• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team

News from Beta

Dear Humans and Elves,

Since we are seeing a desire to discuss Beta-related topics on our Elvenar International forums, we've decided that we will be creating this thread solely for that purpose, in which we will be able to allow discussions for Beta-related topics. This also means that, from now on, all other threads attempting to discuss our Beta version will be either merged with this thread, or will be locked and redirected here. That way, we have a single point on the forums where beta can be discussed.

This ensures that:
  • anyone who doesn't wish to read about Beta-related topics doesn't have to.
  • anyone who does want to read about Beta-related topics knows exactly where to look.
Should you feel that this single thread does not provide enough space for the discussion you want to have, we would like to encourage you to visit the Beta forums, which are dedicated to the Beta version, and offer broader possibilities.

We want to thank you for your dedication to Elvenar, and are looking forward to discussing Beta with everyone in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Timneh

Artisan
The happenings on beta should be discussed on the international forums because everything that happens on beta will happen here a couple of weeks later or didn't you think of that ? You claim that Elvenar is one big community so why can we not talk about beta things here on this forum ? And why not just admit that the devs are not going to change anything as has already been posted on the beta thread about this change.

Last edited:

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Of course we thought of that, and we agree. Hence this thread. ;)

Do realize, though, that not everything that comes to Beta will also be seen on the International version in the exact same way. There is always a chance that things change on Beta, it's the nature of it. The purpose of this thread is to offer the possibility to discuss Beta on the International forums, be it in a more concentrated way than we have been used to until now. As also mentioned in the first post, these forums are here to discuss Elvenar International, and we have dedicated forums for the Beta version. Still, we see the desire to discuss Beta here on the International version too, and that's of course fine. We do think it's best if that's done in one place that is easy to find for those who want to find it, and at the same time easy to avoid for those who like it better to only read about news once it's been officially announced on Elvenar International. That's the reason why we've made this (relatively small) change. You can still discuss the same topics that were discussed before. In that regard, nothing changed whatsoever.

DeletedUser441

Are you seriously saying " this (relatively small) change". I'll lose 43k goods a day. :(:mad::rolleyes:

DeletedUser441

Apologies :oops: My mistake. But I think you know why I'm so peeved. :(:mad::rolleyes:. The changes to the AWs are to slow us down , no other reason given makes sense. Doing something that has the opposite effect to what is claimed as being desirable , ie more NH and trading and then claiming nobody will lose out on many goods. Blatantly wrong.

Jaxom

Alchemist
The change is a VERY bad one for any player who tries to visit more than just his fellowship and a few close neighbors. Those who do more help WILL lose out on boosted goods. The game developers received LOTS of negative feedback on Beta but ignored it.

Jaxom

Alchemist
The change is a VERY bad one for any player who tries to visit more than just his fellowship and a few close neighbors. Those who do more help WILL lose out on boosted goods. The game developers received LOTS of negative feedback on Beta but ignored it.
Their forum system may show me as a "Hatchling" but I have been playing since March of 2015 on Beta!

DeletedUser2452

That's the reason why we've made this (relatively small) change.

It is interesting to say it is relatively small change

e.g. if we have visited 200 player (include our fellowship member), we are collecting 200 times Goods
there is only 3 chest each contain 10 times, so it is 30 times goods

We lost 170 times ( 200- 30 ) goods, it is 85% loss in our daily goods, that a term used by Inno " relatively small change "
apart from this, we also lost kp, spell and relic originally come along with those 3 chests

There is a rumor in beta world that the change will go ahead in game world
In beta world, we already express the change is not great and player lost a lot

Yes, Inno is God of elvenar, Inno can do what ever Inno want to do

In beta world, release notes...say
"A word from the team:
We changed the mechanic for this ancient wonder. For the vast majority of players, you will end up having more rewards than you used to. For some players, you may get a tiny bit less. So why do this? Simple because now, this system will be easier to balance and track on our side.

Some may say they would have fewer reasons to do NH, but in fact, the majority of players is not doing NH for these rewards, but to actually help their fellowship members and neighbors.

We do want NH to be more and more convenient to perform in the future (see the mobile system). And we think that this is the most important element to push people to perform Neighborly help and make sure it's as easy convenient as people."

As I point out in beta world forum, the change is not a minor change. The "news" next to fellowship icon do not show it. It is after a few days, some mod come foreward to say, it is a date wrong that it do not pop-up in "news". That is completely non-sense to me, if it is a mistakes, it should immediately pop-up after i post there is no message in that "news".

The release notes is full of lies. Vast majority of player, will end up having more reward .... the change will limit all player to only get 30 times X goods ( it is equvalent to visit 30 player including your 24 fellowship members ), Does vast majority of player means "Vast majority of player" only visit less than 30 times in beta world..... For some player, u may get a tiny bit less..... losting more than 80% of your daily goods ( doing visit) is a term used by Inno....I just want to know ...what do Inno term "non-tiny-bit-less", how many, our whole goods in our inventory....the system is a heavy punishment to those active player in beta world who are helping to test your system....

the release note only a part which is Inno 100% true.... So why do this? Simple because now, this system will be easier to balance and track on our side. beta player side are go to hell

If Inno think Great bell /Lighthouse provide too many goods.... it is fine, just do rebalancing as usual, reduce the amount it provide
as a beta-tester, I totally accept it....But why Inno tell a big lies like that
is that Inno are doing a test to test "how many fools in beta world" who do not know it is not a tiny-bit-less...

I have no idea why some 1 start a topic in game world to request Inno stop that amendment in game world
as a beta world player, i only express what I know and what I feel ... it is not a tiny-bit-less

This is game world where Inno collect their $$$ from spender, it is not a place that Inno to lie

I fully aware Inno has make some notation (easy, medium, hard, very hard) of province in continent map. It make me laugh. Non of those provinces is a easy provinces. To me, it is "very easy" if I do not need to do manual and the lost is "no lost". Nowaday, all provinces in continentalmap and higher round provinces in tournament is by CATERING......
where do i get the goods...from the spell and VISITING HOODS. Chest is now no longer to provide spell. Goods from visiting is limited 30 timesX goods. If I get 3 chests, i even do not need to do further visit....To me, my normal 300 to 400 visit is already down to 30 to 40 visit. If Inno measure NH using my activites, it is defeinitely the statement "We do want NH to be more" go to reverse side... it is super greatly reduced... in past, we help other and get a small amount of goods as reward, now, we do not need to a lot of visit,we already get 30 times goods...

I do think why some 1 start a topic about beta world in game world
it is possible the rumor that the change will launch in game world

player do not want a problematic re-balancing launch in game world
beta world already has tons of victims...why make game world player become another set of victims

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
It is interesting to say it is relatively small change
Again, the "relatively small change" referred to having a single thread to discuss Beta-related topics on this forum, not to changes of the Crystal Lighthouse / Bell Spire Ancient Wonder that were made on Beta.

Timneh

Artisan
Do realize, though, that not everything that comes to Beta will also be seen on the International version in the exact same way.

Would you care to comment on this post from beta then Muf-Muf ? Is it true or not ?

the change of CL will be implemented as it is now in Beta. Inno had a meeting about this subject today and decided to change / rollback nothing

I will repeat one of the comments i made in the other thread which you locked. A little while ago Timon did one of the live Q&A sessions and told everyone to build and upgrade all the AWs as they were going to make them better and very much worth having, this change makes the bellspire/lighthouse almost worthless. Any player that visits more than 30 cities to do NH will lose out big style so how the hell do they work out most players will get more and only a few will get a tiny bit less ? Send the devs back to kindergarten as they sure can't do maths.
I do not do NH for the coins or the supplies, i already throw loads of both at the wholesaler i do NH for the goods that i get so when this change comes in on live servers where is my incentive to do more than 30 NH visits. I should really thank the devs as they are going to save me around 1.5 hours every day by no longer visiting all the neighbours that i have discovered. It is disgusting that the devs are making this change just to make thier jobs easier.
Muf-Muf please could you ask one of the dev team to come onto this thread and explain the real reason for this change, but not Timon as he is a liar.

DeletedUser2452

Again, the "relatively small change" referred to having a single thread to discuss Beta-related topics on this forum, not to changes of the Crystal Lighthouse / Bell Spire Ancient Wonder that were made on Beta.

sorry for my poor english.....mis-understanding your words

In fact, personally, i think, we should not have a general topic discussing beta issue in game world
beta issue should be discuss in beta world, not here

current issue ( about Great bell/Lighthouse ) is due to rumor about launching this amendment in game world only
and it is only occur very few (issue not settled in beta world ) and even not happen ( if issue is already handled in beta world b4 release to game world )

DeletedUser931

This made me shake my head. Discuss Beta issues on live servers? Why?

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
As of right now, we can confirm that the changes to the Crystal Lighthouse / Bell Spire will come to International with next week's update, and that there is only a very small chance that this will be changed. We will, of course, monitor the effect(s) of the changes and iterate on them if we see a need for that. Your feedback is being heard, and is being forwarded as well.

For those who're reading along now, but are unsure what exactly the changes will be, see the spoiler below:
The Crystal Lighthouse / Bell Spire Ancient Wonder gives an amount of Goods each time you help one of your Neighbors. With the update, this will change slightly: the Goods you get from the Ancient Wonder effect will not be added automatically, but will be added to the Treasure Chests that can spawn in a player's city when you help them. To compensate for the lower occurance, you will 10x the current amount you'd currently get per help in each of the three chests you can get each day.

We believe that these changes will, generally speaking, be good for the game and players alike. We realize that some players visit a lot of neighbors each day, but we also know for fact that not everyone does that. With these changes, most players (also the ones who are not talking on the forums now), will be getting more goods per day and/or will be able to get their goods easier. For those very active players that do help more than only their Fellowship's members, it can indeed mean that they will get fewer Goods each day.

Muf-Muf please could you ask one of the dev team to come onto this thread and explain the real reason for this change, but not Timon as he is a liar.
Sorry, but no. Our developers (and game designers, for that matter) have other tasks to focus on. It is my job, as community manager, to make sure that you all are heard and that your questions and/or concerns are answered, and that's exactly why I am here, together with the rest of the Elvenar Team you can find here on the forums. If you have any question, we will be able to provide the answers as well, and those answers won't change based on who is giving them. ;)

sorry for my poor english.....mis-understanding your words
No worries there. :)

This made me shake my head. Discuss Beta issues on live servers? Why?
Some people want to know what's coming to the Live servers before it's announced here, and discuss it. That is fine, and has happened since forever already - the only difference now is that we're concentrating it all in one thread from now on.

Tiriake

Soothsayer
We believe that these changes will, generally speaking, be good for the game and players alike. We realize that some players visit a lot of neighbors each day, but we also know for fact that not everyone does that. With these changes, most players (also the ones who are not talking on the forums now), will be getting more goods per day and/or will be able to get their goods easier. For those very active players that do help more than only their Fellowship's members, it can indeed mean that they will get fewer Goods each day.

Fewer goods? Are you serious!

So i went and checked how many goods per visit my crystal lighthouse gives and then went and counted how many cities I visit daily and how much goods I get now and how much I will get with the so called improved version.

I get 191 goods per visit. With new system that would mean 30*191=5730
Current system (193+25) 218*191=41638
How can losing 35908 goods per day classified as losing just few goods. That's a huge number.

I visit every neighbor every day, because I want to help. There is no way that this change will have a single positive effect on the game. why would anyone bother to visit after getting the chest anymore. Because by this change devs are sending a message that helping other players is not something they support. Not to menton that crystal lighthouse becomes practically pointless. What happened to the promise of making wonders useful?

Very dissapointed.

Timneh

Artisan
For those very active players that do help more than only their Fellowship's members, it can indeed mean that they will get fewer Goods each day.

This makes no sense at all. Inno want more NH to be done and then they bring a change to the game that punishes the players that are doing the very thing they want them to do ? Can somebody PLEASE explain to me where the logic is in that. At the moment it seems that if we do the opposite of what the devs want us to do then we will get rewarded but if we do what they want us to do we will get punished.

It is my job, as community manager, to make sure that you all are heard and that your questions and/or concerns are answered

Ok then will you please answer the question i asked earlier...where is the motivation for me to keep helping all my discovered neighbours when i will only get coins that i do not need and some supplies from the ones that have helped me which i also do not need ?
The devs are hurting a lot of players with this change as it just is not worth the time to visit all cities for rewards that are not needed and therefore i for one will not be doing so. I will state again i do NH for the goods i get, thats why i built the damn bellspire in the first place.

DeletedUser3542

Waiting patiently for the fun to start.. a games meant to be fun right ?? i'll be putting a ticket into support and ask them to check if the fun chip is activated or did someone put in a dictator chip by mistake. you know what i'm going back to work as up to my armpits in oil and risking losing my fingers any sec or even the whole hand seems to be a lot more exciting than it is here right now..i'll pop back later and watch as you're all rounded up and marched to your neighbours for those visits to make sure you go.. don't forget to wash yer faces first .till then play nice :p

DeletedUser441

Gaining fewer goods slows everyones game. There will be less to trade . People are being encouraged to spend on numerous offers that speed up the game ( eg Instants). QED.

DeletedUser3032

As of right now, we can confirm that the changes to the Crystal Lighthouse / Bell Spire will come to International with next week's update, and that there is only a very small chance that this will be changed. We will, of course, monitor the effect(s) of the changes and iterate on them if we see a need for that.

WE see a need. Ok... So inno had seen the need to change it. What was the need and why? Everyone was happy. No one complained about receiving goods, that is why they built the dam wonder and invested the KP into it.

Why is it good for the game? What does massively decreasing the amount of goods players receive give back to the game?
Why is it good for the players? More players now will not get visited. Which will have a knock on affect on people returning NH. Plus a million times less resources per month. ;/ These changes are not encouraging players to do anything or play more.

Everything which is good in the game is slowly being taken away from us. I presume this is to slow us all down??? Please comment on this especially @Muf-Muf It's not doing Inno any favors anyway.

A lot of people do not have this wonder, so you shouldn't be including everyone in the decision to make the wonder useless. I bet those 40k inactive accounts with just 1 house and a workshop have been included because they don't do NH because they left 6 months ago.

I must be thick as hell. They will be getting more goods per day? No they will not, why do people build the wonders in the first place? Because they are useful. If they do not use them, why have them? Just wasting space. Your statistics which you have based these changes on are rubbish. Clearly 'the ones' who do not do much NH are obviously so overloaded with resources and cannot be bothered to do any NH unless they need resources and possibly have less time to play the game because of real life stuff, but they still don't need the resources. They would have complained and put a suggestion for this exact change (Nothing on 5 forums that suggest anything remotely like this. It's just the game teams idea as a whole once again. No player input at all). OR they are inactive accounts which you have based everything on. There is a lot more players who visit for the resources than those who are ACTIVE and do not do NH. So why has the decision to make these changes been based on the minority? Stupid stupid.

Last edited by a moderator: