• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Hekata

Artisan
old player played event got artifacts got building while now new players do not have the same options as them and can not get the artifacts for old building
how the game is fair??

That's how this game works. I started playing a long time ago (3 years I think) and even then there were nice buildings from previous events that I saw in other people's cities but couldn't get. The good thing with this game is that they tend to recycle building so they appeared again 2 years later and I got them. This game take time and patience.

i hear there will be 3 artifacts in the quest but thats too few to go around. Considering that there are 3 old phoenixes?
When that event came out yes there were 3 Phoenixes but since it was a fixed questline like now you could only get enough for one bird if you were lucky enough. Inno was a bit more generous then and gave us the opportunity to get 3 more artifacts right after that so every active player had 1 fully evolved bird or at the most 1 and a half bird. As @Errandil said these 3 artifacts are more than we expected. And you get them for simply competing quests, it's not even a random-you-might-you-might-not-get-it thing, so I think it's the one thing we shouldn't complain about. Those artifacts seem to be the highlight of this event. Be patient, you'll get your Phoenix eventually. Don't forget there is usually a FA adventure after the event, who knows which artifacts we'll get then :)

Last edited:

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
IMHO, the whole concept of the evolving buildings is flawed. The main prize is split into 10 pieces (1 building and 9 artifacts). If you are lucky, you can get the prize up to meaningful stages, if not... :( There are no second and third prizes anymore. Instead pieces of a grand price appear in totally unrelated events and even the magic academy, worsening the experience even further (less rewards in FA, less recipes in MA).
In the upcoming event, we'll get (up to) 3 original Artifacts - too few for new players and at the same time completely useless for those with evolved Phoenixes. I'm missing a clear concept behind all this.

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
That's how this game works. I started playing a long time ago (3 years I think) and even then there were nice buildings from previous events that I saw in other people's cities but couldn't get. The good thing with this game is that they tend to recycle building so they appeared again 2 years later and I got them. This game take time and patience.

When that event came out yes there were 3 Phoenixes but since it was a fixed questline like now you could only get enough for one bird if you were lucky enough. Inno was a bit more generous then and gave us the opportunity to get 3 more artifacts right after that so every active player had 1 fully evolved bird or at the most 1 and a half bird. As @Errandil said these 3 artifacts are more than we expected. And you get them for simply competing quests, it's not even a random-you-might-you-might-not-get-it thing, so I think it's the one thing we shouldn't complain about. Those artifacts seem to be the highlight of this event. Be patient, you'll get your Phoenix eventually. Don't forget there is usually a FA adventure after the event, who knows which artifacts we'll get then :)
well to win an artifact in a FA you need to finish the adventure 2 times
which exclude all new fellowship form been able to do so.

which is a great mechanic to destroy fellowships i have seen the same in other games, prizes only for strong "fellowships" which end up all new fellowship loose players to bigger ones and in the end completely disappear

there can not be the answer change fellowship and join a better one
there are simple not enough to go around to begin with

and usually the strong ones wants strong players that can pull their weight so not an option for all players

in a previous game the gifts for the first top 10 fellowship where so good that end up desultory the game after a while
everyone was trying to enter in the same 12 that got the top 10 and that in effect limit the active palyers to a small amount and when the game so players the decline continue to become a graveyard

give gifts to top fellowships yeah
but do not unbalance the game and not let new fellowships to exist

Deleted User - 1759805

Not even a little Library Cart ...
It's worse than that. Reposting myself from Beta:

So here is comparison of usual filler grand prizes with the new version:

Wishing Well (up to 500 diamonds over 100 days + other goodies) => nothing
Carting Library (up to 100 KPs over 100 days) => 15 KP
Monument of Ancient Knowledge (up to 150 AWKP over 100 days) => 20 AWKP
Trading Outpost (up to 125% PP over 50 days) => 10% PP
Ferris Wheel Galore (up to 250% coins or 250% supply or 50 broken shards or 50 KPs - your choice) => 100% coins or 100% supply or (lol) 3 runes - no choice

Can't wait to see "improved" dailies... /s

Pauly7

Magus
In the upcoming event, we'll get (up to) 3 original Artifacts - too few for new players and at the same time completely useless for those with evolved Phoenixes. I'm missing a clear concept behind all this.
For me this actually works as other than my Fire Phoenix I have a level 6 Storm Phoenix which I've allowed to sit there ever since. I was on the point of deleting it, but at level 9 it may be just about worth it's keep.

I'm happy that something has worked in my favour this time, but I also understand your point. There can't be a massive number of people in my situation who were just holding out for 3 or 4 more Phoenix artefacts for the past 12 months.

Pauly7

Magus
Just a comment on the aesthetic, as I usually do... Artefact, prize and instant problems aside we haven't really talked about how horrific the new Phoenix looks. Sorry, Inno artists if you're reading this, but it looks like Bertie Bassett vomited a box of Quality Streets over a statue. I don't think I could bring myself to build something in those colours in my city.

dbrad000

Alchemist
I quite like the art. I don’t care much for the resources the phoenix provides, but I was considering putting it in my city because I like the way it looks.

Sir Derf

Adept
Just to throw my two cents in.

I finished Halflings about a month ago, and decided that I was going to take my time between chapters to finish upgrading my buildings and roads and build up my supplies.

I used my Guest Race space to place the majority of my collected expiring buildings from my inventory, mostly being the every-other grand prizes from events, although there were several events where I spent some event currency acquiring wishing wells. I had mostly ignored placing them for many chapters, many events, probably for well over a year.

In all, I was able to place 21 wishing wells, 10 Ferris Wheels Galore, 10 Monuments of Ancient Knowledge, 6 Trading Outposts, 4 Carting Libraries, 2 Ice Lindworms, and a Trading Station. In their lifetimes, that's diamonds and KP and stuff from the Wells, 500 KP from the Wheels, 1500 AWKP from the Monuments, 750% Portal Profit from Outposts, 400 KP from the Libraries, 300 AWKP from the Lindworms, and 250% Portal Profit from the Station.

These are all things that are a part of the game, that came from events that INNO made. I don't feel like I'm cheating by placing them and using them.

On the other hand, compared to the "normal" gameplay, this does seem slightly excessive, especially when collected all at once.

To put in perspective, 1800 AWKP is almost capable of upgrading all of my current wonders by one level. 900 KP can pay for my next 13 Tech Researches, and the total Essence required for all research in Elementals is just a hair under 1000% of the capacity of a Level 3 Portal.

Maybe the toybox does need to be held back a little bit. I'll miss it, but I can also understand it.

Deleted User - 1759805

On the other hand, compared to the "normal" gameplay, this does seem slightly excessive, especially when collected all at once.
Um, I am not sure I follow that conclusion. So you've collected stuff for more than a year, drained it for 50 to 100 days dedicating a significant chunk of real estate to it, and you conclude that it is excessive because you've got some high output? It's like saying that if you will get paid for your job once a year instead of monthly the amounts are excessive because the numbers are higher. Well, duh - you've been working for it for a year.

Also, to put things into perspective - I averaged about 60 KPs / day in every chapter since Dwarves I think (that's regular production, tournaments, map negotiation, AWs). That's without any kind of dedicated farming whatsover (couple of expiring buildings here and there). So these 900 KP is about 2 weeks worth of production in my "normal" gameplay. Even if that might be a bit on the high side, that's still not that much if you saved for it for a year.

Sir Derf

Adept
It's complex and complicated, and not really clear cut. (That's a lot of unintentional 'c's)

It seems like a lot, but also not like a lot.

It seems like an unfair advantage, but it's mostly stuff I got for free without specifically trying for it.

I don't know if this change represents a one time thing, a seasonal thing, or if it will carry through into all future events.

m4rt1n

Adept
For me this actually works as other than my Fire Phoenix I have a level 6 Storm Phoenix which I've allowed to sit there ever since. I was on the point of deleting it, but at level 9 it may be just about worth it's keep.

I'm happy that something has worked in my favour this time, but I also understand your point. There can't be a massive number of people in my situation who were just holding out for 3 or 4 more Phoenix artefacts for the past 12 months.

I have an Aurete Phoenix sat in inventory from last year also sat on 6 artifacts along side my full fire built.
I have mentioned to fellows to craft the fire phoenix if they see it as at least 3 artifacts are now on the way and maybe more as mentioned here previously with the beta testing of the difficult version (E) of the adventure.

If on Monday we get a different version to Beta again it will add more weight to the testing in my opinion.

m4rt1n

Adept
Kp per finished scout? Does that mean you get KP if a scout finishes while fed, if so 5 day scouts means I won't bother at all with this building, the 1x1 spire prizes give more sentient per day if grouped in a small cluster.

Errandil

Conjurer
No, just no. With 'normal' gameplay I'm averaging about 180-200 KP/day for the past few months, just by doing tournaments, KP swaps, crafting KP in the MA, doing the events and running a bunch of the expiring buildings I've got in the recent events (not counting the wishing wells I've deployed recently). At this rate it will take me a bit more than two years to max all AWs I'm aiming to upgrade, mostly military related. If, and there's a big if, Inno won't change anything that would result in lowering my KP income, like replacing part of the time instants from the spire with unit instants, or, as we can see this event, severely nerfing the grand prizes, and, I assume, daily prizes as well. With each AW costing about 20k KP to get it to lvl 30 I don't find your numbers excessive at all.

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Shaman
89771942_10216136977637811_5171766594392555520_n.jpg

Release notes version 1.100

Dear Humans and Elves,

Today's update includes the following content:

Balancing changes

• The Coldfire Phoenix has been rebalancedto shift the building's focus from Culture and Population to stronger (Sentient) Goods productions.
    • The amount of Culture and Population the Coldfire Phoenix provides has been lowered.
    • The factor in which resources are produced by the Coldfire Phoenix have been changed for the versions of all chapters in a similar fashion. The production time remains unchanged at 48 hours to complete a production cycle. This means the following for each of the Chapter versions:
      • At Chapter 12 and higher, the Coldfire Phoenix will now produce Tier 1 Sentient Goods of a single type that is not your Boosted Sentient Good. The quantity of the Sentient Goods is increased significantly. As an example, a Coldfire Phoenix in its Chapter 15 version, evolved to Stage 10, will now produce roughly 15000 Sentient Goods, compared to roughly 1500 of each of the three types before.
      • At Chapters 9 to 11, the Coldfire Phoenix will produce higher quantities of Mana.
      • At Chapters 7 and 8, in addition to Coins and Supplies, the Coldfire Phoenix will produce Tier 3 Goods of a type that is not your Boosted Good.
      • At Chapters 5 and 6, in addition to Coins and Supplies, the Coldfire Phoenix will produce Tier 2 Goods of a type that is not your Boosted Good.
      • At Chapters 3 and 4, in addition to Coins and Supplies, the Coldfire Phoenix will produce Tier 1 Goods of a type that is not your Boosted Good.
      • At Chapters 1 and 2, in addition to Coins and Supplies, the Coldfire Phoenix will produce higher quantities of Supplies.
    • For all Chapter versions that had a 2nd and 3rd type of the Goods of the Tier as a bonus production, these have been exchanged for Coins and Supplies, in amounts scaling to the Chapter.
  • In addition to the changes for the Coldfire Phoenix, the following Grand Prizes of the Gathering of the Phoenix Cults event have been adjusted:
    • All Portal Profit Instants Grand Prizes have been exchanged to allow for all Grand Prizes to be used by all players, including those who have not yet reached the Guest Races in Chapter 6, as the Portal Profit Instant is exclusively useful in those Chapters.
      • One of these Grand Prizes has been replaced with a Trading Outpost building instead.
      • Another of these Grand Prizes has been replaced with a Ferris Wheel Galore to allow obtaining a building in which you can choose what to produce more freely.
  • Players who do not yet have the 2019 Phoenixes (Storm Phoenix, Fire Phoenix, Aureate Phoenix) in either their City or Inventory can obtain them through Crafting. We have made the recipes for the Stage 1 versions of these buildings more common for a limited time during and after the Gathering of the Phoenix Cults event.
  • We've added the option to exchange Coldfire Phoenix Artifacts (from the 2020 event) with Phoenix Artifacts (from the 2019 event), via Crafting. This allows those who'd like to upgrade last year's Phoenixes to obtain more Artifacts to do so. There are several recipes available, with varying amounts of Combining Catalysts required to make the exchange.
  • We've added the option to exchange Phoenix Artifacts (from the 2019 event) with Coldfire Phoenix Artifacts (from the 2020 event), via Crafting. This allows those who do not wish to build or evolve any of the 2019 Phoenixes to still use the Artifacts obtainable through the event quest line for their new Phoenix. There are several recipes available, with varying amounts of Combining Catalysts required to make the exchange.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

89774452_10216139550422129_6651807613015031808_n.jpg

Last edited:

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Thanks for info Jack :)

After the rebalancing, the production amounts of the Coldfire Phoenix are much more reasonable.

Last edited:

Hekata

Artisan
These changes sound really good to me☺
@JackLuyt Do we know how long the recipes for changing artifacts will be available? Only during the event or after it too?

Timneh

Artisan
The crafting new artifacts from old ones is expensive (at least on one of the recipies). 3 old artifacts and 5 CCs to craft 1 new artifact, you're having a laugh INNO.

Errandil

Conjurer
The new phoenix stats are still poor and we still have an issue with the feeding effect being too weak for the late chapters. But even at 3:1 rate crafting old artifacts for one of the most important buildings to date is an improvement. So I guess it's already more than we could hope for.