• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Eldrasil's Ascending

DeletedUser3182

Isn't that showing the forthcoming prizes, not the next 'double' day.

DeletedUser4963

No, they have updated it to include double days now. I believe the next one is the day after tomorrow on a supple refill.

Pauly7

Magus
So... I think maybe there are two more daily prizes still to be revealed.... and still there is nothing which seems particularly worthwhile to me.

It has been fun doing the tasks on this quest (and calculating all the probabilities, haha), but the whole thing will either end up being completely non-memorable for me or I will just have the disgruntled memories of disappointment.

Now, I know that many people may, and do, differ with me on this because these people actually like how all the autumn prizes look. They don't work for me, which is a pity.

So it comes down to the strength of the rewards being offered. Like you're probably bored of me saying: what's the point in a population giving event prize giving less population than a standard residence? Because, you may say, it also offers other things, though few, no doubt, will be drawn by the addition of culture, supplies and coins.

So then we have the grand prizes... OK, Swirly Tree Stump offers a good amount of culture, so that's fine if you need that and like the look of it (I think it's hideous). The other two prizes are population / culture combinations and, as I say, the fact that culture is being added into the mix doesn't really up the attraction of it.

If the population offered on the top grand prize was doubled, I can only imagine how many extra calculations would go on involving "double sprout days" and the debates that would go on regarding whether it was better to pick up a ton of less desirable daily prizes, due to the fact that 3rd grand prize was so amazing.

But.... meh.... if the top grand prize appeared as one of the daily prizes, I guess I may go for it, but it wouldn't really stand out from the other culture / population daily prizes.... and in honesty I probably wouldn't even build it.

It's not like it's been a total waste of time or anything. If a great daily prize doesn't appear in the next couple of days then I will end up going for the 14 hour instants and I will finish with between 40 and 50 of them, along with all the other instants and KP that will come along the way... So, you know, that's actually pretty cool, but that will be the grand prize for me... not what the developers' intention was, I feel.

DeletedUser4963

It has been fun doing the tasks on this quest (and calculating all the probabilities, haha), but the whole thing will either end up being completely non-memorable for me or I will just have the disgruntled memories of disappointment.

Now, I know that many people may, and do, differ with me on this because these people actually like how all the autumn prizes look. They don't work for me, which is a pity.

So it comes down to the strength of the rewards being offered.

Everyone has their own opinions, I personally like the new autumn graphics and the quests, some have been quite challenging or time consuming for me (as level 2) but I am on no.70 with 8 days left. I agree that not all the prizes are desirable and some are not so worthwhile when compared per square. For me the traveling merchant 2, hazelnut town and hazelnut Stubbs have been the best so far. My favourite graphics is day 21 blue tree enclosure.

It seems to me that the problem for higher level players is that the prizes don't increase enough to make it worthwhile, rather than the event being bad.

DeletedUser441

I finished the main quest line yesterday. :) I've saved up my nuts but still fall short of enough to gain the last prize , unless I'm lucky and get the 140 or 200 repeatedly. I think I'll keep them all for the day when 14 hour instants are offered as I find them really useful for troop building. (one training ground build plus four barracks builds are just over 14 hours atm :D). Helps me fight a few more provinces in the tournaments. The supplies instants are also useful for this.
I do agree that the buildings offered are of more benefit to the lower ranked players.

Pauly7

Magus
It seems to me that the problem for higher level players is that the prizes don't increase enough to make it worthwhile, rather than the event being bad.
Quite possibly so... I think that early on something with a population/culture/coins combination would be fairly useful, but a chapter or two later and the supplies or coins won't really mean anything.

Case in point was the "manna sawmill", yesterday's prize. I'm sure this is good if you can produce the manna, but if you can't then it's not worth the space it's put on for supplies. Maybe you will say it's not so for chapter 2, but at chapter 6 it produce about the same amount of supplies as a level 6 workshop, which takes up less space.

So again it comes down to the look of the thing. Actually I think that one would look pretty cool, but not even I can justify that... and this coming from someone that has the Masquerade prize in pride of place in my city, despite it being next to useless.

I was thinking that maybe I shouldn't be quite as critical of population/culture prizes as I probably need to look of the overall efficiency of a building producing both those things. So it has less pop per square than a house and less culture per square than a culture building, but I can see an argument that taking the two together is worthwhile.

I still stand by my point that none of these prizes are exciting though.

Killiak

Artisan
No double sprouts for us today? Instead we get some offer for 10% off on overpriced expansions.

What gives?

DeletedUser441

I think the offer for double sprouts will activate later today. I don't think it lasts 24 hours.

m4rt1n

Adept
Seems the double sprout offer only works if you are still on the sequential quest list. At least that is what my fellowship is reporting.

Timneh

Artisan
I was thinking that maybe I shouldn't be quite as critical of population/culture prizes as I probably need to look of the overall efficiency of a building producing both those things. So it has less pop per square than a house and less culture per square than a culture building, but I can see an argument that taking the two together is worthwhile.

My personal opinion of the culture/population buildings is that they are great.....in the earlier chapters, but if you have loads of them in your city you have a problem when you get to the woodelves chapter when you need Mana. Most people sell all the culture buildings to make room for mana producing buildings when they reach woodelves as the Mana buildings also give culture. If you have loads of culture/population buildings you will either have to make do with less Mana production slowing down progress or build lots more residences to get more pop so you can sell the culture/population buildings. I won loads of culture/population buildings in the snow flurry event last year and now i am finding it hard to place Mana buildings.

DeletedUser4528

No double sprouts for us today?

What gives?

Double Sprouts is indeed working for today, what is not working is the graphic for some people.

If you spend your nuts you will receive the doubled amount of sprouts

m4rt1n

Adept
Double Sprouts is indeed working for today, what is not working is the graphic for some people.

If you spend your nuts you will receive the doubled amount of sprouts

Thank you, confirming that it did work despite no graphics. :)