• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Gargon667

Mentor
Yeah that's true. I forgot that part.

Just buying the currency is a horrific deal, but there's always that special offer that comes in during the last couple of days of the event. I can't remember what it would have been, but much better. It may even have been extra event currency whilst purchasing diamonds.

I didn't imagine you could have done this without spending diamonds, but I didn't think the outlay would be so massive, but perhaps you guys are right. Still... if we are saying you would need an extra 7,800 event currency to get over the line, I'm sure you could've made a dent in this with the MO free currency.

Hmm, 30 feathers instead of 20 does make it another 33% more expensive than I was thinking.

The other element is what was coming out of the three chests. I know the quests weren't unlimited, but things could change in a hurry if you got lucky with the 500 extra currency prize.

Well you are talking about theoretical constructs. Of course if someone had stashed all the MOs from the start of crafting until the first phoenix event they could have had a bunch of them, but nobody did, because prior to the phoenix event there had never been a reason to do so. So this is a theoretical point, not an explanation how people actually got multiple birds.

Same with the theoretical possibilty of winning 500 on a 5% chance every single time. yes possible in theory, but not an explanation how anyone got multiple birds.

All multiple birds in live worlds come from spending real money in large quantities. I think triple digits won´t suffice (unless I forgot an alternate way of getting artifacts), but if someone can show me a believable calculation how it can be done for 500 Euros I will believe that to :) As far as I know the only way is buying primary event currency for horrible deals or buying diamonds on that last day offer, but there you also buy mostly diamonds, so the deal doesn´t get better for event currency, you just get more diamonds with it (I think,if I am off there that might explain a part). But unless there is a way to convert the diamonds into event currency as well you still have to spend the same amount of real money (you only end up with zillions of diamonds)

Pauly7

Magus
But unless there is a way to convert the diamonds into event currency as well you still have to spend the same amount of real money (you only end up with zillions of diamonds
Well technically you can take those diamonds and spend them on more event currency through the conventional option. It's still spending money, but you potentially get double the amount from it.

Gargon667

Mentor
Well technically you can take those diamonds and spend them on more event currency through the conventional option. It's still spending money, but you potentially get double the amount from it.

Absolutely! for some reason I thought that you couldn´t buy event currency with diamonds back then only with real money, but maybe you could. That would explain a bunch... I guess in that case triple digits would suffice to buy multiple birds...

Pauly7

Magus
Absolutely! for some reason I thought that you couldn´t buy event currency with diamonds back then only with real money, but maybe you could. That would explain a bunch... I guess in that case triple digits would suffice to buy multiple birds...
Yeah I can't remember what the figures are. It's not generous, but definitely currency for diamonds... Something like 500 diamonds for 100 currency.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
there are a few ways to get event currency.

1. and offer for free currency at a diamond sale, this happens always once or twice.
2. buy it with diamonds.

In general it's always a 2step, you buy diamonds and then event currency.

Thje only free explanation could be some crazy person with huge wishing well farms, that did not spend it on stuff like expansions and had an insane amound of diamonds saved up.

pre spire, that was the only way to get multiple for free. (on live worlds)

Jackluyt

Shaman
Here is a very good event summary for Winter Event in the Wiki:

All the Event Information is here:
https://tinyurl.com/y5f62ru3

128566471_10218129918780094_2069968137842006136_n.jpg

Hekata

Artisan
Here's something interesting from the Czech forum (not sure why it's only there and not on Beta). It's an interview with the Product Manager of Elvenar.

The 2 interesting information are
1. In 2021 we get new prizes in the Spire
2. They seem to admit that not all Aws have the same benefits for tournaments and are (maybe) considering doing something about it.

You can read the whole interview here, I used google translate and had no problem reading it.
https://cz.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/lukas-product-manager-hry-elvenar.6978/

Edit: Here the whole part about tournaments:

Are there any changes planned in the way the size of the army is calculated? Why should players be disadvantaged when buying premium expansions? And why are they also disadvantaged by the construction of ancient wonders?
We evaluated the tournament data, read the feedback from the players (indeed, we got a lot from the forums thanks to our skillful community managers), introduced some elements of the player's feedback, and understood the impact of the tournament change on the game. The basic goal of the calculation formula is to offer all players a tournament that does not benefit anyone and is also a challenge for everyone. Nevertheless, progress in the game in any form should remain an advantage for players and help them succeed in the tournament. We believe that with the new tournament system, we are closer to this goal than before, when the size of the division depended only on research into the size of the division. In this old system, the top positions in the tournament were simply shared by those who had the most provinces at their disposal.

We understand the frustration of players who, with the new system, score fewer tournament points and receive fewer tournament prizes than before. However, no player should be afraid of further progress. For example, from the analyzes we've done, we don't see that players with more premium expansions do worse than players with fewer. On the contrary, these players continue with significantly better results than the other players being compared. And it's the same with ancient wonders, the progress of the research tree, or common extensions. Of course, there is a discussion about how much better these players should do, but we do not see any "penalty" among the above-mentioned factors, which would unbalance the overall tournament result of the player.

Of course, this does not mean that no further adjustments will come. We will certainly continue to monitor the overall behavior of the tournaments, including the above formula. For example, we already see a weakness of the system in the fact that the impact of the levels of ancient wonders on the pattern is the same for all wonders. We strongly agree that some ancient wonders are more important for tournaments than others, and the formula does not currently take this into account. In addition, we continue to monitor players at the forefront of research to make sure that the cost of the tournament does not become too high at some point. However, the number of these players is quite small and it takes a little longer to obtain statistically significant data for analysis.

Pauly7

Magus
Thanks, @Hekata, for seeking that out. Much of it is the usual flannel, but...

For example, we already see a weakness of the system in the fact that the impact of the levels of ancient wonders on the pattern is the same for all wonders. We strongly agree that some ancient wonders are more important for tournaments than others, and the formula does not currently take this into account.
This is the first time I've ever seen someone connected with Inno admit that there is a problem with AWs in the tournament calculation.

Personally I skimmed over the early paragraphs because I agree with him that the tournaments did need to become more of a competition rather than being based on who had scouted the furthest and I don't care at all how difficult they make the tournaments. 90% of my complaining/whining/campaigning (call it what you will) is based on how the AWs and expansions prevent progress from being made on the game. They keep trying to say this is down to the perception of the individuals, including the statement above, but that's not the case - we have the maths.

The strange part (I don't know if it is in response to something) is he seems to be defending the fact that premium expansions don't make it more difficult than regular expansions. I haven't seen anyone claim that they were. Perhaps that is coming up on the Czech forum.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Many thanks to @Hekata from me, too, for finding and posting this info. I also wonder why this would appear on one Forum and not the rest?
1. In 2021 we get new prizes in the Spire
Interesting - and this seems to confirm the rumours of planned Spire additions/changes which have been circulating for some weeks. I've heard three possibilities (some or all of which may be wrong, of course, as with all rumours): 1. The addition of a new building or buildings similar to the current Moonstone Library Set, but producing different Goods/Resources; 2. Extra Encounters or a new Stage (or more) being added to the Spire itself (and in this regard, I myself would not be surprised, sooner or later, to see the Spire becoming 'endless', as Tourneys are now - that is, limited only by one's willingness to spend Resources and/or Diamonds on it); and 3. Some kind of ability to earn Artifacts (whether complete or in the form of 'Artifact Fragments', as some players have suggested), either for Phoenix buildings only (as the rumour I heard seemed to imply), or for other or even all Evolving Buildings (so presumably, in that case, some kind of 'Universal Artifact', even though this idea has, so far, not so been popular with Inno).

While Spire fans will no doubt be very pleased about both the official and unofficial information we currently have on this subject, I myself am not at all happy about the increasingly central - arguably unavoidable - position which the Spire is assuming within the game. Not only am I very unlucky when it comes to winning anything worth the time, effort, and Resources the Spire demands, but at my stage in the game (approaching halfway through Ch. VIII), I am in a sort of No Man's Land when it comes to the Spire. My Elven City is neither early/small enough to have low/reasonable Spire Diplomacy costs and Squad Sizes (as well as sub-3* Enemy Units, which is a very significant factor), nor is it late/large enough to be able to cope with high Diplomacy costs and/or large Squad Sizes comprising all-3* Enemy Units - which I started to see once I entered Ch. VIII, even though I have none of the advanced Mercenary Camp Units which are essential (or at least very useful indeed) in successfully opposing these 3* Enemy Units.

I regard the Spire as at best a Resource sink, and at worst a net loss of Diamonds more often than not, since I have to use Diplomacy far more often than I would like (due to aforesaid lack of late-game 3* Units), and it only takes 5 or 6 unlucky attempts at Diplomacy (combined with infrequent Diamond prizes in those Encounters which offer them) for the end-of-Spire reward Diamonds to be less than what I have spent in earning them. And this being the case - at least until I have access to decent late-game Units - I personally am not pleased to anticipate even more of the game's best rewards being gated behind the Spire. As they say, though, and based upon the pro-Spire posts which I often read on this Forum: YMMV.

For example, we already see a weakness of the system in the fact that the impact of the levels of ancient wonders on the pattern is the same for all wonders. We strongly agree that some ancient wonders are more important for tournaments than others, and the formula does not currently take this into account.
This is the first time I've ever seen someone connected with Inno admit that there is a problem with AWs in the tournament calculation.
In pursuit of my ongoing attempt to win the prize (?) of Official Forum Cynic™ - and being always mistrustful of all PR announcements from large companies these days, especially those issued in response to customer dissatisfaction - I am not sure that this rather ambiguous comment means the same thing to InnoGames as we would hope it might mean to ourselves. Much as I'd like to be proved wrong, my interpretation of this indicates that we are more likely to see increased penalties added to the Tournament formula for the military-boosting AWs before we see reduced penalties (or as we may even hope, no penalties at all) attached to AWs which don't enhance (and/or which actively harm) Tournament ability.

It seems that Inno is set on a course designed to reduce the performance (and Resources, if the recent FA changes are any indicator) of the game's more keen/advanced players, while increasing the relative performance of the game's earlier/more casual players, who will be unlikely even to have many (or any) AWs at all, let alone to read these Forums and/or do their own maths, and thus realise how AWs affect Tournaments/the Spire and adjust their game accordingly, and it is this observation (not only pure cynicism!) which informs my opinion in this respect. I would also argue that the following part of the document more or less contradicts the quote above, or at the very least does not support an overly optimistic reading of it:
And it's the same with ancient wonders, the progress of the research tree, or common extensions. Of course, there is a discussion about how much better these players should do, but we do not see any "penalty" among the above-mentioned factors, which would unbalance the overall tournament result of the player.

[...] from the analyzes we've done, we don't see that players with more premium expansions do worse than players with fewer. On the contrary, these players continue with significantly better results than the other players being compared. And it's the same with ancient wonders, the progress of the research tree, or common extensions.
The strange part (I don't know if it is in response to something) is he seems to be defending the fact that premium expansions don't make it more difficult than regular expansions. I haven't seen anyone claim that they were. Perhaps that is coming up on the Czech forum.
I read this part of the document rather differently, although of course the fact that the original is not in English may be affecting both the content and my interpretation of it (and this is another reason, I'd say, for InnoGames to translate this document themselves into all of their player languages, rather than relying - as I hope they do not! - on Google Translate or similar utils). Anyway, my understanding of this is that Inno have decided that players with more Premium Expansions ("these players") gain more advantage than those with fewer Premium Expansions ('the other players being compared"), not that they (or the players) believe that Premium Expansions create more disadvantage than non-Premium ("common extensions").

We [...] read the feedback from the players (indeed, we got a lot from the forums thanks to our skillful community managers)
Finally, I wonder if I am alone in finding the apparent implication(s) of the above comment in praise of Inno's own staff rather unfortunate, or even somewhat insensitive, considering not only how dissatisfied many players are with regard to the new Tournaments, but also the major (unpaid) - and still ongoing - effort of, in many cases, those same players in providing detailed, comprehensive, and entirely voluntary feedback? Perhaps it is indeed just me, or perhaps it is an error of automatic translation, but this comment would seem to imply* that, without the intervention of the CSMs, the hundreds of pages of Forum feedback was not, inherently, of much value? I am sure that the Community Managers did a wonderful job, but if congratulations are to be handed out so publicly, I think it would have been at least polite to acknowledge the many hours of work done by the 'fortunate' conscripted Beta-testers of the EN Servers, too, or even offer a 'well done' - especially to those who diligently data-gathered and then calculated the Tournament formula, so that the rest of us even knew how it worked... seeing as Inno wasn't, and still isn't, in any hurry to let us know.

* The other possible, and less pejorative, implication is that nobody at Inno except the CSMs actually reads the Forums... which is also hardly admirable.

Last edited:

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Please see the dedicated new space on the Forum where the interview with our newest Project Manager was listed several hours ago.
Beta by its very nature is for Beta information, rather than from other Forums.
Please keep the discussion about this post to the dedicated thread linked to it.

Hekata

Artisan
@Silmaril, we often get some info about upcoming features in the game that some players get from the game files. We can find them on various forums including Beta, so I was wondering if we can share and talk about those info in this thread (since it's already labelled with spoilers) or do we leave this only for the things that have officially hit BETA and we can start another thread for this other kind of news?

Hekata

Artisan
Ok, thanks for replying so fast @Silmaril :)

So the current news from the data miners is that we are getting 4* troops soon. They have already started uploading them in the files. They are also reverting the nerf that was done to the Frog Prince but the poor thing will loose its royal statues and become a Toad instead.

CrazyWizard

Shaman

So the current news from the data miners is that we are getting 4* troops soon. They have already started uploading them in the files. They are also reverting the nerf that was done to the Frog Prince but the poor thing will loose its royal statues and become a Toad instead.

"soon" is a relative measure of time,

Unless they are willing to add new researches in the current tree, it's more likely that it's reserved for the comming 3 chapters, the ones that get T7-8 and T9 :(

I wonder how much the advantage is (to lazy to load and read the gamefiles)
If it's a backported thing then maybe, just maybe it might be wordt again for at least some time to "play" the game again.
It might be that it's just enough to offset the disadvantage. but that does not solve the wonder issue as those are one of the "random" factors that heavily influence how much a research adds as a penalty.

In time we will see but a new chapter is still quite far away.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter

that sounds like terrible news, so our enemys are gonna get stronger soon, while we have to wait at least a year before we can counter them. At that is for those who are lucky enough to be end tech. If you're like only in chapter 4 then you just have to accept harder enemies till like forever.