• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

DeletedUser5093

@tesla333 @Hekata
In both my beta and en3 cities I have a level 5 MA (i.e. I get the max amount of spell fragments from disenchanting. In my live city I can disenchant a phoenix artefact for 3000 SF, while in my beta city I can disenchant a mermaid artefact for 2000 SF, so that's a 33% reduction, assuming all artefacts give the same amount of SF.

DeletedUser4149

as they were reported, the new changes to crafting recipes are pretty senseless and didn't achieve their goal of
"Adjusted recipe costs and Vision Vapor returns for several Instants to streamline crafting costs across the different versions of the Spell", like they said was their intention on the release notes.

the costs AREN'T streamlined.

" These changes align the costs and benefits of certain items and follow player feedback on recipe availability and clutter"
the costs are not aligned and cause more clutter.
now these inefficient recipes add even more useless recipes to our mix of choices and we'll have to sort through them and figure out which recipes are worth using or not.

all of this that was supposedly done in the name of responding to player feedback looks and sounds more like smoke and mirrors that are covering the facts that-
these changes reduce the amount of fragments we can get more than what we'll save in reduced costs.
they will also make it harder to get vision vapor for those of us who often craft pet food.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Autumn colours have come to Elvenar on the Beta server - and that presumably means that the Autumn seasonal event cannot be far away!!

69886904_10214669237145216_4492734786040758272_n.jpg

Pauly7

Magus
Oh ****. The only thing I hate more than the Elvenar Autumn colours are the Elvenar Winter colours and the Summer Mermaids environment.

Humbug.

DeletedUser441

I'm still waiting for the FA . What's happening there ? Beta finished last Sunday.

Hekata

Artisan
Don't they usually announce it here 2 days before it starts? No announcement yet so at least 3 more days.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I'm still waiting for the FA . What's happening there ? Beta finished last Sunday.
It started on beta on the 26th, so two weeks later (the usual time between anything on beta and live servers) would be next Monday. So I suspect that’s when it’ll start.

DeletedUser3571

Remember that we have been getting things 2 weeks after beta, so it should be Monday next week

DeletedUser3671

Any word from Beta on Chapter 15, I've been waiting since February and the last few have been released on a February/August rota. Now it is September, is there any news to be shared. :)

Now 7 months on from the last chapter release, players are looking elsewhere for another game to play as this is now the longest wait in the history of the game for the next chapter. :(
No it's not, if what Lovec Krys writes is right. Halflings was 8 months: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/chapter-15.13433/page-3

Jackluyt

Shaman
The Autumn Event is in Beta!

Three new evolving buildings - and you can't use tiny level one buildings for the never-ending string of quests.
I will add full details later - meanwhile here is the Announcement, a few quests and a look at the three buildings and the event screen:

https://tinyurl.com/y5o2e9fx

69947032_10214707695586653_8562722950522863616_n.jpg

Last edited:

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Inno on beta forum said:
This event comes with a set of new quest conditions, one of which requires productions to come from buildings of a specific level. Level 1 Manufactories and Workshops won't suffice in this case, but you're certain to be successful with these quests if your buildings have been updgraded at least to the levels that became available with the previous Chapter in Research (or if that Chapter didn't contain Research for an upgrade, the Chapter prior to that). The amount of productions required by these quests has been lowered accordingly.

SERIOUSLY INNO????!!!! This is your answer to our request to not have only boosted manufactories as part of the questlines??

So let me get this straight... you want us to have efficient cities with maximum use of available space, because you refuse to give us more expansions. We try to do just that, by using the offered event buildings. We let them produce our goods for us and delete our manufactories and residences in order to save space, and thus trying to be as efficient as we can with the limited space that we are given.
Same as for workshops, we use event buildings and magic workshops (bought with diamonds, your number one source of income) to get enough supplies while using the least amount of space. And by doing so, we are able to delete our regular workshops to save space for other things.

But then.... you decide to change course AGAIN and force players to have fully upgraded manufactories and workshops instead of lvl 1 manufactories and workshops for event quests??! Have you completely lost your minds?? Again?? Wow... You are really trying to get everyone to quit playing this game, aren't you?

Last edited:

FieryArien

Necromancer
@C-Nymph, thanks for the (bad) news. I’m shocked.

Inno, I hate this change. :mad: Why do I have to build my city your way to be able to participate in the events?
  1. The manufactory effectivity often doesn’t go up with the upgrades. I often stayed on lower manufactory level because of this.
  2. In my Amuni city I haven’t upgraded my boosted T1 and T2 manufactories to level 24, because I do not want to lose the 1 day (and 2 days) production options. It seems I won’t be able to fulfill some T1 quests unless I upgrade ...
  3. Lately I’ve been often leaving buildings on lower level than maximum available, because I just don’t like how the building looks in the final stage. Prime example are the residences (those won’t cause a problem), but I did it with few production buildings as well (those might).

Errandil

Conjurer
That's definitely the worst solution they could come up with. Thanks to the crafting in the MA I ended up living on the supply instants only to save space and population. And building a bunch of workshops to at least Halflings chapter only to delete them after the event isn't exactly something I'm looking forward to do.

Anyway, could someone who is playing on beta tell me regarding the manufactories requirements: I'm currently in elementals, my previous t1 research was in woodelves. Am I correct that lvl20, the first one from the woodelves research, would be enough for quests?

Pauly7

Magus
There's little info that I can see, but are they trying to say that they don't want people building fields of tiny manufactories to complete quests? Rather they just want us to use what we already have built. If the requirements are sufficiently smaller then it is not necessarily a bad thing in theory... especially as it would kind of take away the issue of manufactory size.

My worry at this point, as @FieryArien says, is that if they are making assumptions that somebody from a given chapter should have X number of marble manufactories all at level 27, then it will kill the event in the water for me as I do not conform to Inno's profile of manufactories. (In fact I have 1 of those!) Nor will I change it for an event... especially to win teddy bears!

Timneh

Artisan
The way i choose to play my game means that my manufactories are a long way behind the chapter i am in so there will be no way i can take part in the event. Like @Pauly7 i will not change my play style just for an event with crap prizes.

DeletedUser8632

SERIOUSLY INNO????!!!! This is your answer to our request to not have only boosted manufactories as part of the questlines??

HAHAHAHA.. this is beyond hilarious. Taking a nice and successful game and bludgeoning it into oblivion. Its almost like you have some instructions from the parent company to "kill it already".

I'm sure your approach of "addressing a problem by replacing it with a new and worse one" is going to go down well :D

Killiak

Artisan
Since we get so many event buildings and sets that produce T1, I removed those manufactories altogether.

But the message is clear; Inno does not want us to roll through their events like champs, simply because we made efficient cities with enough space to do so. No, instead we are forced to play exactly the way Inno demands we play.

I am quite dissappointed. I just hope we don't get any forced scouting and province completion; what Inno says and what Inno does are obviously in very separate worlds.

DeletedUser8409

This is a terrible, terrible change.

Mine is an extreme example but I have worked hard on my city over years and now have a city without any manufactories and with only a couple of Magic Workshop that I paid diamonds for. I seek to get my resources from other sources like Mermaids and Wells, and for Sentient for an array of Armories combined with a Pyramid. This may be different to how others play but it was fun for me to build this and entirely works within the game set.

If we need levelled up manufactories rather than T1 manufactories that will just kill my city dead. I'm going to have to completely redo it. And to make matters worse my Magic Workshops which produce more than enough supplies for me will mean I suffer compared to people who only have more regular workshops.

Please, please, please don't bring this change from Beta to Live!

Timneh

Artisan
I just hope we don't get any forced scouting and province completion; what Inno says and what Inno does are obviously in very separate worlds.

Comments on beta say that there is a scout 1 province quest that has not got an alternative and that there are complete province quests.

Pauly7

Magus
If it's a standard string of quests that just repeats, however, it looks like people won't get stuck in the trap of scouting provinces and completing provinces many times over.