• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Hekata

Artisan
Assuming, of course, that I'm understanding it right...
Yes, I think you are, I just saw the screen shots in JackLuyt's link and it's like in previous events I think. I do find that inno words their description/quests in a complicate way sometimes. Or maybe my English is just not good enough... :)

Sir Derf

Adept
Also, assuming that I'm understanding it right, you really won't be able to focus your efforts on maximizing your odds for a specific type of small prize. You have a 1:16, 1:15, 1:14, etc chance at all the small prizes, until you hit the reshuffle, where you're back at 1:16 again.

Something they haven't stated yet is what the distribution of small prizes will be. Will there only be 1 out of 16 that is a building (I'll guess yes)? Will that building be consistent for 24 hours, even after reshuffles (I'll guess yes) or will it change with each reshuffle? Will the other small prizes stay consistent throughout the entire event (I'll guess yes), or will they stay fixed each 24 hours, or change with each reshuffle?

It will take a little probability musing to consider the relative odds for a daily buildings in the long run with this system versus the old. This system, you have small (6.25%) but increasing odds until you get it, followed by zero chance until you reshuffle, at which point you're back to small but increasing odds again (plus, a possibility of getting double payout). Past system, you had 5-30% chance each go, depending on which orbs presented itself. I don't know if it's already been worked out; If not, I don't know if I'll give it a whack.

Bottom line, though, if my guesses are correct, you should still be able to save up your ribbons to binge a lot of presents so as to get a particular daily prize building in quantity, but should also get a more varied selection side-effect prizes.

DeletedUser8409

Any idea how T2 and T3 goods quests are going to work? I don't have T2 or T3 manufactories and it will take a long while to build them.

Also any idea if Sentient manufactories will work or if it has to be your generic boost rather than sentient boost? I have Sentient T3 but will that work or be considered as unboosted?

Finally can anyone share what the level 10 evolved building gives? Preferably Elvenar chapter.

Errandil

Conjurer
So far it doesn't look too good. I got used to the ability to go for the 8h instants constantly and will miss it. We'll probably end up with even more prizes we don't need like coin instants and rune shards. Like something that looks like pet food on the screenshot though.
Also smaller rewards for harder quests... Seems like there again were 20 or so players that won too much during the bears event and the devs again don't like it. It would be interesting to see how much smaller there rewards actually are.

DeletedUser8409

I did well in Bears event, but to be fair they said they were sure people would adapt to the challenge and wanted to see how people will do. Doesn't look like they meant it lol.

DeletedUser1874

I did well in Bears event, but to be fair they said they were sure people would adapt to the challenge and wanted to see how people will do. Doesn't look like they meant it lol.
Is anyone surprised? No? Didn't think so. :rolleyes:

Gargon667

Mentor
Obviously things can still change, but it looks like they killed all kinds of strategy. Everybody will basically get the same stuff, the only difference will be the quantity based on if you finish the quest line or not. the bonus quest line with reduced rewards will increase quantities a bit more.
Much fewer daily prizes than in earlier events: a chance of 1/16 (slightly better with the reveal 2 price, if useless prices are revealed) at a price of 60, means a average price of 960 (so far the average price for a daily was between 300 and 400 most of the time)

Errandil

Conjurer
Lol, yes, I saw your city and it's amazing results, I'm really envious tbh. Probably not the adaptation they expected though, therefore the removal of the possibility to properly hunt for the time instants. I wonder if it would still be possible to adapt.

After some thinking I don't like the event changes at all. They removed the possibility to hunt for the stuff we want like KP or time boosters, reduced the amount of daily prizes won and at the same time apparently nerfed the amount of the event currency one can get, considering the wording of the announcement. I wonder what downgrades we will get the next event if we still manage to perform well in this one.

DeletedUser8409

Lol, yes, I saw your city and it's amazing results, I'm really envious tbh. Probably not the adaptation they expected though, therefore the removal of the possibility to properly hunt for the time instants. I wonder if it would still be possible to adapt.

After some thinking I don't like the event changes at all. They removed the possibility to hunt for the stuff we want like KP or time boosters, reduced the amount of daily prizes won and at the same time apparently nerfed the amount of the event currency one can get, considering the wording of the announcement. I wonder what downgrades we will get the next event if we still manage to perform well in this one.
Thanks, put a lot of effort and a fair few diamonds in to that event. But this event looks like they're designing a strategy game that they are taking all the strategy elements out of it. I don't like scratchcards and that seems to be basically what this is now - a month long scratchcard which you have no real strategy for.

Sir Derf

Adept
Mathing as I type, don't know where this will go...

A key question is, how many presents can you expect to open before you get the reshuffle? How many presents before you reach the 50% chance?

So, 1 in 16 (6.25%) you get it the first time. 6.25%
If you didn't (15/16, or 93.75%), then 1 in 15 (6.66%) you get it the second time. 6.25%. Chance you get it in the first 2, 12.5%
If you didn't (15/16 * 14/15, or 87.5%), then 1 in 14 (7.14%) you get it the third time. 6.25%. Chance you get it in the first 3, 18.75%.

Okay, so you accumulate 50% chance you get the reshuffle within the first 8 presents.

And in that 50% chance, you will have opened from 0 to 7 other presents, and thus will have received from 0 to 7 prizes. Average 3.5 prizes. 50% chance that you will get 3.5 prizes before the reshuffle. Huh.

Sir Derf

Adept
Next question: What are the odds you get the Daily Prize before you get the reshuffle?

Let's compute the odds you don't get the Daily Prize before the reshuffle, instead, since that is easier to explain.

Initial fail if you get the reshuffle on the first present, 1 in 16 (6.25%) 6.25%.
Fail in 2 if you get not Daily or reshuffle first (14 in 16, 87.5%), then get reshuffle second (1 in 15, 6.66%). 5.83%. Chance failed up to 2 presents, 12.083%
Fail in 3 if you get not Daily or reshuffle first (14 in 16, 87.5%) or second (13 in 15, 86.66%), then get reshuffle third (1 in 14, 7.14%). 5.416%. Chance failed up to 3 presents, 17.5%

All the way to missing in your first 14 presents and getting the reshuffle in your 15th (meaning the Daily Prize was in the unopened 16th present), a 0.42% chance.

Cumulative chance you don't get the Daily Prize before the reshuffle..... 50%.

Which therefore means, 50% chance you will get the Daily Prize before the reshuffle. Huh.

Sir Derf

Adept
Thought that I won't bother to work out the math on, involving the double gift.

Given the above 50% chance of getting the Daily Prize before the reshuffle, a portion of that 50% chance you will have gotten the double gift immediately before the Daily Prize, meaning that you win 2 Daily Prizes that round. Which means you expect slightly more than 0.5 Daily Prize per reshuffle. Huh.

DeletedUser8573

Hmm Is there any info what the event building produces in final stage? As far I understood at stage 1 it produces T2 goods.

I'm a bit sceptical with this event and might skip it unless the building is a must have.

DeletedUser8573

Never mind. I found the answer from Platinum Leaf. Stage 10 building gives all T2 goods and KP (3) instant every 24h.

DeletedUser5093

I'm a bit sceptical with this event and might skip it unless the building is a must have.
A stage 10 Gingerbread Mansion in Woodelves chapter will give 986 population, 1989 culture, plus some of each of the tier2 goods, and a 3KP instant per 24 hours. Can't say exactly how much tier 2 just yet. Might be vaguely similar to the Mermaid's Paradise, except Tier2 instead of Tier1.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
So here we have another forge of empires event system, i stopped playing that game over a year ago and this event system was there, that reshuffle was a pain in the backside...:mad:

DeletedUser1874

A stage 10 Gingerbread Mansion in Woodelves chapter will give 986 population, 1989 culture, plus some of each of the tier2 goods, and a 3KP instant per 24 hours. Can't say exactly how much tier 2 just yet. Might be vaguely similar to the Mermaid's Paradise, except Tier2 instead of Tier1.
So not really something worth going through the colossal pain in the posterior this event looks like. I could place 4 or 5 more fully upgraded Mermaid ones, but... yeah, no. And thank the gods for that.

That being said, isn't there something extremely wrong when players are happy not to look forward to an event? Food for thought, Inno. Not that you guys actually learn anything from feedback, assuming you even read it, but here you go anyway.

DeletedUser8409

I worked hard to win my Brown Bears and spent a lot of diamonds. I will not work hard to get this. Will take it easy, get what I can get. The building is nothing special and the scratchcard reward system looks awful.

Deleted User - 1759805

From what people have said over the months it seems that all the things that FoE has eventually make their way here.
Apparently people who play FoE (not me) say that there are several event types in FoE, and the one adopted is literally the worst of them all, and is generally hated with a passion over there. YMMV.