• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The three Glacier Giants

Deleted User - 495278

I have only been playing a few months and I'm presently in the dwarfs chapter, and have experienced just a few `events' so I am still not hooked. My view is that the tasks are very poorly structured and designed not to be completed without ruining the background game, constantly putting you out of sink.
Do not expand to quickly they say...then throw in discover relics (100+ times)...not bad enough? oh lets throw in solve more encounters and scout a few more provinces...later in the questline adding even more to un necessary expansion....
I read the forum, and wised up pretty quickly, thanks to all that contribute ;) . I want to have fun playing a game, events should be structured to re-kindle interest from doing the everyday progression, they should be a bonus to the player, not about sqeezing even more cash out of them! These events where you can quickly see your not going to be able to complete ( for free ) just make you ask whats the point? Firstly to doing them and secondly to invest further in the game if the attitude from the development team is just give us your money, and not even being subtle in their approach.
I play another online game, where community is king, in fact as players we are constantly pestering the developers to make changes which encourage us to spend real money. When we see poor `value' in game purchases we `try' to get them to see how it would work better. We invest a lot of our time in that game and we want to pay them back...fairly.
Greed and manipulation is a poor way to make a strong `free game', blatently making all the good stuff `pay to play' taking NO account of time the player invests, well Inno really aught to just get rid of the development team , buy a horse, wear a mask and brandish a pistol and go on the road :rolleyes:. Maybe this game was better in the early days, but if these last two events are anything to go by I won't even be starting any more, unless i see it fitting in with the main game, and I'll play for free:p

DeletedUser3542

:( The point is whether it's worth doing in the first place. The rewards need to be worth the effort or people won't bother.

i was going to do it then after weighing it all up i decided i don't need that so i'll just carry on doing what i was doing

kuku6

Adventurer
10 tries and no building and this 25% drop? To get keys for 10 try me complete half tasks and cant get 1 building from 3, seems waste of time this event, sad

Tiriake

Soothsayer
I've been doing quests for this event with slow pace. Although I haven't checked to see excactly what I need to do or have in order to complete this event. I will check eventually, but right now I'm not that worried, maybe I wont be able to finish it or maybe I will. But I refuse to get all twisted over it. So far I have participated in every event and have finished those all. And with every event different quests are tough.

I don't agree with the idea that the only way to finish this event is with diamonds. I haven't bought any diamonds and have finished all previous events. Also this event is the first event since last winter event, where the quest that demands building upgrades is not a problem for me.

Like many others have said the prizes are really not that tempting anymore. Some are good and maybe I'll even place those in my city, but at the same time I have inventory full of buildings that I probably never will place. Because no matter the chapter space is tight. I honestly don't know where I shoudl get the space to build all those extra manufactories...probably shouldn't use my provinces to get an expansion, because I might need those for quests.. I'm currently in haflings chapter and I can't say that I can just expect to breeze through this event. Space is an issue and probably something else will be as well.

I'm also starting to get tired of needing to hold back in order to finish some future event. Like should I upgrade my buildings or should I wait for an event to start and only then upgrade it. Not take provinces , because I might get quest in the furture that need either massive amount of relics or solving encounters. On one hand we are told that if you overscout you are to blame yourself for tougher oponents and yet, we get events where we need to have open provinces in a very short time. Hence we need to scout ahead. Then if you have been listening and not scouted ahead or have conquered the province, you are again to blame for not prepping for a future event. We need massive amount of relics, yet we are not supposed to scout ahead. sure there are tournaments, but they don't run all the time.
And I absolutely hate that I need to have non-boosted manufactories in my city. This goes against everything devs been saying for so long. But I should't be so suprised, because battle "update" + the continued demand for scouting/relics/solving encounters in events shows that whoever is in charge doesn't have a plan in sight.

I got the first linked building with my first try. I guess I was just lucky :) Probably wont ever place it in my city though. Because I don't have the space for it.

DeletedUser702

Given quests away a long time ago only do what pops up in
and around my city. Nothing exciting to go for! Plus I wouldn't
change my city for anything the devs do dish out!! I used to buy
diamonds on a monthly basis, but since no updates are upcoming
my bank account is growing not Innos!! Space is another problem!
I play FoE as well, but it seems this one is run by another boss!?

Timneh

Artisan
Trufsonia states that his/her population was at -2000 ! Why does the game allow such a ridiculous state of being ?

If you have a lot of event buildings that give culture and population you sometimes need to sell those buildings for the space and you therefore lose the population that they gave you. I had that problem when i started woodelves and needed space for Mana producing buildings.
If the game did not allow players to go into minus population it could stop them dead in their tracks.

DeletedUser4816

Day14 on the beta and still no time boosters as daily prize, arent there going to be any in this event?
if so, does this mean u will never put instants/time boosters as daily prizes again?

m4rt1n

Adept
I've been winning instants/time boosters from the spins, some 5 hour and 14 hour ones.

DeletedUser441

If you have a lot of event buildings that give culture and population you sometimes need to sell those buildings for the space and you therefore lose the population that they gave you. I had that problem when i started woodelves and needed space for Mana producing buildings.
If the game did not allow players to go into minus population it could stop them dead in their tracks.
Then the game is idiotic and an insult to peoples intelligence ! If you need space sell a manufactory, workshop or armoury first to gain population before selling buildings that provide population. :rolleyes: I really think that people who have negative population should have their games frozen , or at least have production lowered to the level of population available.. Literally ridiculous !

Lelanya

Mentor
Wow you guys. I am enjoying this event as I do all of them. I am 20 months in and have discovered the easiest way to get the event finished quickly is to add in a few buildings. I try to do real upgrades, always so I am pleased I am not waiting on a new guest race. And yeah I've done a few fake ones in my day. I made it to W/E chapter in my 2 large cities and have every expectation I will finish.

I and my fellows would like to see some quests like polish 20 cities or complete a tournament province. These could be scaled to each player's discovered rings

DeletedUser

Wow you guys. I am enjoying this event as I do all of them. I am 20 months in and have discovered the easiest way to get the event finished quickly is to add in a few buildings. I try to do real upgrades, always so I am pleased I am not waiting on a new guest race. And yeah I've done a few fake ones in my day. I made it to W/E chapter in my 2 large cities and have every expectation I will finish.

I and my fellows would like to see some quests like polish 20 cities or complete a tournament province. These could be scaled to each player's discovered rings
I've been playing for nearly 2.5 years and have been stuck every time before a new guest race comes in - while events seem good we've had rather a lot of them in a short space of time, we had Eladrasil's Ascending and the Hallowe'en events virtually back to back, followed very closely by the Fellowship Adventures and now this one... its far too much in a short space of time. For me the challenge in a city building game is to make every square count for as much as possible and building all these tiny workshops and/or unboosted goods buildings isn't a good use of space IMHO.

I've cleared 367 provinces and am still scouting but not clearing while I wait for the next guest race to come, on the one hand we're told that we've scouted too far and on the other hand we have an event to scout 1 province with no other option available, it seems to me that Inno's right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.

The event reward buildings don't match what I can put into my city myself as we all need mana once we reach woodelves, and I don't want the hybrid culture buildings (culture+?) because people polish them, I'd far rather end up with a small 1 x ? or ? x 1 which isn't polishable, although that's the last thing I want to get out of the prizes for keys.

Come on Inno, stop with the Scout 1 province, 50 beverages etc and put in some things which are more meaningful - you want us to visit our neighbours then ask us to visit 10 neighbours or whatever, you want us to use the trader then have quests for doing just that. Don't just trot out the same quests time after time regardless of what is said on all the forums.

Lelanya

Mentor
I've been playing for nearly 2.5 years and have been stuck every time before a new guest race comes in - while events seem good we've had rather a lot of them in a short space of time, we had Eladrasil's Ascending and the Hallowe'en events virtually back to back, followed very closely by the Fellowship Adventures and now this one... its far too much in a short space of time. For me the challenge in a city building game is to make every square count for as much as possible and building all these tiny workshops and/or unboosted goods buildings isn't a good use of space IMHO.
I agree with you there! I am starting to wonder if I ought to find a permanent home for my non boosted factories.

m4rt1n

Adept
I keep getting the double day pop up every time I do anything in the game and have refreshed twice now. It's still happening and is rather annoying.

DeletedUser3781

Then the game is idiotic and an insult to peoples intelligence ! If you need space sell a manufactory, workshop or armoury first to gain population before selling buildings that provide population. :rolleyes: I really think that people who have negative population should have their games frozen , or at least have production lowered to the level of population available.. Literally ridiculous !
Look, maybe I am an evil capitalist and I sold those poor people houses, but they still love my city so much they want to live here, so they sleep in their workplaces. When I'll build some new apartments, however, they will be first to take them instead of new people.
At least that's how I like to think about it :cool:

DeletedUser441

Lack of population is not the same as lack of accommodation. :rolleyes:

Timneh

Artisan
Brienne what you need to remember is that when a player goes into negative population they then need to replace those people before they can upgrade any workshops or manufactories. If they went into negative by selling pop/cult buildings to make room for mana buildings they then also need to find space for residences to replace the population they lost and to upgrade them which can take a fair amount of time. I don't think players go into negative population for the fun of it but more because they need to. It is not a good situation to be in because you need to replace the lost pop and more before you can go further in your game. To be honest i think you are better if you can avoid going into negative, just try not to have too many pop/cult buildings from events in your city. Thats the way i see it anyway.

DeletedUser3781

Lack of population is not the same as lack of accommodation.
Only that in this game you gain population by building accommodation, and you go into negative pop numbers by selling houses, not people :)

DeletedUser3185

I haven't got an inch of space left, so can't build non boosted manufactories. And I haven't got any buildings to upgrade - so that's the end of the quest for me :(

DeletedUser441

Brienne what you need to remember is that when a player goes into negative population they then need to replace those people before they can upgrade any workshops or manufactories. If they went into negative by selling pop/cult buildings to make room for mana buildings they then also need to find space for residences to replace the population they lost and to upgrade them which can take a fair amount of time. I don't think players go into negative population for the fun of it but more because they need to. It is not a good situation to be in because you need to replace the lost pop and more before you can go further in your game. To be honest i think you are better if you can avoid going into negative, just try not to have too many pop/cult buildings from events in your city. Thats the way i see it anyway.
If I need to lower my population I will sell a manufactory first , then sell a culture building/residence and if I can later regain the population I rebuild the manufactory. :) That's why I'm so peeved ! :( :mad: More fool me , I suppose.
I also have most of the event buildings built (all except the third in each) so space in my city is at a premium. (literally , and I can't afford a premium expansion at £40.00 )

Last edited by a moderator: