• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.22

DeletedUser3034

id say a petition campaigning for the new system to be reversed, and several people admitting they have quit or are going to quit on these very forums is evidence. wouldn't you?

Evidence of what? That a person stated a petition? That's ONE. several peaople (I recall 4 or 5) quit or will do so?

of the 3000 plus resistered on the forum this is nowhere near MOST. And that's the point, the sample is to small to declare a majority opinion.

I repeat, the majority may indeed agree, but there is no PROOF.

DeletedUser2886

Evidence of what? That a person stated a petition? That's ONE. several peaople (I recall 4 or 5) quit or will do so?

of the 3000 plus resistered on the forum this is nowhere near MOST. And that's the point, the sample is to small to declare a majority opinion.

I repeat, the majority may indeed agree, but there is no PROOF.

dude its always the same 10 people or so on here at any given time. look at the "whos online" religiously every day like I have done for the past month before you comment about forum statistics

What you are essentially saying is a "small majority" is a minority in the overall picture....but again you have no proof whatsoever about this, whereas there is proof here for the other side of the argument. I could say the same of the way you and the rest of people handled that last post I made. However in this case it's not even a small majority because most of the people replying are the same ones who come here every day. Id say a creating a petition and people saying they have left is a pretty big thing.

Do you always blindly defend authority like your life depends on it. even when their decisions are causing outcry amongst their people? You probably just want to be a mod. It's so cringe worthy. Thing is if you support the current inno staffs decisions and some of the rather strange moderator replies on here...you are not going to change anything. "Like for like".

There will always be people who cannot accept constructive criticism and make it personal in any walk of life and simply not agreeing with them is enough for them to go full censorship mode. Go on any chat room on the internet and the amount of people who will argue until they're blue in the face just to not admit they made a mistake is saddening. Leave constructive criticism on someones video and get blocked. Its pathetic. Its ok to admit you made a mistake. It's not a weakness. You learn through your mistakes, but you have to be willing to accept you've made one in the first place and have some humility

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3034

Oddly, in spite of your doubts, I do know who's on-line. There is no such thing as a "small majority", by definition a majority is more than half. At the risk of disappointing you, I do not wnant to be a mod, not have I ever blindly defended ANYBODY. Fact is I have in the past taken Inno to task over decisions I believed to be wrong. As to admitting mistakes, I am the first to publicly do so and have in these forums.
You are right though in that the same voices are constant, a dozen or so who are constantly posting and discussing. These are those who feel strongly one way or another. Sadly, the majority don't feel strongly enough to make themselves heard (my opinion).

DeletedUser2886

Oddly, in spite of your doubts, I do know who's on-line. There is no such thing as a "small majority", by definition a majority is more than half. At the risk of disappointing you, I do not wnant to be a mod, not have I ever blindly defended ANYBODY. Fact is I have in the past taken Inno to task over decisions I believed to be wrong. As to admitting mistakes, I am the first to publicly do so and have in these forums.
You are right though in that the same voices are constant, a dozen or so who are constantly posting and discussing. These are those who feel strongly one way or another. Sadly, the majority don't feel strongly enough to make themselves heard (my opinion).

You reached the grand old age of 60 yet I have to explain something again for you in lamens terms. Here is an example of a small majority being a minority...

someone creates a post on here and 5 people are against them. then the same question is put to all elvenar players (or lets say just 1000 players for the sake of clarity), and 70% agree with them. the 5 people that were against them initially were in fact a small majority in the original post. Ive said this before too...just because a majority exists doesn't mean its always the right decision...although its rare when that happens

1>5
700 > 5

The reason you didn't understand the statement is because you weren't looking at things from a "master slide" so to speak. When I spoke of people admitting mistakes I was referencing the internet in general not you personally, yet you felt the need to re assure me you're the first to admit failure. why?

"Sadly, the majority don't feel strongly enough to make themselves heard (my opinion)."

what does this even mean? several people made a petition and whined on a forum about the recent update by inno asap. what else do they need to do which constitutes this majority feeling strong enough to make themselves heard?

They will probably just do what almost everyone else does here with a concern...feel like they are talking to a brick wall and eventually concede its not worth their time, and quit. Of course all the white knights will here will feel accomplished again and stay here until there is no one left to "moderate" because the game isn't in development anymore, or you can carry on playing remembering times gone by but still playing the way you want/inno wants.

DeletedUser3034

Oddly, after some searching, it appears that the term "small majority" does have an accepted use in the English language. It refers to being just over half, as in 1502 of 3000. So, a term that escaped me, my error. However, it does not in any way relate to your usage, it still means more than half. Google it. Yahoo it. MW - online it.

and I personally find your opening offensive. It implies I am old and ignorant.

DeletedUser2886

Oddly, after some searching, it appears that the term "small majority" does have an accepted use in the English language. It refers to being just over half, as in 1502 of 3000. So, a term that escaped me, my error. However, it does not in any way relate to your usage, it still means more than half. Google it. Yahoo it. MW - online it.

and I personally find your opening offensive. It implies I am old and ignorant.
is 60 old? most people would say so thets not being rude. Not a good or bad thing its just fact

are you ignorant? I would say so based on your replies and how you blindly defend authority like your life depends on it. You don't even understand the concept I am making about a "small majority" being a minority in the grand scheme of things. I'm sick of giving you plausible analogies to represent this

also in your last topic with me you said this "lets place bets on how many replies nezkeys makes I'm saying 12 XD" and continued to stir the pot.

DeletedUser2886

So where do I go to register a legitimate complaint, and have someone older and wiser explain the objective of the wholesaler change and how it will improve my gaming experience?
Nowhere. The only people who will agree with you (like myself) are people who think it wont improve your gaming experience, and who can't change a thing directly

The only place you can log a complaint is with people who disagree with you and feel that it will make your gaming experience "fun" and not "too easy"

DeletedUser2884

So where do I go to register a legitimate complaint, and have someone older and wiser explain the objective of the wholesaler change and how it will improve my gaming experience?

The only way to register a complaint that means anything is to Vote with your Wallet. If you do not like the changes do not buy diamonds.
If you have in the past via credit or bank card and you feel the recent changes have made the game unplayable I recommend you do a charge back to get your money back. Of course they will ban your existing account from the game if you do but it is a F2P game and you could always start over.

DeletedUser2886

Sorry for the length of this post and the inevitable spelling and grammar errors that are probably here as a result of this essay.

1) the only reason for the length of your post is because of the length of the post you were quoting.
2) a lot of what you said which I wholeheartedly agree with is Innogames' attempt to sugar coat their decisions with nonsensical justifications, and then act surprised when someone sees through this immediately and says this is condescending. @innogames @Muf-Muf not everyone was born yesterday. So yeah if they just come clean it will be received better. What message could be better than...."sorry to all our fans we made some mistakes recently and wish to rectify those and make your game enjoyment much better. Diamonds will now all be 100% cheaper than before and there will be constant free offers on top of those, and then post an update tease of all the things people want or most of them". Of course not even the apology part and the reassurance of trying to cater to your needs would never happen, but for some people that would be enough for them to change their opinion. The other stuff would just be in "in your dreams" type of stuff.

email: as a thank you for reaching era 3 here are 1000 diamonds. as a thank you for being subbed for 3 months here are 1000 diamonds etc etc. There are many ways a company can find favour with its players...and as of yet innogames doesn't seem to understand this. I mean you buy a level 1 magic residence/workshop and cant upgrade it, and then have to buy new higher priced ones (I'm assuming they offer more than your level 15 normal residences/workshops) because your residences/workshops start to outclass them at level 15

DeletedUser3034

Aisling I'm not convinced it will improve your gaming experience. I have, in spite of be accused of blindly defending authority, spoken out against this change. I see it as hadicapping newer players, and have suggested some ways to modify it. Will they be considerred, I don't know.

Aisling1

Conjurer
It may just come to something like that. I'd miss all the friends I've made, but I could afford quite a few nights out on what I have spent so far.
I can of course still play, but it would be so slow and boring when the only the only thing left is progress up the knowledge tree..:rolleyes: which is what I thought they were trying to slow?

DeletedUser2886

Aisling I'm not convinced it will improve your gaming experience. I have, in spite of be accused of blindly defending authority, spoken out against this change. I see it as hadicapping newer players, and have suggested some ways to modify it. Will they be considerred, I don't know.
first time I have seen you do it tbh. Finally we agree on something

also about defending authority blindly. the reason I said that was because when muf muf made that reply that hit the character limit after one sentence when you "reply with quote" (the one people were saying they didnt agree with the tone and sounded hyposcritical) all you said was something along the lines of "thank you for your replies or something. it wasn't quite as cringe as mykans response tho ill give you that

Anyway you cant preach to me about moral integrity or "what your years have taught you" after how you acted in that thread that got deleted because you continually stirred the pot encouraging people to place bets on how many times I would reply, or encouraging someone who thinks posting Michael Jackson popcorn memes (killiak) and then acts innocent is funny...to do continue being a troll. That's why I mentioned your age because its something a 12 year old would do not a 60 year old.

DeletedUser3034

Strange as it may seem, I think we agree on a lot of things, just not on methods. I am drafting a proposal to make the wholesaler more useful to smaller players, but hopefully in such a way that INNOs issues are also dealt with. As soon as it feels complete and workable (to me), it'll be posted. Will it be considered? Dunno, but I'll have pointed at a problem and suggested a solution.

Yeah, maybe I'm "old" (very comparative teerm), but years have taught me reasonable suggestions are louder than tirades. And that is not a dig, but perhaps advice if you'd have it.

Aisling1

Conjurer

I was being a wee bit facetious. ;) I asked friends and fs to write in here and be heard. If there's a petition where do I sign, and if not, how can I start one.?
Also, I'd like to see a few answers like: we did this because, and this is what should happen, and this is where it'll be better for your game.

DeletedUser2886

Strange as it may seem, I think we agree on a lot of things, just not on methods. I am drafting a proposal to make the wholesaler more useful to smaller players, but hopefully in such a way that INNOs issues are also dealt with. As soon as it feels complete and workable (to me), it'll be posted. Will it be considered? Dunno, but I'll have pointed at a problem and suggested a solution.

Yeah, maybe I'm "old" (very comparative teerm), but years have taught me reasonable suggestions are louder than tirades. And that is not a dig, but perhaps advice if you'd have it.
and my advice to you is that a mere disagreement over something is not a tirade. People are welcome voice their opinions on this update. Most of my concerns are to do with "REASONABLE SUGGESTIONS" other than the wholesaler cause I hardly used it. I'm just addressing facts that multiple people are voicing their "REASONABLE SUGGESTIONS" and it turns into a tirade because they are all being ignored or condescended with ridiculous justifications

I was being a wee bit facetious. ;) I asked friends and fs to write in here and be heard. If there's a petition where do I sign, and if not, how can I start one.?
Also, I'd like to see a few answers like: we did this because, and this is what should happen, and this is where it'll be better for your game.
you will never get the true answer they will just continually condescend you with answers that make no sense

Edit by Muf-Muf: Merged multiple posts into one.

DeletedUser3034

If you want to make a difference, encourage all the folk in-game to come here and speak out. Instead of the usual dozen voices, let INNO hear from the 1000s

Great questions! We got an answer to because I'm not convinced by, but it referenced thing from before I started so I can't judge it.
I also would enjoy answers to the 2nd and 3rd...

DeletedUser2886

It may just come to something like that. I'd miss all the friends I've made, but I could afford quite a few nights out on what I have spent so far.
I can of course still play, but it would be so slow and boring when the only the only thing left is progress up the knowledge tree..:rolleyes: which is what I thought they were trying to slow?

exactly...progressing at 1 kp an hour...when some techs take 70 kp in only era 3 and you need 3 or 4 techs you dont really want to even get to one you do. 3 days to unlock one tech I don't want? no thanks

If you want to make a difference, encourage all the folk in-game to come here and speak out. Instead of the usual dozen voices, let INNO hear from the 1000s
the only way they can do that is with a petition cause 1000 people on this forum? that's never gonna happen. you probably disagree with the petition though and want to stroke innogames ego more, and say defend muf mufs responses. if muf muf has no say over what can be done about innogames decisions fine. why don't they just say that and sympathize with the people who are angry. that would have garnered a completely different reaction a more positive one imo

again you're saying the majority on this forum are the minority in terms of the overall picture...why cant you understand the "small majority" comment still? also I think youre probably wrong about this bunch of people here being a minority anyway if all players of the game give their thoughts. I would imagine the views on this are an overwhelming amount like 90% if every single player was brought into the mix, yet you seem to think the voices here would be overshadowed by all the people who support innogames recent decisions

DeletedUser3034

Not to start a fight Nez, just where we differ. It sounds like you are the type who is in a hurry to arrive, where I enjoy the journey, and if I do arrive, sweet! Neither is right or wrong, just style of play, and maybe the reason we each play. I'm in no hurry at all, biggest issue is juggling when a building needs to get bigger. And even that makes me smile when I do find a way to fit the pieces.