• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

John of Enar

Adventurer
Gaining fewer goods slows everyones game. There will be less to trade . People are being encouraged to spend on numerous offers that speed up the game ( eg Instants). QED.
Building momentum and maintaining it is critical. It is very difficult for new players to gain momentum in this game and the map is loaded with players who started but never went very far. Now, when i see middle tier units that are trading as three stars i want to hop on them but then i look and i see requests for tier three goods that are almost the same amount ... i stop and scratch my head. I know how much the T3 goods cost me and now they are worth nothing. Our trading and many other FS trading have slowed to almost nothing. When you devalue the currency then you create hardships for players. Same in the real world, pure economics. Now i know the game designers say "Oh, you can trade whatever you want to trade ..." Ha ... the perception of value is based on the star ratings - why use them otherwise? Also try to offer an unreasonable trade. The threshold of what the game allows is now less. So saying you can trade whatever you want, we didn't effect that, is not quite honest. The change may have been needed because T3 going for 16 times T1 seems a bit much. However, what is now in effect is way over in the opposite direction. A progressive 2:1 ratio might make more sense where a T3 goes for 4 T1 units. The current trade system 1.5:1 is confusing, hurting trades and game momentum. I myself would prefer a 3:1 in a trading system with 3 tiers. And that works better with the cost of items in the game, makes them more achievable and supports game momentum.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Today's upgrade in Beta Server - expect the change to come to the Live Worlds soon.
Now you can buy KP to give to a friend using Diamonds, when your KP has run out.
:)

86695061_10215934792263303_3144076804118020096_n.jpg

Hekata

Artisan
What you think people, do we get the 1 x 8 hours booster in a few hours or will they surprise us with something more interesting? :)

Hekata

Artisan
:(
I was pretty sure we'd get something else like a 14 or 20 hours booster at least since having 2 times 4 x 8 hours and then 2 times 1 x hours make no sense to me.

DeletedUser1874

I was pretty sure we'd get something else like a 14 or 20 hours booster at least since having 2 times 4 x 8 hours and then 2 times 1 x hours make no sense to me.
I'd be surprised if it made sense to anyone at all. Devs probably went on holiday somewhere, and/or decided to honor the "one step forward, two steps back" tradition. Now I wonder... am I going to spend my candies on this 1x8 hours prize, or am I going to wait for the next 4x8 hours one? Never have I ever faced such an unsolvable conundrum.

Deleted User - 1759805

Yeah, the only way how I could make sense of this is that it is a beta placeholder for something else on live. Apparently, the joke's on us...

Pauly7

Magus
I suppose it would only make sense if everybody couldn't see what was coming next... then that type of thing may become a thinker for some people.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
No surprise....it is just a 1 x 8 hour booster. :(

Yup, that was a former 1x 14h booster, which it wasn't appealing, but they reduced it to eight hours.

I had all the quests done by the day 30x AK. The remaining candies, and daily quest, I will dumb them for the other 30x AW. Knowledge is the best prizes here.

Hekata

Artisan
I'd be surprised if it made sense to anyone at all. Devs probably went on holiday somewhere, and/or decided to honor the "one step forward, two steps back" tradition. Now I wonder... am I going to spend my candies on this 1x8 hours prize, or am I going to wait for the next 4x8 hours one? Never have I ever faced such an unsolvable conundrum.

The pressure of making the right choice is just unbearable, I think I'll flip a coin :)

Yeah, the only way how I could make sense of this is that it is a beta placeholder for something else on live. Apparently, the joke's on us...

That's what I was thinking. Like a Wishing Well. I'm still thinking the second 1 x 8 hours might be a WW since it's just on the day it usually appears but I won't be surprised if it's not.

While I don't mind having a fixed questline for a change I can't help but think the devs are punishing us because they have also nerfed the prizes so much (both dailies and "fillers"). There is no reason to do that with a fixed questline.

Deleted User - 1759805

That's what I was thinking. Like a Wishing Well. I'm still thinking the second 1 x 8 hours might be a WW since it's just on the day it usually appears but I won't be surprised if it's not.
Well, I am not betting on that. If we get another 1x8h, then there would be no real options left to spend the candies. I have made this mistake already, didn't touch WWs or Dragon Floats assuming something better has to be there later on. Now will probably dump everything on AWKPs, these are at least useful.

Paladestar

Enchanter
This has been the least rewarding 'full-scale' event that I can remember. The general nerfs to chest prizes, the poor and nerfed daily prizes, and only having WW on day one, all feels like a big slap in the face. :confused:

Paladestar

Enchanter
Yup, that was a former 1x 14h booster, which it wasn't appealing, but they reduced it to eight hours.

I had all the quests done by the day 30x AK. The remaining candies, and daily quest, I will dumb them for the other 30x AW. Knowledge is the best prizes here.

Actually, the booster daily prizes offered used to be 4x14h and 3x20h. To now offer a single 8h as a daily prize is a joke! Especially when other days in the same event have 4x8h as a prize, how can one prize directly being 25% of another be justified?
4x8h boosters used to be a potential prize in one of the prize chests as one of the normal chest prizes when you failed to win the daily prize.

m4rt1n

Adept
Actually, the booster daily prizes offered used to be 4x14h and 3x20h. To now offer a single 8h as a daily prize is a joke! Especially when other days in the same event have 4x8h as a prize, how can one prize directly being 25% of another be justified?
4x8h boosters used to be a potential prize in one of the prize chests as one of the normal chest prizes when you failed to win the daily prize.

So as well as nerfing the prizes they nerfed the ability to get them by going back to 85 quests and no bonus section. A double nerfed event. Someone in the dev team needs a good old fashioned kick up the backside as we say here in jest.

Maybe the dev responsible for putting in the replacement prizes for the beta sitters didn't receive the expected Valentines card on Friday o_O