• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Official Discord server arrives September 11th 2023!

Verde

Soothsayer
Lurking happily as always. Absolutely no intention of using Discord so will be extremely unhappy with Inno if the forums are closed.

Spend more time on the Beta server since a while now but it seems the CM for the beta forum is a fan of Discord and not even open to feedback.

At least there's a chance that feedback here might be at least, idk, read, considered.
Can only hope!

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
I am actively collecting feedback guys, please rest assured that we are looking at this situation and I am not missing a single post, even if I am a bit quiet at times. I am taking it all in...

Hekata

Artisan
@Silmaril On Discord all the English-speaking servers (En, Us, Beta) have been assigned a single server. Maybe an interesting option would be to make a joined English forum like that? It would increase a bit the number of participants (which is the main issue with the forums if I understood correctly) and would free a few mods to join discord while some would stay here.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Not quite correct @Hekata Beta has its own suite due to the nature of them getting releases and testing earlier, the International and US have combined to make life easier on the English speaking moderators, seeing as we are also a 24 hour support system.
The issue would then be what content to keep our pioneer markets or the US, as to sit and blend and not duplicate and lose content would take probably months of work as every post ever made is here on each Forum, the archives are very much intact from day one...which is wonderful really!

Hekata

Artisan
Not quite correct @Hekata Beta has its own suite due to the nature of them getting releases and testing earlier, the International and US have combined to make life easier on the English speaking moderators, seeing as we are also a 24 hour support system.
The issue would then be what content to keep our pioneer markets or the US, as to sit and blend and not duplicate and lose content would take probably months of work as every post ever made is here on each Forum, the archives are very much intact from day one...which is wonderful really!
Ok, I don't really understand how Discord works (which is why I don't plan to use it much), all I know is that when I chose English there I got access to all 3 communities and I can post in all 3.

I understand that merging the forums would require a bit of work, but maybe it could be simplified by just putting all posts that are previous to the day of the merge into archives (there could be a us archive and an international archive) where players could consult all the old posts.
Because the alternative seems to be that we lose all that wonderful info if the forums close.
And beta could have their own section within the forum too.

In any case I just thought it could be a suggestion worth considering :)

m4rt1n

Adept
To have an account on the forum you have to have an account in a world of Elvenar that the forum covers, Anyone in the world from the worst of society upwards can have a Discord account and join the discussion, and Inno have no way of preventing that as it is a 3rd party site, they can just hope for the best that it doesn't happen as they rely on the honesty of the user that they do actually play Elvenar. This will go horribly wrong at some point...

It stands out as a huge security risk for many Elvenar players who are of the older generation.

To entertain joining Discord, at the very least use a complex unique password you don't use anywhere else online.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
To join our Discord server, you must have received an invite link to do so. These are only available from Elvenar itself and the Forum. Community Managers and our wonderful Moderators are at hand to remove anyone that is disrespectful or rude etc: much as we do here on the Forum.
As with creating an account anywhere, mindfulness is key with using emails and unique passwords as well as a name there and even an additional different display name.
Hoping this helps :)

McBratty

Enchanter
I dont know why we cant continue to have the forums as the main avenue for information and queries and have the discord server for those characters that actually requested the damn thing in the first place. Sure it would require more Mods to oversee it but us lot on the Forums have always been a pretty self regulating lot so we need minimum supervision. There has to be a way of doing this surely so that everyone is happy and there is a minimum of disruption.
The forums have always been the thing that made Elvenar great...an easy way to access help from other knowledgeable players and Moderators. As they old saying goes, if it aint broke, dont fix it.

Greendidder

Seeker
As one of the multitude of lurkers here, I generally say nothing. I browse and learn from the wealth of knowledge to be found in these pages. The wise posts, the humorous ones; they are all great and much appreciated. There is harmony here, not ...

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

Diane 6213

Seeker
Another lurker here. I don't think I have posted anything since the change of format for the tournaments, but I come here to the Forums at least a couple times a week just to catch up on what's new and to get answers for things I can't get anywhere else. Would be a shame to lose this resource. As for going on to Discord, not a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anni-Lizzie

Spellcaster
Hello, I have never posted before now. I visit regularly and am in constant awe of the masses amounts of information to solve any quandary this game throws at us. To those of you that so generously share your knowledge, I thank you. I’m not sure who mentioned earlier, but I too wonder about the audience inno think they have. I have to agree with McBratty, most people I interact with are older. Most younger people fall away, they are looking for that bright shiny thing, the instance result. This game is rare, requiring patience for the long game, the best rewards in my humble opinion.
I tried discord a year or so ago. What a palava! Utter chaos. I would be devastated to see the forums go, but I won’t join discord, for the same reason younger people don’t stay in the game very long… my two cents is, know your Audience - I think this decision will alienate your base. You will be catering for the younger people who don’t hang around anyway. And in the process make more work for yourselves me thinks.

m4rt1n

Adept
My biggest concern is that the coming and going of the young players whom this game is not targeted at get huge changes with the fundamentals by complaining on Discord as they did with support, asking for Discord. This is a game of patience, relaxation and friend making, it takes years to build for free, and so Inno are now completely off track with their player base, just because the Discord generation refuse to use a forum. :(

McBratty

Enchanter
Spot on M4rt1n! I would love to know the actual number of people who requested Discord compared to the overall population of Elvenar. As far as the economics of it go, the longer players stay in the game, surely the more likely they are to spend money over the years. Compare that to the Discord generation who arent likely to stay long and will quickly get bored with the slow pace of the game. By alienating the oldies you are shooting yourself in the foot when it comes to making money. Least thats what I think and I have been known to be wrong quite frequently.

It has also occurred to me that those requesting Discord could well have been wanting it as an alternative to the chat box we have ingame. If thats the case then Inno are barking up the wrong tree by moving the whole sodding thing to Discord. They only want to chit chat!!

Ancient One

Dreamer
OK another "out of the closet" lurker here. Like many I'm an older user (over 60 count for that still?) though I almost exclusively use the mobile platform rather than PC. I too find the forums very useful. Bur Discord - heck no I'll bow out if the forum closes, but not going there thanks