• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

DeletedUser9340

The Forum Admins don't want lots of posts about new stuff that is happening in Beta - so they created this thread three years ago. The reason given is that many players don't want 'spoilers' - so by putting the Beta stuff in a single thread, people have the choice of whether they want to read it or not.
This is the only place where we are allowed to post Beta news; all other posts are either deleted or moved here by the Forum Moderators.
:)
Thx Jack,ur comments r as peaceful as ur profile pic :D

Jackluyt

Shaman
It appears that the Fellowship Adventures is indeed the Type E - 16 Item with 50% more Items required for the waypoints

Here is our Adventures Note; you are welcome to share it with friends and fellowship:
https://tinyurl.com/u4w85q5

38825081_10212251412301106_724814935661477888_n.jpg

Here are the Stage prizes
  1. Stage 1: 10, 15 KP Instants plus Carting Library
  2. Stage 2: 15, 20 KP Instants plus Valentines Artifact
  3. Stage 3: 20 hour Booster; 15 KP Instant plus Valentines Artifact

87511219_10216007663125029_1834383147756683264_n.jpg

Total long productions required
Numbers are for Stages 1, 2 and 3

* Carpenters (3 hour Workshop) 22 + 77 + 160 = 259
* Farmers (9 hour Workshop) 23 + 61 + 315 = 399
* Blacksmiths (24 hour Workshop) 23 + 62 + 405 = 490
* Bracelets (9 hour goods) 33 + 93 +255 = 381
* Necklaces (1 day goods) 0 + 46 + 185 = 231
* Statues (2 day goods) 0 + 47 + 90 = 137

Last edited:

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
Here are the Stage prizes
  1. Stage 1: 10, 15 KP Instants plus Carting Library
  2. Stage 2: 15, 20 KP Instants plus Valentines Artifact
  3. Stage 3: 20 hour Booster; 15 KP Instant plus Valentines Artifact
Inno, are you having a laugh at this point? It makes me seriously tempted to start boycotting the Fellowship Adventures again.

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
What took you so long? ;)
I do like the improvements that make FAs easier to play and more palatable, but it doesn't matter how often people say they aren't interested in having two extra evolutions from the most recent useless evolving building they just keep on not even responding and then keep on churning them out. Every time around I think maybe this will be the time they have listened to public opinion and given us two "universal" evolutions, but no... same again. It's the lack of response I find most infuriating.

DeletedUser9340

I do like the improvements that make FAs easier to play and more palatable, but it doesn't matter how often people say they aren't interested in having two extra evolutions from the most recent useless evolving building they just keep on not even responding and then keep on churning them out. Every time around I think maybe this will be the time they have listened to public opinion and given us two "universal" evolutions, but no... same again. It's the lack of response I find most infuriating.
I don't agree with you all the way because it helps me in getting 2100 mana which is a lot for me *_*

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I don't agree with you all the way because it helps me in getting 2100 mana which is a lot for me *_*

Indeed, I am in orcs and gives a ton of gems. In fact, atm with all these buildings, I make a lot of gems that I will miss when I start pulling mana from them.

Hekata

Artisan
Every time around I think maybe this will be the time they have listened to public opinion and given us two "universal" evolutions, but no...
I think we might get 4 artifacts for the FA after the Phoenix event: 2 for the new bird and 2 for the old ones. That might explain why they are testing again the new 50% harder FA on Beta. They would gives us 4 useful artifacts but make it harder to get them.

Timneh

Artisan
I had the thought that it might be a plan of the devs for some players to only get 7 or 8 artifacts in the current event so that players would have to do the FA if they wanted the missing artifacts to fully evolve the Valentine float and then just to rub salt in the wound make it 50% harder to get them. I have 8 artifacts and have no chance of getting any more but i still will not be tempted to do the FA.

Last edited:

Timneh

Artisan
Indeed, I am in orcs and gives a ton of gems. In fact, atm with all these buildings, I make a lot of gems that I will miss when I start pulling mana from them.

I hope i am correctly understanding what you are saying but it seems that you are expecting event buildings to start producing mana when you reach the appropriate chapter but that will not happen unless you upgrade the buildings to that chapter. Buildings won in events have always stayed giving the same rewards even as players move to higher chapters. Before RR spells were introduced players sold buildings from events when they got better ones but can now upgrade them with RR spells if they wish to keep them.
My apologies if i misunderstood what you were saying.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Dear Humans and Elves, We have updated Elvenar Beta to version 1.99! Today's update includes the following content:

Improvements
  • The feature that is automatically moving cities to better positions on the World Map has been extended to give better results: Instead of only removing and replacing Cities of deleted player accounts, the automatic movement algorithm can now also temporarily move away inactive Cities from the World Map to free up spots for more active players.The time frame for removal from the World Map depends on player progression - Chapter 1 Cities can make way for active players after only a few days, whereas higher Chapter Cities can take more than a month to be moved. The state of any inactive City (Buildings, Boosted Goods, Neighborly Help, Fellowship, etc.) is stored for at least 30 days (or longer, depending on Chapter reached) and the City is assigned a new location on the World Map on return.
    Should their original spot still be vacant by the time a player returns, they will find themselves back in their old Neighborhood.
    If a more active player moved into the respective spot in the meantime, the game will instead choose the next best location for them to return to. In all cases, that means the system attempts to place a player as close to the center of the World Map as possible, while keeping their respective Boosted Goods configuration in consideration.

87939263_10216025278845411_6899941514521083904_n.jpg

AstralSoul

Illusionist
In between chapters, I will only level up some, so I hoard mana and gems (I know about d
I hope i am correctly understanding what you are saying but it seems that you are expecting event buildings to start producing mana when you reach the appropriate chapter but that will not happen unless you upgrade the buildings to that chapter. Buildings won in events have always stayed giving the same rewards even as players move to higher chapters. Before RR spells were introduced players sold buildings from events when they got better ones but can now upgrade them with RR spells if they wish to keep them.
My apologies if i misunderstood what you were saying.

I have 422 RR in my inventory, I know what I am talking about :)

Jackluyt

Shaman
The Wholesaler Changes previously discussed have now been implemented in Beta Server.

Dear Humans and Elves,
We have updated Elvenar Beta to version 1.100!
Improvements

• We have now introduced the changes to the Wholesaler as announced before in this post, with the addition (after receiving your early feedback) that quests requesting only Wholesale trades have gotten their amounts reduced by 50%. This change has not made today's update, but will be implemented shortly.

87454853_10216031319956435_7334376017697439744_n.jpg

Here is the original Announcement

Dear Humans and Elves,

Thank you all so much for all the feedback you have given us on our proposed changes for the Trader star rating. Check the post above for all details on that if you hadn't yet. We've enjoyed reading your comments, and are happy to announce that we will be adjusting the rating to 1.5:1 very soon. We are currently aiming to release them with the daily Beta update on Thursday, 23 January. That also means they should go into the 1.97 version for our Live worlds, if everything passes testing and works as we intend it to.

Several of you have also raised the topic of adjusting the ratios of the trades listed in the Wholesaler. We agree that they need an update, and have done some further calculations to also fine tune those more, both for the regular and Sentient Goods. Please read on to learn what we have in mind, and how we plan to achieve those goals we've set for ourselves.
  1. Make the Wholesaler easier to use
    We feel the Wholesaler is rather click-intensive, especially if you would want to use it a lot, and we want to make that more convenient to use. Therefore, we will be increasing the volume of Goods that you can buy at a time (that is: per click). While that means that the overall cost for a batch is higher, you also get more Goods with one transaction. The Wholesaler's price will still increase by 50% after every purchase (as it is now), but with higher volumes per trade, you will end up paying less for more.
  2. Align the Wholesaler with the new star ratio for equally valuable trades
    The Wholesaler currently has a ratio of 4:1 (between tiers). This is already more expensive than regular, player-to-player trades, but it is of course much too high when considering the changes we will apply to the Trader. Therefore, we would also apply the 1.5:1 ratio between tiers in the Wholesaler.
  3. We want the Wholesaler to be more expensive than regular trades, but it must also be fair
    The Wholesaler is intended to be mostly a last resort in case you need resources fast, as you should generally be trading for the resources you need with other players - even though this will take more time. We need the Wholesaler to be more expensive because it provides you with the resources you'd need instantly. However, because of how it is currently set up, you pay vastly more for some resources than you would for others - even if you take their trade ratios into account. This happens because the amount you can buy per trade differs a lot, while the price increases at a similar rate. To combat this, we will make the cost the determining factor in the amount of resources you can buy with one trade. You will be spending the same amount of Coins, Supplies or Goods for each option, regardless of its type or tier - of course the amount of Goods you receive in return are adjusted based on their tier and overall value.

Example: Imagine a player who currently would need to pay 44K Supplies for 1.1K Steel, 176K Supplies for 1.1K Crystal, or 704K for 1.1K Gems. In the new system, they would be asked to pay 380K Supplies to receive either 7.6K Steel, or 5.1K Crystal, or 3.4K Gems.
  4. Improve the supply of Sentient Goods in the world economy
    We regularly hear that the supply of Sentient Goods can be a problem for some players: they simply do not find the Goods necessary to progress. This problem may be more visible on some worlds than on others, and may affect certain types of Sentient Goods more than others, but we know the issue itself exists. We will increase the volume of Sentient Goods that you can buy per trade significantly. The price will still increase with every purchase, as before, but as the batches you buy are larger, you will need to spend much fewer resources to purchase the same amounts of Sentient Goods.

Example: Imagine a player who would be able to purchase a base value (no bonuses applied) of 1250 Moonstone. They would have to pay 6250 Platinum or Elven Tree Gum to make this purchase. In the new system, we will increase the base value. That will allow the player to purchase more Sentient Goods for the initial 1:5 ratio. In this example, the new (base) value would become 2050 Moonstone, for which 10250 Platinum or Elven Tree Gum would need to be paid.
    With these changes to the Wholesaler, the Goods (especially if you buy multiple batches in a day) will be much cheaper than they were before. With that, we hope to make the Wholesaler a more relevant and viable alternative for those of you who struggle to gather the required amounts of Sentient Goods from just trading with other players.
We will offer these changes to the Wholesaler alongside the changes to the Trader's star ratio planned for this week (see the top of this post), as the two topics do tie in to each other, and we would like you to experience them at the same time for a more realistic testing scenario.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Disclaimer: As always, changes made on Beta might not make it to the Live worlds in the exact same way, and especially with balancing changes like these, we need to be careful to not hurt the game's economy in the process. Therefore, if something doesn't work as we intend it to or can currently foresee, we may need to make adjustments to the values we'll be offering.