• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Unknown eggs discovered in Elvenar

DeletedUser3097

Thanks for your question, Narie. I checked for you and here is the answer:

Upgrading event buildings isn't possible, as with all event buildings.

Moved to the event thread as this is a question others might also ask.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 106219

The difficulty of getting relics depends on where you are in the tech tree. On Beta I have scouted and completed exactly 100 provinces. I am now working on Advanced Scouts for the Dwarves chapter (currently at 54/94). I am currently at a quest that wants me to get 20 Relics, and the upcoming tournament is the only realistic way I can get them. Scouting more is out of the question - I was already facing armies that were ~equal in size to my own, so no scouting for me until I finish the Advanced Scouts tech (which will now take longer because of the reduced KP from the tournaments). That leaves me with NH and tournaments as a way to get the relics.

With the increased cost (both for Catering and for fighting) and the decreased number of relics for the early rounds getting the required relics IS harder. Not completely impossible, but definitely harder. It would have been even worse if I was at the end of a previous chapter, because at the end of "Chapter II", at the end of "Chapter III", at the end of "Chapter IV", AND at the end of "Chapter V" I was facing armies that were bigger than my own.

DeletedUser3034

68 relics TOTAL now, 193 at Christmas event - not harder

Attainability: in tournament, 1st prov has 9 relics available, 2nd 11, 3rd 13, 4th 15 ..... 1st FS chest gives 2 more, 2nd 3 more, 4th 4 more
Also available in rehular encounters as well as NH.

Looks like more than enough, just gotta do the work

DeletedUser1727

Bought 2 140 star chest(large) and 5 of the 5 star ( small) Not even 1 of the daily reward!! So done with this event.

DeletedUser3032

Attainability: in tournament, 1st prov has 9 relics available, 2nd 11, 3rd 13, 4th 15 ..... 1st FS chest gives 2 more, 2nd 3 more, 4th 4 more

Completely correct. Even in the 28 days I'm sure even those who have high scouting times can scout a couple more and stock up resources for them just to top up on the relics from the tournaments if they dont get enough just doing them.

@RecklessFox

Better off just doing the large eggs. Only buy the smaller ones at the end when you dont have 120 for a large.

DeletedUser3097

Bought 2 140 star chest(large) and 5 of the 5 star ( small) Not even 1 of the daily reward!! So done with this event.
The large Phoenix egg has a 25% chance of getting a daily reward- don't give up! The only ways to not get a daily reward are extreme bad luck or if you just stop trying.

DeletedUser3032

Have all the bugs been fixed for this event on live servers now?

Killiak

Artisan

I guess we have found something to disagree on then.

Deleted User - 13667

The improvement to the quests are there. There is an actual alternative to scout 1 province. :)
Alas, the demand to get 2 x Provision spell is not given a choice which still leaves those who do not have the MA stuck. :(

Quest route to buy 12 KP or solve 12 encounters sound absolutely ridiculous. The cost of buying KP to date has only increase. Unless there are researches at each tier to lower this cost else it is already much too expensive to buy for those "old timers" and the new battle system makes it impossible to win a fight

DeletedUser3032

The improvement to the quests are there. There is an actual alternative to scout 1 province. :)
Alas, the demand to get 2 x Provision spell is not given a choice which still leaves those who do not have the MA stuck. :(

Yup it's much better now. I didn't even think about the spell quests, seems a little cheeky for those without the MA. And then there is the fact there is quests to gain T2/T3 goods which they wouldn't have yet either. Yes in a FS they can pass stuff back and for but it's not ideal. Very small city footprint also during Chpt 1 which would limit even more the amount of WS and Factories to the point of not even completing 1 or 2 quest a day.

Deleted User - 106219

You are making a wrong assumption: That a player can finish all rounds of a province. Due to the 16 Hour timer I simply cannot get past round 5 of a province. And it's not just me.

Comparing this event to the Christmas one is pointless - back then the tournaments were different. They were cheaper (on Beta I now need Tier III goods even in the first round of the first province, when that was not the case before) and more rewarding (I could get a total of 10 Relics from just the first two rounds of the first province). The FS chests don't matter - I won't get anything from them until the end of the tournament, and by then I should be long done with my current quest, and as I mentioned scouting new provinces is out of the question - any more than what I have scouted so far and I will be out of the expected zone. Plus I don't have the goods or the troops to complete any World Map encounters. I had gotten to below 500 Planks and below 3 squads of most troops. I have recovered somewhat in the last few days, but I am still pretty low on resources, and I need to keep some in reserve for research.

In short, at this point in time for my Beta city getting just 20 Relics is A LOT harder than it was before. So please stop telling me how it's not harder. If it's easier for you - good for you! But not everyone is in the same position!

DeletedUser3032

@shadowblack
Tournament provinces are now more expensive because there is only 4 encounters. I presume you know that. also it depends where you are in the techtree and also how many squad size researches you have done which makes battling harder.

There is still 26 days of the event left. If the other quests are a breeze for you then you will still be able to complete it even if you are stuck waiting on each relic quests for a couple of days.

If it's seriously ridiculously insanely hard all around is everything including production + supplies balanced for where you currently are in the game? Or armories + barracks for battling rather than negotiating?

At the end of the day, they cannot please everyone. If they could it would be gain 1 relic, gain 1 kp, spend 1 kp, lose a battle, visit a neighbor and make a house lvl 1. End of event. Which would suck.

cwgiii

Shaman
For the Valentine's Event, I was in a difficult position because I could not scout any new provinces until I was able to produce Orcs and I had not even begun The Orc age. I basically realized that that particular event was impossible for me, but I enjoyed going as far as I could. It was just not my time. Now I am able to move forward with this event (challenging as it is). Sometimes, saving your resources for other priorities is not such a bad idea.

Deleted User - 106219

Another thing that is easy to forget is that in earlier chapters you have a limited number of tournament provinces unlocked, which further limits the amount of Relics you can get. For example, on Beta I have just 9 Scrolls provinces unlocked (of the 100 I have completed), and from completing round 1 of each of those 9 I got a total of 18 Scrolls Relics. That's 18 out of the 20 I need for my current quest (+1 more from helping a neighbour, for a total of 19/20).

That's another thing that could make things difficult for some players - having a small number of finished provinces for the current tournament.

DeletedUser3032

@shadowblack You right there, but why so difficult in later game unless very unbalanced production?

@cwgiii always good to do! especially when its a tournament you will gain boosts on. Without doing calcs I'd prob say a boost in production from relics is a lot better than upgrading buildings.

DeletedUser3034

@shadowblack - True, small player has less tourney provs to gain relics, BUT, that same small player has an edge on being able to clear normal provinces at 8 relics each. I'm playing cities from 1 week old to almost into chapter 5, and the tiny one is the easiest for the relic quests. On other quests, it struggles.

Killiak

Artisan
It's interesting to see how the magic eggs never hit a building. I guess my village has a magic shield or so?

Alcaro

Necromancer
I'm a pretty new player and now I have a quest "Accept 5 Trades Offers / Place 1 Trade Offer". Unfortunately, the offers are so high (like 5000 steel or other things, like silk, crystals or magic dust which I don't even have them since on the Research Tree I just reach them) that I need a month at least to gather all the good necessary for 5 trades. It means that my Rise of Phoenix is over for me? The eggs what I gather during the day are not enough to really reach those eggs to win a building. Any idea how I can pass over this terrible quest? :eek:

One question off topic. What am I suppose to do to "produce 1 Mage Journal"?

Last edited:

Shadow Mike

Soothsayer
Alvaro I presume you are not in a fellowship yet so I would suggest messaging a near by player that can put a small trades for you.

cwgiii

Shaman
Alcaro,
If you are not art of a fellowship, you might consider joining one to be able to ask your fellows for help. I have been posting very small trades intentionally to help out some of my newer fellows, but it has definitely helped others in my trade area.

If you prefer to stay solo, I would specifically reach out to folks in your area to see if they can help. It is a good idea to build trade relationships in general, but this could be a good excuse to "break the ice".

Also, communication is always key. Reach out to those players with the big posts and simply ask for a smaller trade. Explain your situation nicely and I bet they will be happy to accommodate. No one is a mind reader, so it never hurts to ask.

Being an active player that asks for something can be very beneficial rather than being a passive player that just waits for things to drop in your lap.

Just some ideas.