all that excess and there are no trades left for the little guys.

DeletedUser3032

And the big guys with more coin than they can use empty the market with all that excess and there are no trades left for the little guys.

Well they could do that now and before. In fact it may even help everyone. They buy and re-trade at lower prices.

I Quote: @firerock
The thing I enjoyed most was helping those starting off giving them resource (zero rated trades), and taking trades of the younger players in my area even when they are not my boosted goods.

Anyway, it would increase activity of people checking the markets getting good deals. BUT all in all you should be posting trades yourself. NOT just picking up things. That way people can pay coins/supplies for what you list. Works both ways. @gandolfus Your thinking seems to suggest the lazy way of not posting trades ;/

DeletedUser3034

Well they could do that now and before. In fact it may even help everyone. They buy and re-trade at lower prices.

How exactly do you maintain people can use theur coins to buy the market? Ans yes, there are indeed wonderful people out there like Firrock who plau to help others. BUT, we all know that un every multiplyer game, there are the profiteers, the greedy me first types, and they will go out of there way to rob others. Witness the problems KP clubs have with raiders. Indeed, this behavior is common enough to have been given a name - Griefing.

Your thinking seems to suggest the lazy way of not posting trades ;/
Can't see how you come to that conclusion, last I checked I had 3 pages of trades (in small bites) posted.

DeletedUser3032

Can't see how you come to that conclusion, last I checked I had 3 pages of trades (in small bites) posted.

Well there we are then, you post trades coins for planks for example.... or planks for coins.... instead of marble for planks etc. Someone will pick them up. Post your own trades, those so called 'profiteers' can give you coins or resources for what you wanna get rid of. So I FAIL to see your point in people taking all the trades and leaving none for anyone else (this is good). Post your own and you will not lose out.

Timneh

Artisan
Heres a suggestion which would solve the issue with the wholesaler. Get rid of it. Let players trade between themselves with coins + supplies for resources as well as resource for resource. Problem solved.

Great idea. You should put this in the ideas and suggestions catagory.
Inno want more active trading and that is a good way to make it happen and being able to use coins and supplies as well as goods could help players with an excess of certain things to get what they do need using things they have too much of.

DeletedUser3034

KingOr, you may have something, so lets's play with it a little.....

Assume I am the Number 1 player on a server. Not pointing any fingers, just as an exercise.
I have tons of coin, and tons more coming in.
I buy every trade for coin out there, and use the goods so gotten to take up other trades.
Perhaps I cannot dry the market up, I see that now, but do I not bend it toward my desires?

Not being argumentative, I truly cannot forsee the ultimate results to the economy as a whole.

DeletedUser3016

Ok so after the update or whatever you call it so far everyone i have talked to in my fellowship hates the new wholesaler. The old one was fine and fair and we honestly have no idea why you changed something that was working. As my fellowship is comprised mainly of new players i have received some mail from 4 of them saying they are considering leaving if this new system stays in place since its making the experience a lot harder then it has to be. Hopefully they don't leave since i quite like some of these people but if the game becomes unfair to play (as the wholesaler is currently unfair) and stays this way then I may consider leaving myself. Before this update i really did love the game and was seriously thinking of going the distance with it but i'm not so sure anymore.

DeletedUser3032

Number 1 player buys all trades which are up for coins including your 1000 planks for 1 mil coins (example). You then have 1 million to post up for marble or scout wish or anything you wish. You will never lose out because your making your own trades.

Timneh

Artisan
Ok so after the update or whatever you call it so far everyone i have talked to in my fellowship hates the new wholesaler. The old one was fine and fair and we honestly have no idea why you changed something that was working. As my fellowship is comprised mainly of new players i have received some mail from 4 of them saying they are considering leaving if this new system stays in place since its making the experience a lot harder then it has to be. Hopefully they don't leave since i quite like some of these people but if the game becomes unfair to play (as the wholesaler is currently unfair) and stays this way then I may consider leaving myself. Before this update i really did love the game and was seriously thinking of going the distance with it but i'm not so sure anymore.

The problem is that Inno want us to play the game in the way they want us to play and they have now decided that the wholesaler lets us play in a different way to how they want so they changed it to stop us doing that. They MIGHT change it in some way in the future but i do not think it will go back the way it was. If they do change it there is no guarantee it will not make it even worse.

DeletedUser3034

Good example, now I scream cause my MH holds 500K coin.

Would need some mechanism to deal with that situation, coins and supplies having finite storage.

Timneh

Artisan
Number 1 player buys all trades which are up for coins including your 1000 planks for 1 mil coins (example). You then have 1 million to post up for marble or scout wish or anything you wish. You will never lose out because your making your own trades.

That could be where the problem is. It would let us play how we wanted to play and Inno think that is not allowed.

DeletedUser3032

haha yeah tbh it would be awesome if it was like that. The trader would be used so much more. Also you only have so many resources / coin / supplies you can trade with so there is always that limit just like the limit now resource to resource.

DeletedUser2886

Great idea. You should put this in the ideas and suggestions catagory.
Inno want more active trading and that is a good way to make it happen and being able to use coins and supplies as well as goods could help players with an excess of certain things to get what they do need using things they have too much of.

sadly innogames don't listen to good ideas...you should know this by now! lol

The problem is that Inno want us to play the game in the way they want us to play and they have now decided that the wholesaler lets us play in a different way to how they want so they changed it to stop us doing that. They MIGHT change it in some way in the future but i do not think it will go back the way it was. If they do change it there is no guarantee it will not make it even worse.

I'll eat my hat if Innogames reverse this decision. plot twist....they screw something else up in the next update that nobody was complaining about

Timneh

Artisan
Inno wanted more person to person trades and less use of the wholesaler and this idea is going to make that happen. It's a win win situation for us and Inno so how will they defend saying it is no good.