• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Official Discord server arrives September 11th 2023!

I tend to want to avoid multi-faceted sites, especially when they have a great deal of investing going on. I just want to play the game without having to jump through hoops and passwords to do it. I enjoy the game, and I do enjoy an easy trot to a discussion board. Discord won't let me in, and that's okay for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hekata

Artisan
I don't use the forum all the time but I need it a few times a year and always have since I started in 2016.
Discord is much more unwieldy and this place has a live of it's own!
This is a very good example of the usefulness of the forum: sometimes not too much activity because a lot of players don't use it all the time, but a trusted and friendly place where people can get answers or give feedback that's always at everyone's disposal.

(This is from the petition thread, answering here so that it stays manly for people signing it.)

Edit: So.... somehow the spellchecker corrected "friendly" to "unfriendly"! It's been corrected now, Thank you @Jake65 and @Morning Town for pointing out that very weird typo
1697014448807.png

Last edited:

C-Nymph

Necromancer
For what it's worth, Solaris (the US Community Manager) has acted upon our request to add the forum links to EN and US forums in the "Useful Links" channel on Discord in the English section, so that players who now go to Discord looking for info are at least for the coming months still able to find the link to the forums and access all the valuable information that has been gathered here
1697046651212.png

Edit: I thought he added them to the "useful links" section (I assume he's maybe not allowed to add them there..? -> random speculation here based on Inno's top-down forced management as of late :p ). He added them to a pinned post on the main chat channel though, so I guess that's the next best thing, we'll take what we can get ;) At least a CM posted the official links somewhere :) I take that as a sign of support
1697046651212.png

Last edited:

Morning Town

Alchemist
For what it's worth, Solaris (the US Community Manager) has acted upon our request to add the forum links to EN and US forums in the "Useful Links" channel on Discord in the English section, so that players who now go to Discord looking for info are at least for the coming months still able find the link to the forums and access all the valuable information that has been gathered here View attachment 7957

Edit: I thought he added them to the "useful links" section (I assume he's maybe not allowed to add them there..? -> random speculation here based on Inno's top-down forced management as of late :p ). He added them to a pinned post on the main chat channel though, so I guess that's the next best thing, we'll take what we can get ;) At least a CM posted the official links somewhere :) I take that as a sign of support View attachment 7957
Well done @C-Nymph and thank you for your updates and efforts, on all our behalves :)

kimkimkim

Summoner
On a lighter note and I'm sure some of you will be thrilled for me (haha) but I finally got the Gingerbread House base building in the MA this morning. I thought the base buildings would appear in slot 5 but this was in slot 1. But I'm happy to have finally got it, I can shut up about it now.....lol :)
congratulations :D

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Silmaril's recruitment post
I have often thought about whether I’d be fit for the ‘job’… I mean, I love helping out fellow players, but I can do that just as well as an ordinary forum member (and AM and mage of a few FS’s, and Admin of my own Discord server for a select group of Elvenar friends). I think I might also be a bit too critical of Inno for them to hire me :rolleyes: And I’d want to keep being able to give them my unfiltered opinion and feedback ;) Somehow it would also feel as if I would be selling my soul to the devil :oops: (no offense intended to any of the current forum mods, you know I appreciate what you do, it’s just a personal consideration ;) )
But I would feel guilty if they shut down the forums in the end because they couldn’t find new mods…
But it’s also really bad timing as I have a baby due any time now :D
So for now, I think I’ll have to stick to being ‘just’ a forum member…

Hekata

Artisan

Hekata

Artisan
I found this on the US forum. It's a translation of what a CM of the German forum said. It looks like there is indeed a chance that at least a couple of the forums could be left open. Strangely enough the German CM doesn't seem to be particularly keen to advocate for his forum to be the one because people seem to "misbehave" there.

Capture.PNG

In light of this may I just say how much we appreciate you all @Silmaril @anonglitch @Herodite and all you've done for the forum and we hope that your are advocating very vigorously for our forum to be one of those who could survive :D

PS: Not sure why, but the peeps from the US forum seem to think that the forums will be shut down after the winter holidays.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Wow!! I mean... I appreciate their honesty! And I of course cannot speak for the German Forum Community.... but I can't say the same for you guys! Yes there have been times that you have became "overly passionate" about things that have led us to intervene... but a) that's my role and b) that's Forums for you!

And yes, whilst you may not see me doing so, I am shouting from the rooftops for you, and for me. I don't want you to lose this, and neither do I want to lose you guys.

:)