• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Killiak

Artisan
I will reiterate that while I appreciate an increase in KP rewards, and that we won't see KP disappear anymore due to the nature of the hourly system, I still am not pleased with KP being locked into one place (AW's)

Last edited:

DeletedUser6199

Posted in our FS.

I have just seen some information on some changes that are going to be made to the AW upgrade rewards. These changes are due to be made in the Beta world soon but not sure when they will come to the live worlds.

As you now if you donate KP to another players AW then you can get a KP bonus when they upgrade. Currently these KP are just added to you KP bar which, if you are unlucky, means it can fill up and so you lose the hourly KPs until you next logon. It seems this has been a source of a number of comments/complaints recently and so the change being made means that these KP remwards will be given as KP instants instead. This does mean that you cannot use them on the reseach tree and so will have to use them to upgrade your own (or someone else's AW).

As soon as I finds out when this is being made in Live I will try and let everyone know.

A.

This move will cause me to leave the game. period.

All you need to do is change it so the kp is added when you come online, or on acceptance. This idea of tying all the kp up to aws is rubbish.

m4rt1n

Adept
I actually like the kp instants for AW's as I build and upgrade many of them, and the fact that the kp rewards will increase significantly for helping a fellow/neighbour and the fact that I will no longer lose any of my 24 daily kp due to the bar filling can only be a big improvement. :)

Lelanya

Mentor
Posted in our FS.

As you now if you donate KP to another players AW then you can get a KP bonus when they upgrade. Currently these KP are just added to you KP bar which, if you are unlucky, means it can fill up and so you lose the hourly KPs until you next logon. It seems this has been a source of a number of comments/complaints recently and so the change being made means that these KP remwards will be given as KP instants instead. This does mean that you cannot use them on the reseach tree and so will have to use them to upgrade your own (or someone else's AW).

This move will cause me to leave the game. period.
Coming with the next update. Also coming is the smarter battle AI tested a year ago. I love a challenge so I am good with it!
I asked for AW rewards to be instants and there will be more of them yet! Sorry to hear you are planning to quit. Consider this:
For tech you still have hourly KPs, the ones gained on the provinces by solving or tourneying and those you purchase.
These changes are good and positive and stem from direct player feedback. Proof that we are heard :)
There are difficult patches in this game, sure. But your fellows ought to be about to support and encourage you!

Timneh

Artisan
In my opinon these changes that are seeing KP rewards given as instants are to slow players down by not letting the KP be used in the tech tree.

These changes are good and positive and stem from direct player feedback. Proof that we are heard

Not 100% correct, Players asked for a change so that they did not lose KP because their KP bar filled up when they got their rewards and one suggestion mentioned above was asked for but Inno chose to make the rewards AW instants. Some players like them some don't i personally think getting a claim notification would have been better. The game is slowly turning into a dictatorship in my opinion. Let us play the game the way we want to play it and not your way Inno.

Jackluyt

Shaman
This change came to the Beta World on 11 April 2018.
There have been persistent complaints that if one donates Knowledge Points to a friend's Ancient Wonder, and the Wonder completes all the KP required and pays you a bonus – if you are offline or asleep, the inflow of KP will fill your KP Bar, and you will not gain your normal hourly KP until you come on line and empty it.
Here is the solution at last!
The bonus you gain will now be paid out in Ancient Knowledge Instants, that will go into your Inventory and not fill up your Knowledge Bar.
The downside is that you can only give these Instants to an Ancient Wonder – yours or a friends – you cannot use them on the Tech Tree.
To compensate for this, the Developers have whopped up the number of people who gain a bonus, and the number of KP! (For higher-level Wonders only).
1f642.png

I personally am very happy with all those extra KP.
This will not affect players who do not regularly donate lots of KP to their friends' Wonders – because you have to put in a whack to have a chance of winning a bonus!
There will be unhappy players – but to me who upgrades all my Wonders aggressively, it seems fair that a prize won from Wonders should go back whence it came.

This picture is an example I took from my city – my Shrine of Shrewdy Shrooms level 12 now gives 7 bonuses not 6 – and greater bonuses to the top players too!

30623943_10211523256097656_6489482070358730836_n.jpg

For the full InfoTip and a bigger picture, go here:

https://bit.ly/2GQl763

Lelanya

Mentor
Not 100% correct, Players asked for a change so that they did not lose KP because their KP bar filled up when they got their rewards and one suggestion mentioned above was asked for but Inno chose to make the rewards AW instants. Some players like them some don't i personally think getting a claim notification would have been better. The game is slowly turning into a dictatorship in my opinion. Let us play the game the way we want to play it and not your way Inno.
I did specifically ask for this

DeletedUser2452

https://support.innogames.com/attac...7&attachment=5f14ff1f21cd53065d3d0131c9dd597d

can Inno improve it ?

Look at the attached image

the game should design to let plyaer ( your customers )
knowing what they will have

those "kp instant" look like a treasure chests
NO ONE KNOW WHAT IS IN THERE

if Inno cannot improve that "kp instant" to display "what is inside"
Inno should try like the rune
"rune symbol" 2 ( Needles of Tempest )

that is to say
beside "kp instant picture", modify the 1 as below
1 ( 5 kp instant)

then every 1 will know ...what is that kp instant

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1829

In my opinon these changes that are seeing KP rewards given as instants are to slow players down by not letting the KP be used in the tech tree.

For me it speeds things up. The amount of restricted KP I get is a fairly small percentage, think I figured out it was 15%. Even if it goes up to 20% due to the increase rewards it is a tiny amount of my total KP. I am yet to check my KP spent but I am certain it is a much higher portion than 20% of my KP has gone into wonders. So the reality is over a stretch of time this as nil limit and only increases total KP. It may feel limiting at a fixed point in time but that is all. We can also plan for it now to minimise the effect.

Not 100% correct

Actually 100% correct. Lot of people also commented on the KP bar situation but there is a specific request for KP instants from AW's and that is only on one of the many communities, who knows how many others also requested this.

Timneh

Artisan
For me it speeds things up. The amount of restricted KP I get is a fairly small percentage, think I figured out it was 15%. Even if it goes up to 20% due to the increase rewards it is a tiny amount of my total KP. I am yet to check my KP spent but I am certain it is a much higher portion than 20% of my KP has gone into wonders. So the reality is over a stretch of time this as nil limit and only increases total KP. It may feel limiting at a fixed point in time but that is all. We can also plan for it now to minimise the effect.

You are speaking from your own perspective, for anyone that always used the kp they got from AWs to advance in the tech tree this change is slowing them down. Different people play in different ways, although Inno seem to be trying to stop that.

Actually 100% correct. Lot of people also commented on the KP bar situation but there is a specific request for KP instants from AW's and that is only on one of the many communities, who knows how many others also requested this.

Yes there were SOME requests for this change to be the way it is but you neglected to mention that there were also requests for alternative ways of solving the full KP bar problem and i would imagine that also applies to the many other communities.

DeletedUser

.... Yes there were SOME requests for this change to be the way it is but you neglected to mention that there were also requests for alternative ways of solving the full KP bar problem and i would imagine that also applies to the many other communities.
I seem to remember that back before all the instants were put into the game, people were requesting that they be held in packages to be collected and used when wanted/needed rather than having the bar fill and losing the hourly kp because people were offline.

From there Inno took the "packages" idea and turned them into kp instants to be used only in AW, and now that people are upgrading their AW so rapidly due to having to put the instants in suddenly we're all awash with kp filling the bar again... it was inevitable that Inno would turn the AW rewards into instants as well and as the only instants they have are AW instants then that's what we'll get! What I wonder is whether the kp from events will also turn into instants as it is very possible to win a large number in a very short space of time, like the 94 I had yesterday while getting rid of my essence.

So while people were asking for packages of kp, they weren't necessarily asking for AW kp instants!

DeletedUser3781

I also like to put tournament KPs in my techs when I had some open. But with AW rewards, I think it's actually a good change because you never knew when they were going to hit your KP bar and block it.

Timneh

Artisan
I still think a better idea would have been for us to get a notification and then have to claim the KPs. That way the players that want to put the KP into AWs could do so and other players could use them for research like they do now. Making it so you have to claim the KPs would give a player a chance to empty the KP bar just after a hourly Kp has been generated then claim the KP reward and use them so that all they lose is a few seconds. Doing it that way would keep everyone happy.

cwgiii

Shaman
If I ever get there...

I'm slightly depressed with all the redirection of KPs to AWs. I do upgrade mine, a lot, but previously I did so freely with the knowledge that when I need KPs for my tech tree, I will easily get them from tournament chests or AW rewards. Now I don't have that option. This means that when I get tech-locked, I have to put all my KPs into Ancient Wonders, but when I finally unlock the new tech and have lots of places to put KPs in... I no longer have any KPs available and have to wait hours and hours.

Sure, it slows things down. But it also frustrates players. Bored and frustrated players = less interest in the game. Having to wait hours for KPs and not being able to use tournament / AW rewards = bored and frustrated players = less interest in the game.

Now, I know devs love casual one-time players best -- the ones that start the game, buy one diamond pack, play for 3 hours, get bored and leave. But guys, there's a reaaaaallllly limited supply of players like that. You have to try to keep the long-term ones happy and interested.

I definitely hear you, and I agree with Timneh that it would have been ideal to be able to accumulate all KPs awarded (whether from the KP bar, tournaments, AW rewards, etc.) and spend them as I like. We don't always get exactly what we want. However, I do feel that this is an improvement. It actually infuriated me when I had done the work and planning to determine the best time for me to log back in, do my rounds, collect KPs, goods, etc. Only to find a "reward" of X KPs that bumped my KP bar into excess and wasted my hourly progress, without any fault or control on my part. At least this way, I don't feel frustrated or cheated in that regard. It is actually more efficient, because I don't loose those KP generated hourly when I plan. I can actually apply more (of those) to the knowledge tree. And then I just dedicate the others toward AWs. Different mindset, but less frustration from my point of view.

Last edited: