• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Eldrasil's Ascending

Deleted User - 384643

So I know this has been spoken about a lot, but I'm not 100% sure about this. I have finished tier 2 and have just started tier 3, and was planning to finish advanced scouts and then spin nuts for the second grand prize. However today the game glitched and thought I pressed the button to spin when I didn't, and because of that I now have the second grand prize whilst still technically tier 2. I haven't collected it yet - If I wait until I've finished advanced scouts and then collect the grand prize does anyone know for certain whether it will be tier 2 or tier 3?
If you wait to collect the Grand Prize till you've finished Advanced Scouts (and thus officially started a new chapter) then that Prize will provide the bonus/benefits of the new chapter.

m4rt1n

Adept
Yes, I believe it can be won as long as it is NOT collected before finishing Advanced Scouts and passing the quest associated with it.

It is still in position with a little collect tab below it I assume and not in your inventory, as once there the level will remain as ch2 even if not built.

DeletedUser4963

Thanks Cerebros and m4rt1n. I was hoping that would happen but just wasn't sure. So can I continue to spin for daily prizes without it affecting me collecting the grand prize? I was abstaining from daily prizes in case it had an affect.

m4rt1n

Adept
I can still spin for daily prizes having collected GP3, but can only assume that no sprouts will add towards GP3 if you spin without collecting GP2. Also buildings will be at ch2 won so I would save up the nuts, pass to ch3, then use Day 24 double sprouts to try for GP3 as well. Also the building on the last day looks like a compact high culture building worth giving a spin for as it will be easy to place at 2x3. :)

cwgiii

Shaman
but can only assume that no sprouts will add towards GP3 if you spin without collecting GP2
I believe this might be incorrect.

By accident, I failed to collect the 1st offered GP after I had won it and then I spun. Ooops, I thought. Oh well, at least I got the daily prize that I was after, live and learn. Then I collected the 1st prize and was pleased to see that the sprouts from that over spin had applied to the 2nd prize after all. I was pleased that I did not loose those sprouts.

DeletedUser3781

I can also confirm this, you don't lose your sprouts if you don't collect the grand prize. You just don't see them until then.

Pauly7

Magus
Warning: Flourishing Nut Cave (it will be daily prize on the last day) got changed to a mixed building (culture+supplies/culture+mana). It will provide less culture and need a road connection now.
source https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-42.9486/#post-55556
I guess I agree with what's being said on the beta forum. I wasn't particularly fussed about this prize and wasn't really planning on having many nuts left by the last day, but I did think that this could be a handy little culture building to stick somewhere if I did end up getting one. If it becomes one of those "small amount of culture and small amount of supplies" buildings then it will end up just sitting in the cupboard with many of those others in my summonings list.

m4rt1n

Adept
Warning: Flourishing Nut Cave (it will be daily prize on the last day) got changed to a mixed building (culture+supplies/culture+mana). It will provide less culture and need a road connection now.
source https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-42.9486/#post-55556

I guess I agree with what's being said on the beta forum. I wasn't particularly fussed about this prize and wasn't really planning on having many nuts left by the last day, but I did think that this could be a handy little culture building to stick somewhere if I did end up getting one. If it becomes one of those "small amount of culture and small amount of supplies" buildings then it will end up just sitting in the cupboard with many of those others in my summonings list.

I was planning on getting this one and even had a space in my city, but that no longer works with the changes, disappointed and so will just use up the nuts now.

Pauly7

Magus
So this is my final word on probability. The reason being that I have used the majority of all my nuts collected just now so I have a little more data. Also, I won't have much to play with after this point.

I have to say now that I am starting to doubt the legitimacy of the probabilities that are quoted. This is all still within the realms of possible chance, but this just adds to the fact last time that it took me 37 rolls of the dice to win the daily prize.

This is what I got today, opening the small nutshell all the way through.

Nutshells opened: 131

Daily prizes won: 4 (probability says I would win it 9.17 times)
15% coin rain won: 27 (probability says I would win it 17.03 times)
5 hour speed boost won: 35 (probability says I would win it 22 times)

The other things I either didn't count or they were fairly close to what was likely.

So... meh... I don't know. Maybe that doesn't seem like much difference to you, but I think that over this many tries winning the daily prize 43% as much as I should looks fairly suspicious to me.... especially considering that is now 5 daily prize wins out of 168 nutshells opened, all in all.

Maybe I'm just bitter.

Pauly7

Magus
I did 13 openings and got 6 daily prizes. There goes your theory.
With the small nutshell?

Either way, 13 times is not a good amount of data. For example, if you flipped a coin 13 times and it landed on heads 10 times you could accept that run of luck. However, if you flipped a coin 130 times then it would probably be reasonably close to half and half, though granted it is still possible that there could be quite a big swing in one direction.

130 times is not a great amount of data either. That's why I said that it's still within the realms of possibility... People do win the lottery after all.

If I had won 40 daily prizes from 1300 then I could say with almost absolute certainty that something was wrong, but that is something that we will never be able to test.

It's interesting that the guy on the thread in the US forum believes that those odds in reality are about half what they should be. It doesn't appear to be backed up by any data, but the numbers I got do bear out his claim reasonably well.

DeletedUser4852

I'm so bummed about the Nut Cave change. :(
I'm a low level player, but was really banking on it for a culture boost and because I like the way it looks.
I'm already drowning in supplies- built too many workshops for my activity level, but can't bring myself to ditch some (yet) because I upgraded them pretty far (for a low leveller). Would take better culture over a mixed building any day, or at least a mixed building with more pop. Took several goes for Mother of Dragons but no luck. Going to put my remaining rolls on Travelling Merchant III.

As a matter of interest, if you have remaining nuts after the quest ends do they just disappear? This is my first quest run.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Statistically, the 1st chest gives more chances to get buildings out of the same nuts amount BUT statistics are for huge numbers and you need thousands tries for the random results to approach the statistical numbers...
You can't compare your 10-15 tries with the statistics !
The statistics only say : averagely, all the people, all together, will get a higher probabilty with the 1st chest, not that you will get them...

Yes Mopaldia, some squirrels will come after the event to collect them all ;)

You can find the maths here : Events : which is best chest ?

Last edited:

DeletedUser4963

I'm so bummed about the Nut Cave change. :(
I'm a low level player, but was really banking on it for a culture boost and because I like the way it looks...Would take better culture over a mixed building any day, or at least a mixed building with more pop...Going to put my remaining rolls on Travelling Merchant III.

As a matter of interest, if you have remaining nuts after the quest ends do they just disappear? This is my first quest run.

The nuts will disappear after the event is over so may as well use them all for the third merchant, I was also planning to. I think the change is bad too, there were enough split buildings in the event. I like the blue tree from day 21 graphics wise, before the change it also had more culture per square than the nut cave.

Using the 140 I have won 11/15 daily prizes and I usually spun 1-3 times, twice 5 times to get the daily prize.
Seperatley I have won no daily prize from the small or medium nuts, spinning 3-5 times on 3 days.

DeletedUser3936

Is anyone else with a small account experiencing the impossibility of the "Accept 5 trades"? I cant even get the "Accept One". My account has under 100 of each resource (actually mostly under 50), all the trades are for 1000+. Impossible. The trader doesn't unlock this. I have had a message up for two days asking for small trades - ignored. So end of event for me, I guess.
GAME OVER three days before other, more advanced players. Pretty disheartening really.

cwgiii

Shaman
Have you tried to reach out directly to some of the players listed via a message? I find that most people are willing to accommodate size and goods, if they know there is a need. But simply posting a small trade can easily be ignored otherwise, as it could just be for re-balancing or some other non-immanent requirement. Building actual relationships with your neighbors via communications, trades, KP donations, etc. can really become helpful when in need.

Just a thought.

DeletedUser3936

Have you tried to reach out directly to some of the players listed via a message? I find that most people are willing to accommodate size and goods, if they know there is a need. But simply posting a small trade can easily be ignored otherwise, as it could just be for re-balancing or some other non-immanent requirement. Building actual relationships with your neighbors via communications, trades, KP donations, etc. can really become helpful when in need.

Just a thought.
I had no neighbours until this morning, just empty gold mines. I do know I have much to learn about the game and I thank you for your advice.

m4rt1n

Adept
Is anyone else with a small account experiencing the impossibility of the "Accept 5 trades"? I cant even get the "Accept One". My account has under 100 of each resource (actually mostly under 50), all the trades are for 1000+. Impossible. The trader doesn't unlock this. I have had a message up for two days asking for small trades - ignored. So end of event for me, I guess.
GAME OVER three days before other, more advanced players. Pretty disheartening really.

Do trades from the wholesaler work?