• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The three Glacier Giants

DeletedUser3781

Yeah, the rest is not at the end of the tech tree and can just research a technology can't they :cool:

Deleted User - 106219

Yeah, the rest is not at the end of the tech tree and can just research a technology can't they :cool:
Nope. Players that have not reached Orcs simply CAN'T upgrade a building to level 20 (in Fairies the max is 19, in Dwarves the max is 17). In the second half of Dwarves it is really easy to get tech locked due to not enough Granite, and in Fairies things are only slightly better (it is still easy to get tech locked in the second half of Fairies). This can leave players stuck on quest 39 for 2-3 days (or even longer, in some cases).

All of that was already explained in detail during the previous major event (Eldrasil), yet nothing was done about it. :(

DeletedUser3781

Nope. Players that have not reached Orcs simply CAN'T upgrade a building to level 20 (in Fairies the max is 19, in Dwarves the max is 17). In the second half of Dwarves it is really easy to get tech locked due to not enough Granite, and in Fairies things are only slightly better (it is still easy to get tech locked in the second half of Fairies). This can leave players stuck on quest 39 for 2-3 days (or even longer, in some cases).
So, they will be stuck for some time, not forever. Thezza said
Well, congratulations Inno...another total waste of time...No. 39..Research 1 Technology or Upgrade 1 building to lvl 20...er...em.....how do I do that??? no Technology available because you refuse to release the new Chapter, all my buildings upgraded to their max...this is just ridiculous. I am getting to thepoint now where I am just going to call it a day.
which seemed to suggest to me s/he says it's impossible to complete that quest. And I'm just pointing out it's not impossible, only uncomfortable.

DeletedUser

I've given up with the event, really can't be bothered with it, bit by bit this game is becoming something that I don't want to be spending time on.

I saw somewhere, can't remember where, that the reason for delaying the next guest race is so that more people will be in Halflings by the time its released, I can see that the longer we wait the more people will have reached Halflings, but what about the people who have been waiting for months for the guest race to be released, what about those who have quit because having 3 events and a FS adventure doesn't compensate for no guest race - I'm sure that some people are enjoying the event, but 100 quests in 35 days? No thanks.

DeletedUser3889

It's really annoying that we get significantly less rewards for completing the same quests we did for earlier events. I'm not asking for prices to be free, we should work for them of course, but getting 16 keys for 2 toolboxes (a whole day, if you don't cash) while we try to refresh and click on the melted keys.
I mean...? First I looked at this event and the combined building price seemed really nice even though for a small player like me this will be impossible to reach. And I still haven't gotten any prizes from the dailies either. None. Imagine getting useless shards and coin stash fillers for 140 frozen keys that I collected for multiple days. What's going on? Isn't there supposed to be some kind of rewarding in a game for a player's efforts, time and determination?

Is this how future events will be? No one will bother after some time. i certainly won't if you will only favor cash people and giants.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
[...]Is this how future events will be? No one will bother after some time. i certainly won't if you will only favor cash people and giants.
True... I usually miss no event because I'm in front of a computer 16h/D, no matter where I am, but this time, for the first time, I skipped the Halloween one not to waste too much scouted provinces because the rewards weren't usefull for me and to save them for this event (I need more than 70h for each) and some of my fellows did it too... and some noticed me they will probably skip this event too...

DeletedUser3889

True... I usually miss no event because I'm in front of a computer 16h/D, no matter where I am, but this time, for the first time, I skipped the Halloween one not to waste too much scouted provinces because the rewards weren't usefull for me and to save them for this event (I need more than 70h for each) and some of my fellows did it too... and some noticed me they will probably skip this event too...

I also skipped the Halloween event, it was kinda clear I wouldn't advance nearly enough to get a decent prize very early on, so I wanted to throw all in for this one and do it as best I can but so far it's been frustratingly slow process with NO rewards. None. I understand working for something in a video game to get further ahead (lel Dark Souls or Witcher, or anything really) but after focusing on a series of tasks for days on days, please don't tell me all that time should be wasted. If it's a waste, there is no reason to play. I love the game, I love the dynamics but this event and even the last one, the fellowship tournaments too, they all seem to favour the giant players and the cash-shoppers. Not fun for us regulars.

Elvenar team/Innogames must decide soon if they go with the "small player base but all cash" or "large player base and wider scale of income ranges" tactics. again, I'm a linguist and even I understand this.

DeletedUser3182

It's really annoying that we get significantly less rewards for completing the same quests we did for earlier events. I'm not asking for prices to be free, we should work for them of course, but getting 16 keys for 2 toolboxes (a whole day, if you don't cash) while we try to refresh and click on the melted keys.
I mean...? First I looked at this event and the combined building price seemed really nice even though for a small player like me this will be impossible to reach. And I still haven't gotten any prizes from the dailies either. None. Imagine getting useless shards and coin stash fillers for 140 frozen keys that I collected for multiple days. What's going on? Isn't there supposed to be some kind of rewarding in a game for a player's efforts, time and determination?

Is this how future events will be? No one will bother after some time. i certainly won't if you will only favor cash people and giants.

I have three cities, two of which are in orcs. I have not won a single building between them, even though I've used 2 x 140, 2 x 90 1 x 50 and another 3 x 140 consecutively in both the big cities. I got shards and silly cash instants - after spending a lot of time producing beverages and simple tools and as Ayleid said 'collecting the keys from the previous days. In previous events I usually had at least one building by now - I will not spend money on a game that is blatantly biased towards players spending, on the premise that I might get a building or more likely instants and shards.

This has a childish narrative and very little to commend it. I have to wait 55/72 hours for the scout to end, because I was not paying attention to the list due to having to work. This isn't an event that will be one to remember, sadly it seems that Inno are less interested in players and more in the apps and techie nerdy aspects that appeal to the developers.

DeletedUser3182

So, they will be stuck for some time, not forever. Thezza said

which seemed to suggest to me s/he says it's impossible to complete that quest. And I'm just pointing out it's not impossible, only uncomfortable.

True Trufsonia, not forever, but certainly for the duration of the event, which surely is the point being made.

Also, if a player is stuck in research because they can't complete the requirements for dwarves or fairies, which is why they can't upgrade a resident to level 20, then research won't help them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3781

True Trufsonia, not forever, but certainly for the duration of the event, which surely is the point being made.

Also, if a player is stuck in research because they can't complete the requirements for dwarves or fairies, which is why they can't upgrade a resident to level 20, then research won't help them.

Raising a marbler from 0 to 20 takes about 43 hours, so surely you can do it during the event...
And if someone is stuck with research, well it depends on their build. Surely they can build more guest race facilities if they want to speed it up.
Look, I'm not saying it's a good quest, certainly I would like something more imaginative and I don't get why they changed level requirement for the building (from 14 to 20). I just don't think it's as bad as some people paint it, certainly not impossible to do during the event.

Timneh

Artisan
Raising a marbler from 0 to 20 takes about 43 hours, so surely you can do it during the event...
And if someone is stuck with research, well it depends on their build. Surely they can build more guest race facilities if they want to speed it up.
Look, I'm not saying it's a good quest, certainly I would like something more imaginative and I don't get why they changed level requirement for the building (from 14 to 20). I just don't think it's as bad as some people paint it, certainly not impossible to do during the event.

My personal opinion about events (which some people will not agree with) is that they should be able to be completed without having to build buildings that you don't need just to complete a quest, a lot of players will not have room to build something just for a quest.

A bit more thought needs to go into some of the quests and the people who think up the quests need to try reading the feedback on events to get a bit better idea of which ones work and which ones don't. They keep asking us for feedback but never seem to act on it.
I didn't do Halloween event, i'm not doing this one and i doubt i will do any future ones either unless they improve the rewards and make the quests more sensible.

DeletedUser38

How many buildings are a party of the set and why do mine not look like the ones in the image?

m4rt1n

Adept
So much for the first set building today that I have been saving for, 5x 140 spins and 4x 50 spins and just loads of instants and a few rune shards. :mad::(

m4rt1n

Adept
So much for the first set building today that I have been saving for, 5x 140 spins and 4x 50 spins and just loads of instants and a few rune shards. :mad::(

After a wait of over an hour, a couple of game refreshes, and a risk of a 90 spin or 2x 50 spins, I went for broke without spending any real money, spun 1x 90 spin and got the first of the 4 set buildings. :D:cool::rolleyes:

DeletedUser3889

Trufsonia is a player being 629th on the ranking list. Again, a giant player believing everything is possible when they are already on the top of a ladder, I'm not blaming you for anything, don't misunderstand me, and I was really impressed by your city, but this is exactly the attitude the Elvenar developer team wants you to have. If a player is too small, or still learns about the game mechanics, well, boo, "git gud". That's not helping. That's only causing bitterness and loss of motivation, the feeling of, "well, I tried and I still didn't get anything for all my efforts, why should I even bother?" This will only cause people to give up easily in future events because "ooooh, another event, let's try! I'll do my best, be smart and save up things, build extra manufactories and workshops!" ---> few days or a week later: "well, another event for the big players and cash shoppers, how original. wow."

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just saying not everyone has the same amount of time, resources and space. Not to mention that I have no idea when that "lvl 20" upgrade is going to arrive in my questline, I'm not even at dwarves yet and I certainly can't upgrade anymore.

I wish they had more of those types of tasks when you should like, "help X amount of players" or "accept trades", "post trades", "have X amount of residence" according to your level, or "research a technology or pay X coins", "finish 2 provinces or unlock extra space for your city" I mean? I have lots of fun tasks in mind instead of the highly frustrating and useless "produce something that lasts for 2 days or buy the time-magic scroll and be done with it." Why does this have to be about us gambling and wasting time? Yeah I said it. I'm bitter because I really, really prepared everything I could for this event, built extra manufacturies from everything, saved up lots of resources, saved up lots of time and supply magic scrolls, I was really intending to be strategic and smart about it. And it's not. working. On top of the EA scandal, I was hoping Innogames wouldn't go with the gambling element much longer, OR would make it more INNOvative and creative. Again, the developers should feel free and take my ideas and implement them in the next event because I'm really sick of all events being "produce something for two days or buy the magic scroll" and "upgrade a building to lvl X and waste 13-15 hours doing that OR buy the magic scroll" OR "gain 3 enchantments/5645684 relics and we will program the game so even if you visit 50 neighbors and 24 FS members you won't get a single relic or enchantment ;) ;) ;) because we're so nice. OR buy the diamonds/time scrolls to make it faster"

What is even going on :D :D :D Please take my critique with a pinch of salt. I loved the summer event. That was my favourite so far. Why? Because I actually had a chance at winning the grand prizes and the quests were MUCH MUCH better.

Thank you for reading and I hope I could give some constructive answers to the developers. I'm trying to be constructive and I do not mean to be rude in any case. I apologise for my harsh manners, I'm annoyed and I am passionate about my tiny city.

DeletedUser3781

Again, a giant player believing everything is possible when they are already on the top of a ladder
I didn't do the Halloween event. It was impossible for me since I was at -2000 pop at that time. And a year ago during the winter event I was in chapter 3/4. That was my first real event, 'cause I started playing during the Halloween last year and had no chance of completing it. And I was okay with it, since I was just starting and I didn't know my left from right. I remember how it is.
I also remember scouting times for small players are very low compared to the big players. Some tasks are easier for one group of players, and some are easier for the other one.
Yeah I said it. I'm bitter because I really, really prepared everything I could for this event, built extra manufactories from everything, saved up lots of resources, saved up lots of time and supply magic scrolls, I was really intending to be strategic and smart about it.
If you prepared, you either knew you will need to research a technology or you could expect it. So, you could left some tech unlocked for that quest, or you could think how to get resources for it faster. If you're not in dwarves it shouldn't be so hard, since you don't even need the guest race goods.
I wish they had more of those types of tasks when you should like, "help X amount of players" or "accept trades", "post trades", "have X amount of residence"
Yeah, it would be cool. Certainly those quests we have now are very repetitive and boring.
"finish 2 provinces or unlock extra space for your city"
This could be impossible for some people who are not yet in orcs but scouted to eleventh ring, in which you have to pay orcs in negotiations. (this time really impossible for the duration of the event actually :) ) . So going against your purpose I suppose.

DeletedUser5037

Like a number of people who post here, I haven't given this (or the Halloween) event any notice. It's such a shame as I have completed EVERY event for two and a half years prior to these two! I have three pages of useless buildings in my inventory to prove it! ^_^

Also, looking at the "set" buildings, I currently do not have the space to build them or the money/keys to acquire them. I do, however, thank Innogames for introducing them to Elvenar, but it's just not for me... for now. Maybe if they are available via DIAMONDS in the future, then I might consider them, but the emphasis is on "might". For now, good tidings to players who have, and will build, the event buildings!

Lastly, I must say that I would like the new "guest race" to be implemented... even if it means stalling for months due to not enough of us trading the "guest goods"... ie; I desperately need another "Advanced Scout" to reduce my negotiation costs! ^_^

Ciao for now,
- Faldorin (yes, I can speak English very well... I learn it from a book!)

DeletedUser441

Trufsonia states that his/her population was at -2000 ! Why does the game allow such a ridiculous state of being ? :confused::confused::confused::confused::(