• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

DeletedUser

This a nudge from Inno to encourage players in the right direction.

Wonders are a must to get through chapters from halflings onwards - you need divine seeds to research techs and the more wonder levels you have, the more seeds you get. The earlier you start building them, the better off you will be in those late chapters.

Plus, they really do make sense, after an upgrade or 2 they are a great use of space :)

Encourage your new players to start with a Golden Abyss.
Most new players already start with the Golden Abyss, however they won't be able to use the instants until they've unlocked the AW tech in chapter 2.

I also run a starter FS on Winyandor and have already had one of my members saying that there's no point doing tournaments if he can't use the kp as he doesn't have the tech unlocked, and even unlocking the tech means nothing until the runes are collected to actually build the first AW. I put him straight, as obviously tournaments are about more than just the chest rewards...

DeletedUser5976

The change is not yet implemented on Live servers, only on Beta. So there's nothing for you to see.
Ah, I was under the impression that changes in beta came to live servers a week later and since this was being discussed already last week I had expected it this week. Well I guess we will soon see it, if they decide to implement it.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
LadyHavva, it's normally a week later, although it isn't an automatic thing. After all, the purpose of the beta sever is to test new changes. There will be a new thread on this forum for a new release when its done, and sometimes we get one of those in game notices. The forum post always seems to happen though.

DeletedUser

This thread will probably end up on "News from Beta" as its about something which has happened there but not come here yet.

DeletedUser1829

How will the Change to instant KP rewards Help new players ?
Newer players and smaller fellowships now get kp in every chest rather than only some chests, so they will gain more kp overall. It doesn't take long until chapter 2 and then they can use them once they have a wonder or just save them for power levelling. Also with easter event closing in they can use them on a someone elses wonder to help with use x kp quests and such if they desire a more short term benefit.

Inno is going to push this change regardless, so I'm afraid we'll have to make the most of it

Don't forget this was also requested by players. Considering I have seen more player requests ask for this from AW rewards, I will not be surprised if we see that come at some point in the future. If it does it will hopefully also see an 80% increase in payouts.:rolleyes:

A lot of players have complained about rewards blocking the hourly kp, so this will also be driving the change.

Killiak

Artisan
Don't forget this was also requested by players..

By SOME players. There was/is plenty of criticism and dislike in the Beta forum about this.
And I do believe the original suggestion was not about changing all the tournament chest KP's into instants, but about AW completion rewards to be given as instants.

But you conveniently neglect to mention that.

A lot of players have complained about rewards blocking the hourly kp, so this will also be driving the change.

And Inno has said they would fix that, but I guess they couldn't get around their own code. So now we get our choices limited again.
At least the number of "KP" we get is increased, so it isn't a total loss.

But like I said, your arguments do nothing to convince me.

Jixel

Spellcaster
Don't forget this was also requested by players.

No, players were asking for KP reward packets of some sort, which could be used on anything. Not just ones limited to AWs ... either Inno has misunderstood what we were asking for, or they have made a (poor, in my opinion) design decision for reasons of their own.

Lelanya

Mentor
No, players were asking for KP reward packets of some sort, which could be used on anything. Not just ones limited to AWs ... either Inno has misunderstood what we were asking for, or they have made a (poor, in my opinion) design decision for reasons of their own.
It's a clue. They are left for us much as Lizzie is scattering a trail. We are meant to invest them in levelling our AWs so that the later chapters go well.

DeletedUser1829

They have clearly stated they won't give us KP packets that can be used for anything, particularly due to end-tech players saving them up for new chapters.

A lot of people were asking for a solution to rewards hitting the KP bar, while some where specific on the request many where not. Inno has previously created their own solution to problems players have highlighted and they arent always solutions every player likes. But in this case it does solve the problem of kp rewards and the kp bar even if the outcome is not welcomed by some. It also solves the issue of reduced KP when tournaments were changed which was another large player complaint.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Here is a video that shows the changes that are being made to the Tournament Awards.
I like this!
A Ten Chest fellowship now gets 135 KP, not 75! And they are paid out as Ancient Knowledge Instants, so you can spend them any time that suits you, without pressure.

This change is already in the Beta World and should reach the Live Worlds this week - if the usual practice applies, then it will come to EN ? International server on Tuesday 20th, and the other servers on Thursday 22nd.

If you wish to be notified when we post news like this in video form, check the Like & Subscribe boxes on YouTube.
You are welcome to share this video with all your friends who don't play on Beta!

Deleted User - 106219

A Ten Chest fellowship now gets 135 KP, not 75! And they are paid out as Ancient Knowledge Instants, so you can spend them any time that suits you, without pressure.
But they can be used ONLY on AWs, not on the tech tree...

Timneh

Artisan
It seems to be working differently for different people as when i used an AW instant it only added the number of KP in the instant to the quest but when i added normal KP they were counted as double.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
I've had both happen - instants that counted for a quest and instants that didn't. I think some of the quests allow instants, some don't. It's obviously a mistake, and I guess it will be fixed for the next event.

DeletedUser

I've had both happen - instants that counted for a quest and instants that didn't. I think some of the quests allow instants, some don't. It's obviously a mistake, and I guess it will be fixed for the next event.
and in the process I'm sure something else will be broken ;)

cwgiii

Shaman
It seems to be working differently for different people as when i used an AW instant it only added the number of KP in the instant to the quest but when i added normal KP they were counted as double.

I have seemingly had this happen. But, I refreshed the screen, or the game (can't remember which). And then the quest acknowledged the KPs. It might just be lag (hangup) within the game. Regardless, if you put in a support ticket, they can investigate, inform, and possibly correct the issue.

DeletedUser3781

• Just a head's up: With tomorrow's update, the Ancient Wonder rewards will also change to KP instants. As with tournaments, the amount of KP's will increase significantly and on higher levels, more contributors will receive rewards.
Nice. I'm curious about new values.