• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Errandil

Conjurer
I don't find the buying from the wholesaler quests a problem, i dump excess coins and supplies in there every day anyway. The quests that bug me are the buy 10 KP that come up time after time after time. I got that 9 times in a pretty short space of time in the last event and that is what made me ignore the whole thing in the end and i will do the same with this next one if i keep getting the buy KP quest.
Both quests can be equally hard, especially for smaller players, if you get several of them back to back. And with the increased wholesaler prices even more so.

Timneh

Artisan
I don't find either quest hard i just find the buy KP quests very annoying and that is why i stop doing events when i feel i have had too many of them.

DeletedUser5093

Scrapping the lottery system is perhaps the best thing the devs came up with in the last few years - assuming it's gonna stay scrapped for good that is. So let's hope it'll stay buried and won't come back to haunt us like a traumatic memory in a future event (such a possibility has been vented already, despite the overwhelmingly negative feedback over the Winter Magic event, so I'm not exactly holding my breath, though I don't want to be entirely negative. It's a most welcome change, let's just cling to the hope that it'll last).
It's a sad state of affairs that the best game change we've seen in a while is the devs fixing a mistake they created themselves. :rolleyes: I hope that monstrosity stays dead and buried. Can we salt the earth and burn the remains?

Gargon667

Mentor
Indeed. Inno doesn't seem to understand that the event overkill is meshing poorly with the existing weekly demands on playtime, and that it is chasing people away. @Silmaril @Muf-Muf How many times will this need to be clarified?

I guess until people stop playing events.

If you don´t like them don´t do them. That would be your best way of action. The servers tell Inno what people do and don´t do. They don´t care much about what you say, complaining is the norm, no matter what they do. So they don´t listen to your word, they look at what you do instead :) And fomo is cleary an extremely good motivator so all is good in Innoland.

I personally don´t mind the events. I do them when I have nothing better to do and I now only play the occasional one fully, when I feel it is worth it. But just playing the event along without special effort has lately always been enough to get 1 evolved building. And as much as people complain about the grand prizes, doing the Math has so far never revealed one that was not worth placing in a city of their chapter. They may not be glamorous and if you don´t upgrade them, they will become obsolete like any other event building, but until then they are always better than the alternatives from the building menu. The new event is at least bring back the chests, so that is one step towards more interest from my side, haven´t looked at the rest yet...

DeletedUser8409

I don't know many people who will have FOMO for the forthcoming building. Personally even if I get a dozen Artifacts I still won't place it. I'll play the event for any decent dailies but I'm jot going to sweat over it. Given the chests have been nerfed once there are no more good dailies the event will be over for me.

DeletedUser1829

It's a sad state of affairs that the best game change we've seen in a while is the devs fixing a mistake they created themselves. :rolleyes: I hope that monstrosity stays dead and buried. Can we salt the earth and burn the remains?

I am fairly sure it will come back. Pretty sure I read they wanted different style events for variety, so that was the first taste of a different style. If they want variety it means it will be back and likely some other new styles (pretty sure a peak at FoE would provide a decent spoiler if history is any indicator).

The best you can hope for is they make some tweaks to it when it does come back.

Jackluyt

Shaman
I am fairly sure it will come back. Pretty sure I read they wanted different style events for variety, so that was the first taste of a different style. If they want variety it means it will be back and likely some other new styles (pretty sure a peak at FoE would provide a decent spoiler if history is any indicator).

The best you can hope for is they make some tweaks to it when it does come back.

The one tweak that would make the Shuffleboard a lot more acceptable would be if they made the Shuffle function player-controlled - so you have the choice when to activate it, after you have got your Daily Exclusive.

I hope someone passes that suggestion to the designers!
:)

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I don't know many people who will have FOMO for the forthcoming building. Personally even if I get a dozen Artifacts I still won't place it. I'll play the event for any decent dailies but I'm jot going to sweat over it. Given the chests have been nerfed once there are no more good dailies the event will be over for me.

Nerfed? I think they give the same, except the 165 one, that gives 6 steps instead of 5, but % are the same. (I have an almost chapter III account there.)

Jackluyt

Shaman
The Event Questline has been changed!

We will post details once we have them.

83352457_10215825563132643_1812987763876691968_n.jpg

Dear Humans and Elves,

We are making a change to the Elvarian Carnival quests on Beta today: we will, for this event, not use the randomized quests. Instead, we will be using a questline that will be the same for all players, as we have done previously. We are making this change because of both feedback that we've received from the community during past events, as well as data that we have for these. We are aware that, on Beta, this change is made during the event itself, but we want and need to test this change before we can release the event, including these changes, to our Live worlds next week.

For Beta, these changes will result in the following two effects:
  1. When you log in, you will see the quest(s) that you had available before the update, but you may notice that it will not give you a reward upon completion.
  2. However, as soon as you complete the old quest, the new questline will start from its beginning, that will also be available on Live from day 1 of the event.
These are known effects, and this happens because otherwise we would have introduced issues that would cause duplicate rewards for all event quests. We will not be able to manually grant rewards for quests, nor will we be able to manually accomplish quests for which you would not get a reward. We know that these effects are not ideal, but please be reminded that this is a Beta environment where changes like this can and will happen for various reasons. Just know that you will still be able to collect plenty of Candy, because you will be able to play the full event questline that will also be available on Live.

We do apologize for any inconvenience and/or confusion the changes may cause, and ask for your understanding in why we are making them. Thank you as well for continuously providing us with feedback on our events and the game in general - your feedback is invaluable!

We are of course looking forward to hearing your feedback on the changes. Please use the discussion thread to share your thoughts with us!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Jackluyt

Shaman
This is what I have so far of the new quest list!
I will be adding more here: https://tinyurl.com/varaehy

1. Produce 1 Beverages - 21 Candies + 1 Valentine Float Evolving Building + 200 Supplies
2. Produce 2 Simple Tools - 22 Candies + 20 Marble
3. Gain 1 Relic - 23 Candies + 20 Steel
4. Solve 2 Encounters or 8 Tournament Encounters - 24 Candies + 20 Planks
5. Spend 10 Knowledge Points - 25 Candies + 1000 Coins
6. Gain 200 Spell Fragments or Scout 1 Province- 26 Candies + 3 Knowledge Points
7. Upgrade 2 Buildings to level 2 or higher - 27 Candies + 1000 Supplies + 3000 Coins
8. Gain a fair amount of Coins - 27 Candies + 750 Supplies
9. Gain a fair amount of Supplies - 28 Candies + 2000 Coins
10. Produce 5 Bread - 29 Candies + 2000 Coins
11. Produce 3 Basket of Groceries - 31 Candies + 4000 Coins
12. Produce 25 Beverages - 32 Candies + 2000 Coins
13. Scout 1 Province or Research 1 Technology or Gain 15 Vision Vapor - 33 Candies + 5000 Coins

UPDATE: We have most of them now!

83415309_10215826580318072_7535431734700015616_n.jpg

Last edited:

Timneh

Artisan
The suspicious side of me thinks that these changes might have been made because a) players asked for them and b) the data they have showed fewer players took part in the previous 2 (or is it 3) events.

will magic ws productions count as double?

If the need for WS of a certain level has been removed i doubt magic WS will still count as double. They never counted as double before they made it necessary to have WS of a certain level.

DeletedUser8409

Nerfed? I think they give the same, except the 165 one, that gives 6 steps instead of 5, but % are the same. (I have an almost chapter III account there.)
Old 26 chest used to give 2 Inspiring Meditation. Now costs 25 and only gives 1.
Old 28 chest used to give 3 Magical Manufacturing. Now costs 25 and only gives 2.
Old 25 chest now costs 27 but still gives identical prizes.
Old 29 chest now costs 30 but still gives identical prizes.
Old 41 chest used to give 3kp but now only gives 1kp.
Old 57 chest used to give 15% coin rain or 15kp instant. Now costs 54 but only gives 10% coin rain or 10kp instant.
Old 85 chest used to 40% of the time give 4x8h instant, now 20% of the time gives 2x5h instant.
Old 142 chest used to give 33% Portal Profit. Now costs 161, gives same prizes for everything else but only a 20% Portal Profit.

All nerfed besides the 18 chest.

DeletedUser1829

The suspicious side of me thinks that these changes might have been made because a) players asked for them and b) the data they have showed fewer players took part in the previous 2 (or is it 3) events.

Although part b might have as much or more to do with the prizes as it could be the quests.

DeletedUser5093

This is what I have so far of the new quest list!
7. Upgrade 2 Buildings to level 3 or higher - 27 Candies + 1000 Supplies + 3000 Coins
My orcs city on beta has this quest as "Upgrade 2 buildings to level 2 or higher".

DeletedUser8409

The full 85 are on ElvenGems - is there any difference between your 85 and their 85?

DeletedUser1874

I most certainly hope so. However I'm not so sad about it - admitting to a mistake (albeit partially and just in facts) is not something that's often seen from gaming companies nowadays. The potential for examples is endless.
I will be sad should they re-revert to the trash they pulled off in the last few events, and I'm not at all ruling out that it's something that could happen, that's for sure. After all I remember a team member stating something along the lines of "events will be varies in nature", so the possibility of random stuff and/or the lottery is still looming ominously in the horizon.