• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Official Discord server arrives September 11th 2023!

Hekata

Artisan

Killiak

Artisan
I found this on the US forum. It's a translation of what a CM of the German forum said. It looks like there is indeed a chance that at least a couple of the forums could be left open. Strangely enough the German CM doesn't seem to be particularly keen to advocate for his forum to be the one because people seem to "misbehave" there.

View attachment 7973

In light of this may I just say how much we appreciate you all @Silmaril @anonglitch @Herodite and all you've done for the forum and we hope that your are advocating very vigorously for our forum to be one of those who could survive :D

PS: Not sure why, but the peeps from the US forum seem to think that the forums will be shut down after the winter holidays.

Wow, just wow.

So the German CM is blaming the community for problematic behaviour on the forum? Perhaps that CM should look in the mirror, because THEY are the one who can correct problematic behaviour on a forum and make it an inviting place for everybody.

If that person can't handle their job properly, they should step down instead of blaming others. What a disgrace and how DARE they even post that; worth getting fired over IMO.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Netherlands' forum also has a petition now.

I love that they have used my banner :)
Funny, I just checked the Dutch forum this afternoon and didn't see it (I checked all the forums that exist so I could share the links in the Discord post), they made it just a bit later than when I looked :)

They used my image too ;) Looks good! :D

Last edited:

OldHag

Necromancer
Wow, just wow.

So the German CM is blaming the community for problematic behaviour on the forum? Perhaps that CM should look in the mirror, because THEY are the one who can correct problematic behaviour on a forum and make it an inviting place for everybody.

If that person can't handle their job properly, they should step down instead of blaming others. What a disgrace and how DARE they even post that; worth getting fired over IMO.

Naughty Germans.
---------------------------
Love the new Banner @C-Nymph :)

Alcaro

Necromancer
I found this on the US forum. It's a translation of what a CM of the German forum said. It looks like there is indeed a chance that at least a couple of the forums could be left open. Strangely enough the German CM doesn't seem to be particularly keen to advocate for his forum to be the one because people seem to "misbehave" there.

View attachment 7973

Wow, just wow.

IMHO, the German CM is blaming others for their poor work in their forum. @Killiak resumed already what I had to say about this. ^^^
Besides that, if they didn't manage to moderate a forum, will they be able to moderate Discord????
rolling-on-the-floor-laughing.gif
oh-go-on.gif
Good joke!

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Hey guys, I have just added to the initial announcement, as it appears that some players have been a bit confused over Discord and had seemed to think that an account was needed there to continue with gameplay. This is not the case at all as we always have and always will be using our own servers for gameplay.
Not quite sure how this was misconstrued, but making sure that everyone is aware that Discord is just a further communication channel, nothing more, nothing less.

m4rt1n

Adept
Hey guys, I have just added to the initial announcement, as it appears that some players have been a bit confused over Discord and had seemed to think that an account was needed there to continue with gameplay. This is not the case at all as we always have and always will be using our own servers for gameplay.
Not quite sure how this was misconstrued, but making sure that everyone is aware that Discord is just a further communication channel, nothing more, nothing less.

Not encountered that anywhere, @Silmaril we are happy for Discord to be another available platform, but not the loss of the forums, it was Inno that made it the main stay with the in game link moving from the forum to Discord, so I would say the confusion lies there, not with the users of the game and forum.

To be clear, the problem is lack of in game info from Innogames, after changing the in game link, that on hover over says Forum and Discord, when it is now Wiki and Discord, and does not say Discord is a third party site unconnected to Innogames, where as the Forum is in house.

I wonder where this concern has arisen, my thoughts are maybe Inno think the petitions are "Save the Game" and not "Save the Forums".
I understand you cannot say as an employee of Innogames but please pass back my feedback that this issue is of their own doing.

Last edited:

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
The confusion has arisen as players have seen the words ''Discord server'' in the initial announcement and unfortunately made some assumptions about far more than the announcement covered.
Not completely sure if this was perhaps caused by language barriers, or something more at play but wanted to address it immediately it came to my attention that this had been totally misconstrued with players thinking they had to play via Discord or leave, which is heart breaking really.

m4rt1n

Adept
The confusion has arisen as players have seen the words ''Discord server'' in the initial announcement and unfortunately made some assumptions about far more than the announcement covered.
Not completely sure if this was perhaps caused by language barriers, or something more at play but wanted to address it immediately it came to my attention that this had been totally misconstrued with players thinking they had to play via Discord or leave, which is heart breaking really.

Yes I agree there, it doesn't help that Inno has a lack of in game information about changes, the app for example currently has 6 options to connect, Wiki, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Support and Forum yet I expect that to be replaced with Discord, PC currently in the same section has just Wiki and Discord. Most older generation like myself play the game on PC and they are the most affected by the change.

McBratty

Enchanter

Wow!! I mean... I appreciate their honesty! And I of course cannot speak for the German Forum Community.... but I can't say the same for you guys! Yes there have been times that you have became "overly passionate" about things that have led us to intervene... but a) that's my role and b) that's Forums for you!

And yes, whilst you may not see me doing so, I am shouting from the rooftops for you, and for me. I don't want you to lose this, and neither do I want to lose you guys.

:)
Awwww feeling all warm and fuzzy! :)

m4rt1n

Adept
Just checked in on the Discord server and now it is asking me to pay $4.99 a month for a more influential account, I guess that would mean my posts mean more to Inno for consideration???

What is happening??? @Herodite

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Just checked in on the Discord server and now it is asking me to pay $4.99 a month for a more influential account, I guess that would mean my posts mean more to Inno for consideration???

What is happening??? @Herodite

So i've noticed a few things on Discord... one is a monthly subscription to Nitro which gives you access to more emojis. And that's for $9.99... but THEN there's also something about a Booster which is around the amount you are suggesting.

Now despite these available subscriptions you don't have to pay these. Discord is, and will remain, a free platform for the basic package which has everything you need.

Unfortunately it's the nature of these sites that they will tempt you to these additional features but you really don't need to subscribe to anything to continue using it's service.

I hope that helps @m4rt1n

Kind Regards

Herodite.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Discord is asking me to pay $4.99 a month
Now despite these available subscriptions you don't have to pay these. Discord is, and will remain, a free platform for the basic package which has everything you need.
Exactly. I've been using Discord since 2016 and I still don't have Nitro, because I always just ignore those ads. It's useless and doesn't really get you anything of value extra, except that you can use custom emoji's, you can upload larger files, you get a special badge (wooptidoo :S ), and you can give 2 "super" reactions (likes) instead of just general reactions, which just means they are more flashy and moving instead of static emoji-reactions. And when you pay even more, you get 5 of those super reactions per week, custom profiles for each server, and you can 'boost' servers (meaning servers can get some of these semi-useless extra's like a flashy banner, more custom emoji slots, higher streaming quality, larger upload limits, etc).
This nitro thing is really just to 'show off' that you paid money for something that's not worth paying money for :p Unless you're a professional streamer who makes a living from broadcasting videos and having a large following, then it's maybe worthwhile to have better streaming quality on your server, but for the general public, nitro is rather useless. Safe to ignore!

[...] pay for a more influential account, I guess that would mean my posts mean more to Inno for consideration???
Remember that Discord is nothing more than just a social media platform, and Inno doesn't really have a say in the organisation there. See Discord as a hotel where Inno simply rents a room to host a gathering of their players in. That's basically just what it is. If you were to pay the hotel to get Nitro, all it would mean is you would get to use the fancy hotel toilet in the VIP corridor instead of the regular one in the lobby, but it doesn't change much for your experience in the room Inno rented ;)

Last edited:

Hekata

Artisan
7See Discord as a hotel where Inno simply rents a room to host a gathering of their players in. That's basically just what it is. If you were to pay the hotel to get Nitro, all it would mean is you would get to use the fancy hotel toilet instead of the regular one, but it doesn't change much for your experience in the room Inno rented ;)
Nice comparison. If i may add that Discord feels like one of those super crowded mass tourism hotels while the forum is more like a cosy luxury members only resort. I'd rather stay in the resort :D

m4rt1n

Adept
So i've noticed a few things on Discord... one is a monthly subscription to Nitro which gives you access to more emojis. And that's for $9.99... but THEN there's also something about a Booster which is around the amount you are suggesting.

Unfortunately it's the nature of these sites that they will tempt you to these additional features but you really don't need to subscribe to anything to continue using it's service.

I hope that helps @m4rt1n

Kind Regards

Herodite.

I give up there, every time I load the place does it bombard me with things wanting me to spend money before I can even check my 2 posts there. :(

Utter BS is the last thing I need to play a relaxing timeout game.