• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion The Mystery of the Misty Forest

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
@Pauly7 As you said, the only and unic good thing about this event is the Witch hut (for the free troops it gives) besides that, chests and daily prizes are all either nerfed or so hard to get.

About the spire, not all players have a FS that reach high levels in the Spire, for many players the events were the only place where they got good time intants supply and after that, troop instants helped them a lot in tournaments and spire itself

Pauly7

Magus
@Pauly7 As you said, the only and unic good thing about this event is the Witch hut (for the free troops it gives) besides that, chests and daily prizes are all either nerfed or so hard to get.
I mean the free troops coming out of lost items. I racked up tons of them over the course of the event on Beta. I think the most common items are the ones that give out troops.
About the spire, not all players have a FS that reach high levels in the Spire, for many events were the only place where they got good time intants supply and after that troop instants helped them a lot in tournaments and spire itself
I am not saying I am happy that's the way it has gone, but that's why the time instants aren't given in events anymore.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Well, Im in the 29th quest and open already lot of items, trying to win pumpkin patches, and haven´t found any, I thought they have had rid of them, but asking my fellows, looks they are in the event. Well thank you Pauly, I´ll try to catch some of those, but what I did say about they nerfing events is quite right, in no time they would rid of squad instants.

cwgiii

Shaman
Aside aside.. But players, please do remember that there can be consequences to having preferences...

True. No need for the snarkiness.

'Tiss difficult and disheartening to see the decisions that Inno continues to make, that make our decision making less and less relevant (changing the rules so often mid-stream). Ex: nerfed structures at the micro-economic scale, through to the macro-economics of shifting from a city building game to more of a military based game.

Sir Derf

Adept
Question - do Combining Catalysts, Pet Foods or Teleports count in Quests that call for gaining or using Enchantments, or is that limited only to Provision, Endowment, Manufacturing and Meditation?

wiccabird

Seeker
This style of event is horrid.

Unlike previous events where every action on the event board advances your Artifact meter, with this event, you're not guaranteed that any light source you use will advance your meter. There will be some unfortunate sod (ME!) who placed lights consecutively and only one spirit to the meter. This is ridiculous. With no FA to follow this event, how on earth is anyone going to be able to finish this event reliably without being reliant on pure luck and god forbid, without digging into one's pocket? This is slowly degenerating into a pay-to-play situation.

Add to that the fact that there is a cost to illuminating a square of fog, but that cost isn't justified until you illuminate squares up to a chest. So again, one can be so unlucky as to have to illuminate several squares before getting something. And that something ain't that worth it.

I feel it would have been so much better if the quests weren't limited. Putting a cap on the number of quests means limiting the number of tries one gets to shine the right light at the right reward. If the concern of the developers are the people who are able to get multiples of the Evolving Building by being whales, then won't it be easier to just remove the Evolving Building from the cycle of rewards since it is automatically awarded from the 5th quest of the event quest? Without a second Evolving Building, then players have a choice to continue earning points, lighting paths for the fun of it.

The concept isn't bad. Just the execution.

Speaking of which, why can the candle light a fogged square but the lamp and jar must be put on an already lit square? So long as the intended fogged square is adjacent to a lit square I don't see why it isn't allowed. I means I have to use a candle JUST SO that I can use the lamp or jar. Not cool. Not cool at all.

This game continues to disappoint.
I agree, all this time and still trying to get the first artifact, takes too long and haven't even won a building yet after opening a lot. I spend money sometimes on this game but things like this just makes me disappointed and unwilling to be enthused enough to play, I love this game but getting very annoyed, making it so you have to spend money to get building to level 10 at this time of covid, shame on you.

Pauly7

Magus
Question - do Combining Catalysts, Pet Foods or Teleports count in Quests that call for gaining or using Enchantments, or is that limited only to Provision, Endowment, Manufacturing and Meditation?
Combining catalysts definitely do. Not sure about the others, but I think not. I seem to remember, in the past, taking exception to the fact that pet food was in the enchantment menu, but didn't count as one.

cwgiii

Shaman
If memory serves, I agree with Pauly. I think the explanation was that the 5 spells that can be produced in the MA (from the "Enchantments Library" on the "Produce" tab), count.

POP, EE, MM, IM, and CC.

I am sure we will be informed if otherwise is true.

DeletedUser2838

Hate it! How are you supposed to know the best place to put the light sources? Candles I can put anywhere but the other two only light up placement spots on the left of the screen that genearlly consist of de-misted squares already. So the lantern that lights up a column may only show 2 new squares, the light globe that can light up a block of squares often only shows 2 or 3 new squares. Why can I only open bits of the map I have already gone through? I've spent well over a thousand of those collected thingys so far and have got 4/20 cats for the first item. At that rate it will be impossible to get to the end. I see no cats. And having to have two costs for gaining an item - one to see it, a second to demist it for collection, just make everything very expensive. The evolving buildings are no longer of interest, they aren't worth the space they occupy any more, and if the prizes no longer include time instants or troop instants then this event has nothing to offer me.

cwgiii

Shaman
I have not actually played into the forest yet (holding my fire till we get to a daily that I am remotely interested in). But....

I think the idea behind the lantern and globe is that you must 1st drill into the mist (using a candle or three) far enough to maximize the use of the lantern or globe. I may be wrong, but this is how I interpreted the posts thus far.

Pauly7

Magus
I have not actually played into the forest yet (holding my fire till we get to a daily that I am remotely interested in). But....

I think the idea behind the lantern and globe is that you must 1st drill into the mist (using a candle or three) far enough to maximize the use of the lantern or globe. I may be wrong, but this is how I interpreted the posts thus far.
Yep, that's about it. Carve a path through with the candles then clear spaces with the other two.

cwgiii

Shaman
Question Pauly. You may not remember the very begining of the forest. But, if you do...

Does the 1st column (that happens to be free of blockages) need to be cleared, or is it kind of a clearing to get started. In other words, does the 1st candle need to be placed there, or in the next column where the gap lies between blockages?

I just don't want to wate a Lantern to start with, if not necessary.

Sir Derf

Adept
I don't know if it's the same for everybody. I haven't started yet, since I'm waiting for particular dailies...

For me, I have a clear column A, except for a misty A3, and obstacles in all of column B, except for a dark B3.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I think what can be confusing, is to de-mist all spots. Do you clear every single spot on the map, bar the obstacles, or just get an idea of what is where, and move on to try and find places that actually show hidden objects? One might miss a cat by not opening all, but on the other hand, you can find so much more by just progressing to the right.

To get any specific daily, I have given up on that. Less than 10% chance for most and finding the cauldron with the higher % is just plain rare. As luck goes, I get dailies in the cities I don’t need them. Lol, and do I need broken shards? No siree, but I get lots. So little Blue will be chasing blue cats.

One can even reason that the level 1 Witch Hut is not so bad. Level 10 is just double level 1. Is it worth the frustration to get it to level 10? Just a thought ...