• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Beta Fellowship Adventures

JollyElf

Soothsayer
We have been hung out to dry wrt coin badges. We were promised a 17% reduction and received a 25% increase with no word whatsoever
Oh I’m sure it’s a rather trivial error. A + instead of a minus somewhere… in their equations.
Should be normal on live. And yea, too many stuff introduced too quickly. Will diffuse feedback when it all hits live… too many holes to vent out the steam…
But thanks to you guys in beta… we know what’s ahead…

Alcaro

Necromancer
Oh I’m sure it’s a rather trivial error. A + instead of a minus somewhere… in their equations.
Should be normal on live. And yea, too many stuff introduced too quickly. Will diffuse feedback when it all hits live… too many holes to vent out the steam…
But thanks to you guys in beta… we know what’s ahead…
One might think it's a trivial error but while the collection error was fixed once was "shouted" in the forum, the Coin badge remain the same with +25% yet the number of badges has drastically increased. It was really hard before, now to get those coins badges is far and beyond hard :(

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I think they released a wrong version by mistake. We should be getting the correct version with an announcement four days before the start listing all changes made, hopefully.

Alcaro

Necromancer
I think they released a wrong version by mistake. We should be getting the correct version with an announcement four days before the start listing all changes made, hopefully.
Is not a wrong version because the number of badges has changed according to the announcement. The maps are different and now are asked freaking much more Coin badges (and others too). The problem is that the amount of coins for 1 badge is higher. The statement said "will be decreased by 17%" when actually was increased by +25%. If both would have had the same number (as 17 or 25) I could accept that someone didn't pay attention and a + was placed in the code line instead of a -. But as it is now, I am sorry to say, but I do not believe was just a mistake.

Here is a quote from the original announcement:

"We have made following changes for the new round of Fellowship Adventures:
  • We shuffled the badge requirements of all waypoints. - it's done
  • We increased the total number of badges required by 12%. - it's done
  • The Coin Sack badge quest is a bit easier now (the coin number is reduced by 17%). - it's increased by 25%
  • Brewery badge is also easier to get (instead of 50 beverages, we ask for 25). However, the waypoints require more of that badge now. - it's done
  • Tome of Winter Artefacts are added as stage 2 and 3 rewards. - it's done"
EDIT to add:
"And don't forget! A significant amount of Fellowship Experience will be added to the FA Ranking Rewards." - nothing was added.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Is not a wrong version because the number of badges has changed according to the announcement. The maps are different and now are asked freaking much more Coin badges (and others too). The problem is that the amount of coins for 1 badge is higher. The statement said "will be decreased by 17%" when actually was increased by +25%. If both would have had the same number (as 17 or 25) I could accept that someone didn't pay attention and a + was placed in the code line instead of a -. But as it is now, I am sorry to say, but I do not believe was just a mistake.

Here is a quote from the original announcement:

"We have made following changes for the new round of Fellowship Adventures:
  • We shuffled the badge requirements of all waypoints. - it's done
  • We increased the total number of badges required by 12%. - it's done
  • The Coin Sack badge quest is a bit easier now (the coin number is reduced by 17%). - it's increased by 25%
  • Brewery badge is also easier to get (instead of 50 beverages, we ask for 25). However, the waypoints require more of that badge now. - it's done
  • Tome of Winter Artefacts are added as stage 2 and 3 rewards. - it's done"
EDIT to add:
"And don't forget! A significant amount of Fellowship Experience will be added to the FA Ranking Rewards." - nothing was added.

I suppose only Inno knows.

m4rt1n

Adept
I don't think they know sometimes, I do wonder if the team has a fellowship and plays the adventure, being as this one will most likely hit live during the hols, we will most likely be doing 1 path just for the artefacts this time around.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I don't think they know sometimes, I do wonder if the team has a fellowship and plays the adventure, being as this one will most likely hit live during the hols, we will most likely be doing 1 path just for the artefacts this time around.

Yes, there's always that option. I'm ready for everything! :Do_O:rolleyes:;):cool:

Lelanya

Mentor
Nope. iDavis has it listed for January for live, so there is that at least.
There are 406 more badges in version H than there were in version G.

After this FA I reminded myself that there are factions within the Dev team. Clearly one of them wrote the Announcement and the other one threw a spanner into the works. I will never trust them again (remainder self censured).

JollyElf

Soothsayer
Nope. iDavis has it listed for January for live, so there is that at least.
There are 406 more badges in version H than there were in version G.

After this FA I reminded myself that there are factions within the Dev team. Clearly one of them wrote the Announcement and the other one threw a spanner into the works. I will never trust them again (remainder self censured).
Oh I still think it’s some stupid error…
probably those guys went on their winter holidays making you (beta) guys do their work for them…

I don’t think something as trivial as reduction can be misunderstood by the team… or could they ?

Last edited:

Lelanya

Mentor
I have reset the Gems Spreadsheet for version H. I cannot stress this enough, please make a copy for your own use. Consider this: I am a known hoarder of game information, did you really want to give me your email address?

@JollyElf, I can only like your post once without being annoying, but seriously, LMAO. It truly does make one wonder how much of the Devs' work that Marindor actually did. lol

Susie49

Soothsayer
My main complaint is still the one that has been voiced many times before, namely that I’d like only mages to be able to complete a stage. Demoting team members from ambassador works of course, but it’s not a popular move!

Many thanks Lelanya for the spreadsheet and data, we appreciate all that hard work :)

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Yay, I was waiting for an opportunity to reorganise my city and also do something a little different than just the normal routine. :)

Lelanya

Mentor
So FA is running on Beta for 7 days and 11 hours; this is an increase of 24 hours.
The blacksmith badges have been rebalanced slightly on all 3 maps, with an overall increase of 5. Some have been removed from Blue path and added to Yellow and Green, on all maps.

The rewards are standard:
Map 1, 1 x 10KP AW instant, Carting Library and 10 x 10min time instant.

Map 2, 2 x 20 KP AW Instant, Tome of Golem Artifacts (choice of Wise, Steam or 4 RRs), 15 x 30 min time instants.

Map 3, Ferris Wheel Galore, Tome of Ancient Promise (choice of building from Ancient Promise set), 25 x 45min time instants.

Beta has a horrible bug right now where context sensitive instants cannot be used - for example AW instants and time spells, so beware. I haven't tried but would guess Artifacts as well. According to staff Coin Rain, Supply Windfall, Portal Profits and Troop Summonings are still functional.

Last edited:

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Beta has a horrible bug right now where context sensitive instants cannot be used - for example AW instants and time spells, so beware. I haven't tried but would guess Artifacts as well. According to staff Coin Rain, Supply Windfall, Portal Profits and Troop Summonings are still functional.

I'm quite confident that most of the bugs especially the big ones will not make it to live based on the past so I don't think there's a need to worry.