• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Petition to Elvenar Developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist

DeletedUser4685

Probably ^^ I imagine you re comming from the French speaking community too :)

DeletedUser3032

There is plenty of game suggestions in the 20+ game forums which don't get looked at and they go ahead and mess things up with their own crappy changes. I think they need to reverse this or change it to be massively better as it doesn't help anyone in its new form. Also they need to concentrate on making new chapters as endgame players in the top few pages are just doing tournaments, getting those blueprints with 24 of their own starter accounts ;) If they can get blueprints for free then they will not need to spend any more money lol. Give them something else to do.

DeletedUser3094

I absolutely support this petition - I have no clue as to why Elvenar see the need for these changes.......are they trying to drive players into quitting the game? Elvenar - time for a rethink please!

DeletedUser3781

I usually visit only my FS + return visits from neighbors, so I wouldn't loose much on it on my daily basis. BUT:
1. it was always nice to have the option to gain more by visiting more... from time to time I was visiting everyone.
2. I predict I'll be visited less.
3. I detest those chests. Looking for them is so boring I stopped doing that altogether unless there's an event quest to get spells and I can't do it via tournament (which is rare). In my opinion we should get rid of those chests, instead of making them more important. :eek:

I didn't cast my vote yet because I don't understand this part of the opening post
B) Most of us already have more relics than we can use, so it devalues the Lighthouse itself.
Can someone explain? Lighthouse has nothing to do with relics as far as I'm aware.

Timneh

Artisan
A few months ago on Inno tv Timon advised players to build all the AWs and upgrade them as they were going to make them fantastic and give great benifits, this change to the bellspire makes it worse than it was before they changed it in the AW rebalance and why have they made this change ? to make it easier to balance and track for the devs, nothing to do with it causing problems in the game like they claimed the wholesaler was doing, just to make the devs lives a bit easier.
This change means that anyone doing NH on more than 30 players will lose out on goods so where is the incentive to visit all neighbours ? At the moment it is worth visiting all neighbours to get the extra goods but when this change comes in i will only visit my FS and the players that visit me as the coins are not enough incentive for me, i throw loads of coins into the wholesaler every day because i am at full capacity. It will save me a lot of time on NH not visiting all neighbours but it is going to hurt a lot of the newer smaller players. When players on beta asked why there were so many 5 and 15 minute prods needed in events the beta CM said it was a way to try and get players to spend more time playing and now they bring out this change that is probably going to reduce the amount of time players are in the game because many are not going to do as much NH (according to comments made on the forums). Inno you need to rethink this change and forget about it. You are slowly taking what WAS a good game and making it worse with every change you make, you need to sack all your game devs and hire people that actually know how to make a game entertaining and enjoyable.

DeletedUser441

I've done my neighbourly help for almost two years , every day , visiting all my neighbours. The gains I get in boosted goods amount to about 50,000 a day. This change will cost me massively in goods gained and so ruin my ability to compete in tournaments. It also greatly slows my ability to scout new provinces. I'm truly considering quitting now.

DeletedUser3542

I'm truly considering quitting now

Slow yerself down Brienne you aint going anywhere yet a while, lets not rush into hasty decisions and give the powers that be time to find out how they are upsetting the natives and see if they will offer a peace offering. I do find it all very odd how they can screw up events and upset almost everyone and then again by coming out with stuff like this.. you would think by now they would relise they don't have all the answers and should include the players in how things change and progress in the game.. it's called Communication it's a big word that means talk and listen to what people are saying.

DeletedUser3032

Slow yerself down Brienne you aint going anywhere yet a while, lets not rush into hasty decisions and give the powers that be time to find out how they are upsetting the natives and see if they will offer a peace offering. I do find it all very odd how they can screw up events and upset almost everyone and then again by coming out with stuff like this.. you would think by now they would relise they don't have all the answers and should include the players in how things change and progress in the game.. it's called Communication it's a big word that means talk and listen to what people are saying.

Never happens. They ask for suggestions, get loads of feedback on them and do nothing. Then they implement changes or something new of their own and 9/10 the communities do not like it because the changes are bad and do not encourage people to play the way they want us to. They need to stop using their own ideas and listen to the communities and THEN maybe throw a little input in themselves before new things or changes are thrown onto beta. They only have 10 heads to come up with new changes, we have 1000000's.

Timneh

Artisan
lets not rush into hasty decisions and give the powers that be time to find out how they are upsetting the natives and see if they will offer a peace offering.

I for one will not hold my breath waiting for that to happen. I still remember the uproar about the changes to the wholesaler and they never gave an inch on that. The wholesaler change however was made because Inno claimed that the way it was before the change was damaging the game somehow but they can not claim that about this change because they have already said in the beta release notes that it is simply to make it easier to balance and keep track of bellspire/lighthouse.

DeletedUser

Well, under this new system, I see myself doing significantly less neighborly help. Probably limit it to my fellowship members and those few neighbors who visit me as determined by the message log.

Those who are going to suffer for this change are the new players who are added to my explored area each time the purge - gold mine - new player rotation loops through. I probably won't be visiting them anymore. The coins just are not worth it. I always hoped that by visiting the new players every day they might be encouraged to stick around at a slightly higher rate than usual.

With the last re-balance, I deleted a couple of my wonders, as they were not worth the space they were taking up. It remains to be seen whether or not I will keep the Bell Spire or not. On a weekly basis it will provide less goods than before as I do my full neighborhood 2-3 times a week in addition to the daily fellowship and visiting neighbors.

p.s. I see this as more of a way to limit the amount of goods you can get as I'm sure they feel those who visit 300 neighbors a day with a high level lighthouse are getting too many goods.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3032

What do they need to keep track of? Alt accounts pushing main account wonders? Doubt it.

Timneh

Artisan
Maybe they are making the AWs worthless so there is no point in having push accounts to level them up. That must be easier than looking for the cheaters and dealing with them and we don't want the devs to tax themselves by actually doing anything do we.

DeletedUser3032

Maybe they are making the AWs worthless so there is no point in having push accounts to level them up. That must be easier than looking for the cheaters and dealing with them and we don't want the devs to tax themselves by actually doing anything do we.

I would love that to be the case but I doubt it tbh. Maybe the crap some of us have caused in the past has got them thinking about how they can sort of monitor it a little better or make the AWs less worth having. Loads are blatantly chasing that 10th chest for the blueprints and KP to level up their premium buildings and wonders using loads of alt accounts.

I just think they are doing things to test to see how we react but with no real intention to revert back or change the changes they have made. Live with it or quit really. Might even be to get people on the forums even though it's all complaints, it's activity :)

DeletedUser4694

I find the space required for most AWs is prohibitive for the benefit they provide. I have built up the bell spire with a lot of investment and the goods are encouragement to do NH outside the fellowship. Retrospective changes are really not fair on the player and I will be quitting if this change comes to fruition.

DeletedUser3542

Can someone explain? Lighthouse has nothing to do with relics as far as I'm aware.

Ok my thought here is that as this line quotes ( This Ancient Wonder now gives 10 times more goods. This change also means that you can only find the goods in chests. ) maybe it was thought by the original poster ,as we currently get relics in those chests among other items this would carry on, i'm not sure but only way i could link relics to the Wonders was through the chests if they remained one of the random items enclosed ) but only Winnetou really knows what he meant but i can see how the chest / Relic link fits in here.

DeletedUser3182

I for one will not hold my breath waiting for that to happen. I still remember the uproar about the changes to the wholesaler and they never gave an inch on that. The wholesaler change however was made because Inno claimed that the way it was before the change was damaging the game somehow but they can not claim that about this change because they have already said in the beta release notes that it is simply to make it easier to balance and keep track of bellspire/lighthouse.

It seems your prescience is quite accurate - there was a post on the Beta Forum as follows

........, the change of CL will be implemented as it is now in Beta. Inno had a meeting about this subject today and decided to change / rollback nothing :( .................................

This is one of my favourite AWs. I love the design and I loved the rewards - even though I've only managed to upgrade to lvl3, it helped when visiting fellows and members. I used a lot of my dwarves spare KP upgrading it, was that a waste now I wonder. Whether it will be worth keeping, or become as useless as the Tome of Secrets, which isn't worth the effort of building (tools for scouting pffffffhhhhh).

I don't know why they decided to make changes, but at least treat us with respect and give us a half-decent reason for the changes, not some words slung together in the hopes they will make sense - which they don't. In one world I have hardly any neighbours, because they are either inactive or transposed into goldmines. How does visiting them help those who aren't playing?

Will this, as I suspect, make visits less likely remains to be seen. To claim they know why players visit is a spurious and disingenuous assumption and may have the unfortunate effect of driving people away.

Timneh

Artisan
@sunshinefantasia in the time i have been playing this game the only thing that the devs have changed from the original plan was the first change to the wholesaler and even that was not left the way it was but they just altered the changes so there was no way i expected them to back down on this change.
I do NH to get the goods, i do not need the coins or the supplies. I have 191 cleared provinces and i get 115 goods for each city i visit and do NH, that gives me 21965 goods 191 x 115 = 21965 when the change to the bellspire comes in i will only get 3450 goods, 115 x 10 = 1150.... 1150 x 3 = 3450 the equivelent to 30 NH visits. Come on Innogames explain to me where is my incentive to visit the other 161 cities and do NH when all i will get for it is coins which i do not need and maybe some supplies if i am returning a visit from that player, supplies which again i do not need. I suppose it is going to save me a couple of hours a day as i will not need to visit all those cities therefore i can spend less time at my pc and do other things instead. A couple of other questions you can answer for me too Inno is how the hell do you work out that most players will get more goods than they get now with the change and how the hell do you work out that this change will increase the amount of NH in the game. Here is a message for the game devs...take your heads out of your backsides and give them a good shake and then try listening to what the people that actually play this game are telling you and stop being such a bunch of dumb asses that don't know as much as you think you do.
One other thing when you make changes like this to the game do not give us piles of BS telling us we will benefit from it when it is so blatantly obvious that we will actually lose out because of it, you must think we are as dumb as you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.