• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.22

Timneh

Artisan
What a pile of manure you have come up with there Muf-Muf. It would have been much easier and faster for you to write something like...thanks for all your feedback guys, we are sorry you don't like the changes but we are right and you are wrong so you will just have to suck it up.
As said above you said to lay off the sarcasm and then used it several times yourself so that is another case of Inno saying you do as we say and not as we do.
You have read all the posts about how the new changes to the wholesaler are disliked but still refuse to admit even the slightest possibility that you have made a mistake.
Yourself and Inno CLAIM that all players are free to play the game as they want when clearly that is not true unless they want to play the way you want them to play. How can players play the way they want to play when you change the rules whenever you feel like it.
If you ever leave the employment of Inno you would have a good future in politics, you talk the same excrement as the best of them and answer questions without giving an answer brilliantly.
I'm wasting my time here so i'm not going to bother with this reply to your post any more (for now at least).

DeletedUser2622

I've been in Elvenar a fair while now and have never once posted to the forum, but this update has broken me.

1. I used to enjoy expanding my city...but then gave up on that when I realised that I'd gone further than I was "supposed" to and couldn't expand any more.

2. I used to enjoy the battles...but gave up on that once the game was updated and I realised that I couldn't possibly win them.

3. I used to enjoy making my way through the tech tree...but then hit orcs and realised I was stuck here for the foreseeable future

4. As above "I used to enjoy making my way through the tech tree" but then updates kept sending me back to the beginning of the tree again to use knowledge points on techs I didn't even want (see point 2.)

5. The latest thing is that I can't even buy goods at inflated prices from the wholesaler when I want to...

6. And I did used to buy diamonds on occasion, to help myself along, so money WAS going in for the developers.

But I'm looking at this "game" wondering why I'm playing it at all. Where is the fun, it WAS fun, but for some reason they've decided to syphon every fun element out of it one by one.

It annoys me to leave, as I've grown attached to my little city, and it's so PRETTY!!! But...the fun has gone out of it. I'll give it a while longer to see what happens, but where has the game play gone???

DeletedUser3032

What a pile of manure you have come up with there Muf-Muf. It would have been much easier and faster for you to write something like...thanks for all your feedback guys, we are sorry you don't like the changes but we are right and you are wrong so you will just have to suck it up.
As said above you said to lay off the sarcasm and then used it several times yourself so that is another case of Inno saying you do as we say and not as we do.
You have read all the posts about how the new changes to the wholesaler are disliked but still refuse to admit even the slightest possibility that you have made a mistake.
Yourself and Inno CLAIM that all players are free to play the game as they want when clearly that is not true unless they want to play the way you want them to play. How can players play the way they want to play when you change the rules whenever you feel like it.
If you ever leave the employment of Inno you would have a good future in politics, you talk the same excrement as the best of them and answer questions without giving an answer brilliantly.
I'm wasting my time here so i'm not going to bother with this reply to your post any more (for now at least).

Haha well said!

you talk the same excrement as the best of them and answer questions without giving an answer brilliantly.

That 1 line sums up pretty much every online game community support staff/managers. Love it!

DeletedUser2884

That's the setting you use to drive backwards in your car, right?

And here you prove why you should not ever be a community manager. A person in your position can never be petty, sarcastic, rude, belittling,
or just a plain JERK to the community you are supposed to support. I hope the paying customers that provide your SALARY take note and stop buying diamonds until such time as a proper community manager can be put in place.

Feel free to offer better suggestions. We'd be very interested in hearing them.

And then Just Ignore them as usual.

I think he is Trumps BS writer

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 106219

Thank you for taking the time the give us answers. A pity this seems like a one-time thing instead of something that will be happening regularly...

A few comments, if I may:
...and it gave you access to the Tournaments feature, which grants loads and loads of advantages in the forum of Relics, Knowledge Points and Rune Shards.
We seem to have VERY different definitions of “advantage”. No, simply having access to tournaments does NOT give any advantage! Actually participating in tournaments could give you an advantage – with a lot of effort and resources spent. But simply having access to something gives no advantage.

To answer your questions:

Yes. But by that time you should have plenty of space in your city to do that, too. The size of the guest races assumes a certain percentage size in your city. While the building is big, removing the Orcs and Goblins settlement building will grant you the space you need. Anything you're short on can be gained within the Chapter. Remember: the first level of the building is not 10x10 yet. Growth goes gradually, as always.
Okay, first of all the Orcs and Goblins settlement is long gone. I am at the end of Woodelves and had dedicated more than 12 Expansions to the settlement buildings. I can dedicate as many as 15 Expansions to the next guest race. Yet just the campus will take 4 of those expansions, and then I have to fit the other buildings AROUND the campus (since there are no streets for the new race). So how many more should I dedicate to the dragons?

The February episode of InnoTV shows that we will get exactly TWO expansions during the next chapter. That's far from enough for anything.

Perhaps, if it's necessary. What would you suggest?
For starter, reduce the Mist Walker's initiative to AT MOST 16. Then either reduce their movement by 1, or their attack range by 1.

Perhaps in the future. At this point there are no immediate plans, because we have other priorities at the moment. It will not be moved out of the city grid, that much is already certain.
So the Magicless Academy will remain a largely useless building. [sarcasm]Great! I am so happy to hear that![/sarcasm]

What are those other priorities, anyway?

Is it a lie that you gained access to the Tournaments that gave you many potential rewards if you participated? No.
See my comment of the beginning of my post. In addition:
Potential rewards are meaningless. It's actually obtained rewards that matter.

The old Wholesaler was not very user-friendly in the amounts that were offered. We wanted to change this to tie into your Main Hall level to allow for packages that would better fit your progress in the game.
That is simply NOT TRUE. Previously I had a choice between three different amounts per good, now I am stuck with one amount that may be several times more than what I actually need. This makes the new version LESS user-friendly than the old version.

We believe this will re-incentivize trading between neighbors and Fellows. Also remember: even a trade with a fee, is still a lot cheaper than the Wholesaler will ever be (and ever was).
Why do you believe trading between neighbors and Fellows needs to be re-incentivized? It was already much better than the Wholesaler. The only advantage the 'Saler has is that it is instant.

Because of the price increase I have reduced the amount of coins I spend buying from the Wholesaler. Because I spend less coins I give less neighbourly help (because I have nothing to spend them on). How does me giving less help to other players help re-incentivize trading between neighbors and Fellows? I honestly don't get it.

If your scouts are that long, you should consider not scouting further for now. The higher the price of a scout for a province, the more difficult the fights and the more expensive negotiations will be. This is tied directly to the costs to scout a province. That's also how the Advanced Scouts help you: they lower the prices for scouts, which in turns lowers the difficulty for a province. Once scouted, the province no longer changes.
If you don't want us scouting – stop giving us reasons to! Examples:
- Endless Excavation gives you extra relics for completing a province. You can't complete a province unless you first scout it
- Enar's Embassy rewards you with Mana for starting a scout
- events require us to scout. One of the first quests in the Valentine's event was “Scout a province”.

The last one is particularly annoying. It has been said numerous times by numerous players that if you don't want us to scout you should not give us quests that leave us with no option but to scout! Give us something else we could do instead.

Building, trading and fighting are all still possible in Elvenar. A few updates ago, we implemented a number of improvements to the visualization of strenghts and weaknesses in battles, which should help you pick the right units for the job for any fight. Have you already given those a try?
As has been said before, your “improvements” make things harder instead of easier, because:
- they hide the actual bonuses the units have, forcing us to waste more time checking out the exact bonuses
- they are outright misleading in some cases
- now we can't even see the actual unit stats – instead we see the info for a whole squad

DeletedUser3032

To be honest apart from replying to questions etc Muf-Muf is just a middleman passing feedback/suggestions onto the rest of the team (devs). Muf-Muf is likely not to know much what is going on in the background until 24hrs before the players are told. So we shouldn't slate as it won't get us anywhere. It's the same with every game community out there. But we all hate the answering questions without an answer. Chances are muf-muf doesn't know the answers anyway.

Would be reassuring to know if Muf-Muf has to compile a report with suggestions/feedback for the devs weekly/daily and then gets feedback from the team on them to pass on to us (if allowed)??? And not just a Yes/Maybe/Never gonna happen answer from them.

@Muf-Muf

Timneh

Artisan
To be honest apart from replying to questions etc Muf-Muf is just a middleman passing feedback/suggestions onto the rest of the team (devs). Muf-Muf is likely not to know much what is going on in the background until 24hrs before the players are told. So we shouldn't slate as it won't get us anywhere. It's the same with every game community out there. But we all hate the answering questions without an answer. Chances are muf-muf doesn't know the answers anyway.

Would be reassuring to know if Muf-Muf has to compile a report with suggestions/feedback for the devs weekly/daily and then gets feedback from the team on them to pass on to us (if allowed)??? And not just a Yes/Maybe/Never gonna happen answer from them.

@Muf-Muf

Unfortunately as the middleman it is his job to take the critisism and then he should go to his team with the info he got. This situation with the wholesaler should be handled (in my opinion) by the development team being told just how much anger there is about it and they should discuss if there are any ways to put it back the way it was and see if something else could be done and NOT just dissmissed as the players feelings being unimportant.

DeletedUser3105

The reply I received concerning the wholesaler stated it was to make the game more user friendly and that the BETA group had requested this via there feedback.
On the BETA forum there is now a petition to revert back to the old wholesaler so it obviously not all BETA players wanted those changes.
We have had one of the more established members of our fellowship quit already. Others are thinking of it.
If the idea was to force players to make trades it has not worked. Trading has not improved and first impressions so far is that trading for goods that I wanted to trade for before the changes is now even more difficult.
In almost every case when I look for a demand for my boosted goods I cannot find anyone requesting my goods or offering what I need for those goods.
The most difficult good to acquire in my opinion is Marble and Crystal. Many players relied on the wholesaler because these goods were unavailable for trade
The wholesaler was also a useful tool when the Main Hall reached maximum capacity and it was necessary to purchase some goods so they could continue with neighborly help. Now the cost of using this tool so you can continue your visit is too expensive. For now on when I reach capacity in the Main Hall I will only spend enough coins to visit those who have visited me already.
The wholesalers also served a very useful purpose by allowing players to overstock in their non boosted basic goods and to a less extent the other types of good. Players therefore were more willing to trade the goods they had purchased in the wholesaler for other goods. The newer version of the wholesalers has all but eliminated this strategy.
In my opinion this change makes me think of what is happening in the US today. Protectionism. Everyone will be holding on to what they have because it will be too expensive to trade with the Wholesaler (Foreigner) so they will need to rely on their own little world. My world is like my felllowship. There are a few people I can trade with but the majority of the players either do not produce what I need or they only produce enough for their own needs. My only alternative to get what I need is now too expensive.
I would not be surprised if I leave the game because it will soon be too frustrating to try and get the goods I need to play. I am noticing that is far more difficult already. My trades were sometimes accepted before I could finish placing all of them. Now I wait for hours and some never get accepted at all. All my trades are 2 and 3 star. That must tell you something

Yes it is true. Trading is at a standstill. Hard to say how much the wait times have increaded when no one is accepting trades for the Basic Goods I used to be able to afford to buy when trades could not fulfill my needs
Thanks Admin.

Edit by Muf-Muf: Merged multiple posts into one.

DeletedUser2622

I appreciate Muf-Muf may be fielding difficult queries to which he/she may not have the answer to, or may have to be passing on an unpalatable truth as to which way the game is heading.

I think Muf-Muf might be experiencing additional negative feedback because he/she comes across in their replies as very passive/aggressive. Perhaps Muf-Muf taking a step back and realising that people are not attacking him/her personally, and moving away from the sarcastic responses would deflate the situation a lot.

DeletedUser2886

Unfortunately as the middleman it is his job to take the critisism and then he should go to his team with the info he got. This situation with the wholesaler should be handled (in my opinion) by the development team being told just how much anger there is about it and they should discuss if there are any ways to put it back the way it was and see if something else could be done and NOT just dissmissed as the players feelings being unimportant.
theres a petition against it apparently and muf muf is still in denial about it. to me its still only one thing that needs to be addressed. I'm stillw aiting for muf mufs reply to my post as well particularly the part where he agreed with me about the game having many issues...and his reply that they are working on it. I want to know what he/she feels is wrong with the game because imo there are lots of people here on the forums and at innogames of course who simply refuse to accept anything is wrong and are in denial

also fixing the wholesaler issue isn't gonna magically bring back all the people that left either. there were and still are other core problems with the game they refuse to fix

I doubt they relay anything unless its what innogames wants to hear. If it was me I agree you apologize to the community and reassure them their sentiments will be passed on (even if they have no intention of passing it on). That's better than just being sarcastic and defending innogames bad decisions. He may as well just have said this:

"there is no point in giving your opinions as Innogames doesn't agree with any of them. So either stfu and get over it, or quit"

DeletedUser3034

What everyone really should keep in mind is that Muf-Muf is a human being. Attacking him, cussing him, casting aspersions on him will, despite his best intentions, will affect what he passes on.

If you want to be heard, and treated seriously and with respect, you must treat the other person in the conversation with respect.

DeletedUser2886

I bet Killiak thinks all these people agreeing with me are all me like they did last time and got some poor bugger removed the forum. Fortunately I don't have to see their replies any more

What everyone really should keep in mind is that Muf-Muf is a human being. Attacking him, cussing him, casting aspersions on him will, despite his best intentions, will affect what he passes on.

If you want to be heard, and treated seriously and with respect, you must treat the other person in the conversation with respect.
Muf muf isn't doing that though. they actually did the opposite in one or two places. that statement works two ways

DeletedUser3034

I, personally don't like the changes to the wholesaler,. However, I do not believe that is to blame for the current problem with trde goods not being available, rather I note that the things you cannot get are tournament required goods, at the moment, everyone wants marble, so any spare evaporates as fast as it's posted.
Would being able to "buy" tons from the wholesaler fix this? I don't honestly know, but it sounds a lot like the situaution when the government started just printing more and more money to cover their debts. We know how that worked out.

DeletedUser2886

I, personally don't like the changes to the wholesaler,. However, I do not believe that is to blame for the current problem with trde goods not being available, rather I note that the things you cannot get are tournament required goods, at the moment, everyone wants marble, so any spare evaporates as fast as it's posted.
Would being able to "buy" tons from the wholesaler fix this? I don't honestly know, but it sounds a lot like the situaution when the government started just printing more and more money to cover their debts. We know how that worked out.
so not counting all the hate towards the wholesaler decision by practically everyone here, you identified another potential problem with tournaments. muf muf refused to accept either as a problem lol yet you're defending that novel, and innogames obviously don't care about their players so how exactly should people respond to that in your opinion? when people are constantly being condescended not everyone feels its appropiate to kiss the ass of a mod. I would say some people are being way more polite than they would want to be honest just to keep things civil

DeletedUser3034

I read every post, suggestion and bug report. Perhaps my memory is faulty, but I cannot recall any thread suggesting the current tournament format is skewing the economy. Without observing it for a longer period of time I'm not saying it is a problem.

Intul it has been presented as a problem, obviously Muf-Muf can't have refused to accept it as one.

Should I be in error on this, feel free to show where the thopught was posed earlier and refused.

DeletedUser2886

@gandolfus if we can not trade for the tournament goods we need to buy them, before this change to the wholesaler that could be done without making yourself bankrupt. You can't do that anymore with the stupid price increases every time you buy something. Without the goods you can't take part in the tourney.
I guess their answer to that will be "oh its ok it resets the following day" lol

I read every post, suggestion and bug report. Perhaps my memory is faulty, but I cannot recall any thread suggesting the current tournament format is skewing the economy. Without observing it for a longer period of time I'm not saying it is a problem.

Intul it has been presented as a problem, obviously Muf-Muf can't have refused to accept it as one.

Should I be in error on this, feel free to show where the thopught was posed earlier and refused.
dude he made a novel of everyones complaints and refused to accept any of them. show me anywhere in that novel where he accepted their complaint as a legitimate problem without a fob off response like "we feel adamant that innogames has made the right decisions". Have you heard the story peter and the wolf? well you see its about this boy that lies and lies until one day he is telling the truth but nobody believes them ("we care" "inngogames reads and addresses your problems and fixes them all in the end" "we are working on it")

also are you seriously implying that you're the only person to think tournaments have an issue? < lol