• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Deleted User - 1759805

I am confused now.

So the winter magic event does not need upgraded workshops and factories anymore? Although the announcement in the beta forum says they will/might be needed for for "bonus" quests I haven't seen any indication that any player had to use upgraded facilities to do a quest. Did anybody in beta actually encounter one of these requirements yet?
I think bonus quests start around #180 or something like that. Given overall level of excitement about this event, I don't think many (if any) people reached that far, and none has posted their feedback.

DeletedUser8632

im far from getting that far in beta :p, the new reward system and the not so great evolution building didnt really gave me the feeling i had to go for it. So im still like on quest 50 or something.
but supposedly you need them at the very end. Not sure if im gonna bother doing the very end tho, if the amounts of ribbons is reduced at that part.
I think bonus quests start around #180 or something like that. Given overall level of excitement about this event, I don't think many (if any) people reached that far, and none has posted their feedback.

Thank you both for your feedback, this is very helpful.

Personally I don't mind not needing upgraded WS and factories, so please don't think I'm complaining. Just a bit - annoyed. After Inno specifically addressed that topic in the last Q&A session and stated "OH YES, requirement for upgraded buildings will ABSOLUTELY remain as core mechanic!" we had valuable FS members leave the game because of it and others, like me, spending a month making room for upgraded workshops and factories.

I just wish they would think things through BEFORE they implement them.

DeletedUser8573

Personally I don't mind not needing upgraded WS and factories, so please don't think I'm complaining.
I really liked that you needed upgraded WS and factories. I hoped that FA and challenges would be changed accordingly but looks like we are back to reserving space for events.

DeletedUser8632

I really liked that you needed upgraded WS and factories. I hoped that FA and challenges would be changed accordingly but looks like we are back to reserving space for events.

Oddly enough, same. BUT I understand how intensely irksome this was for many players who used Wonders and Event buildings for supplies and basic goods.

Jackluyt

Shaman
I am confused now.

So the winter magic event does not need upgraded workshops and factories anymore? Although the announcement in the beta forum says they will/might be needed for for "bonus" quests I haven't seen any indication that any player had to use upgraded facilities to do a quest. Did anybody in beta actually encounter one of these requirements yet?

I am on quest # 100 and so far they are all 'regular'

I am expecting the 'bonus' ones to pitch up any day now; will post when they do.
I think the idea is to give enough regular quests for us to attain the goal they have set for us - whatever that may be.
I think the (more difficult) bonuses are for people who have rushed to the end and want something more to do.
Actually that is not a bad idea!

I am finding the quests so far very easy.

Jackluyt

Shaman
The long-awaited multi-player version of Spire of Eternity is coming to Beta!!
(This was promised with the original announcement.)
1f642.png

77262603_10215267822949487_7178761149175824384_n.jpg

Progress in the Spire of Eternity, together with your Fellowship
Gather your Fellows and complete Encounters in the Spire of Eternity together to make progress towards additional rewards. These rewards depend on personal and Fellowship progression and are granted after the Spire of Eternity ends on Fridays. Fellowship reward chests contain everything from Boosters, Combining Catalysts, and Portal Profits, all the way to Teleport Building Spells and Diamonds! The Fellowship Points that you gain when playing the Spire of Eternity are what's required to unlock the chests.

SpireMP01.png

Participate to unlock rewards
It's important to note that, in order to receive the Fellowship rewards, you will need to participate in the Spire of Eternity. Fellows of a Fellowship, together, unlock rewards, but every individual player must also complete Encounters in the Spire of Eternity to make themselves eligible to gain the rewards the Fellowship has unlocked. To help you see how much progress you and your Fellowship are making, we have created a new overview that will be available as a side-panel while you're in the Spire. You can find it via the new button in the top-left of the screen while you're within the Spire of Eternity.

SpireMP02.png

Expanding this (click the green arrow), will make the full progress bar appear:

SpireMP03.png

On the progress bar, you can see your own progress (shown in the center of the progress bar), the Fellowship's overall progress (the purple bar), the rewards that your Fellowship has unlocked (on the right side of the bar), and the individual progress of each of your Fellows (on the left side of the bar). Some example scenarios could be:

• Your Fellowship has earned enough points to unlock two reward chests and your own progression is going towards unlocking a third chest (this is the situation displayed in the screenshot above). In this scenario, you will receive the rewards from the two chests the Fellowship has unlocked at the end of the Spire of Eternity (on Fridays).
  • Your Fellowship's progress is ahead of your own. To obtain all rewards the Fellowship has unlocked, you'll need to complete further Encounters in the Spire of Eternity to also become eligible for the rewards your Fellowship has unlocked.
  • You have earned enough points to unlock many rewards, but your Fellowship's total progress is not yet enough to unlock them all. In this case, we'd recommend you encourage your Fellowship's members to also complete some more Encounters in the Spire of Eternity, so that the Fellowship as a whole also unlocks these rewards and those eligible receive them at the end of the Spire.
I'm not in a Fellowship, can I still play the Spire of Eternity?
Yes, you can. If you are not part of a Fellowship, the Spire of Eternity is available as before. But, you cannot get the Fellowship rewards of the Spire if you are not also part of a Fellowship. While it is possible to make progress towards these rewards and unlock some of them if you are the only person in a Fellowship playing the Spire of Eternity, you will need multiple people to unlock all potential rewards.

Rewards redistribution and rebalancing
With the regular Beta update on Monday 25 November, we will make some changes to the rewards distribution in the Spire of Eternity.
  • Slightly lowered the chances of obtaining the Mana Plant, Endless Scroll, and Gum Tree set buildings.
  • Increased the chances of obtaining Diamonds from several Guard Encounters, and adjusted the amounts per drop to reflect these changes.
  • Increased the amounts of Diamonds that can be received from Boss Encounters.
  • Moved a reward of 4 Combining Catalyst reward from the third Guard Encounter to the Multiplayer rewards. A reward of 2000 Spell Fragments takes its place.
  • Moved some Teleport Building rewards to the Multiplayer rewards and replaced them with Portal Profit 10%. This affects two Boss Encounters.
    Note: The Teleport Building Spells that can be received from the 4th Encounter, and those that can be obtained from Mystery Chests are still there, unchanged.

Disclaimer: remember, this is Beta!
On Beta, we are launching the Multiplayer features for the Spire of Eternity in a state that is not yet 100% complete. We do this so that we can get your feedback as early as possible in the development process, and we highly encourage you to share your feedback in the discussion thread, and to report any bugs you may find in the bug reporting section of the forum. We recommend updating to app version 1.93 as soon as it becomes available, as this version will have several bug fixes for bugs that we have already found.

Any parts of the feature are subject to change, and may be different once released to the full Elvenar community across the world.

We hope that you enjoy the new feature, and the additional rewards that you can now get from the Spire of Eternity. Please let us know your feedback by posting in the discussion thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Pauly7

Magus
Personally I don't mind not needing upgraded WS and factories, so please don't think I'm complaining. Just a bit - annoyed. After Inno specifically addressed that topic in the last Q&A session and stated "OH YES, requirement for upgraded buildings will ABSOLUTELY remain as core mechanic!" we had valuable FS members leave the game because of it and others, like me, spending a month making room for upgraded workshops and factories.

I just wish they would think things through BEFORE they implement them.
Whilst I see how it is annoying how that played out I am, more so, happy that they have shown themselves capable of listening to feedback and still adjusting the event accordingly, even though they are having to do what they said they wouldn't.

Julian

Sorcerer
Interesting introduction of the multi-player version of the Spire. What I don't like is the removal of some CC and replacing it with spell fragments. I've got them coming out of my ears already.

DeletedUser8632

Whilst I see how it is annoying how that played out I am, more so, happy that they have shown themselves capable of listening to feedback and still adjusting the event accordingly, even though they are having to do what they said they wouldn't.

Yes and no. If it were only that.

But from reading the beta forum I now have the distinct impression that they are trying to solve the issues they have with the events now buy just making it generally less rewarding.

DeletedUser8632

In this case, we'd recommend you encourage your Fellowship's members to also complete some more Encounters in the Spire of Eternity, so that the Fellowship as a whole also unlocks these rewards and those eligible receive them at the end of the Spire.

Ok, listen here you clowns. I started this game because it seemingly offered something for either style of play. Be militaristic, build armories, whatnot. Or be a trader, manage and built up resources. So, that was a lie.
Then I thought "Well, I'm just going to progress a bit slower, take my time, built my city the way I want..." - turns out, unless you want to really not participate in events or most of what your FS is doing thats not possible. So, that was another lie.

And now you want me to bully the rest of the FS into participating in a feature that is already hated by the majority of people I play with? Your combat it ridiculously broken, both overly simplistic and yet so complicated that nobody including Inno really has a clue what is going on number wise? And you still have no clue why people hate it, so you want players to convince other players to do it, regardless if the enjoy it or not?

The reward to effort ratio in the Spire (well, we call it the "Carrot of Doom") is still laughably off balance. It was and is an unmitigated disaster. And because you are apparently unable to make this feature even remotely attractive to a large portion of players you expecting other players to do it for you? Haven't you already done enough damage to the few remaining functional fellowships by driving players away, encouraging cutthroat hire/fire policies and forcing fellowships into making page long policies to offset your balance blunders?

One word: No.

You want more people to play the Spire, fix it.

Edit: After rethinking what I just posted I need to clarify why I feel so strongly about this. For me it seems that some of the better rewards (i.e. Teleport Spells) are being shifted to the multiplayer rewards. If that is the case, I fully stand behind what I wrote.
If however the multiplayer aspect is a genuine addition to the current benefits of the spire, without taking away from the single player rewards, I feel much more positive about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1759805

If however the multiplayer aspect is a genuine addition to the current benefits of the spire, without taking away from the single player rewards, I feel much more positive about it.
Some awards are shifting to team awards, the rest of the prizes are in addition to. But you can still win solo prizes - including the teleports. But, apparently, less catalysts for the solo mode.

m4rt1n

Adept
Some awards are shifting to team awards, the rest of the prizes are in addition to. But you can still win solo prizes - including the teleports. But, apparently, less catalysts for the solo mode.

Sounds like a bit of a kick in the teeth for a player like myself who have completed every spire since it's addition mainly for time boosters and CC spells.

However I will wait and see once live how exactly it works then give my opinion in full.

DeletedUser8409

Sounds like a bit of a kick in the teeth for a player like myself who have completed every spire since it's addition mainly for time boosters and CC spells.

However I will wait and see once live how exactly it works then give my opinion in full.
Indeed I've completed three Spire maps every week since it began. Same can't be said with all fellows. It's possible to get all Tournament rewards by 25 people doing 1600 points each or have some players do 1000 and others do more. Since it's not possible to do more than 3 maps on Spire what's required to get all prizes? I.e. Equivalent to 10 chests.

DeletedUser1874

Teleports being gated behind the RNG-gated of the already RNG-dominated (RNG^ᴿᴺᴳ) Spire was bad enough without having their number reduced and shifted towards this new multiplayer version. Catalysts, too. I can't possibly be the only one that's drowning in fragments and permanently CC-starved despite a level 5 MA and a full Spire set.
This will result in players who don't like the Spire (for a plethora of good reasons) getting peer-pressured by their FS into doing it. Not good.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
why dont you all wait to trash the new thing before you actually see it. IT hasnt even started on beta yet.
From what i understand these shifting are positive things, from get a % chance of getting the CC and teleport, you now get a 100% chance of getting it, if your fs does enough. For me that feels like an improvement.... im assuming you wont need 25 people all doing it 100% :)

LazyTony

Sorcerer
You are always so positive Heymrdiedier, and it is a refreshing change to the normal moans and groans. I'm not going to post until I play it, but when it smells like a turd from a long way off, its hard to welcome it.

Deleted User - 1759805

We'll see specific details when we see them, but so far I am mildly positive on the Spire multiplayer changes. I think this is moving in the right direction. We're not losing (much) of what we have there today, and we're potentially going to gain quite a bit more. Power of positive thinking! ;)

Which is much different than the new event setup which is just bad, terribad. Dammit, my positive mindset didn't last long ;)