• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Petition to Elvenar Developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser441

I've got 184 discovered neighbours , 181 of which give me 286 goods . That's 51,766 boosted goods a day. If that is reduced to 3 x 2860 I will lose 43,186 goods a day. That will wreck my ability to cater / negotiate and trade. :mad: :( I will also spend a lot less time on this game as I will not be spending 3 hours a day doing NH in future , maybe no time at all !:eek:
I agree with Timneh in wondering how most players will gain and NH will be encouraged :confused: :rolleyes:

Inno please explain clearly in good English why this change is being made. o_O

Jackluyt

Shaman
1. I had two days to think this through - and I decided that the fair solution would be if the developers gave us on average 1 chest for every twenty visits.
Three basics in the first ten visits, as is the case now, to be fair to beginners - but thereafter, one chest for every 'x' number of visits.

That would mean that you would be rewarded proportionately to the amount you visit!

This is something I have wanted since the Chests were introduced - and now there is a good reason to implement it!!

Also perhaps a random Mystery Chest every now and then - with perhaps an extraordinary (rare) prize, or, most often, something common and plain - or even a booby prize...

DeletedUser441

I find looking for treasure chests to be time consuming and a pain , literally , in adding to my use of the touchpad. (I don't like mice :)). I will not be happy losing any goods , as this change really does wreck my game.:( 1 chest for every 10 visits would be equal and fair.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Wow, more than one day and 3 pages of comments from people turning stone cold crazy about a new feature and no staff deigned to even try giving the usual passe-partout, magical "we are aware of it but it's planed and will happen" that usually means "shut up, we rule, you suffer"...
i usually get faster 2 bad points when just using some stared words for good purposes... that means this forum goal is grammar not exchanging ideas i bet... :D
... and also "woofing dog doesn't bite"... the most we talk on it, the less steam we hold, it's an outlet for our grievances...
grievious.jpg
"I'm grievious..."____
not.grievious.jpg
"I expressed my anxieties, I'm no more grievious"

But it's cheaper to cry here than on a psy sofa though :p
images
"Doc, my CL will give me less goods ! I'm afraid..."
" Huhu. Do you feel alleviated ? It's 50€. See you next week... I show you the door."

Last edited:

DeletedUser3032

A couple of other questions you can answer for me too Inno is how the hell do you work out that most players will get more goods than they get now with the change and how the hell do you work out that this change will increase the amount of NH in the game. Here is a message for the game devs...take your heads out of your backsides and give them a good shake and then try listening to what the people that actually play this game are telling you and stop being such a bunch of dumb asses that don't know as much as you think you do.

I suspect THEY have somehow calculated that a lot of people who have the wonder but only visit for the chests and go no further because they do not need resources. This seems to be 'the ones' who will gain more resources. So they will be catering for them but screwing over the majority (99%) who actually visit their NH on a daily basis, which is what they are trying to make more people do. It doesn't make sense at all does it.... Inno ya lame and backward

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2452

I vote yes and hope they will not implement it in game world ( it is impossible )

According to some reply in beta forum, Inno ( internal) has already decide
"Inno will not change that logic and Inno is going to implement it in game world "

I play in beta world and the change is already happen in beta world, my experience
Inno is just change the content of 3 chest, instead of giving you relic or spell or kp, they give you 10Xgoods

There is no more chest, just original 3 chest only, it is basically equalvanet to visiting 30 player ( 24 fellowship member + 6 hoods) in the current game world Great Bell /Crystal Lighthouse system

you still get coins as before
you still get supplies if it is a "return visit"

chest will pop up in your fellowship or hoods ( some people think it is only happen in fellowship only, it is incorrect)
when you start doing visit (normally after 23 hour), chest will up no matter the target of visit is in hood or fellowship

To me, normally the first 3 visit when visit re-start in that day , I already get 3 chests....< it means I do not need to visit any more if my goal is obtaining additional goods , because there is all you all can get >, thereafter I can stop all visit

As a loyalty to my fellowship, I just continue to polish all my fellowship member even I get no more goods

As a good friend to my hoods, I just follow "notification" to check those "hand" and "return-visit" to them

"notification" is the "button" next to "letter". The "notification" only contain 10 pages and 60 record ( 10 pages X 6 record per page)
It record who visit you and who take your trades
Normally we can set 30 trades. If your market is quite active and you set 30 trades, It just mean u can only 30 records showing who ( your fellowship and hoods) has visit you. At the worst scenario, u have 24 fellowship member , then u can only record 6 hoods visiting you.
Because of it, I already stop posting any more trades, so i can have at least 36 ( 60 record- 24 fellowship members ) record showing the hoods who visit me and i can "return-visit"

operating "notification" to do "return-visit" is very upset... u need to return to your city and re-open "notification" and move to correct page and then u can jump to "hoods who visit you"

Personly, I do not see "any good in mobile system" as Inno do not implement "mobile system" in the area I live. Mobile system only exist in UK and France... It seems player in UK and France has determine "how the game run in the rest part of world"

I do not see any good in that mobile system. But I do see the diaster it bring to other part of world

DeletedUser

I really loved the concept behind this AW -- that by applying diligent work, you got small but predictable benefit for every neighbor visited. More diligence = more profit. More work = more resources. It was appealing and natural, and something that I love resource-based games for.

Now... boy, I'm really glad I haven't built my Bell Spire yet! Imagine if I sank precious KPs into upgrading it only to have it all taken away. I would feel seriously wronged by the devs.

Why not remove NH from the game completely if it's so difficult for the devs to handle?

DeletedUser3032

Firstly they make the wholesaler worthless and now this AW because we are getting 'too many' resources. Those resources were used for tournaments etc. So I'd expect now to see quite a few people throwing fewer goods into tournaments etc. 40k resources a day from the AW in some cases. That is 280k per week, which is quite a substantial amount which won't be available for a lot of players to use in tournaments now. Which will make everything apart from individual goals and objectives obsolete or at least not worth the current effort/resources/time players put it for the weekly tournaments etc.

DeletedUser3078

Personally I will stop visiting any neighbours not visiting me if this is true, as it will not be worth my time. Before anyone mentions the coins and supplies from the other visits, it simply will not be worth my time to do visits. I'm building the AW because of the extra goods collected and will feel very annoyed if it is changed in this way. The result of this change for me will be, I will be less likely to put so much time into playing the game anymore as it is becoming tedious, at the moment least I get goods for visits which helps currently.

Timneh

Artisan
Inno please explain clearly in good English why this change is being made.

According to the beta release notes the reason for this change is simple...to make it easier to balance and track the AW (Innos words)

1. I had two days to think this through - and I decided that the fair solution would be if the developers gave us on average 1 chest for every twenty visits.
Three basics in the first ten visits, as is the case now, to be fair to beginners - but thereafter, one chest for every 'x' number of visits.

That would mean that you would be rewarded proportionately to the amount you visit!

Jack the simple fact of the matter is that there does not need to be a change of any kind because the way the AW works now is not causing any problems in the game. They only want to change it to make things easier for themselves. The devs get paid to work, they should try doing a little and stop looking for ways to make thier jobs even easier.

DeletedUser3032

I just don't see what they are trying to track... the game puts my KP into a wonder the devs don't do anything manually in the process. It's all automated. They don't bother banning those pushing KP with alt accounts, so what is there to track?? They also don't credit us manually with the goods we gain from visits, so again what is there to track?? Is it me or is there another reason behind this change and that is just a made up reason?? They certainly wouldn't give the reason 'It's to give you less resources and to slow your progress down'. < Which is more than likely the real reason behind it. We are fed BS again.

38 Yes votes and no comment from CM. Thought ideas and suggestions when they get 20 votes get discussed which this technically is.

DeletedUser441

All is very quiet on the Inno/Elvenar Team front !
Tell the truth ! This is done to further slow progress in the game.
Ever heard of "Cutting off your nose to spite your face" ?

I hope all the paying players agree that this is a bad change and "vote" by not spending more.
That may change the Devs minds. Hit them in the pocket ; it seems the only language they understand. :mad: :p Slow the game more , frustrate impatient players , give them more offers and the weak minded wealthy will pay to make up losses. ( Instants - Hah ! ). I've always thought Timon looked "shifty". Perhaps he has a conscience.

Last edited by a moderator:

Timneh

Artisan
I just don't see what they are trying to track... the game puts my KP into a wonder the devs don't do anything manually in the process. It's all automated. They don't bother banning those pushing KP with alt accounts, so what is there to track?? They also don't credit us manually with the goods we gain from visits, so again what is there to track?? Is it me or is there another reason behind this change and that is just a made up reason?? They certainly wouldn't give the reason 'It's to give you less resources and to slow your progress down'. < Which is more than likely the real reason behind it. We are fed BS again.

Yep i totally agree with you. There is a good chance that the real reason is likely to cause even more uproar than the change itself although i would like to think that even the idiots in the dev team could think of a better false reason than the one they gave in the release notes. Oh wait what am i saying, this is the inno devs i am talking about. Only 1 brain cell between them all.

All is very quiet on the Inno/Elvenar Team front !
Tell the truth ! This is done to further slow progress in the game.
Ever heard of "Cutting off your nose to spite your face" ?

I have noticed over the last few weeks or so that the CMs on the forums are not visiting much if at all, even the update release notes are being posted by the moderators.

A little while ago on beta the question was asked about why there were so many quests in events that were 5 and 15 min prods in WS and the answer was that Inno wanted to make people stay in the game longer when they came online....this change is going to make people play shorter(in my opinion) as they will not bother to visit all neighbours unless they need coins and this will hurt the new and smaller players that need NH to help them progress. I am not going to spend hours every day visiting cities and doing NH just to get coins that i don't need.
Inno say they think this change will increase the amount of NH in the game, as i have already said i would love to hear how they worked that one out. Inno you need to read the comments in this thread and the thread on the beta forum and that might make you see what a dumb statement that was.

DeletedUser3182

I truly do not understand the devs' reasoning. If the object of an exercise, task or change is to make us stay in the game longer, then doing something that is mind numbingly boring, is going to be the answer. 50x 5min, 35x 15mins does not make me want to stay in the game, it just means do it to achieve an objective for an event.

People have lives outside this game, the devs may think that this game is their life because it's their job and they can spend eight or more hours at it, but it's not ours.

Also I still have trouble with the 'most players want to visit to help neighbours' - maybe, but as already stated, in one of my cities virt- ually all the neighbours are inactive and usually, the city has a mh, bh, and a couple of residences and they've been like that for some time. Even one of my fellows where I'm a mage has now gone inactive - as he's not said anything, I don't know if he's gone off on holiday, is ill or even just dumped the game (yes, I know I can evict him eventually, but usually I wait in case it was an unexpected event).

The point is, telling us what we think, and using it as an excuse for making inexplicable and frankly unnecessary changes, is not a good idea, especially when we know they haven't a clue how players think - they've shown it repeatedly.

I realise the mods may not want to come out of hiding and face the crowd of unhappy players, but seriously what's the worst that can happen to them? Wouldn't the mood be a whole lot different if Inno communicated through the mods or one of the development team came on and gave a valid, reasonable and truthful response?

Like Timneh, I don't do the visits to get coins or tools, I have a surfeit of those and am constantly spending them in the wholesaler or buying KP (does this change mean I won't need so many KP to upgrade AWs, if the changes that are proposed mean I don't need AWs, because is any AW safe from tinkering to make it worthless to us).

I do visits because it helps in the fellowship, neighbours are limited to the few that exchange visits. I don't do inactives and I don't do any which can't be bothered to return the visits (I usually try a few times and then give up). So, no visiting isn't about merely helping the neighbours, many of them aren't there to be helped . I don't have time to spend hours visiting, so mutual benefit is more important than altruism. The reason I keep bringing this up is because Inno think making spurious claims is going to make us feel a change is worth it. What is helping me or other players by monitoring and tracking visits or activities, it hasn't resulted in better events or more innovative and worthwhile tasks.

Here's a thought, instead of tools or coins, how about giving goods or spells or kp as a reward to the mindless tasks and I might just do them more often. I just got asked to do 5min supplies when I entered the fairies as a farewell from the dwarves - and the point of this was................... Oh yes, according to Inno, to make me play more. Well, here's the thing, I set up a w/s and did them over two days, and I didn't play more I played less and absolutely wasn't bothered by the more tools and coins. I play 3,3,3,9 for everything including workshops. Sometimes, I don't even come in after the 3hours, I leave it until I'm ready because during dwarves, there's not much else going on.

I realise like Timneh, they probably won't listen to the players and will carry on their merry way thinking they know what's best for us and that we just have to suck it up. Probably we'll continue to play and players will start and leave almost immediately, or they'll stay a while and leave, or like the few they will find a game they really liked and then suddenly it's not and they also leave. Don't think because players stay the course and accept most changes, that they will always be there. There's a lot of business that took their customers for granted which don't exist any more.

If they really want to find out if something works for players, get out of the dev lab, pick up an ordinary, fairly average computer or laptop and play the game for a month as a player. Then have a survey about which are the best and worst features, even ask what improvements the players would like - maybe then they can claim they know something about what the players are thinking.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
First of all, thanks a lot for all of your feedback all. We've been reading it, and we can already tell you that it will be considered. Note: that does not guarantee any changes, only that we will have another look at what changes we'll be making, and see what would be the better decision.

That said, we do also see more and more discussions on the forum on Beta-related topics (the changes discussed here do currently only affect the Beta market), and we will be hosting a discussion thread for everything Beta-related from now on. You can find it here: News from Beta (click), including a more detailed explanation of why we've made this decision. Please feel free to continue the discussion in that thread. Thank you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.