• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Eldrasil's Ascending

Aisling1

Conjurer
Pauly, if you ever get the end of one of these 28 day quests.. let me know. I've never heard of them being completed without using diamonds :)
So - how did it go? I got as far as gain 32 relics in 2 cities, and nearly that far in the other.. I finished the "simple tools 70 times'..

Aisling1

Conjurer
I know what Fellowship Adventures is... I don't know what Fellowship Adventures results is... I also don't know what Platinum Leaf is.

I've been playing the game since April. On chapter 6... if that's new.
"platinum leaf" is a facebook page that is all about elevenar.. they have a lot of useful information, with comments, that is helpful..

Aisling1

Conjurer
This is about my 6th, 28 day Event quest.. (not counting smaller ones like Valentines or Hallowe'en) ..
I've learnt to keep my expectations low about finishing and winning all 3 grand prizes.. at certain stages it gets ruinously expensive to even try :
I try to keep my city's development in line with the quest and not vv.. in other words.. if I hit a request for "gain 20 relics" , I hope I'm in the middle of a tournament, or not too far off..
I take account of the platinum leaf/ gems of knowledge quest list.. it's nice to know what's coming if it's 5 x 2 day production runs.. you can anticipate and if you have space/ pop/ resources.. set up for it, without it impinging on your "normal" game plan.

I have to say that I like the "new prizes".. the instants.. particularly the ones that "reduce time".. ie knock 5, 8 or 14 hrs off the time taken to build, produce.. and have finally learnt, that no matter what the daily culture prize is.. I have to look at it, up and down, like a gift horse, and see if I don't want to save my "nuts" until the next prize..

Although the 140 chest gives "better value" (actually, look at the stats.. a greater chance of winning the daily prize) .. sometimes getting kps, and shorter spells, lower % coin falls, has been better value.. the downside.. a bigger chance of getting less useful runes or shards.. and of course, how much you are going to put in to make up for lost if you spend all your "nuts" and tomorrow's daily is the most useful to have come along in 3 days..

If you reached lvl 3 grand prize, cudos.. but by next Feb the bling is going to look tired, sad and out of place in your city :) if you'd put the same effort into developing your city you might have got a lot further.. Use the event quests the same way you use the normal ones.. if you've the patience. This is a very slow game, and no Finish line in sight :)

Pauly7

Magus
So - how did it go? I got as far as gain 32 relics in 2 cities, and nearly that far in the other.. I finished the "simple tools 70 times'..
I think I replied to your first question a while ago. I finished the sequential quests with 12 days to spare. I didn't win the 3rd grand prize, but that is because I didn't want it enough to go for the double sprout days. I already have the first two grand prizes that will sit in the cupboard and never get built because they're so hideous.
Although the 140 chest gives "better value" (actually, look at the stats.. a greater chance of winning the daily prize)
Actually this isn't true. Once you take into account the extra nuts that you receive the small nut gives you the better chance of winning daily prizes... hypothetically speaking. I went on a run of opening the nut 168 times for 5 daily prizes, so I'm not convinced about the percentages.

DeletedUser3781

Pauly, if you ever get the end of one of these 28 day quests.. let me know. I've never heard of them being completed without using diamonds :)

That's unusual... Ever since I started playing a year ago, the only event I didn't complete was the Herds, because I didn't have enough t3 for those pay quests. I never bought any diamonds. You just need to have a quest list and some empty space for shabby buildings and start long productions early.
Many people in my FSs also completed the quests and well before the deadline, so it's not just me.

DeletedUser4816

If you reached lvl 3 grand prize, cudos.. but by next Feb the bling is going to look tired, sad and out of place in your city :) if you'd put the same effort into developing your city you might have got a lot further.. Use the event quests the same way you use the normal ones.. if you've the patience. This is a very slow game, and no Finish line in sight :)

i have to disagree, i still have the herds second grandprize 'the great auction i was in chapter 5 then now i'm in faries and its still a very good culture building
so its best to put some more effort in to the event then in ur city sinds those Buildings can stay for a few chapters ..

DeletedUser4816

they sead on the beta forum that they were sorry, and they will try to inform ppl quicker next time .. the nutcave was always ment to give cul/sup ..

DeletedUser2364

I don't want an apology! I want my diamonds back that i spent on the last day to get them!

m4rt1n

Adept
On a positive the changes to the Endrasil's Village have increased my pop/culture slightly. :)

DeletedUser3985

i have to disagree, i still have the herds second grandprize 'the great auction i was in chapter 5 then now i'm in faries and its still a very good culture building
so its best to put some more effort in to the event then in ur city sinds those Buildings can stay for a few chapters ..
Not only that, but we'll eventually be able to upgrade our event buildings with blueprints. Well worth the effort, imo.

m4rt1n

Adept
I don't want an apology! I want my diamonds back that i spent on the last day to get them!

On the beta forum, it says to contact support if you spend diamonds getting the last building of the event and are dissatisfied.

DeletedUser2364

On the beta forum, it says to contact support if you spend diamonds getting the last building of the event and are dissatisfied.

Yeh i have actually contacted them now ;) Thanks M4rt1n

DeletedUser3542

Come on.

I saved my rewards for the last daily prize for a reason. The reason being that it did NOT make any supplies or mana (which I don't get yet, so it's a wasted reward). And that it gave very nice culture.

I do NOT want a building that gives a small culture reward and pittance in supplies. If I wanted that, there were plenty of options in other daily prizes.

Changing the reward AFTER it's won / placed is seriously not cool. Even if you made a mistake (which, seriously? you have beta servers and you are only seeing it now?) the milk is already spilt. You awarded a building that gave culture, not supplies. Don't take it away because you suddenly realize, oops, that's not what we meant.

Should be possible for them to offer both versions and let you select the one that best suits you.. another game i play does this by offering a choice of either defense units or attack units as your prize..

DeletedUser2364

Honestly i can understand why they started offering so many mana/supply buildings.....cause everyone was screaming out for mana on the event buildings. BUT, supplies are nowhere near as valuable as mana and viewing them both as the same value is flawed. Especially when those supplies are meaning you need a street connection to all your culture, when it wasn't necessary before.
To me, it would seem a better option to just add mana (at the cost of some culture) to the people in the mana chapters, but to the ones who aren't, leave them as full culture buildings. Just the same as it is when you buy your culture from the shop. Stop forcing supplies down our throats and cracking on you're giving us something fantastic.

DeletedUser2233

"The Flourishing Nutcave no longer only provides a Culture bonus, but will also produce Supplies (or Mana in later chapters). This also means that the Culture bonus that the building gave has been lowered a bit too, to balance for the additional effect of it producing Supplies (or Mana)."

That quote comes out of the update release .Been said that the culture has been "lowered a bit " Since when is a "bit" more then half ?

My nutcave gives now 340 culture where it was 1140 . Why isent inno giving the orc chapter mana in preparation ?

Now i need roads for a 340 culture building with 1600 supplies in no less then 6 hours .I am not happy it is worthless.All the orc chapter buildings are worthless that are not giving mana and still needs roads .I was happy before though with the normal amount of culture now its just another filler for my inventory .Even my manahut that doesent give mana gives more supplies then that .Really well done .

Which reminds me does any one know how many buildings you can save up in you're inventory ,before you will have to delete them ?

Now some say they want to make it so you can upgrade it ? Can we get some timeline here ? When is this expected ?
Or is this not verified yet .

Last edited by a moderator: