• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The three Glacier Giants

Timneh

Artisan
There is no relation between the quest and the reward. Some quests are easy, some are tough, some are quick, some are slow.

Then why do the rewards get better for the harder quests in the main event quest line ? Just seems to be wrong to get the same reward for a quest that requires double the amount of troops/goods that was needed in an earlier quest. At least thats my thoughts on it. Some may agree and some may disagree.

Pauly7

Magus
I have to say, to Inno's credit, that following lots of complaints in recent quests about the stats of prizes, that the daily prize on the final day looks amongst the best, if not the best since I've been playing this game. I think that the third grand prize is also something that's well worth having, so thanks, Inno, for making things better in this regard.

It's a pity for me that I think both of these two things are so ugly and not in keeping with how the rest of the city looks (the second bit applies to all prizes in this quest), particularly the Candy Cane Tree, that I could never consider building them... but that doesn't really take away from the point of my post.

m4rt1n

Adept
So saved up keys and had about 20 spins in total until I ran out and no final set building. The odds of getting the full set seem very unfair in my opinion. :-(

DeletedUser5319

i got it on my first one :X Its just pure RNG

I wanted that frozen ship with the Population + culture had 3-6 rolls and nothing.

YOU WIN SOME YOU LOOSE SOME

m4rt1n

Adept
The received email does imply though that 1 of each of the 4 set buildings will max out each building and that contradicts the set building info here https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/set-buildings

Looking at how they work and a discussion with fellows, we either are optimistic that 4 together will work as a full 3x set, or inno made a mistake that will end in lots of complaints. The way they have to touch each other makes me sadly afraid that the latter will be true.

Posted by me on December 14th, seems the set buildings do NOT give 3x bonus if all 4 are collected, only 2 can possibly get a 3x bonus with the other 2 getting 2x bonus, however depending on how you arrange them you can choose which 2 get the 3x bonus.

DeletedUser441

The production levels of the set buildings are really not worth the space the buildings take up ! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4947

So saved up keys and had about 20 spins in total until I ran out and no final set building. The odds of getting the full set seem very unfair in my opinion. :-(
I got precisely NONE of the buildings in the entire event, on 3 servers. Zero. Plus, I'm low level, so getting keys is kinda a long winded process for me. I wanted today's building, so I really saved up for it... and I got.. 6x Gold boosters. 2x KP (I'm already tech locked), 1 Rune.
Yeah, I'm miffed. Next event? Not doing anything.
In fact, I'm close to just ditching the entire game.

m4rt1n

Adept
You just need a system. But honestly I never allow myself more than 3 unsuccessful tries before logging out and back in

I did a very similar thing, and just ended up with loads of boosters, kp and runes.

DeletedUser5338

Posted by me on December 14th, seems the set buildings do NOT give 3x bonus if all 4 are collected, only 2 can possibly get a 3x bonus with the other 2 getting 2x bonus, however depending on how you arrange them you can choose which 2 get the 3x bonus.
But Gamersgemsofknowledge.com is not an official source, whereas the email is. So shouldn't the email be leading?

KermitsDad

Alchemist
Produce Beverages 75 times..... My feelings : ( Mod Edit: )

Are you dev guys really so incapable of providing something interesting for players to do ?
Clearly it's time you were retired and some new blood brought in.

Killiak

Artisan
In fact, I'm close to just ditching the entire game.

The events are rather irrelevant when it comes to the long term play and the rewards are often too weak to care about. Occasionally there is a nice (useful) building. The only real reason to be serious about events is for the appearance of buildings.

So if you can take a step back from the events, it makes for a more enjoyable experience. *drops 2 cents*

DeletedUser5436

Why are people complaining?

Because if they don't, they'll explode.

I have cities that have gotten only runes, KP, and boosts, and cities than have gotten quite a few of the buildings. It's all random, but people expect to get what they want every time they try. If they don't, they complain that it's rigged. It's human nature. This is what gambling is, it's the luck of the draw. If it wasn't, it'd be "log in and collect your prizes". And even then people would still complain.

DeletedUser5319

Produce Beverages 75 times..... My feelings :

Are you dev guys really so incapable of providing something interesting for players to do ?
Clearly it's time you were retired and some new blood brought in.

What quests do you offer players in your game?

OH WAIT!

DeletedUser5494

can i get rid of the granite miles now i done with the Dwarven now on to fairies but need room

DeletedUser441

If you've finished all the researches that need Dwarven goods , then yes.

cwgiii

Shaman
dragon111: You can get rid of your Dwarven buildings once you enter the Fairies chapter.

Be aware that there is a quest in the Fairies quest line to do such (I believe it is the 2nd one in queue), but it is decline-able. So, it will not mess you up if you have completed it early.

Spoiler alert:
I find the following site very helpful in researching such questions:
www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com