• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The three Glacier Giants

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the Three Glacier Giants event.

We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser791

Upfront: the design of the rewards is stunning! Big props to the designers for making these stunningly beautiful buildings.

Unfortunately, I only will build one of them. The building stats suck. And set buildings...oh gosh, what a bad idea.

Here's why:

The 2-big arguments against set buildings:
  1. the game in general is about maximising return of resources and ranking points per space. Getting a set of 4 buildings that only maximise their full potential if I add all 4 (of which 3 are useless for high ranking players) is just so counterintuitive to that concept.
  2. Quest reward buildings don't give any ranking points. I'm not going to delete any of my buildings that give ranking points just to have set buildings that help me collect resources that I have built an inflationary stock of anyways. At top rankings, I want to maximise ranking points per square. Quest rewards don't help at all. I'm only going to add them if they provide extraordinary population per square or culture per square (which none of these do). I don't get the concept of a huge junk of building, which don't do any good for rankings.
Other argument:
  • I understand that only 1 of the 4 set buildings is a grand price. This means that all other 3 set buildings are daily rewards. That then means that if you have either bad luck or not enough Frozen Keys on the days that these rewards are available, you're missing not only 1 set building but suddenly linked bonuses for all your other set buildings.
    It makes complete sense though from a monetisation point of view: make people want remaining set buildings so hard that they spend extra money on getting them, if they haven't collect sufficient Frozen Keys.
I like Inno trying new ideas. But set buildings should have never made it beyond Beta on Live servers.

DeletedUser3535

Also in game where space is very important and each few weeks or months you have to reorganize city to fit all buildings, because some changed size, 4 building set is very unhappy thing

Pauly7

Magus
It's good that Inno seem to have listened to the masses (abeit silently) and have not made it compulsary to complete provinces. It is unfortunate (from my perspective at least) that the alternative option is buying KP, which is the other part of the game that needs to be reined in and kept under control. I'm trying really hard not to buy any more KP because it has got so expensive. As an extra tweak to the change it would be good if you could do a combination of the two which I presume, like previous quests, is not an option.

I don't suppose anyone can make my day and tell me that there is a cap on how expensive KP gets? If I knew, for example, that once it gets up to 500k for 1KP that it wasn't going to get any more expensive than that then I could probably carry on doing what I am doing.

DeletedUser

We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Quite enjoying this Event in Beta, and since I don't give a rat's behind about ranking points, I'm building everything I manage to get. I love the set buildings we have in Forge of Empires, thrilled to see them here finally (bit surprised it's taken as long as it has). While there are quests in the Event that annoy me, as usual, I can't complain, because it's free stuff, and if it's free, it's for me. :D

So, thanks much. ;)

DeletedUser441

All right now , with a Little bit of Love using the Wishing Well ; My Brother Jake , the Hunter , will be my friend and Sail on in a magic ship, like a Travelling Man and meet Mr Big and free me from that Wild Indian Woman ,the woman by the sea. :D 13 track titles , all Free. :D

Killiak

Artisan
The space needed for the set is rather large, whereas the production/culture/pop etc it gives are mediocre AT BEST. For me personally, it's not even remotely worth it.

For most players, they can make much more efficient use of the space, not to mention the fact that placing the set and connecting them to eachother properly is/can be tricky as well.

It's a nice idea, I suppose, but there is absolutely nothing motivating me to get them.

DeletedUser4528

When you have these Set Buildings, as long as they are touching each other, only one of them needs a path to the main hall. In effect they act like one building.

Deleted User - 13667

Anyone with the entire quest list to share?:)

It does help non-diamond users alot

Killiak

Artisan
Not yet, as the event has yet to be concluded on Beta.

But I suppose you can either find it there or on gamer gems.

Deleted User - 399667

wont even be starting this one ... first .. gaining relics is stupid .. specialy when ya have to gain 50 for one quest part .. .. also i cant upgrade building past level 17 .. so thats out the window too .. and researching is out the window since i need tons of granite and cant produce alot ... .. buying kp is out also since it will take away my hard earned coins and resources i need for future upgrades once i get space which is hard since i cant scout easily or do provinces without spending all my resources ..if they get rid of the gain relics and researching stuff or upgradeing buildings or buying kp then i think everyone would be able to join in ... i see only top level players actualy finishing or people who can buy diamonds for the keys .... .. wish i could get rid of the quest windows