• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Julian

Sorcerer
Yes, we should have had formal advance warning before this. Ideally, we need to set 2-day productions going in advance.

Timneh

Artisan
If i remember correctly some time ago it was stated that we would not be given advance notice about the start of FAs so it would be interesting to know why the German server got that notice.

Deleted User - 106219

If i remember correctly some time ago it was stated that we would not be given advance notice about the start of FAs so it would be interesting to know why the German server got that notice.
No, we were told we would not be getting advance warning about upcoming Challenges. No such thing was said about FAs.

DeletedUser5093

The next update on beta will contain the new trader changes that were being discussed, so testing of it is about to begin. For now Inno has decided to adopt a ratio of 1 : 1.5 : 2.25 for tier3 : tier2 : tier1.

Personally I was hoping for a ratio of 1:2:4 so the maths would be easier. The other ratio also seems a bit too expensive to me, but I guess we'll see how it goes.

DeletedUser5093

A large event has started on Beta, It's Carnival themed, with the main prize being a 4x4 evolving building that gives gold, tier3 and KP instants in Orcs chapter. I think in higher chapters it gives mana instead of tier3, and early chapters probably supplies instead, but I need to check this.

The format is more similar to older large events, in that it has two sets of quests, and rotating chests. The horrors of the winter event are so far missing. :D

Details here.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I have a level II watcher account, play very little. It does give tools at level 10 in low levels, three instances of tools. Plus 1x 3 AK

I love to see the three chest option back, much easier to control your prizes, including using the LoA to score daily exclusive.

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Shaman
Elvarian Carnival event just started in Beta!

Our Note has all the information you need: https://tinyurl.com/varaehy
You are welcome to share it with friends!

82781114_10215736445224751_6596946209036828672_n.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser8409

What does this give to late chapter players?

If it's gold, mana and or seeds then that will be a hard skip for me. I make more than I can use naturally.

Deleted User - 1759805

It does give coins, mana and seeds past Halflings (and 1-3 AWKP at high evolution levels). Basically, this building is very similar to Stonehenge, except it produces coins instead of supplies.

DeletedUser2456

Gaining fewer goods slows everyones game. There will be less to trade . People are being encouraged to spend on numerous offers that speed up the game ( eg Instants). QED.
every time you get a good a/w or a bit bouns from game they seem to resent you getting anything that hels ,everything in game takes hours upon hall even a scout now , all we ever hear is 'we wont you to slow down '' !!!!! and for months all the events and things aked of us was to ' vist neighbours and help the neighbours and friendship adventure to help each other ,was so sick of being a good neighbour pushed on me was nearly going to live on a mountain with no peeps , now they want you to only vist 30 people so really my team of 24 and 6 map !!!! or keep our goods ,it a joke really when game ever going to be fun to play not watch every goods/seeds/coins /suppies and amount of space and time the crystal lighthouse took to grow and now rendered useless look amount kps invested ,it a joke no wonder so many leaving game

DeletedUser1874

Scrapping the lottery system is perhaps the best thing the devs came up with in the last few years - assuming it's gonna stay scrapped for good that is. So let's hope it'll stay buried and won't come back to haunt us like a traumatic memory in a future event (such a possibility has been vented already, despite the overwhelmingly negative feedback over the Winter Magic event, so I'm not exactly holding my breath, though I don't want to be entirely negative. It's a most welcome change, let's just cling to the hope that it'll last).

DeletedUser8409

It does give coins, mana and seeds past Halflings (and 1-3 AWKP at high evolution levels). Basically, this building is very similar to Stonehenge, except it produces coins instead of supplies.
Well that's a shame. I disenchanted my Stonehenge and all it's Artifacts, got a decent amount of then valuable fragments.

Since then Spire has made fragments worthless and the amount of fragments you get per Artifact has been nerfed too so this prize isn't even worth it for the fragments.

Shame the Carnival Set was one of the best prizes ever.

Pauly7

Magus
Once again I let out a sigh as I see another fairly nondescript evolving building appear. Neither of its rewards or its appearance has any appeal for me so I can say without any thought that I won't be building it... Then I start to think about the inevitable truth that a month from now I will be here with an unbuilt building, 10 unused artefacts and being faced with another Fellowship Adventure that is offering up a further two of said artefacts... I just hope that I'm wrong about that last part.

m4rt1n

Adept
Elvarian Carnival event just started in Beta!

Our Note has all the information you need: https://tinyurl.com/varaehy
You are welcome to share it with friends!

82781114_10215736445224751_6596946209036828672_n.jpg

Np wonder half my fellowship left to play solo, I may well join them. Overkill is an understatement. :(

Errandil

Conjurer
So they increasing the volume of goods in the wholesaler we are buying at a time, therefore increasing the price of each transaction, and they keep the quests to trade with tho wholesaler 7 times and probably more in the later quest segments? Great.

Timneh

Artisan
I don't find the buying from the wholesaler quests a problem, i dump excess coins and supplies in there every day anyway. The quests that bug me are the buy 10 KP that come up time after time after time. I got that 9 times in a pretty short space of time in the last event and that is what made me ignore the whole thing in the end and i will do the same with this next one if i keep getting the buy KP quest.

Killiak

Artisan
Np wonder half my fellowship left to play solo, I may well join them. Overkill is an understatement. :(

Indeed. Inno doesn't seem to understand that the event overkill is meshing poorly with the existing weekly demands on playtime, and that it is chasing people away. @Silmaril @Muf-Muf How many times will this need to be clarified?