• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Killiak

Artisan
Loads of players see it as a penalty, then calculated it out to PROVE it is a penalty, but the devs then say "nah, it ain't a penalty."
And thus players leave.

Way to go, truly on top of your game. *sarcastic slow clap*

that sounds like terrible news, so our enemys are gonna get stronger soon, while we have to wait at least a year before we can counter them. At that is for those who are lucky enough to be end tech. If you're like only in chapter 4 then you just have to accept harder enemies till like forever.

If only the players would get the 4-star, then I would approve.
But, it's Inno, so I have zero faith in this actually working in our favor.

Sir Derf

Adept
Stop me if I'm wrong, but in the past, stronger enemies were encountered when you entered new chapters. And in those chapters, you would get stronger fighters of your own. Now, those increases might not match, but isn't that the pattern it's gone in before?

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Stop me if I'm wrong, but in the past, stronger enemies were encountered when you entered new chapters.
I would not bet on that completely.
Tourney: tent 1 to 5: 1 star opponents
6 to 10: 2 star opponents
11 and above: 3 star opponents
irrespective of the chapter you are in. Plenty scope to add 4 star opponents.

Jackluyt

Shaman
FROM BETA - NEW SPIRE REWARDS NEXT WEEK - INCLUDING PHOENIX ARTIFACTS!!

130930650_10218190876383996_446192620728317827_n.jpg

Dear Humans and Elves,
With our next Spire of Eternity, starting on Sunday, December 13th, we will be making some changes to the rewards that can be obtained from the Spire of Eternity on Beta, available for a limited time of several weeks, and include: Overall

• The Moonstone Library building set is removed from the Spire of Eternity's reward pool, and Phoenix Artifacts are added as the new main reward. These Artifacts can be used to evolve any Storm, Fire, and Aureate Phoenixes. For those who do not already own those buildings (either in the City or the Inventory), their Stage 1 version can be obtained through Crafting in the Magic Academy.
  • For players in Chapters 3 to 5, we are exchanging the Portal Profit 10% Instants with Supply Windfall 50% Instants, as Portal Profit only becomes useful from Chapter 6 on. The same change is applied for Portal Profits 15%, 25%, and 50%, to be replaced with Supply Windfall 100%.
Reward chests
  • Supply Windfall Instants 20% are added in several chests.
  • Phoenix Artifacts are added in several chests.
Mystery chests
  • Coin Rain 20% and Supply Windfall 20% are added in Rare chests.
  • Booster 8h Instants are added in Epic chests.
  • The Epic and Legendary chests will contain a Phoenix Artifact.
We are currently looking to keep this new set of rewards available for 6 weeks, but we also want to keep our options open and may extend it beyond that time period, or make further changes before that. We will of course inform you about the changes we're making.
We're looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this. Please leave your comments in our discussion thread!
Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

My comment: Wonderful, positive change!
Now how about giving away artifact fragments, so that when we have collected enough of them we can craft an artifact for any building?
Also a weekly mystery prize would be great!!
:)

Pauly7

Magus
My comment: Negative change for any established players who already have upgraded Phoenixes. They've effectively removed the Library Set, but not replaced it with anything meaningful. It's also a really negative change for anyone in chapters 3-5. This is exactly the time people want PPs, but they no longer get them. Anyone in later chapters who is sick of the site of those spells will still be getting them in abundance.

Hekata

Artisan
Negative change for any established players who already have upgraded Phoenixes.
It's supposed to only be for 6 weeks and we'll probably get the new set after that. Might not even get an artifact in those 6 weeks. Plus it replaces the library, so basically also a prize that established players don't need that much.
Personalty I'm ok with this change I want to upgrade my duck-phoenix so it can join it's cousins and I'm 7 artifacts short :)

For those of us used to colours rather than names: the epic and legendary chests, are those the yellow/gold and purple ones?

Edit: And what will be in the 1st level big boss chest instead of the library?
Edit2: never mind, I found it, it's also artifacts, in all big-boss chests :)

Last edited:

Deleted User - 1759805

I would not bet on that completely.
Tourney: tent 1 to 5: 1 star opponents
6 to 10: 2 star opponents
11 and above: 3 star opponents
I wouldn't bet on that at all because as you pointed out, new enemies were never coming due to entering new chapters. They always came once you reached a certain province. So even in chapter 1 if you reach province 11 you'll be facing 3* enemies. So in all likelihood province 16 and above will switch to 4* enemies regardless of your chapter.

Pauly7

Magus
It's supposed to only be for 6 weeks and we'll probably get the new set after that. Might not even get an artifact in those 6 weeks. Plus it replaces the library, so basically also a prize that established players don't need that much.
Personalty I'm ok with this change I want to upgrade my duck-phoenix so it can join it's cousins and I'm 7 artifacts short :)
Don't get me wrong I will happily finish off upgrading my duck, if I can, but for many established players they are just removing something and replacing it with junk. They are tight-lipped about what happens after 6 weeks. If they have a new set, then why not release it all together?

I am glad for people who can now build or upgrade Fire Phoenixes who missed out before, or who weren't playing back then, but to me it just looks like a nerf aimed at the biggest players and we know how that goes down.

I'm also continually annoyed by their ham-fisted attempts to describe something as a benefit which is a nerf. I'm referring to taking PPs away from people in chapter 3-5. There's only one reason they have done that and that's to slow down people's progress by taking them away from the people who actually want them. People in later chapters have been crying out to stop being given PPs, but of course nothing will change for them.

Hekata

Artisan
f they have a new set, then why not release it all together?
Because they want the Phoenix artifacts to be there for a limited time only, to get the newer players pushing after them and give them max chances to get them and then they will remove them and put parts of the new set where the old ones were. At least that's how I see it.
They are tight-lipped about what happens after 6 weeks.
So what's new? They never announce what's coming next, that interview with the product manager was the only case where they have announced something and as you see they have actually announced it less than a week before it hit beta.

DeletedUser10688

Brilliant... I am playing spire mainly to collect moonstone library set (replace, collect, etc.), it is a key element which I enjoy. Considering poor events, at least spire set gives some decent rewards and there are many ways to modify this set. Evolves can be addressed in other ways, for instance, creating fragments similar to universal evolves which can be used towards evolving any buildings, etc. and offering them as a complementary prize in extra mystery chests. But if spire will be modified to remove evolving buildings, I will stop bothering with this feature for good in a same way like with going extra hard on tournaments :) not worth my time and effort. It looks like Elvenar is becoming a game of struggle with everyday life here... sad.

Pauly7

Magus
Because they want the Phoenix artifacts to be there for a limited time only, to get the newer players pushing after them and give them max chances to get them and then they will remove them and put parts of the new set where the old ones were. At least that's how I see it.
If that's the case then that doesn't seem half so bad. I can get on board with a little 6 week period of people getting their Phoenixes boosted if they are then about to unveil the actual replacement for the library set.

Looking at the percentages it's actually quite feasible that someone could win 9 artefacts from a 6 week period if they go to the top each week.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Stop me if I'm wrong, but in the past, stronger enemies were encountered when you entered new chapters. And in those chapters, you would get stronger fighters of your own. Now, those increases might not match, but isn't that the pattern it's gone in before?
Not really, it got released when a new chapter was added that introduced that unit.

Example frog prince (3* version) did not show up in game untill the contructs where released. Once that chapter was released all players in all chapters who went to province 9? Or above would start encountering the from prince.

DeletedUser10688

Looking at the percentages it's actually quite feasible that someone could win 9 artefacts from a 6 week period if they go to the top each week.

Do not agree with this statement... Can you tell me please, how many smaller players will be able to do all maps all 6 weeks in a row? It is easy to do when you have fully evolved phoenix, otherwise it means you must pay with diamonds. And even then considering how odds ''play out'' in this game, I would not expect to get a full set even if I do all maps over this period of time. Example, Magic Workshop - it is there as a reward, but it is extremely rare reward. Deliberate design decision?

It might look nice from advanced player's perspective, at lower chapters there are other challenges now. I would argue that changes to this game made things difficult for all players. Why not to make them even more difficult with the spire? Just to give an example, with new format of tournaments it takes ages to collect relics for a full boost to produce goods and troops are so weak, that it does not worth using them from the middle of the spire probably.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
So... I've replaced my Coldfire Phoenix artifacts with regular Phoenix artifacts at a 2:1 rate for nothing?? Had I known they were going to hand out Phoenix artifacts like candy, I would've held on to my Coldfire Phoenix artifacts!!

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Beta by its very nature is for Beta information, rather than from other Forums.
Please keep the discussion about this post to the dedicated thread linked to it.
@Silmaril, we often get some info about upcoming features in the game that some players get from the game files. We can find them on various forums including Beta, so I was wondering if we can share and talk about those info in this thread (since it's already labelled with spoilers) or do we leave this only for the things that have officially hit BETA and we can start another thread for this other kind of news?
You can always post it in the thread I once made that's called "News from other forums", a mod or CM could add a "contains potential spoilers"-message to the title of the thread if they feel that's necessary, as I am unable to edit the title myself somehow...

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Do not agree with this statement... Can you tell me please, how many smaller players will be able to do all maps all 6 weeks in a row? It is easy to do when you have fully evolved phoenix, otherwise it means you must pay with diamonds. And even then considering how odds ''play out'' in this game, I would not expect to get a full set even if I do all maps over this period of time. Example, Magic Workshop - it is there as a reward, but it is extremely rare reward. Deliberate design decision?

It might look nice from advanced player's perspective, at lower chapters there are other challenges now. I would argue that changes to this game made things difficult for all players. Why not to make them even more difficult with the spire? Just to give an example, with new format of tournaments it takes ages to collect relics for a full boost to produce goods and troops are so weak, that it does not worth using them from the middle of the spire probably.

You do not need diamonds at all,
I'll play the spire every week without using diamonds,

It's a game of mastermind, you should not pick 5x gold, then 5 times supplies then 5 times steel, pay diamonds 5x wood ect

You should try coins, steel, supplies, coins, wood for example
Then the next try you use another combination of items, with the goal not to solve the puzzle directly but to get the answer in round 3.

DeletedUser10688

Smaller players have fewer types of goods = easier convincing.

Not true, unless player has large amount of manufactories, run them on short cycles, uses MM spells and does not use goods for any other tasks and/or design city to play specifically spire.

My city is in the chapter 4 atm, developed in a normal way, so for me all maps in the spire are out of sight ;) I am not sure to which cohort of players phoenix evolves are inteded, certainly not for players at my size.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
You can always post it in the thread I once made that's called "News from other forums", a mod or CM could add a "contains potential spoilers"-message to the title of the thread if they feel that's necessary, as I am unable to edit the title myself somehow...

Ideally, anything that hasn't gone Live, we would prefer in this Thread, even if it isn't totally Beta Specific, due to it containing potential spoilers However, our CM is in the process of trying to create a Thread that would cater to the information @Hekata has suggested. What we're trying to avoid, is numerous threads containing spoiler info that players (who wish to avoid such things) may stumble across.

It will hopefully be coming soon, it's just with the run up to Christmas and recent event activity, she's been spread a tad thin! It is on her list of priorities though as we're well aware of players need to have a good discussion about things of this nature :)

Deleted User - 341074

Are you sure? Doesn't
A player who is asked for coins, supplies, steel, marble, or planks have an easier puzzle than
A player who is asked for coins, supplies, steel, marble, or planks, or mana, or orcs.

As for planning and designing a city to do well in the spire (or tournament or chapter progress or events) that applies to all cities at all levels.