• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Petition to Elvenar Developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1207

Dear Elvenar Pixies

Please do not change our Crystal Lighthouse as it will harm the game and here are the 3 main reasons:

A) It will discourage daily visits to neighbors, which is very important to the social aspects of the game.

B) Most of us already have more relics than we can use, so it devalues the Lighthouse itself.

C) Many of us chose or AW's carefully because space is a key element of the game and we have major investments in time in those buildings; replacing AW's is not an option as you lose all your previously invested KP's.

So we the players implore you not to kill our lighthouses

DeletedUser441

Have I missed something ? Where does it say anything about changing the Crystal Lighthouse ?

DeletedUser3542

Ok i saw this there The mechanics for the Ancient Wonders, Crystal Lighthouse and Great Bell Spire, have changed.
This Ancient Wonder now gives 10 times more goods. This change also means that you can only find the goods in chests.
so if you can only find 3 chests a day as we do now we will be losing out not gaining at all.. it goes on to say. We do want NH to be more and more convenient to perform in the future (see the mobile system). And we think that this is the most important element to push people to perform Neighborly help and make sure it's as easy convenient as people. now if i earn a few goods for visiting every one of my neighbours it mounts up to a good heap so i'm encouraged to go visit them, but if our reward is put into a few chests then whats the point going to more after i found the chests..?? i see this as no no it will put people off visiting if it is just the 3 chests as now. .. you know we have a saying here, if it aint broke dont fix it.

DeletedUser1207

I could not have said it better myself! We need encourage neighborly help as much as possible thank you!

DeletedUser3542

Truth is i visit every one of my FS members daily and also everyone i have discovered on the map, even those that don't return the visit, but to speed things up when i visit the ones that don't return visits i will not click their set choices of BH or Culture but only their main hall as its the first thing i see when i land.. for everyone else i do try to click their choice if it is available if not i go with the next choice ect if there is one.. so do i need my Bell spire messed with ? na leave it alone. if it looks like its leaving me short after the change i'll delete the bell spire and put in another factory or even a workshop.

Shadow Mike

Soothsayer
If we stay with only 3 chests per day then I will not gain anything...On the contrary. Sometimes the developers of this game are like politicians that are disconnected with the electorate :rolleyes: They do what they want and not what we need ;)

DeletedUser805

The chests are too easily awarded in the first few visits, and so this will also not encourage players to visit all their neighbours.
Additionally the chests are currently unavailable if you visit using a mobile, although I daresay that will be rectified.
The current benefit is already linked to game progress (completed provinces) so I cannot see why it needs to be changed, nor does it appear to be compatible with the stated aim of helping advanced players benefit more from the AWs

DeletedUser4601

Why do they keep changing things? It was the same with the trader, if they change the Bell Spire I shall give up completely, I'm bored as it is with the chapters taking months to complete, I m on woodelves, and its tedious to say the least.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
If I understood the change well, that means the spells and KP we are usually finding in the 3 chests will be replaced by goods...
If it's the case, I would prefer all to stay unchanged : those spells are welcome during some events...

Timneh

Artisan
If I understood the change well, that means the spells and KP we are usually finding in the 3 chests will be replaced by goods...
If it's the case, I would prefer all to stay unchanged : those spells are welcome during some events...

I was thinking the same thing. Could this be a way that the devs are trying to force players to build and use a MA. Another case of the devs saying play the way WE want you to play not the way YOU want to play.

DeletedUser441

This might help , copied from the Beta Forum :
  • The mechanics for the Ancient Wonders, Crystal Lighthouse and Great Bell Spire, have changed.
    This Ancient Wonder now gives 10 times more goods. This change also means that you can only find the goods in chests.
A word from the team:
We changed the mechanic for this ancient wonder. For the vast majority of players, you will end up having more rewards than you used to. For some players, you may get a tiny bit less. So why do this? Simple because now, this system will be easier to balance and track on our side.

Some may say they would have fewer reasons to do NH, but in fact, the majority of players is not doing NH for these rewards, but to actually help their fellowship members and neighbors.

We do want NH to be more and more convenient to perform in the future (see the mobile system). And we think that this is the most important element to push people to perform Neighborly help and make sure it's as easy convenient as people.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

I presently get 285 boosted goods for each visit (NH) , so does that mean I'll get 2,850 goods in three chests which I have to search for ? If so I will be losing a great deal of goods every day :(. About 40,000 of them. :mad:
Or does it mean we have to search every city for a Treasure Chest , tripling the time taken to do NH. :mad:

DeletedUser

That's not what they're saying...it means that along with the three chests you get that have spells/relics/KP in them, you will receive your goods, which will also be in chests. So basically, you will be searching for six chests altogether.

DeletedUser441

So I'll still be losing a lot of boosted goods ! ? If I lose the 40k goods a day I will probably stop doing my NH.

I would really appreciate clarification from the Elvenar Team.

Last edited by a moderator:

forictori

Adventurer
Not so firmly against it.
The idea has it's cons & pros guys. It will benefit players who got less time and only return visits. It will safe time for them and give them the chance to get the goods equal or close to equal if visiting entire map. Well yeah but hurts the Neighbor Help indeed.

DeletedUser4494

I am new to the Forums & this one caught my attention, Neighbor Help is vital to me, both them coming to help me and with me going around with my visits to them! The Coins I receive & the Treasure Chests are wonderful & I love it when the tinkle sounds for Treasure in the City :p never fails though I always look in the wrong place to start, but when I do find it, I am happy with my gift!
I have 3 Cities, and one of them NONE of my discovered Neighbors coming visiting (and sugar beets didn't grow well either) so that is disappointing to me, but WE can not force the players to do something they don't want to do. It is what it is.
I just hope the Game Makers help us (ME) out more, rather than less.
I love this game, it is a wonderful escape for me from "real life" for awhile.
Any one know when the next EVENT will be???
That's my long 2 cents;)

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
That's not what they're saying...it means that along with the three chests you get that have spells/relics/KP in them, you will receive your goods, which will also be in chests. So basically, you will be searching for six chests altogether.
If you're right, okay, that causes me less trouble... Because I never built the CL and I counted on my 7-6-5 factories to find all my goods... But I understand that some who focused on more wonders and who had half the factories I have because they gained lot of goods through the NH will find that very, very, very sad...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.