• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Lelanya

Mentor
I definitely hear you, and I agree with Timneh that it would have been ideal to be able to accumulate all KPs awarded (whether from the KP bar, tournaments, AW rewards, etc.) and spend them as I like. We don't always get exactly what we want. However, I do feel that this is an improvement. It actually infuriated me when I had done the work and planning to determine the best time for me to log back in, do my rounds, collect KPs, goods, etc. Only to find a "reward" of X KPs that bumped my KP bar into excess and wasted my hourly progress, without any fault or conrol on my part. At least this way, I don't feel frustrated or cheated in that regard. It is actually more efficient, because I don't loose those KP generated hourly, because I plan. I can actually apply more (of those) to the knowledge tree. And then I just dedicate the others toward AWs. Different mindset, but less frustration from my point of view.
Yes and I do think this is the best possible solution given what systems are already in play.
So all in fair warned... I am going thank Inno when this is released as I run 2 FSs that will benefit from the increase in rewards :)

DeletedUser6458

In general I do not see the need for more "tech tree" kp than we will have after this change takes place. You will be slowed down more by other requirements than you will be by kp. I use all my hourly kp as a rule when I have tech open and all other kp to wonders anyway and never feel like I am going slowly. We will still have kp to win during tourneys (and lots of it if you know what you are doing) so I am unsure why there is a negative view towards this change at all. I am pleased to see more positive comments than negative for once :)

DeletedUser6458

I'd say it has been very well explained by multiple posts so far, so I am unsure how you have missed these nuanced opinions.

I read what they are saying I just don't understand why they are seeing this as a big deal. You have a limited number of kp to put into each research and a lot of resources to gain to unlock the researches. So you either get slowed down by kp or by resources. There is no way (nor should there be) to simply and easily finish a chapter right away, as that would defeat the purpose of the game??

Killiak

Artisan
I read what they are saying I just don't understand why they are seeing this as a big deal. You have a limited number of kp to put into each research and a lot of resources to gain to unlock the researches. So you either get slowed down by kp or by resources. There is no way (nor should there be) to simply and easily finish a chapter right away, as that would defeat the purpose of the game??

My personal point was that, whilst people will not mind the increase in the reward, there are plenty of people who will dislike the removal of CHOICE.
Before, we got a solid amount of KP that we could distribute as we saw fit, either in the tree or in AW's and in any amount that we liked => 3 here, 10 there, 12 over here, maybe 6 there. With the AW rewards you are LOCKED into spending hem only in AW's and in set amounts.

Whilst it is true that people have suggested these kinds of AW rewards, there are also suggestions about giving generic KP instants and/or having a specific "claim" button. Inno chose a solution that limits choice, and this irks me (and others).

If you still don't understand, then I'm afraid there's no amount of explanation that ever will help you do so.

DeletedUser6458

My personal point was that, whilst people will not mind the increase in the reward, there are plenty of people who will dislike the removal of CHOICE.
Before, we got a solid amount of KP that we could distribute as we saw fit, either in the tree or in AW's and in any amount that we liked => 3 here, 10 there, 12 over here, maybe 6 there. With the AW rewards you are LOCKED into spending hem only in AW's and in set amounts.

Whilst it is true that people have suggested these kinds of AW rewards, there are also suggestions about giving generic KP instants and/or having a specific "claim" button. Inno chose a solution that limits choice, and this irks me (and others).

If you still don't understand, then I'm afraid there's no amount of explanation that ever will help you do so.

I don't see any choice taken away is what I am saying. I understand how players might see it this way but if you really think about it it is going to take time to get through the tech regardless of what you do aside from spending whackloads of diamonds. When you get to later chapters you will see there is really no choice and you will need the wonders built up to get through elementals at a decent speed. Inno is simply balancing the framework so people are being pointed in the right direction.

DeletedUser6458

Then we will forever be in disagreement.
It is not a disagreement for me. It is simply a glass half empty (you) glass all the way full (me) way of seeing things :) Seriously though this is not the change that affects you in the regard you are talking about most. This change makes total sense as you only get these rewards from working on wonders anyway. The tournament chest rewards would make more sense to be a generic kp instant but then you would get less so I would be very unhappy with that change. Every kp for wonders is important as that is all I have left to use them for...

DeletedUser6458

Thanks for the positive view as well Mickeymano :)
It is refreshing isn't it?
I cannot see how this change impacts too many harshly but I have never been a player to race thru the tech tree either. 24.5 months in and I am on S&D chapter only.
I think this comes to the core of the matter. Many players are not realizing that going through tech tree fast or slow is of relatively low importance. In the end how much work you have done on your wonders will be the most deciding factor on how well you place. So why are people complaining about something to help us upgrade wonders more efficiently?? I do not concur with that opinion...

m4rt1n

Adept
The way I see it players compete and race to be the first to complete the next guest race released, then spend the next 6 months complaining that another guest race is not yet available, and in some cases threatening to leave the game forever unless Inno release another guest race.

My stance is I absolutely love the idea of more kp instants to use on the many AW's in the game, as there is already far more than enough kp available to get through the tech tree. If your short, just do the first 2 rounds of the tourney each week to about province 14-24 depending on how much kp you need. :)

DeletedUser6458

I'm a member of 4 different FS and none of them want anything to do with the FA, last time around they tried, and in one we even had the dedicated guy who had a spreadsheet and kept a tally of who was producing what and kept us moving forward... this time even he says "NO", at what point will Inno listen to those who say "no", the beta forum is full of people saying that enough is enough, and yet here it comes again like a speeding express train, except this time I won't feel the need to throw myself under...
Sometimes Lisica you just need to have faith in your fellows. If you can't then it might be time to be looking for an alternative FS. Triumph had a blast the last round of FA and are looking forward to the next. The main concern I have is the quest system being updated further because doing 20 toolboxes or farmers is a pain in the bee uuttt. But the idea Inno has started on FA is sound and enjoyable for those who chose to do so. I am confused with posts saying frozen shipwreck is a terrible prize??? that is one of the best buildings ever released.... People need to start learning how to use math to check out their buildings. I was happy to take 2nd instead of first because of that prize. The bounds of negativity never cease to amaze...

DeletedUser6458

Quick question.

Does InnoGames planning on making the late game players just observers to the Tournaments? Seems to me that in the new Chapter there's instead of balancing a major imbalancing...
The tournament-ing is one of the principal aspects of the game, if you (dear InnoGames) kill that for the late game, you will lose many players who have stuck around here for quite a while. Thanks for the time.

kind regards,
forictori.

Just to add a postscript.

Don't get me wrong, I don't whine. I can afford to spend few extra hours to smash those creeps in the Provinces. But I am just concerned about the other players who will be working on the latest Chapter and be as well doing Tourneys.
I think Forictori you are misplacing balancing thoughts with other players learning. You are suddenly not getting first in every tournament and feel the need to blame something. Understandable, however you had a way longer run than you should have and need to realize that getting first in such a big field requires preparation. You can go for top 10 every tournament but not first, and I think Inno has started getting it right, not wrong.

Lelanya

Mentor
My stance is I absolutely love the idea of more kp instants to use on the many AW's in the game, as there is already far more than enough kp available to get through the tech tree. If your short, just do the first 2 rounds of the tourney each week to about province 14-24 depending on how much kp you need. :)
Yes great strategy except why stop at 2 rounds why not do 5? That's another plum run and a tourneyer strong enough to do this easily qualifies for a tourney FS. Which leads to more KP instants to use on Wonders to make tourney easier and cheaper.
Hey is it true that a KP instant can be gained once the reward is assured?

Killiak

Artisan
It is not a disagreement for me. It is simply a glass half empty (you) glass all the way full (me) way of seeing things

It actually is a disagreement since we are of different opinion. Apparently you feel the need to classify or label other people's opinions and/or constructive criticism as "negative" or "misplaced", but I assure you that applying such terms to an opposing opinion does not even come close to a convincing argument. Quite the opposite actually.

I think Forictori you are misplacing balancing thoughts with other players learning. You are suddenly not getting first in every tournament and feel the need to blame something. Understandable, however you had a way longer run than you should have and need to realize that getting first in such a big field requires preparation. You can go for top 10 every tournament but not first, and I think Inno has started getting it right, not wrong.

I very much doubt Forictori feels the need to blame something, because his/her question is relevant.
The Elementals chapter has several mandatory squad size upgrades which actually very strongly increase the costs of tournaments for late-game players. You can't avoid them and your production/costs ratio gets skewed.
This is a constructive criticism, and valid question, that has been heard on EVERY gameworld (US, EN, Beta etc etc) so far.

Proven by that math you mentioned in another post. So perhaps you should read up on it?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Thanks for the positive view as well Mickeymano :)
It is refreshing isn't it?
I cannot see how this change impacts too many harshly but I have never been a player to race thru the tech tree either. 24.5 months in and I am on S&D chapter only.
What I don't like is that the choice has been removed... they could have been made into kp instants and not AW kp instants... so that people can decide what they want to do with them.

Having them made into kp instants is a really good idea, put them into the tree to move ahead a little faster, put them into AW if you prefer or for when waiting for GR goods - I think you'll find that people aren't complaining about the instants per se, but about the lack of choice in using them!

You've been playing for 2 years and I've been playing for nearly 3, the difference between us is that I have finished Elementals, mostly through my own strategy which works well for me and now all my kp goes into AWs through our various FS chains.

What difference does it make to you, or anybody else who likes to go slowly, where I put my kp, whether into the tree as and when I can or into AWs?

For YOU, it may be a great and wonderful change, but not for everybody!