• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

DeletedUser4149

I may be missing the bigger picture here but surely if the devs dont want us to win so many grand prizes just cap them at 2 or 3. Keep the infinite quests going for those who want to keep bashing away but offer lesser stuff - time instants or something.
yes. the only thing i can see that you may be missing is that they might have to cap the daily prizes too, which is certainly possible also.

DeletedUser7526

I purchased diamonds and replaced all workshops with magic workshops. I seriously doubt what your intentions are when you bite the gamers who have spent money in the game.

And you tell us to provide constructive feedback and not negative feedback. Alright. But what actions have you taken about the constructive feedback’s about optional SS upgrade. And you promised mail in app and kp exchange on app, hmm, 2 or 3 years ago. Why are the game designers not working on your long lost promises but on newer ways to enrage gamers.

True, money is needed to run your company. But if you so blatantly assault the collective emotions of your customers, sorry, but you will loose your customers.

And given that Using lower numbers of magic workshop is detrimental my game/ event, I refuse to spend anything more on the game. And I ask you to see this as a constructive feedback. Do not tag it as negative feedback for your convenience and neglect it as usual.

And in extension, why do you assault gamers who have spent on events to get the event buildings to replace their T1 manufactories.
To rephrase, why are you working against your own interests?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4149

they could have been more creative when they added these speed bumps that they are trying to slow us down with.
i've suggested that they add quests to collect coral, snowflakes, woodstock tickets, or whatever. that would've slowed us all down equally, except for maybe those that purchased their building that adds to the coral collected. that would also give people a better reason to buy that building w/ cash too.
if they don't want people to get stuck or get too much coral, then giving people the option to skip quests by paying coral might work well.
as mentioned above, capping the # of grand prizes we can win would help too. i'm surprised they let people win more than 1 in the 1st place.

DeletedUser7526

Some least reasonable thing would be to include any manufactory, including sentient instead of t1 only. For people in constructs with one t2, t3 and a couple of sentient manufactory can still participate in the event.

At least make the game playable. I understand that you gave two cookies and want to cut back to one : which in itself is a very bad marketing strategy. At least make the changes manageable to keep your loyal customers. Do understand that we are the customers and you are service providers. Keep us happy and it’s win-win for you.

DeletedUser1874

The way this event is designed irrefutably proves that this game is moving towards a "pay to participate" from a "freemium/pay to win" approach. I doubt I'll last much longer, especially given how the devs insult our intelligence by giving answers worthy of politicians in order to avoid answering righteous and serious concerns (weekly reminder that FOMO is a thing and that people with a personality spent to gambling and addiction are a thing, and are being exploited by such mechanics) that are instead tagged as negative feedback.
Exactly as many other games, and exactly as Jim Sterling predicted many years ago, more and more companies opt to make their games unpleasant or even impossible to play and to offer players "alternative playstyles" (=paying real money).

hawk the slayer

Spellcaster
And that Vetinus is the very reason I play this and not the game I player prior. Whilst it was a lot more competitive it became a pay to play if you wanted to progress at a reasonable rate. I am fearful that this is going the same way.

DeletedUser1874

And that Vetinus is the very reason I play this and not the game I player prior. Whilst it was a lot more competitive it became a pay to play if you wanted to progress at a reasonable rate. I am fearful that this is going the same way.
Same exact thing. Perhaps history will repeat itself after all...

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
In my opinion, gain x goods or gain x supplies quests would be far better and solve the issue of players getting their goods and supplies by other means than regular workshops and factories. They could even work it to exclude the trader so we would have to produce the goods ourselves.
its allready like that, the trader doesnt work, and goods from chests (with lighthouse) also don't work. You really need to produce them in factories or event buildings

Timneh

Artisan
In my opinion, gain x goods or gain x supplies quests would be far better and solve the issue of players getting their goods and supplies by other means than regular workshops and factories. They could even work it to exclude the trader so we would have to produce the goods ourselves.

I think that would be far better than what they are doing now. It would mean that players without fully upgraded manufactories and workshops would still be able to do the quests but it would take them longer to collect the goods/supplies than the players with fully upgraded manufactories and workshops.
I wonder how many players will not be able to do the upcoming event because their buildings are at a level that is too low, i am sure that i am not the only one.
We have come a very long way from the time one of the game designers said that events were made so that all players would be able to finish them.

DeletedUser8632

I am fairly confused again (oh, surprise!)

In the coming event, some quests are along the line of "Produce [tier 1 boost][9 hrs] 3 times with a Manufactory from your previous or current Chapter"

The thing that confuses me now is: You don't get factory or workshop upgrades in every chapter. For example: If you are in chapter 4 the last factory upgrade you got was in chapter 2. So what counts as the "previous" chapter? Chapter 3? What level would that be? Or the first level you could reach after your previous building upgrade (which was in Chapter 2).

The same of course holds true for players in chapter 6.

I know, I know.. I am making my own head hurt.

Timneh

Artisan
This is from the announcement on beta forum, hope it helps you understand.

This event comes with a set of new quest conditions, one of which requires productions to come from buildings of a specific level. Level 1 Manufactories and Workshops won't suffice in this case, but you're certain to be successful with these quests if your buildings have been updgraded at least to the levels that became available with the previous Chapter in Research (or if that Chapter didn't contain Research for an upgrade, the Chapter prior to that). The amount of productions required by these quests has been lowered accordingly.

DeletedUser8632

Yes. Yes it does. Thank you. Wasn't aware or didn't read the "prior to that level" bit.

Errandil

Conjurer
I was creating a table for my FS about the minimum WS levels for the event and how long it takes to get to them from scratch. And I came up with this list:
Dwarves: 35h 32m,
Fairies - 106h 58m,
Orcs - 138h 26m,
Woodelves - 174h 49m,
S&D - 213h 47m,
Halflings - 255h 52m,
Elementals - 299h 50m,
Amuni - 345h 43m,
Constructs - 394h 58m.

And I can't even... Being in elementals, I'll be lucky if I get 5 workshops ready before the event, and that's with the two weeks notice and five builders. And if I manage to time this between sleeping and working just right to not have any pauses. And that's not to mention the need to build additional manufactories. Are they serious? Giving players lot's of opportinities to make an efficient city without workshops by providing us with AWs, event buildings and supply instants and then make an event that require buildings that take literally hundreds of hours to build. One of the worst game design choices I've seen, the person who came up with this bright idea should be fired.
I wonder how the players who don't read the forums would react to this madness once the event starts.

DeletedUser7081

I was creating a table for my FS about the minimum WS levels for the event and how long it takes to get to them from scratch. And I came up with this list:
Dwarves: 35h 32m,
Fairies - 106h 58m,
Orcs - 138h 26m,
Woodelves - 174h 49m,
S&D - 213h 47m,
Halflings - 255h 52m,
Elementals - 299h 50m,
Amuni - 345h 43m,
Constructs - 394h 58m.

And I can't even... Being in elementals, I'll be lucky if I get 5 workshops ready before the event, and that's with the two weeks notice and five builders. And if I manage to time this between sleeping and working just right to not have any pauses. And that's not to mention the need to build additional manufactories. Are they serious? Giving players lot's of opportinities to make an efficient city without workshops by providing us with AWs, event buildings and supply instants and then make an event that require buildings that take literally hundreds of hours to build. One of the worst game design choices I've seen, the person who came up with this bright idea should be fired.
I wonder how the players who don't read the forums would react to this madness once the event starts.

Totally agree!

To start building just the WSs would be challenge time-wise and let's face it would some even have the population for them and the space? Are we supposed to buy premium expansions and MRs for them? What about the T1?

What about people who are close to finishing the chapter they are in? They will need to upgrade the additional buildings (if they build them) even further or just wait until the event is over... This borders on bullying players who actually play every day and invest time and money into the game. Oh yes, we also invest time to design and plan our cities.

I have 5 MWs and am close to finishing the chapter I am in so hope this whole system gets reconsidered before it goes to Live servers. This is not a good business strategy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hekata

Artisan
I don't know if this was mentioned before but it seems to me that this event, by requiring chapter workshops and factories at chapter level advantages lower chapter players a lot, as they can still build them fast vs higher chapter players who would take weeks for just a few. Plus the amount of T1 for players in later chapters varies a lot depending of their playing style (from 1 to 7 or more) so again some players will be severely disadvantaged. Maybe a way to level things just a bit would be to let us use ALL our factories that are at chapter level (including sentient). It would still not be quite fair but it will give better chances to those with a very small number of T1 as they probably have some T2 and T3 too. And we would finally get to use those too for an event. I doesn't solve the workshop problem but it helps even there a bit because if you feel like you don't have to build more T1 (because the total number of factories is ok) then you can use the time (and space and pop) before the event to build a few workshops.

m4rt1n

Adept
Last edited:

DeletedUser1874

As MGT now owns 51% of INNO games, the shareholders will demand profit so instead of diamond purchases now going to the development of the game they go to rich people making money. The game will never be the same again now INNO are in the minority of ownership of their own game. :(

https://www.mtg.com/press-releases/mtg-increases-ownership-in-online-games-developer-innogames/

@Muf-Muf @Rilian @Dizzy Lizzie I do hope you are all on the pay role for the upcoming fallout.
That explains a lot. When shareholders come into play, games become money sink and die. Or if they don't die, well, I abandon them. Good to know in advance, won't be spending a dime more.

DeletedUser3671

As MGT now owns 51% of INNO games, the shareholders will demand profit so instead of diamond purchases now going to the development of the game they go to rich people making money. The game will never be the same again now INNO are in the minority of ownership of their own game. :(

https://www.mtg.com/press-releases/mtg-increases-ownership-in-online-games-developer-innogames/

@Muf-Muf @Rilian @Dizzy Lizzie I do hope you are all on the pay role for the upcoming fallout.
Just to have things in perspective. "Now" is not very accurate here, since this is OLD news: May 2 2017

So it's two and a half year old news. So they're just demanding more profits now.

DeletedUser8409

I don't criticise Inno for seeking a profit that is reasonable. But these changes punish premium players they don't reward them.

I used to have more Regular Workshops until I replaced them with fewer Premiums (which demand more population). Supplies aren't difficult to come by with PoP spells, AWs, instants etc events matter more.

Thanks to these changes I'd be better off with more regular workshops instead of premium. If anyone in future was thinking of spending on workshop I'd warn it was a bad idea. That's madness.