• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

DeletedUser9340

More from the community manager,Marindor about the Spire of Eternity.

Spire of Eternity: balancing changes

Dear Humans and Elves,

On Monday, 16 March, we will make several changes to the balancing of the Spire of Eternity. With these changes, we make working your way up the Spire of Eternity more focused on the gameplay of the Spire of Eternity, and less time-critical. They also emphasize the multiplayer aspects of the Spire, as we would like for people to enjoy the feature together, using teamwork, and for that to work we need to ensure that this is also possible. However, shorter timers on the Gates also means that we need to adjust some of the rewards, specifically the Diamonds, that can be obtained through the Spire. Still, the amount of obtainable Diamonds has slightly increased with these changes, but they have been redistributed over the various rewards. Below you'll find more details on the changes we're making.
  • The timers on the Gates will be made shorter, so that time pressure will become less of an issue while moving through the Spire's levels.
    • Gate 1: Remains at 10 seconds
    • Gate 2: Remains at 3 hours
    • Gate 3: 7 hours (was 9)
    • Gate 4: 9 hours (was 12)
    • Gate 5: 7 hours (was 9)
    • Gate 6: 7 hours (was 9)
    • Gate 7: 7 hours (was 9)
    • Gate 8: 12 hours (was 24)
    • Gate 9: 9 hours (was 12)
    • Gate 10: 9 hours (was 12)
    • Gate 11: 9 hours (was 12)
As stated, to counter-balance for the lower amount of time required, we need to make some adjustments to the Diamond rewards to not suddenly give out much higher amounts. Therefore, we're making the following changes:
  • The amount of Diamonds that can be won through regular Spire Encounters has been descreased.
  • The amount of Diamonds that can be won from the final boss in the Spire has been increased.
  • The amount of Diamonds that can be won via the Spire's Fellowship rewards has been increased.

Ultimately, for those who manage to complete the whole Spire of Eternity, there are now slightly more Diamonds to obtain. We believe that, together with the recently released Trophies, these changes will help in making the Spire of Eternity more appealing for you and your Fellows.

As always, we're happy to hear your feedback! Please let us know your thoughts by leaving a message in our discussion thread.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Enigma-Elvenar Beta Group is a newlyfound group.Join there to get the latest news.

Killiak

Artisan
The new phoenix stats are still poor and we still have an issue with the feeding effect being too weak for the late chapters. But even at 3:1 rate crafting old artifacts for one of the most important buildings to date is an improvement. So I guess it's already more than we could hope for.

That's setting the bar pretty damn low.

Hekata

Artisan
The crafting new artifacts from old ones is expensive (at least on one of the recipies). 3 old artifacts and 5 CCs to craft 1 new artifact, you're having a laugh INNO.

True, they are very expensive but it also makes sense to have this ratio since otherwise (if it was 1:1) players with old artifacts (usually 3 from the challenge and the FA) wouldn't have any problems getting the 9 needed for the new Phoenix which sort of defies the purpose of the event (+possibly less spending diamonds on this event).
The problem is if it's the same with the opposite conversion. If we need 3 new artifacts to get 1 old then they are basically saying to the players they need to choose if they want to have a new (almost) full phoenix or a (probably partial) old one. For newer players a Coldfire Phoenix might be more useful than the Firebird because of their short scouting time. Obviously in the long run any of the old Phoenixes are more useful.

Deleted User - 1759805

Even for players with no old artifacts whatsoever, this can allow for ~3 old artifacts + the building, meaning +20% damage boost for all unit types (obviously, with Pet Food, but still). That's equivalent to 5 military AWs at L13 each - which is obviously a ton of KPs and space, not to mention that some of these are not available until quite a bit later. I can't think of any circumstances where I'd recommend L10 Coldfire vs L4 Fire. It's just that good.

EDIT: I completely forgot about 3x guaranteed artifacts from the main questline. So the choice would be L10 Coldfire + L4 Fire vs L7 Fire, but I think the answer would still be exactly the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hekata

Artisan
I agree with that you are saying MinMax, I'd always have any of the old phoenixes rather than the new one. I'm just not so sure that it looks like that from a beginners point of view. Not all beginners listen to advice from the more experienced players, and fighting in the early chapters is far harder than trading.

Pauly7

Magus
It's an improvement, but the non-boosted sentient goods don't excite me too much.

I like that I'll be able to trade new Phoenix artifacts for old, but judging from the screenshot these recipes are going to appear anyway, whether you have the artefacts in your inventory or not. Will those recipes disappear after a short while? If not then it seems like there will be a lot of extra recipe clutter once we've crafted what we wanted to.

DeletedUser9340

Just a quick reminder guys, that just because this is like this on beta does not mean it will stay the same way when it gets to our live worlds. As you know from the last events things get changed around frequently.
:) Thx for the info (I knew it earlier)

DeletedUser9340

The Beta has been upgraded to Version 1.101.See the message below:

Dear Humans and Elves,

We have updated Elvenar Beta to version 1.101! Today's update includes the following content:

Miscellaneous

• Some changes were made to the quests for the Gathering of the Phoenix Cult:
    • The amount of 3 hour/9 hour productions is lowered
    • Scout and research quest conditions are seperated (the vision vapor alternatives stay)
    • Recruiting quests got an alternative quest condition
Bugfixes

• We have called all creatures from evolutionary buildings back from their playtime. They should be back in your cities now.
  • We fixed a misconfiguration in the Phoenix Artifacts Crafting recipes. It should always be: 3 old artifacts for 1 new artifact, or 2 new artifacts for 1 old artifact.

Please let us know your thoughts in our feedback thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

Enigma-Elvenar Beta Group is a newlyfound group.Join there to get the latest news.

Last edited by a moderator:

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Woah, so we will be able to get high and stong the fire phoenix? I have a level 1 egg I crafted in the book, as I started to play after that wonderful event.

Wonderful news, because with the recent city re-arrangement, I made no room for the Coldfire... but sure I can find a spot for a Fire Phoenix (even if we can't get it to level 10.)

There is light at the end of the "no fire phoenix tunnel", maybe it will not be able to reach level 10 from this current event, plus giving up the ColdFire (but the feeding effect is already meh for me, and I am in woodelves., especially with a fire phoenix in the formula.)

We will manage a level 6-7 fire phoenix (quests will be limited sadly, so no extra level up artifacts), and in a few months, they will make a possibly cheaper, sale of these artifacts. ENNO is a business, and they know they will sell them. I can assure that I'd be happy to pay to finish up the F phoenix if its reasonable. Like me, many.

(I am a married guy with a family, and putting $50 down the throat in alcohol is less amusing than 5600 diamonds, tbh -unless its a good wine, usually, higher than $50.)

Edit due the above message:

So, that means, we can easily craft five old artifacts? Nice... level 6 fire phoenix... I wish, wish, wish you guys make limitless quests (it will pull diamonds from our wallets to boost stuff, you guys know it, its the fire phoenix we are talking about here. Come on! :D)

Last edited:

DeletedUser9340

@AstralSoul Yes it can be crafted; 2 Coldfire Phoenix Artifact to get 1 Phoenix Artifact OR 2-3 Phoenix Artifact to get 1 Coldfire Phoenix Artifact.Can be crafted in the MA.

DeletedUser3571

Its a bit disappointing to not see rise of the phoenix and something like awkp as a daily. I have 3 rise of the phoenix that i wanted to replace with more up to date versions, and awkp can be used by all and is useful to throw your essence at if you don't like any of the buildings.

Hekata

Artisan
Its a bit disappointing to not see rise of the phoenix and something like awkp as a daily. I have 3 rise of the phoenix that i wanted to replace with more up to date versions, and awkp can be used by all and is useful to throw your essence at if you don't like any of the buildings.
Same. I have 2 from 3 chapters ago and I was 100% sure we'd see that prize. I really don't understand why it was omitted and some were repeated twice. The lack of Awkps is disappointing too but I was expecting that since it seems they have decided not to give us any instants save what we get as grand prizes / in chests this time. (hopefully only this time)

Pauly7

Magus
Several are repeated twice. I'm not sure if it's laziness or if they're making sure not to hand out prizes that were deemed too good the first time.

Hekata

Artisan
Several are repeated twice. I'm not sure if it's laziness or if they're making sure not to hand out prizes that were deemed too good the first time.
I don't think Rise of the Phoenix is particularly good. I mean it gives a nice amount of pop and culture but it's not amongst the top buildings. The Phoenix cult is much better I think. Rise of the Phoenix was just visually pretty cool. I have other buildings in inventory that can replace those 2 in my city, I just like how they look a lot.