• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Official Discord server arrives September 11th 2023!

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Silmaril since opening a feedback thread on the discord channel #feedback-threads seems (b)locked, I'll post it here instead:

Can the US and EN/Int community please get their own designated area on the Discord server? Having the entire English speaking community together in one big group is a bit much...

I think/hope there is a plan to do this!!! Watch this space! Well... not this space... but A space... space....

Keep everything crossed!

Kind Regards

Herodite :D

m4rt1n

Adept
@Silmaril since opening a feedback thread on the discord channel #feedback-threads seems (b)locked, I'll post it here instead:

Can the US and EN/Int community please get their own designated area on the Discord server? Having the entire English speaking community together in one big group is a bit much...

So far looks like the beta community will be there also as I didn't see that option either.

Hekata

Artisan
Same I think, @m4rt1n.
I currently can't claim my Discord account, as my e-mail is already in use. I can read the chat, but discord is so ugly I don't really want to look at it.
I had the same problem, and the solution was to log out of the elvenar server and out of discord in general, then log onto discord again with my usual e-mail and then go to the in-game invite and click on it. It took a bit of trial and error but I managed it somehow.

But I do agree that discord is a total mess and that I probably won't bother with it much. I prefer the forum that is visually both more attractive and much easier to use or as @m4rt1n says it very eloquently:
I enjoy the forums because they are also organised and peaceful to use, discord just looks like an angry mob of chaos.

m4rt1n

Adept
discord
noun
/ˈdɪskɔːd/
disagreement between people.
"a prosperous family who showed no signs of discord"
Similar:
strife
conflict
friction
hostility
disagreement
lack of agreement
dissension
dispute
difference of opinion
discordance
disunity
division
incompatibility
variance
antagonism
antipathy
enmity
opposition
bad feeling
ill feeling
bad blood
argument
quarrelling
squabbling
bickering
wrangling
feuding
contention
clashing
falling-out
war
vendetta
jar
disaccord
Opposite:
agreement
accord
harmony
MUSIC
lack of harmony between notes sounding together.
"the music faded in discord"
Similar:
dissonance
discordance
lack of harmony
disharmony
cacophony
jarring
jangling
Opposite:
harmony
verbARCHAIC
/dɪˈskɔːd/
(of people) disagree.
"we discorded commonly on two points"

Says it all in my opinion. :(

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Hey guys, please be aware that we can only do so much to guide you with locating your old accounts on Discord, as we are not privy to your private setting there only you and Discord are.
However they do have help pages to assist you to get back in when things like passwords are forgotten, they use email and mobile/cell phone numbers for account ownership. This is why when trying to create a new account with pre-existing information you have already provided to them it will not work. If you have lost access to the email or mobile/cell number you will need to use different one/s to either update or create a brand new account there.
Here is their guide to getting started if any here need this:
But please reach out to support as we will do our best to help you, but we are only able to use the Discord help pages, like this one here.

m4rt1n

Adept
Who is the target audience of Discord?

Millennial men are most likely to use Discord.

About 67% of Discord's users are men. More than 42% of Discord users are between 25 and 34. The second-most popular age group is 16-24 (22.2%).9 Aug 2023

What is the risk of Discord?

Discord is a really fun place, but it can be dangerous. Malware, phishing, scams, and cyberbullying are all too common on the platform, so it's imperative that you exercise caution and take the necessary steps to protect yourself.29 Jun 2023

What do people use Discord for?

Discord is a free communications app that lets you share voice, video, and text chat with friends, game communities, and developers. It has hundreds of millions of users, making it one of the most popular ways to connect with people online.3 Mar 2022

m4rt1n

Adept
Who is the target audience of Discord?

Millennial men are most likely to use Discord.

About 67% of Discord's users are men. More than 42% of Discord users are between 25 and 34. The second-most popular age group is 16-24 (22.2%).9 Aug 2023

What is the risk of Discord?

Discord is a really fun place, but it can be dangerous. Malware, phishing, scams, and cyberbullying are all too common on the platform, so it's imperative that you exercise caution and take the necessary steps to protect yourself.29 Jun 2023

What do people use Discord for?

Discord is a free communications app that lets you share voice, video, and text chat with friends, game communities, and developers. It has hundreds of millions of users, making it one of the most popular ways to connect with people online.3 Mar 2022

My conclusion, Inno restructuring has resulted in game developers that are Millennial Men aged between 16-24, possibly to 35 that don't understand who plays their game, the average in my fellowship is 50+ some in their 80's, the least likely group to participate in the surveys they do.

Put it this way my son is a Millennial Man and my Nephews as well, I introduced them to Elvenar but they tried it one day and went back to the high adrenalin games on PS and XBox.

Last edited:

Hekata

Artisan
My conclusion, Inno restructuring has resulted in game developers that are Millennial Men aged between 16-24, possibly to 35 that don't understand who plays their game, the average in my fellowship is 50+ some in their 80's, the least likely group to participate in the surveys they do.

When I took a look around discord my first thought was precisely that it's probably not the kind of app that most elvenar players would be comfortable with. In the FSs where I play a lot of people seem to often mention their grandchildren in the chat, so definitely not millennials.

Last edited:

C-Nymph

Necromancer
My conclusion, Inno […] game developers […] don't understand who plays their game, the average in my fellowship is 50+ some in their 80's, the least likely group to participate in the surveys they do.

The average in our fellowship is 40-42, so we can be considered old millennials ;) Would still prefer the forums over Discord though.

However, I agree it would be good to have Inno do a survey to discover the average age of their players (specifically Elvenar players because that differs a lot from their other games!) and base changes on that.

But as we all know, they make changes based on their preferred target audience, which is a lot younger, with a shorter attention span, a preference for quick dopamine-delivering mobile games who will then play this game for maybe a couple months, will likely spend cash in those months to increase the speed of progress (and thus dopamine deliverance) and will then quit again, rinse repeat with new young players.

Each and every change so far has hinted towards this change in target audience: introducing the mobile app next to the browser version, increasing the amount of events with a lot of stuff that creates FOMO and increases chances of players pulling out their wallets, going on social media, and now shutting down the forums.

It’s all within what I’d expected to happen and they will eventually completely lose touch with their older audience (who actually gave constructive but critical feedback) who will then eventually stop playing entirely and the feedback will then just stop because the youngest players won’t take the time to give feedback but will just stop playing, which is exactly within the expectations of how they target their game.

At some point they will just stop adding new chapters because their new player base simply won’t make it that far before they quit. But that’s ok for Inno because Inno is simply not interested in the opinion of their players, all they want to influence is the probability of their players pulling out their (online) wallets before they walk out the door.

It’s all about money and revenue. Making profit for the stakeholders. Nothing more. It’s a passionless business.

Last edited: