• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.22

Aisling1

Conjurer
I'm worried about my very strong opinions against the wholesaler changes getting lost in the kps argument. I get it that they wanted to change where certain upgrades and certain stuff comes into the game. So, ho hum, I just go back and fill it in. It doesn't affect how I play. This change does.

Alongside the changes in the tournament it actually works against neighbours, near neighbours and non FS players cooperating.

It doesn't address the almost perennial problem of being short tier I across the trader, or the practise of demanding tier I for tier III goods.. doesn't matter how long you leave them up to rot, someone is almost always desperate enough to take them. (Guilty)

Surely the solution is to make tier III boosts much more difficult to gain, and tier III manufactories much more expensive to build and upgrade?

This change may well make people much more selective in their visiting and trading habits. I know I will think twice about buying with non boosted if I can't get some of it back from the wholesaler. Right now, I'm leaving a tournament round undone as if I go there, I won't have enough to complete a province, which means I won't get a share in the spoils. I've a maximum boost in tier III. so that's one tournament I won't bother with again...
and as for quests... well, now that I've become so cost conscious the fancy prizes are really very very expensive and very bad value. And with such reduced visitor numbers, the bragging rights aren't worth it.

Timneh

Artisan
I do not claim to be the smartest person in the world but something is puzzleing me. This is the header of Muf-Mufs tall story earlier.

Earlier today we received feedback that we are "not responding to all answers" and that we are only answering to a selection of posts. For this one time, I am taking the time to show you why we work like that. Enjoy the read.

Where in all that clap trap that was spouted were we shown why they work the way they do ?
I am hoping that the "for this one time" bit does not mean we will not get any more comments or non answers from Muf-Muf.
I don't know what possesed me to try and read that again because i am not a fan of fiction.

DeletedUser3034

the only way they can do that is with a petition cause 1000 people on this forum? that's never gonna happen. you probably disagree with the petition though and want to stroke innogames ego more, and say defend muf mufs responses. if muf muf has no say over what can be done about innogames decisions fine. why don't they just say that and sympathize with the people who are angry. that would have garnered a completely different reaction a more positive one imo

Won't happen? why not? If you get those players you know to come here and be heard, and they spread the word, 1000 is easy.

Again though you go the negative road. Where have I disagreed with a petition? I will say 1000 signatures doesn't have the weight of 1000 voices, but I never disagreed. Seems I just finished telling Aisling1 I wasn't satisfied with the response we got, is that defending him?

DeletedUser2886

I do not claim to be the smartest person in the world but something is puzzleing me. This is the header of Muf-Mufs tall story earlier.

Earlier today we received feedback that we are "not responding to all answers" and that we are only answering to a selection of posts. For this one time, I am taking the time to show you why we work like that. Enjoy the read.

Where in all that clap trap that was spouted were we shown why they work the way they do ?

you weren't

I am hoping that the "for this one time" bit does not mean we will not get any more comments or non answers from Muf-Muf.
sounds like it. I'm still waiting for a response to their commemt "yes there are many things wrong with the game and we are working on them as hard as we can". I'm so curious as to what muf muf thinks is wrong with the game tbh

I don't know what possesed me to try and read that again because i am not a fan of fiction
me either

Won't happen? why not? If you get those players you know to come here and be heard, and they spread the word, 1000 is easy.

Again though you go the negative road. Where have I disagreed with a petition? I will say 1000 signatures doesn't have the weight of 1000 voices, but I never disagreed. Seems I just finished telling Aisling1 I wasn't satisfied with the response we got, is that defending him?
again don't talk about negative roads when you placed bets on how many times i would reply to a topic, and encouraged a member to post Michael Jackson popcorn memes, "seconded" someone who said this to me "a toxic piece of shit and a classic candidate for human sterilization if i ever saw one" (ladywoodland), and blindly defend someone who has no intention of passing concerns on to innogames, and defend the majority of innogames terrible decisions themselves. If you agree with most of what I say like you claim it's common to back that person up instead of backing up the person who disagrees with them. I can imagine you would be the type of person in an argument between two people you know to say later "I agreed with most of your points" "why didn't you back me up then?" "(goes silent)"

me, and everyone else complaining on here is trying to get a positive out of at least one negative. When you are dealing with people who don't respond to reasonable conversation sometimes the only way is to keep repeating yourself into the message finally hits home. kind of like the people who visit your city and repeatedly cant be bothered to read your title and click on something random but when you visit their city their title is "culture please" and you continually give them what they want. if you never say anything to them these people just carry on with their behaviour.

what about Gordon Ramsay on kitchen nightmares? when something is wrong whats his approach? does he molly coddle them and post cringe replies like mykan did to the novel? nobody here has gone anywhere near unlocking Gordon ramsay mode either. everyone has been pretty civil

Edit by Muf-Muf: Merged multiple posts into one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aisling1

Conjurer

I don't know what possesed me to try and read that again because i am not a fan of fiction.

We weren't. It was a petulant childish response, taking a lot of posts and answering snippets at a time in a snarky unfriendly unhelpful and at times incorrect manner. If I've read it right, Muff is some kind of self appointed (see the page for applications) expert on Elvenar and nothing to do with the game's developers.

Meanwhile, seeing as how this forum isn't actually teeming with players, and the poll had three responders last time I checked, we'd be better off getting everyone we know who has complained back here, getting onto their fs, explaining the problem, chasing down every Beta player and campaigning - we can go on strike - 24 hrs, no logging in. Boycott the Valentines quest. Keep declining normal quests, leave everything idle and spend the time chatting to the fs. A few days of that and they'll notice it as much as no buying of diamonds.

DeletedUser1265

Okay, so here is my 2c worth.

1. I don't mind the new tournament set up. We are actually doing much better as a fellowship that I did with my neighbors - and I have some rather active neighbors, others have been moved. I normally take 5 provinces to at least 4 star but mostly to 5 and sometimes 6, based on time constraints and, yes, sometimes resources. Since the inception of the tourneys I mostly focus on my boosted goods as I found that unless I am waiting for a new race to arrive the tourneys do stunt my growth a little. However, that isn't necessarily a bad thing - like over scouting has shown. (Over scouting in my case refers to not having the needed squad upgrades to face the squad sizes for that relevant ring). I don't use the wholesaler for tourneys, I generally prepare for them looking at the provinces make up and building troops accordingly - Thank you Inno for fixing the auto-fight option. I find that it actually works now, I no longer refer to it as auto-lose. But yes, at some point I do cater. And in all honesty, I didn't even notice the tourney tech was removed from the tree, but I made that KP back in spades, if you didn't, I guess that was your choice. You had the option to do so.

2. The wholesaler increase seems to have most people up in arms. I assume that it has a lot to do with game-play. I have always found the wholestealer to be overpriced but I have used it in the past. Since the change I am still inclined to visit my neighbours regularly (all 280 of them) as I use my surplus coins for KP and my surplus supplies to buy goods. If I don't have supplies spare, I don't buy. And supplies are free, all you need is time. So no biggy there. I trade with my boosted goods, and I don't cross trade as I find that detrimental to others at my level, but I do help smaller cities that do. Currently, with the Blooming Trader's Guild my goods have become cheaper (at base price) at 1625 t1 for 446 t1 (was 2500 for 500) and should keep doing so once I upgrade my Bee, currently only at level 3.

3. I haven't learnt how to effectively use the new battle system, even though I had the previous one down to a fine art. Yes, the change was frustrating, especially with the edition of orcs before you were at orcs (which is why I stopped playing for a while, when Real Life got too hectic and I didn't feel like the added frustration). However, when life settled I came back. I am not as active as I once was, and have demoted myself from Archmage and Mage respectively, as I play in both worlds (Since Nov 2015), to a fellow, in order to play without responsibility of FS admin & blog updates. However, the current frustrations are no more than my initial frustration at learning the old system, since I don't enjoy battles. When I have time I will do my homework again.

4. We all have gripes, but I don't think Inno can please us all. It is a part of life really. Change is inevitable, we need to adapt or, alternatively, get over it, or leave. I have invested enough time and yes, money, to adapt.

5. For some reason my diamonds are still priced the same, but I pay in $ on the EN server. However, with the current exchange rate in South Africa I can barely afford diamonds, so I have stopped buying. But that is more due to personal finance than in protest. I am still progressing well as a result. So no biggy there either.

I play because I choose too, and yes I do have gripes at times, as my comments on the forum have shown in the past. However, I am also realistic.

Have a great evening everyone and Happy Elvenaring
Sis

DeletedUser2886

the wholesaler was bad before its just even worse now. it costs nearly a million coins for 250 t3. I mean come on....facepalm

We weren't. It was a petulant childish response, taking a lot of posts and answering snippets at a time in a snarky unfriendly unhelpful and at times incorrect manner. If I've read it right, Muff is some kind of self appointed (see the page for applications) expert on Elvenar and nothing to do with the game's developers.

Meanwhile, seeing as how this forum isn't actually teeming with players, and the poll had three responders last time I checked, we'd be better off getting everyone we know who has complained back here, getting onto their fs, explaining the problem, chasing down every Beta player and campaigning - we can go on strike - 24 hrs, no logging in. Boycott the Valentines quest. Keep declining normal quests, leave everything idle and spend the time chatting to the fs. A few days of that and they'll notice it as much as no buying of diamonds.
sadly I don't think people will do this and even if they did it wouldn't change innogames core thought process of you are playing the way we want you to no matter what. even if we get back the old wholesaler it was still bad before just not as bad as it is now. there are still many more core issues with the game they wont ever change because they think it stops our fun and makes us progress too fast. no offence inno but if my fun is from progressing fast without diamonds who are you to tell me otherwise? if my phone company or energy bill suddenly hikes up my bill would I be pleased? hell no. if they justified it by saying "we think you are getting too much for your money" would I be pleased? hell no. would I switch? probably

Aisling1

Conjurer
I was replying to your reply to Aisling.... or is that not permitted?
I am Aisling1, there is only one Aisling1, with one city in Winyandor and one in Arendyll. I do not hold multiple accounts, play under any other name, or play anywhere else.

DeletedUser

I am Aisling1, there is only one Aisling1, with one city in Winyandor and one in Arendyll. I do not hold multiple accounts, play under any other name, or play anywhere else.
Actually I was replying to Nezkeys and not to you, you are allowed to have other accounts if you wish, it is not forbidden...

Aisling1

Conjurer
Sorry, I thought you were saying I was someone else. Eyesight isn't the best and I missed the "to", and I said the other because when I tried to sign up there was an Aisling and an AisL and an Ais... where I am. that tends to be multiple accounts.. I was clarifying not criticising.

This is why I would really really love my old wholesaler back. Please fix the price even if you have to put it up, and increase the quantities to closer to what I need for one encounter.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 01.30.59 copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 01.30.59 copy.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 123

DeletedUser3105

• The old Wholesaler was not very user-friendly in the amounts that were offered. We wanted to change this to tie into your Main Hall level to allow for packages that would better fit your progress in the game.
    • In reality the old wholesalers was much more user friendly then the new wholesaler Not only was it more user friendly it was more game friendly. The wholesaler did not discourage trades in the way that the new wholesaler appears to be doing so. Since it's inception many are complaining about how difficult it is to trade their boosted good for their non boosted goods. The trades that are provided seem to come from one of three places ; the fellowship ; your discovered neighbors and those close to your discovered players. In many cases there seems to be an imbalance in the quantity of certain goods. For instance when I go to the tab to accept goods and enter marble in the offered goods it usually does not come back with any offers and if it does you better grab them fast because now our over user friendly wholesaler is going to gouge you if you want to buy that item from the wholesaler.
  • In the new Wholesaler, you will notice that the prices will vary depending on the amount of goods that you purchase, this is due to us wanting to encourage players to trade more among their fellowship members and neighbors to acquire the goods they need.
    • The theory of trading more among your fellowship is a great one. The problem is that unless everyone in your fellowship is at the same level or relatively within a few thousand points of each other you are going to have some members who produce in quantity and some whose production is nothing more that self sufficient. In several cases there are fellowships with less than 5 members and the majority of those fellowships were probably started up by players who did not have enough points to get accepted by the more successful fellowships. Who do they rely on for the goods they do not produce now that the wholesaler is no longer user friendly. In fact it is a deterrent to progression because the alternative tool to get the goods you need is too expensive.
    • Our fellowship is made of 23 players. Only nine are able to provide goods to the fellowship as a whole. These same top nine only benefit from the rest of the fellowship via visits. The bottom 14 members are not as active as the top nine. In this case the rich take care of the poor.
    • I probably have discovered over 75 neighbors. Of those 75 about 10 are active and have neighborhoods that include me. They are the players I depend on for trades because the majority of the fellowship have less than 10000 points. Unfortunately even they cannot meet my needs for goods all the time.
    • Trading is down and far more difficult to get your goods accepted
  • The old Wholesaler was not as balanced as we would have liked, which is the main reason for our recent change. The original design for the Wholesaler was a last resort feature, once you acquired all the goods from your fellowship/neighbors.
    • Maybe it wasn't balanced but that does not mean you need to make it so it is no longer accessible as a tool to those who are having a difficult time trading for goods that seem to be in short supply. For instance Marble and Crystal in our neighborhood and fellowship is very difficult to trade for even though Marble is produced by more members in our fellowship than any other good. Again only a couple in our fellowship produce enough Marble that are willing to part with it.
    • I don't think there would be so many players upset if there was a balance of goods available to them. The forum suggests you concentrate on your boosted goods and trade for the non boosted goods but like with any market situation there will be gluts of certain goods that are hard to trade and shortages of goods that will be hard to acquire. The wholesaler made it possible to get those goods when you could not trade for them.
    • What you are trying to achieve appears to be what is happening in North America. The US is trying to force trades to happen within the United States who we will call the fellowship. If the fellowship (US) wants to needs to trade with other countries such as Mexico, who we will call he Wholesaler it is going to cost that member of the fellowship a premium The only difference is that in Elvenar that premium rise with each sequential trade.
    • In the real world if you go into a store do they adjust the price based on your earnings. It does not happen.
  • The Wholesaler alteration was implemented on our Beta world in November of 2016, which never made it to our live servers at that time. We received a lot of feedback on how to improve the feature from our Beta community, and wanted to make sure that we offered the best alteration possible for our live servers. Please be aware that we are still taking feedback, and would love to continue to hear how we can improve the trading functionality even further.
    • In BETA they are circulating a petition asking you to get rid of the new wholesaler.
    • If you must pretend that the level of the Main Hall determines the type of store a player shops at with the Dollar Store being level 1 and Bloomingdales being say level 10 then charge accordingly but keep the price for one purchase the same as the price for the second, third and so on the same

DeletedUser1952

Are there any possibilities of bring back the old Wholesales Trader back?
Take for example the following:
Imagine people trading 1,000 magic dust for 16,000 steel (a 2-stars trade).
More than 1,000 magic dust can be produce in 3 hours with 1 building, depending on your building level and boost but to produce 16,000 steel even with boost to the max and building maxed, how many hours had to be spent on producing it?!!
I know the cost of producing magic dust is higher than steel, but for me, it is the time spent to generate that amount.
I believe not everyone here can login every 3 hours to collect and to produce the goods everyday.
Anyone who can produce magic dust would be able to deal with the extra cost easily.

Aisling1

Conjurer
There are plenty of Fellowships out there that would not pressure you into participating in tournaments. Don't feel obligated to do something you don't want to!
I did not say I was being pressured, I said there is pressure. This is not semantics

I suppose you don't play much, or at all, or you would not have misunderstood my meaning.
With tournaments a fellowship affair, any member of a fellowship deciding, "this is not my boosted, I'd rather sit back and save my goods for a tournament that will provide me with my boosted relics" is not going to get the same reception as a neighbour deciding to sit out a tournament. In order to qualify, the fellowship need to do quite a lot on the first day. In order to share in the prizes, they need to complete.
Try it, you'll see what I mean. Without the option of being able to buy up say, 4 to 5k shortfall in tier one... instantly because the tournament is time sensitive.. it gets a lot harder.
Sure, change fellowship. That'll solve everything. You really should try playing for a bit. It would give you insight.

DeletedUser2886

I did not say I was being pressured, I said there is pressure. This is not semantics

I suppose you don't play much, or at all, or you would not have misunderstood my meaning.
With tournaments a fellowship affair, any member of a fellowship deciding, "this is not my boosted, I'd rather sit back and save my goods for a tournament that will provide me with my boosted relics" is not going to get the same reception as a neighbour deciding to sit out a tournament. In order to qualify, the fellowship need to do quite a lot on the first day. In order to share in the prizes, they need to complete.
Try it, you'll see what I mean. Without the option of being able to buy up say, 4 to 5k shortfall in tier one... instantly because the tournament is time sensitive.. it gets a lot harder.
Sure, change fellowship. That'll solve everything. You really should try playing for a bit. It would give you insight.

100%

anyway according to Gandolfus its selfish and expel worthy to not want to waste your goods on a non boost, or go past the first 2-4 provinces where the rewards are the highest they can be in the tournament. provinces 5+ always seem to be 2kp/2 relic and like 20 tournament points. compared to a scouted province that always gives 8/8 and a plethora of other benefits it's just a no brainer imo. If anyone is doing this its just a complete waste of resources.

The actual fellowship rewards are not very great either so I think a clever fellowship would preserve their goods and keep their members in in a stronger position with their goods. Pressurising their members into wasting their goods by calling the selfish is just bad management of their team imo when you consider how much you waste compared to normal scouting(which enables them to get quest rewards, get expansions, faster tech tree development, retain higher level of goods), or letting members strengthen their boosts...which strengthens the fellowship as a whole in the long run. Waste all your resources for average 15kp extra and a couple spells from chest rewards lol...no thanks.

I'd much rather have my members focus on their boosts and nobody do the 20/2/2 ones unless its their boost.

Are there any possibilities of bring back the old Wholesales Trader back?
Take for example the following:
Imagine people trading 1,000 magic dust for 16,000 steel (a 2-stars trade).
More than 1,000 magic dust can be produce in 3 hours with 1 building, depending on your building level and boost but to produce 16,000 steel even with boost to the max and building maxed, how many hours had to be spent on producing it?!!
I know the cost of producing magic dust is higher than steel, but for me, it is the time spent to generate that amount.
I believe not everyone here can login every 3 hours to collect and to produce the goods everyday.
Anyone who can produce magic dust would be able to deal with the extra cost easily.

I can produce elixir (my t3) but I looked at magic dust from the wholesaler and for 250 dust it costs 960,000 coins. My max capacity is 4.4 million coins. sorry but nearly a million coins (1/4 of my total capacity pretty much) for an amount of magic dust that will get me literally nowhere is ridiculous. some single encounters in a province require more. A whole province definitely does. so for a million coins I get 1/8 from a province. "Balanced" LOL It wasn't that much better with the old system, but better nonetheless. I still would never use it to buy goods outside of max capacity dumping because even the old way was way too expensive. This new wholesaler is just a joke tho

by the way im not sure where you get your figures from but I am capped at level 4 elixir factories. one building produces 185 elixir every 3 hours with a 412% relic boost. I only have space for 3 in my city so:

goods: 555 elixir
time: 3 hours
cost: 33,000 coins / 3300 supplies

the wholesaler is offering me:
goods: 250 magic dust
cost: 960,000 coins / 0 supplies
time: instant (irrelevant)

innogames claim they know what balanced means....facepalm

DeletedUser1353

the only way they can do that is with a petition cause 1000 people on this forum? that's never gonna happen. you probably disagree with the petition though and want to stroke innogames ego more, and say defend muf mufs responses. if muf muf has no say over what can be done about innogames decisions fine. why don't they just say that and sympathize with the people who are angry. that would have garnered a completely different reaction a more positive one imo

again you're saying the majority on this forum are the minority in terms of the overall picture...why cant you understand the "small majority" comment still? also I think youre probably wrong about this bunch of people here being a minority anyway if all players of the game give their thoughts. I would imagine the views on this are an overwhelming amount like 90% if every single player was brought into the mix, yet you seem to think the voices here would be overshadowed by all the people who support innogames recent decisions

People that are satisfied with the game and it's changes tends to be less vocal about it, you rarely see a post on the forums saying: this change is great!
Meanwhile unhappy people are more vocal, that's why the forums isn't always the best place to look at when saying "everyone hates the change".

And why are you still double posting? Guess you dont want people to take you seriously after all.

Personally the change doesn't affect me, was a bit surprised that so many rely on the wholesaler. If it makes more people rely on trading then I like it I guess.

DeletedUser2886

People that are satisfied with the game and it's changes tends to be less vocal about it, you rarely see a post on the forums saying: this change is great!
Meanwhile unhappy people are more vocal, that's why the forums isn't always the best place to look at when saying "everyone hates the change".

And why are you still double posting? Guess you dont want people to take you seriously after all.

Personally the change doesn't affect me, was a bit surprised that so many rely on the wholesaler. If it makes more people rely on trading then I like it I guess.

Taking me seriously? if you were paying attention you would see that its not only me who disagrees with this change but practically everybody here bar like two white knights blindly supporting these bad changes. I hope you aren't going to stoop to that level of cringe.

Literally everyone "takes me seriously" about this because we all feel exactly the same about it lol, and the likes on comments gives you a fair clue too. Newsflash: you cant bully someone anymore because it makes you feel better about yourself. you are the minority now in this topic.

Also it wasn't even my idea to form a petition it was someone elses. so before you carry on your pathetic vendetta and tirade against me from the last topic, (plus minimodding) try and be civil and post something without lowering the tone and taking a dig at someone with your first response.

Also its not double posting when you are quoting peoples individual comments separately and the content is completely different in them all. When I have something to say to the one reply its all in that one reply. If I have anything to say after that I edit that particular comment. I dont just have 10 replies all talking to the same person with one sentence lol. So please stop taking things out of context and acting like i dont know how to use an edit button when I do. I've edited this topic many times already and not just posted new topics to post stuff I want to add because I can just edit this post. Just because I am not multi quoting everyone in one post you cant just bandwagon onto double posting. To you double posting is this:

person 1 > person 2 > person 1 > person 1 (OMG VIOLATION) > person 2, regardless of what is being said in each post.

The last two posts I made have nothing to do with each other and are direct replies to the individuals comments. One is about tournaments and the other is about the wholesaler.

double posting examples:
Bob: I like pizza.
Bob: I also like pie.
(speaking to the same person and making two posts that are connected to the same topic when they could have just used the edit button)

Jim: I like pizza
Jim: I like pizza
(speaking to the same person and making two identical posts. disregard for the edit/delete button)

double posting example according to you:
derek: I like pizza (speaking to one person)
derek: when does the tournament start? (speaking to someone completely different)

also page 12 aisling double posted according to you
also page 11 gandolfus double posted according to you
page 8: marthasvilla double posted according to you

how come you didn't call any of them out? nice selective posting. Like literally nobody even cares its such a petty thing to get worked up over.

You would bring up a double posting in the wrong context and rather speculate about who might be taking me seriously in your opinion. Again nobody really cared what you thought about that. The majority commenting here share the exact same feelings as me. I'm sorry that offends you and your two white knights because you want to poison everyone's minds against me at every chance you get.

Since you mentioned taking people seriously I see you didn't mention the novel muf muf posted which nobody takes them serious over because of the content in the post. Rather petty and judgemental if you ask me. All you had to say was you like the update changes and why, not tag some dig in at the end cause it makes you feel good about yourself.

I'm ignoring you from now on btw and not feeding you anymore.

Timneh

Artisan
Yes, we disabled those indicators in the research tree. We mentioned that these technologies would become mandatory with the update they were introduced. The Banshee will also become mandatory, but with version 1.23 (also was announced before

That is a lie. In the update 1.21 release notes it clearly says the banshee would become mandatory after the next update(that would be update 1.22) no mention of update 1.23. I would have thought you would know what you wrote in your own release notes.

There are plenty of Fellowships out there that would not pressure you into participating in tournaments. Don't feel obligated to do something you don't want to!

How the hell could you possibly know what the rules of each and every fellowship are ? I know that you are probably right but you can not know that for a fact so you should not state it as one. As a representative of Inno games you should make sure that everything you say is factual.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1265

iterally everyone "takes me seriously" about this because we all feel exactly the same about it lol, and the likes on comments gives you a fair clue too. Newsflash: you cant bully someone anymore because it makes you feel better about yourself. you are the minority now in this topic.

I am inclined to disagree with this statement, as I don't feel the same as you do. And I have counted a few others that don't too. Also, I am inclined to agree that those of us who don't mind the changes tend to be less vocal to avoid the onslaught of bullying. As seen by so many posts in this thread.