• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Hekata

Artisan
According to Gems these are the grand prizes.

Grand prizes alternate between Coldfire Phoenix Artifacts and other small rewards:
  • 20 Ancient Knowledge Instant
  • 10% Portal Profit Instant
  • 15 Knowledge Points
  • 100% Supplies Instant
  • 3 Rune Shards
  • 100% Coins Instant

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
No time reduction!?!?!
The event is a bit disappointing in awards. Replace time reduction with troops?? Why?
Any province i can only get it with materials no troops needed. Tournament a bit units at beginning later again only possible with materials. Same with the spire very few battles with troops rest with materials.

The troops i can use is so limited that i have no problem to replace them in the barracks even without using time boosters.

So you take away something people can actual use and like with something we do not need?

Even the evolving building make no sense for me as a new player. Getting more knowledge points make my life worse not easier. I do not get the time to have the material to get the technology so i will end up stuck up in the technology tree. So what you offer will harm me more than it will help me.

Deleted User - 1759805

Grand prizes alternate between Coldfire Phoenix Artifacts and other small rewards:
  • 15 Knowledge Points
  • 100% Supplies Instant
  • 3 Rune Shards
  • 100% Coins Instant
This stuff is pretty terrible.

Errandil

Conjurer
  • 15 Knowledge Points
  • 100% Supplies Instant
  • 3 Rune Shards
  • 100% Coins Instant
Oh wow... My bet would be that they are yet again are balancing the event against several power-players and surprisingly will end up hurting all others, who can't adjust to the changes fast enough. This is especially bad for anyone who isn't done with the chapters since the PP amount is laughable. To make a grand prize that should in theory help small players to catch up faster and at the same time remove expiring buildings that allow new players to catch up faster is a really strange decision.

Pauly7

Magus
One of the problems now is that Inno has doubled the number of "main" events and got rid of the smaller 10 day ones. The outcome of this is that they now have to virtually half all the incidental little prizes we all love to get like instants.

Personally I think it's a bad move as each event is more disappointing than they used to be and we don't get that same excitement once a quarter.

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
One serious question
How the company expect new players to evolve old buildings?
Great you introduce a new building, good for the old players. But for new players that want to build an old phoenix what about them?
i hear there will be 3 artifacts in the quest but thats too few to go around. Considering that there are 3 old phoenixes?

You want to change the artifact do it, but give an option for new players to gain the artifacts so they can upgrade the old phonixes.

Or else you are not balancing the game between new players and old players.

Why some players can have a building that can give them 50% troops damage and you punish all new players not to be able to have the same building?

Either change the artifact of the event to be the same as the old one, so players can decide where they will use the artifact. Or give more old artifacts in quests. From the first time i show this building i wanted to have one an devolve it but it seems company decides that will be a non option for new players.

Timneh

Artisan
It's almost like the devs are trying to make the events so worthless that players no longer want to do them. As @Pauly7 said above when events were first introduced we got 3 or 4 big events per year with some small shorter ones inbetween and players looked forward to events coming. We now have so many events that they mean nothing (to me anyway), if you miss one there will be another one in a couple of weeks.

This question has been asked a few times but there has never been any response from the devs. It is even possible to craft evolving buildings (if you don't have them in your inventory) but there is no way to evolve them if you do craft them.

Verde

Soothsayer

• 15 Knowledge Points
  • 100% Supplies Instant
  • 3 Rune Shards
  • 100% Coins Instant
Not even a little Library Cart ...

Errandil

Conjurer
If the pattern holds it would take you about two years from now to get a lvl10 fire phoenix. Other phoenixes are not that relevant anyway to worry about them. Considering that this game is meant to be played for years and that a lvl4 fire phoenix gives a 20% attack boost, which equals to a lvl13 AW (and they boost only one unit type and not all of them) I'd say that it's much better than we could expect from Inno. Especially after the 'sale' we got last year with £75 for three artifacts.

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
If the pattern holds it would take you about two years from now to get a lvl10 fire phoenix. Other phoenixes are not that relevant anyway to worry about them. Considering that this game is meant to be played for years and that a lvl4 fire phoenix gives a 20% attack boost, which equals to a lvl13 AW (and they boost only one unit type and not all of them) I'd say that it's much better than we could expect from Inno. Especially after the 'sale' we got last year with £75 for three artifacts.
relevance or not should not be on players choose to build them or not?
some may have a building because of aesthetics and no other value
i play games long to know that people make strange choices in games geee some choices i make may sound insane and crazy to others.

the issue remains that if this trend continues and the keep introducing new artifacts it will make hard to impossible to be able to upgrade an old event building.

and what if next year they make another phoenix with different artifact?
will we still get 3 artifacts for the original and 3 for this year?

they are putting themselves in a bad position

i also call out for fairness among old and new players
old player played event got artifacts got building while now new players do not have the same options as them and can not get the artifacts for old building
how the game is fair??

if the company actual tries to balance the game for everyone
yes it is a game of patient but this is getting out of hand, id o not mind wait 1 year for the events to come again, so i can get what old players have. or wait longer to grow up so i can get that, but now event comes and i can not get what others already have??

why some players played one time the event and had all artifacts and now new players are punished and need 3 years and 3 events to get the same thing? and thats is with a big IF things stay the same and not alter in future to the worse.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
One serious question

Great you introduce a new building, good for the old players. But for new players that want to build an old phoenix what about them?

That's life :) (Note: I don't have a fire phoenix, I started to play in the mermaid summer event.)

In RL you will constantly face situations like this. No bird is not the end of the world (or game). Think that we have 16 more squares for other stuff :)

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Looks promising, I play like 5% of it, one or two visits a day, sometimes skip for beta. I will fully played in my soon to be wood-elves city (researching scouts)
I like the platoons thing, I use a lot of army, but if it replaced the time boosters is a bit less appealing, but we'll pull through.

Hekata

Artisan
Not even a little Library Cart ...

This saddens me the most. It's one of my favourite buildings :(

This choice of grand prizes is so weird, especially since it's a fixed questline. Which means that no one can get more than 2 of each (not without spending lots of diamonds at least). So they could have gone with something like 50% or 100% PP, or 10 x pet food or 2 x 14/20 hours booster (since they have removed them from the chests). Those 3 rune shards are especially bad, give us 10 x MM at least instead.

I wonder if there will be time boosters or Wishing Wells as dailies or are they completely gone...