• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Official Discord server arrives September 11th 2023!

Another avid, regular, usually non-participating reader of the forums here.

NOT HAPPY INNO!
This is the saddest announcement in my 4 years of playing in Elvenar imho! From being a game that offered a substantial amount of class compared to a lot of trashy games, you are now selling it down the gurgler!

I understand the decision was made for the benefit of Innos shareholders. It's a business after all. Selling the player base into "virtual" slavery must have had very, very nice fiscal benefits!

But couldn't you leave the Forum alone, as it is? All the old posts in the Forum that suggested Discord, were looking for improvement in the chat and messaging system. I have NEVER, EVER seen a request that the Forum be replaced elsewhere on some ill-named, glorified chat server. And I've read a lot here!

"SAVE THE FORUM!!"

I'm seeing a lot more contributions from players since the Discord edict was passed down. I can't help wondering if the move to Discord would be happening if more players had been actively using the forum. No criticism of anybody intended. Just wondering. :)
I truly doubt it. It's about money. This move would have been in the pipeline for a considerable time.

There is talk of recreating the Forum on Discord. Perhaps Inno is realising their "cut" will be cut if they don't get more players converting! I don't care. I came, I saw, I left. Not going back to Discord

Attachments

• IMG_0726.jpeg
    IMG_0726.jpeg
    492 KB · Views: 197

Anni-Lizzie

Spellcaster
Another avid, regular, usually non-participating reader of the forums here.

NOT HAPPY INNO!
This is the saddest announcement in my 4 years of playing in Elvenar imho! From being a game that offered a substantial amount of class compared to a lot of trashy games, you are now selling it down the gurgler!

I understand the decision was made for the benefit of Innos shareholders. It's a business after all. Selling the player base into "virtual" slavery must have had very, very nice fiscal benefits!

But couldn't you leave the Forum alone, as it is? All the old posts in the Forum that suggested Discord, were looking for improvement in the chat and messaging system. I have NEVER, EVER seen a request that the Forum be replaced elsewhere on some ill-named, glorified chat server. And I've read a lot here!

"SAVE THE FORUM!!"
Love this Seni! Right on the money. Let’s create a hashtag #savetheforum

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
I have seen the rare 'fabulous' forum player turn vindictive and nasty overnight. It's a cruel world. :confused:

P.S.
Is there 'block player' option in Discord?

There is! If you click on the Member Name a window will pop up. Then if you click on their Profile Pic it'll give you their full profile. If you click on the 3 Dots on this window, it'll give you the option to Block the Member. That'll will stop you from seeing their content and will stop them from seeing yours.

Similar to here!

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Everybody lurking these forums should get their fellowships, and every other player they know, to join the forums.

Spread the word, fight the good fight!
Even though I agree, I wonder if it will matter anymore, seems it's a done deal that we are going to lose the forums...

Some more info from the Dutch and German CM's, as it was posted on the Beta forum's "Is beta dying?"-thread:

This is what our Dutch community manager just posted:
Misschien als er een poll onder de forumleden gehouden zou worden dat 90% tegen is. Er is een poll gehouden wereldwijd, en daaruit blijkt dat meer dan 40% van de Elvenar spelers Discord al actief gebruikt voor andere games. Vergelijk dat met de 0,2% van de actieve spelers die op het forum zitten, en dan is de rekensom vrij eenvoudig gemaakt.
Forums werkten in het verleden goed, en werken voor sommige spelers nog steeds goed. Feit is wel dat het bereik van het forum gigantisch laag is (0,2% van de actieve spelers zit op het forum), en we daardoor het doel van het forum niet kunnen bereiken.
Translation:
Perhaps if a poll were held among forum members, 90% would be against it. A poll was conducted worldwide, and it shows that more than 40% of Elvenar players already actively use Discord for other games. Compare that to the 0.2% of active players on the forum, and the math is made quite simple.
Forums have worked well in the past, and still work well for some players. The fact is that the reach of the forum is extremely low (0.2% of the active players are on the forum), and therefore we cannot achieve the goal of the forum.

So we no longer count and matter :(

I won‘t join the new discord server either. It is simply a very bad idea to replace a well-structured forum with a dubious chat server… So much knowledge will be lost, and along with that, many of the most dedicated users.
Being on beta without having the chance to report bugs or discuss topics on an official website run by Inno (and no, this is not Discord) - does not make much sense anymore, does it? Just saying. But I guess they don’t care.

As there’s a lack of reactions from Inno officials here, I‘ll share the info we got from the German CM. If you got any more detailed info from your local CMs, it would be great to be able to read it here.

The German CM gave a bit of an explanation for the change:
Link to the post in the German forum
Translation to English:
It is simply necessary for us to integrate new platforms. In this case Discord. We want to use this platform to try to get more in touch with our players. And even if you don't like to hear it, the forums are dead. The German forum was the most active forum and yet it has a very low percentage of active forum users compared to the total number of German players. But we can't keep some forums running and close other forums and only invite them to Discord. There must be the same possibility everywhere (language versions

Reaction to players‘ initial feedback:
Link to the post in the German forum
Translation to English:
We understand that there are players who do not want to and will not switch to Discord. That is your decision. I have already forwarded the feedback and also received an initial response. We will not deviate from the plan to use Discord and in time close the forum. Yes, I know you don't like this answer. But it is just a fact. Yes, we will lose feedback from some players, we know that and we have to live with that. You have no choice but to accept this. What you do with it, that is up to you.

[Replying to wunjo's post about the Dutch info]

happen to be a dutchie, so I can read the post.
This is the kind of moronic reasoning that leads to catastrophe.

Yes, a lot of players use discord FOR OTHER REASONS. That does not mean they will use Discord as a forum.
One of the reasons that only 0.2% of the players is on the forum is because they are there to play the game, and can get their info from other players and in-game announcements.
But thinking that because a lot of people use a chatserver to chat will make them use it for something completely different is -again- moronic. Even more so when the capability of finding anything is way lower.

But thanks for the post @Hazel Caballus ; it shows exactly what I stated before. They almost literally say they don't give a rat's ass about their active players opinions.

Hekata

Artisan
Thank you for the info @C-Nymph

This is very sad. In fact I'm not sure there's any point commenting on this anymore, but I'll say a couple of thing anyway.

1. Just because those 40% of players use discord for other games, doesn't mean that they will use it for Elvenar. Some games require more team coordination, planning, chatting etc., so maybe the use of discord is more justified, but Elvenar is just not that kind of game. Also, as it has been stated before, Elvenar's players are often 40+ years old people and prefer more traditional and slow-going types of communication.

2. One could make a case that the reason the interest in using the forums has declined over the past few years is also partly due to players suggestions and feedback being ignored in 95% of cases. Even on Beta. A lot of people just gave up.
Those enthusiastic people on Discord will give up on it too eventually and, in the forum part of Discord, will have the same amount of participation as here.
And on a more personal note: Why some people have been asking for an Elvenar world chat, is just beyond me. It's just pure chaos, filled with endless: "Hello", "Enjoying my breakfast now", "Got to make dinner, catch you later", and the random "I just got a genie form the Spire!", " I have a cat named Molly" type of comments... and conversations one can not follow or participate in because it all goes too fast as there are too many people (EN, US, Beta + whoever speaks English well enough) and you don't know who's answering to whom...

Last edited:

m4rt1n

Adept
Thank you for the info @C-Nymph

This is very sad. In fact I'm not sure there's any point commenting on this anymore, but I'll say a couple of thing anyway.

1. Just because those 40% of players use discord for other games, doesn't mean that they will use it for Elvenar. Some games require more team coordination, planning, chatting etc., so maybe the use of discord is more justified, but Elvenar is just not that kind of game. Also, as it has been stated before, Elvenar's players are often 40+ years old people and prefer more tradition and slow-going types of communication.

2. One could make a case that the reason the interest in using the forums has declined over the past few years is also partly due to players suggestions and feedback being ignored in 95% of cases. Even on Beta. A lot of people just gave up.
Those enthusiastic people on Discord will give up on it too eventually and, in the forum part of Discord, will have the same amount of participation as here.
And on a more personal note: Why some people have been asking for an Elvenar world chat, is just beyond me. It's just pure chaos, filled with endless: "Hello", "Enjoying my breakfast now", "Got to make dinner, catch you later", and the random "I just got a genie form the Spire!", " I have a cat named Molly" type of comments... and conversations one can not follow or participate in because it all goes too fast as there are too many people (EN, US, Beta + whoever speaks English well enough) and you don't know who's answering to whom...

Fully agree, here, but again what is the point @Silmaril @anonglitch @Herodite Seems Inno are saying like it or leave...

m4rt1n

Adept
Inno designed a beautiful slow paced game for the older more patient generation, then recently let a ton of staff go for restructuring and the new team of young devs now in place due to share holder pressure are naïve to the games marketplace and trying to make it appeal to the millennials, that's how I see it anyway.

m4rt1n

Adept
The German players have made a new forum for them a few days ago. It's mostly in German but there is a subsection in English for those who want to join:
https://elvenar-fan-forum.xobor.de/...cation-with-our-English-speaking-friends.html

When I worked for Miniclip.com as a Moderator (7 years) and they closed the forum, we made a fan forum also, worked ok for a month or 2 but due to the absence of the on site/in game link being removed it sadly died. For a forum to live on it needs the backing or at least the link in game to continue to survive.

I'm seeing a lot more contributions from players since the Discord edict was passed down. I can't help wondering if the move to Discord would be happening if more players had been actively using the forum. No criticism of anybody intended. Just wondering. :)
what you're probably seeing are now annoyed players who have just visited Discord and decided it is not what they hoped and definitely what they feared. Mama ain't happy. I discovered that in order to get a foot in the door over there yes indeed you need yet another password. :frown human:

m4rt1n

Adept
what you're probably seeing are now annoyed players who have just visited Discord and decided it is not what they hoped and definitely what they feared. Mama ain't happy. I discovered that in order to get a foot in the door over there yes indeed you need yet another password. :frown human:

Bring a 3rd party site I would use a very strong password also and maybe a completely randon username as Inno have no control there for your data protection, same as Inno on Facebook, Instagram and TwiX.

dennise

Soothsayer
The estimated use of the forum is based on people who actually make comments. There is no allowance made for lurkers. The majority of people look for information and if they find it they see no need to comment. Inno should do a survey on the forum and ask people if they use it and how much. As long as they don't do it on discord I am sure they would be swamped with positive feedback.