• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

DeletedUser8409

Those who don't like it likely haven't played it enough to figure out that the real juicy benefits are coming not from the regular Spire chests, but from the Mystery Chests. While end-level chests are good, they're hard to get to often. But mystery chests drop with about 2x per level, including level 1. And purple chests are amazing.
I've had very few purple chests recently, just a lot of blue ones. I only seem to get purple now if I'm in the big boss section of map 3. Not sure if there's something that triggers the colours.

Deleted User - 1759805

I've had very few purple chests recently, just a lot of blue ones. I only seem to get purple now if I'm in the big boss section of map 3. Not sure if there's something that triggers the colours.
I don't go past mid level 2 while I am finishing Elvenar chapter, and still get purple chests. They were never super frequent, but the wait is worth it ;)

Pauly7

Magus
Me too!
If you just do Stage One, you win much much more than you spend.
You don't have to do stages two and three.
I have won several Magic Residences already, just doing Stage One every week.
These days I'm doing stage 1 more than not, but I never go beyond as the cost is way too much to make it worth it. The people that play the whole Spire possibly have that many resources still available having completed other game targets. If so then I can understand it being worthwhile as there is no other cost comparison of Spire-only items.

I play my stage 1 mostly to get a handful of CCs. Occasionally I get a bonus Spire set building, but I've never won a magic building that way.

DeletedUser8409

I've done 3 maps every single week since launch and have 3 completed Spire sets but no Magic buildings.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Can someone with access to Beta please say how many Fellowship points from Spire are required to unlock all the Fellowship prizes?

And if its a steady or easy to copy/paste amount how many are required for each prize before that?

1330 points.

77326709_731104184077789_4392810877250699264_n.png

Here are the last 4 encounter totals - I will do the whole Spire next week; you can't see the totals once the group has gone past that number.

78226178_502684960375378_361122091493228544_n.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser1829

For the top performing few FSs who get 60k tournament points every week then sure I can see the point of fighting on another front, but I won't ask fellows to play the Spire unless they want to.

From my experience fellowships who get those sort of scores is because individuals see the individual benefits outweigh the cost so they do a lot for self-gain. This personal achievement positively helps everyone. The spire however there is a big divide about the cost verse benefit. Plus with the system there people have to do a minimum amount to get each level of awards. The good thing is if you already do something in spire you now get more rewards then before and some of those are 100% predictable, something that the spire badly needed in terms of lifting its value.

While I personally think it has its benefit I also think doing all 3 levels is a waste of time as the third map offers the same rewards but at an exorbitant cost. The multiplayer option just gives people more free stuff for what they already do in spire.

Also even if someone doesn't want to do map 1 in spire just the first section is so easy to combat you can get past it on auto-fight with minimal losses. If you get super lucky a free chest turns up in your section as a bonus.

DeletedUser8409

17 players doing 2 maps would hit the 690 required for the first 9/12 prizes. Its the final prizes that get very expensive.

DeletedUser8409

I play Map 3 every week. Its expensive yes but I view it as a stretch target, if you've got the resources to clear it (and I do) then why not?

Its just like the Tournament, no different at all. Province 10 of Tournament gives you 5kp in round 2 for 8 battles with half a squad each (4 squads worth of battles), and 11kp in total for 20 battles with half a squad each (10 squads worth of battles). Province 60 of Tournament gives you 5kp in round 2 for 8 battles with 3 squads each (24 squads of battles), and 11kp in total for 20 battles with 3 squads squad each (60 squads of battles).

But if you just want to settle at map 1 or maps 1 and 2 then it will be quite easy to get those rewards as a fellowship. It is the map 3 rewards that will be challenging.

DeletedUser8632

I play Map 3 every week. Its expensive yes but I view it as a stretch target, if you've got the resources to clear it (and I do) then why not?

That's not the point. The point is that in the tournament three, four good players can carry the FS to 10 chests if the remaining members do a reasonable contribution (of course as long as this is ok with them) - In the Spire, this does not work. You can do 63 points. That's it, thank you and good night.

In other words: It is not possible in the Spire to achieve better rewards without pushing FS members beyond reasonable limits.

Edit: And please stop telling everybody how easy it is to do Map 3. It is not, in fact it is utterly unfeasible for anybody still progressing in Chapters.

DeletedUser8409

That's not the point. The point is that in the tournament three, four good players can carry the FS to 10 chests if the remaining members do a reasonable contribution (of course as long as this is ok with them) - In the Spire, this does not work. You can do 63 points. That's it, thank you and good night.

In other words: It is not possible in the Spire to achieve better rewards without pushing FS members beyond reasonable limits.

Edit: And please stop telling everybody how easy it is to do Map 3. It is not, in fact it is utterly unfeasible for anybody still progressing in Chapters.
I'm still progressing in Elvenar, I've not finished it. I've got multiple Fellows who are progressing through chapters of different chapters who can do it too. Its not about feasible or infeasible, it is about priorities. I get about a hundred hours a week from the Spire - that pays for a lot of training! Just because you see big numbers doesn't mean they're infeasible any more than round 6 of your latest tournament is infeasible even if you struggle to do it. Do you do all your unlocked provinces to 6 star every week or not?

Consider Map 3 as being the equivalent to the 6th star at the end of your Tournament. At least this gives better rewards than 6 star on the Tournament does since I'm not especially keen on winning a shard and a broken shard.

It is very possible in the Fellowship in this system to get prizes without being pushed beyond reasonable limits. If everyone decides to only do the easy first map then everyone who does will get all the prizes from the first map. System working as intended. I don't see how it is better to have a Fellowship carried by 3 to 4 players, a Fellowship should cooperate together not simply take advantage of a couple of members.

As for getting 10 chests (40,000 points) with just 3 to 4 players carrying the Fellowship ... Sure that's possible if you have 4 players scoring 10,000 points - but looking at Elvenstats while that is my score increasingly often now that is extremely, extremely rare and I've not noticed any players doing that carrying their Fellowships by themselves. Oddly enough players scoring 10,000 points or more tend to be in Fellowships where other players are also scoring. On the other hand if you've got 25 active players you just need to score 1600 points each on average, much more reasonable and better than relying on being carried by 3 to 4.

EDIT: PS I never said it was "easy" so I'm not going to stop saying it is easy since I never started saying it is easy. I actually if you can read properly said "Its expensive" but said it is a stretch target if you can do it.

DeletedUser8632

As for getting 10 chests (40,000 points) with just 3 to 4 players carrying the Fellowship ... Sure that's possible if you have 4 players scoring 10,000 points - but looking at Elvenstats while that is my score increasingly often now that is extremely, extremely rare and I've not noticed any players doing that carrying their Fellowships by themselves. Oddly enough players scoring 10,000 points or more tend to be in Fellowships where other players are also scoring. On the other hand if you've got 25 active players you just need to score 1600 points each on average, much more reasonable and better than relying on being carried by 3 to 4.

I said "if other members reasonably contribute" - meaning the rest of the FS members do somewhere around 1000 tournament points which I daresay is modestly more achievable than 22 FS members having to do a full spire clear to get the final prize.

DeletedUser8409

Who said having 22 members do a full spire is easy? I've not seen anyone say that. But its a target to work towards if you want to, we don't need everything handed to us on a plate.

If you're only interested in the first map then only a few fellows are needed to unlock that and you get all of the first maps Fellowship prizes. If you're only interested in the first two maps you can get that with about half your Fellowship doing that - and yes if a couple go on to do the third then that can put even less pressure on others to do both the first two. Achievable targets are available for everyone even if you only want map one then you can get stuff from that.

And since there's nothing like a Blueprint for clearing the final chest (which I think there should be given its difficulty but nevermind) you don't lose out by not doing it either.

DeletedUser8632

And since there's nothing like a Blueprint for clearing the final chest (which I think there should be given its difficulty but nevermind) you don't lose out by not doing it either.

Except for the prizes that are being shifted from the single player to the multiplayer rewards, you mean?

DeletedUser8409

Except for the prizes that are being shifted from the single player to the multiplayer rewards, you mean?
No I don't mean. If you were previously doing 1 Map only and you get enough Fellows to also do 1 Map you will get more rewards from that 1 Map now than you did before.

DeletedUser8632

No I don't mean. If you were previously doing 1 Map only and you get enough Fellows to also do 1 Map you will get more rewards from that 1 Map now than you did before.

We are basically guessing at the moment, so lets not argue and see how it looks in reality.

Although, judging from Inno's 80 Euro stunt for 3 artifacts I am not holding my breath waiting for free improvements.