• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi @Pauly7 this is exactly why :) as the weeks go on, we'll ensure that the information collected remains up to date and relevant! I think we'll consider archiving some topics each quarter, however for the time being we'll see how it goes :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Morning Town

Alchemist
Hi @Pauly7 this is exactly why :) as the weeks go on, we'll ensure that the information collected remains up to date and relevant! I think we'll consider archiving some topics each quarter, however for the time being we'll see how it goes :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.
Hi Herodite, Happy New Year, for clarity (I often end up finding info/post links for new fellows and reference) will archive posts appear on a "search" in this location, if not were will the archive material be searchable from.
Best Regards
MT

Pauly7

Magus
You may want to have a look at the mechanics of the archiving process though. It looks like all the messages being archived are then deducting from message counts.

It doesn't matter... I just happened to notice... but I'm guessing that isn't intended.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
That would happen as they are moved to a separate thread in the archiving process, so number would total the same but in two spaces.Numbers likely to disappear would be the deleted posts already on the thread as these would then not be added to the count, when before they would have been.

Jackluyt

Shaman
A new Fellowship Adventures (unknown type) starts in Beta on Tuesday January 12th 2021 It is unlikely to be one of the 'old types' because that information has been deleted from the Wiki.
There has been no information about when to expect it in the Live Worlds - usually it follows a week later than Beta, but if they stick to the format used last time, it could start any time as there would be nothing new to be tested.

We will post more details when we have them. You are welcome to share this link with friends and Fellowship: https://tinyurl.com/yxsvyebf
This note will contain any new information including Stage Prizes.
For general FA information, use our Master File: https://tinyurl.com/y4vk4t7h

To be confirmed: Unconfirmed report from the Forum is that this will be the same Type F as last time - in which case it will be similar to this one: https://www.facebook.com/notes/2763619473900032

137330637_10218383613242297_4605385031266737944_n.jpg

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Shaman
New Values January 2021 - vision vapor now 9 not 10. Goods amounts for bracelets also reduced by about 15% or so.
Enchantments can now be used or disenchanted.

138110510_10218395048888181_4427347771133167841_n.jpg

138187191_10218395936190363_8323083529354976680_n.jpg

THE PRIZES

Stage 1

1 x Ancient Knowledge 10
Carting Library
10 x Booster 10 minutes

Stage 2
2 x Ancient Knowledge 20
Watchful Winter Owl Artifact
15 x Booster 30 minutes

Stage 3
Ferris Wheel Galore
Watchful Winter Owl Artifact
25 x Booster 45 minutes

138030178_10218394805922107_4432445403101185519_n.jpg

More info here: https://tinyurl.com/yxsvyebf

Stage one is identical to last time:
The Complete Stage Map and Spreadsheet will probably be unchanged too.

137205875_10218395357175888_5326440956840401852_n.jpg

Last edited:

Gargon667

Mentor
New Values January 2021 - vision vapor now 9 not 10. Goods amounts for bracelets also reduced by about 15% or so.

I guess it´s called baby-steps? But any step, no matter how small, in the right direction is better than a step in the wrong one I guess... That is for the VV badges.

For bracelets I´d say it´s a step sideways lol. It´s not the amount that was the problem, but the fixation on T1

Gargon667

Mentor
Yep, I still think a Residue should cost 1 VV, so in 9 more adventures we should get there!

Absolutely no reason not to set it to 1 VV, but let´s hope we´ll be there in a year or so ;)

And also I hope they allow T1-3 or better T1-6 for making bracelets instead of lowering requirements.

ickyelf

Seeker
And also I hope they allow T1-3 or better T1-6 for making bracelets instead of lowering requirements.

Makes sense for those in the Sentient Goods chapters, particularly.

Though I wonder if:

• Using only 1 tier of goods makes it a LOT easier to try and balance the amounts required per Chapter? (Not suggesting Inno has problems balancing stuff per chapter, at all)
  • Creating pressure for Fellowships that want to do well in Adventures to have lots of T1 as opposed to their day-to-day mix of manufactories gives another use for Teleport Spells, and therefore invites players to strategise how to earn enough of them and when to use them (not just to make city reorganisation easier)
  • In the Trader, the majority of cross tier trades in standard goods are still T3 or T2 downwards, especially demanding T1 - so the FA then serves to provide a little kick in T1 production a few times a year
Just thoughts. :)

Julian

Sorcerer
  • Creating pressure for Fellowships that want to do well in Adventures to have lots of T1 as opposed to their day-to-day mix of manufactories gives another use for Teleport Spells, and therefore invites players to strategise how to earn enough of them and when to use them (not just to make city reorganisation easier)
There was a lot of strategising and need to gain teleport spells with the old system of the FA. All that challenge is lost now there is no need to have large shanty towns.

I'm hoping that the reduction in VV will decrease the occasions when you had to craft three things to get to 10. But I agree that a more balanced approach should be a VV of 1. Maybe then there would be a benefit of having a shanty town and the FA would be interesting again.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
i can only imagine if gaining t2, and I am now specifically thinking of scrolls, is ever a badge, that the overproduction of scrolls will become even worse than it is at the moment! For me, it is better as it is now. I increased my number of T1s for the last FA. I have not stored them since, although that was the plan, and they are now part of my essential running of my cities.

ickyelf

Seeker
There was a lot of strategising and need to gain teleport spells with the old system of the FA. All that challenge is lost now there is no need to have large shanty towns.

That's interesting.

So players/ fellowships that are quite keen on Fellowship Adventures (so reflective of a large part of the player base, not just the top 1-3%) are not seeing this change:

Previous FA - Teleport 10 big buildings to store, a mix of any sort of manufactory, maybe settlement buildings, maybe Armouries, maybe culture buildings. Build big shanty town. Sell big shanty town. Bring back teleported buildings. Overall usage 10.

Current FA - Teleport 10 big buildings (same types as above), build smaller shanty town, bring from storage 4, or 5, levelled up T1s for Bracelets, that were previously stored. Sell shanty town. Teleport back to storage the 4 or 5 T1s. Overall usage 14, or 15.

Obviously it could be 10 buildings teleported, or 15, or 20, depends on how hard players want to push.

I increased my number of T1s for the last FA. I have not stored them since, although that was the plan, and they are now part of my essential running of my cities.

Is there a reason why you need more T1s now for day-to-day essential activity?

I have 4 T1 in my city, and 4 more stored for the next FA. This gives me a weekly surplus of T1 goods anyway, after negotiating parts of the Spire. I don't negotiate tournament encounters, so I suppose more T1 could be used to earn a few more tournament points each week. But, I'd then have to either reduce some other part of my city's output, or add more expansions (and that'd make every week's Spire and tournament more costly, so I'm not at all keen on that idea!)