• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Unknown eggs discovered in Elvenar

DeletedUser3032

I will quote myself;
"You can get relics, assuming you have enough open provinces and enough resources to negotiate (since fighting is impossible) Neighbourly help gives 3 a day MAX."

And measuring by your FS alone, or a forum, is a rather poor way to measure playerbase issues. Because in my FS people are already annoyed by the relic-quests.

You can use your Essences to gain relics although it's not going to be relics 100% of the time. Big egg 30% chance of 12 relics.

Killiak

Artisan
You can use your Essences to gain relics although it's not going to be relics 100% of the time. Big egg 30% chance of 12 relics.

Yeah, I think I already said that is a rather poor way to get relics. Not only is it not even enough to get you through the first quest, it's also a rather high chance to NOT get relics.
And it's a vicous circle. You need the quest to get essence, but with this tactic you need essence first to finish the quest. It's hardly efficient and there is a good chance you want to save that essence for nice daily rewards.

DeletedUser3034

And as to using a FS as a measure, we are a group of 25 players, scoring from 5200 to 189,000, with a reasonably even spread between the two extremes. We represent every chapter, and have differring play styles, yet none have been stuck for relics.

That seems a good sample to me, small, but every level covered, from beginner to "old timer".

Killiak

Artisan
And as to using a FS as a measure, we are a group of 25 players, scoring from 5200 to 189,000, with a reasonably even spread between the two extremes. We represent every chapter, and have differring play styles, yet none have been stuck for relics.

That seems a good sample to me, small, but every level covered, from beginner to "old timer".

It isn't. First of all your FS is not on the live server so your distribution of player level is not representative for it, your selection of players is not randomly picked from the server AND your n is way too small compared to the server as a whole.

Statistically speaking, your FS (or any FS for that matter) can never be a representation for the server as a whole.

DeletedUser3032

Yeah, I think I already said that is a rather poor way to get relics. Not only is it not even enough to get you through the first quest, it's also a rather high chance to NOT get relics.
And it's a vicous circle. You need the quest to get essence, but with this tactic you need essence first to finish the quest. It's hardly efficient and there is a good chance you want to save that essence for nice daily rewards.

I've not been stuck. Considering people have taken the time and effort to provide a list of quests a week before the event starts on live servers you could have opened up several provinces before hand and left them alone until the quest for relics came up. I opened up 2 which I used for Q17. On Q37 I did another province which finished scouting 20 mins (<timed it almost perfectly! :) before I got to the quest, that was another 8. I had 1 from NH and then 12 from a large egg. Job done.

You will have plenty of time to scout province for the last quest requiring relics. Q77 for 32 relics. That's 4 provinces to scout in the next 27 days ;/. However you will have tournament relics from tomorrow and even if they are not your boosted goods, either do them or don't bother and wait till the next tournament in your boosted goods. There is still 27 days to go (3 tournaments).

You will probably become stuck for a few days waiting between Q57 > Q66 because 5 spells are needed. So thats 65hrs. Even though I'm almost at 57 now. Tomorrow evening I'll be at Q66 waiting for 3 spells. While I wait 2 provinces open ready for 16 relics Q77 + 15 from 8 lvl 1 tournament provinces + 1 from NH.

Provinces in tournaments now are very easy to auto-fight so 8 is achievable and cheap resources wise anyways.

DeletedUser3032

Just finishing 39 now. Will leave rest till later. Off to pub for a few hours. Q47 ill do while I sleep. I expect to be at 57 around 8pm tomorrow. Then ill be stuck at 66 later tomorrow night. :(

Killiak

Artisan
I've not been stuck. Considering people have taken the time and effort to provide a list of quests a week before the event starts on live servers you could have opened up several provinces before hand and left them alone until the quest for relics came up. I opened up 2 which I used for Q17. On Q37 I did another province which finished scouting 20 mins (<timed it almost perfectly! :) before I got to the quest, that was another 8. I had 1 from NH and then 12 from a large egg. Job done.

You will have plenty of time to scout province for the last quest requiring relics. Q77 for 32 relics. That's 4 provinces to scout in the next 27 days ;/. However you will have tournament relics from tomorrow and even if they are not your boosted goods, either do them or don't bother and wait till the next tournament in your boosted goods. There is still 27 days to go (3 tournaments).

You will probably become stuck for a few days waiting between Q57 > Q66 because 5 spells are needed. So thats 65hrs. Even though I'm almost at 57 now. Tomorrow evening I'll be at Q66 waiting for 3 spells. While I wait 2 provinces open ready for 16 relics Q77 + 15 from 8 lvl 1 tournament provinces + 1 from NH.

Provinces in tournaments now are very easy to auto-fight so 8 is achievable and cheap resources wise anyways.

First off, it's 68 relics total. That's 8.5 provinces required, whereas scouting times for circle 12 is upwards of 40 hours. That is 14 days worth of scouting assuming you are able to turn it right back on when it is done, and you have the funds. I can only assume that anything beyond circle 12 is even worse time-wise.

Also, you are assuming a lot of things;
1. People reading beta forum for advance knowledge. Looking at who is always discussing here, we can assume the amount of people who read forums is quite low. Advance knowledge is not a fact of life for many.
2. Time. Time is a major issue, and I'm sure it is lovely to be able to be online enough, long enough, to do all the things needed for a smooth event.
3. Resources. Getting through 8.5 provinces, or to combine it with gunning through 3 tournaments is a huge resource drain. I have a 110K score, but I know I don't have the resources.

So again, I can only conclude that the actual attainability of relics has taken quite the nosedive, especially so for people who have advanced more.
Advance knowledge, time, and resources are not a constant and that is why I say that relic quests suck in events.

My 2 cents worth of opinion.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Besides tournament who rewards a good sum of relics, I actually use my brain, it works really well ;)

I simply save up a few provincies for events, problem solved, you can know at least 1-3 weeks ahead of schedule the events is comming to town, so just sart saving those provinces.

most guilds have at least 1 person on some forum, and they inform the others quite well, I havent been in a single guild where not someone informed the others in advance.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3032

First off, it's 68 relics total. That's 8.5 provinces required, whereas scouting times for circle 12 is upwards of 40 hours. That is 14 days worth of scouting assuming you are able to turn it right back on when it is done, and you have the funds. I can only assume that anything beyond circle 12 is even worse time-wise.

Also, you are assuming a lot of things;
1. People reading beta forum for advance knowledge. Looking at who is always discussing here, we can assume the amount of people who read forums is quite low. Advance knowledge is not a fact of life for many.
2. Time. Time is a major issue, and I'm sure it is lovely to be able to be online enough, long enough, to do all the things needed for a smooth event.
3. Resources. Getting through 8.5 provinces, or to combine it with gunning through 3 tournaments is a huge resource drain. I have a 110K score, but I know I don't have the resources.

So again, I can only conclude that the actual attainability of relics has taken quite the nosedive, especially so for people who have advanced more.
Advance knowledge, time, and resources are not a constant and that is why I say that relic quests suck in events.

My 2 cents worth of opinion.

;/ read CW message. You do not need to do 3 tournaments for 68 relics jesus. You could get 68 in 1 tournament. There's 3 tournaments during this event if not 4! So the chances of you having a boosted tournament in the next 27 days is massive. Even if that only gets you the last 32 relics you still have all the time between now and then smashing provinces for the 12 + 20 relics. Easily achieveable. I'm sure 1 good building will turn up in the eggs you want in this time too which will result in you getting relics also. ;/

Day 1 lvl 1 provinces 1-10: 22 relics. Day 2 lvl 2 provinces 1-10: 25 relics. Day 3 lvl 3 province 1-10: 28 relics. That 75 there! So you dont even have to go up to 10. Just do 1-5 for 6 levels (65 relics) < without end rewards.

Besides tournament who rewards a good sum of relics, I actually use my brain, it works really well ;)

I simply save up a few provincies for events, problem solved, you can know at least 1-3 weaks ahead of scedule the events is comming to town, so just sart saveing those provinces.

most guilds have at least 1 person on some forum, and they inform the others quite well, I havent been in a single guild where not someone informed the others in advance.

LOVE

Killiak

Artisan

I simply save up a few provincies for events, problem solved, you can know at least 1-3 weaks ahead of scedule the events is comming to town, so just sart saveing those provinces.

I love how everybody is approaching this from their personal anecdotes when that is the least powerful argument one can have. Also, I am actually mildly offended by your "brain" comment even with the smiley included.

Regardless, my opinion is simply my opinion. Feel free to ignore it as you please.

DeletedUser2957

[The Orc's Nest- Rise of Phoenix Building- Moderator Edit]

Is this prize an upgradable one?

You seam to have to be chapter 8+ in order for it to produce orcs instead of supplies, so as you progress up the research tree - will it upgrade to start supplying orcs when you hit level 8?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3032

I love how everybody is approaching this from their personal anecdotes when that is the least powerful argument one can have. Also, I am actually mildly offended by your "brain" comment even with the smiley included.

Regardless, my opinion is simply my opinion. Feel free to ignore it as you please.

Well your personal opinion has been stated, it's to hard if not impossible and too time consuming to complete the event because of relic quests. We have proved otherwise so your personal opinion is fruitless. There is more relics available to you now then during the christmas event and during that you needed a shed load more of those little rascals. :) 27 days and ticking tick tock tick tock....

DeletedUser3034

Historically, no. Event prizes are 'fixed' at the moment they are won.

Saying that, we do know the devs are teasing new uses for blueprints, I'd love to think it'd be possible to use one to upgrade an event building to the players current tech level :)

Just wishing, and dreaming

Killiak

Artisan
Well your personal opinion has been stated, it's to hard if not impossible and too time consuming to complete the event because of relic quests.

You can put as many words in my mouth as you like, but luckily that doesn't change my original post(s).

But please;
Quote exactly where I wrote that it was too hard, where I wrote that it was impossible, where I wrote it is too time consuming.

[Moderator Edit: Unconstructive comment]

DeletedUser3097

Before responding to any posts, please read this message.

A lively discussion about the event is welcomed and different points of view can be expressed. However it is not permissible to cross the line and disrespect others and their opinions.

The forum rules are:

• Please help us keeping harmony in the community. Make sure that you treat others respectfully, do not insult anyone and remain polite. Aggressive, vulgar and provocative language will not be tolerated.
  • Report aggressive messages to the staff of moderators and never reply publicly to them. Reply to posts always in a civilized and constructive way.
  • Remember that we all have different backgrounds and different opinions. Respect is the key of the game!
Thank you for your co-operation.

Timneh

Artisan
Is this prize an upgradable one?

You seam to have to be chapter 8+ in order for it to produce orcs instead of supplies, so as you progress up the research tree - will it upgrade to start supplying orcs when you hit level 8?

It would be good if a CM or moderator could find out the answer to this question as there are two prizes in this event to do with orcs, The Orc Nest and Grounds of the Orc Strategist. If the Orc Nest does not upgrade to supply the Orcs when players reach chapter 8 there is no point in trying to get it if you are in a lower chapter. The Orc Nest will give supplies before chapter 8 but my workshops provide all the supplies i need, when they don't i will upgrade them. Orc Strategists will be produced at all chapters. This is all based on information i have found elsewhere so theoretically could be wrong.